It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: maxzen2004

According to the Bible, and this may have already been posted,

Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist--denying the Father and the Son.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
It's got 20 flags too. Which is worrying.a reply to: stargatetravels

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1
a reply to: tsingtao

Why is it so hard to understand that there are those in this society that are tired of hearing about your god.

It isn't your god that is freaking some of us out because, speaking for me, I simply don't believe it and think it is a lie. It is the constant barrage you see practically everywhere. It is not unlike your neighbor playing rap music loud enough for you to hear constantly when you don't particularly care for it, but it is always there. What you are saying is that I shouldn't call the cops on the music but just sit there and take it.

Some are just simply tired of hearing and seeing it.

too bad. we have to listen to your crap too.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist--denying the Father and the Son.

AMEN

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Imagine a situation, where you are required to watch some series or sports you dislike, day after day, day after day. How would it make you feel? Would you say asking not to be forced to watch it, is comparable to you forcing your beliefs onto them? The only thing you want is peace from something you have no interested in, not being forced to listen/watch stuff you do not believe in/care about.

Atheists are not pushing satanism into schools, they are just tired of being forced to hear about religon day after day. They are not asking you to not be religious, they are asking not to be forced to say or hear religious talk. They are not asking to preach you their beliefs, they are asking you to stop preaching your beliefs onto them.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: okamitengu

Except when you remove God, you are teaching your atheism to MY kid. Oh, the humanity. See, I don't care about you, either, until you start teaching it to my kids.

Who agreed to make atheism the default?

Atheism is the default for me because there is no evidence to support ANY religious claims. None. That is a fact and i think facts are worth teaching.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
How did no one post this and then /thread?

LaVeyan Satanism or Atheistic Satanism

LaVeyan Satanism or Atheistic Satanism, often referred to simply as Satanism among most adherents, is a modern philosophical interpretation of Satanist traditions founded in 1966 by Anton LaVey. Its core beliefs and philosophies are based on individualism, freethought, skepticism, atheism, epicureanism and "eye for an eye" morality.[1][2][3]

Contrary to popular belief, LaVeyan Satanism does not involve "devil worshiping" or worship of any such deities; it is an atheistic[4] philosophy that uses the character of "Satan" as a symbol of pride, carnality, enlightenment, undefiled wisdom, and of a cosmos which Satanists perceive to be permeated and motivated by a force that has been given many names by humans over the course of time. Also the "Satan" character was chosen for representing defiance to the conservatism of mainstream philosophical and religious currents, mainly Abrahamic religions, that see this character as their antithesis.[5][6][7][8][9]

Anton LaVey established Satanism's first and largest religious organization, the Church of Satan, in 1966, and codified Satanic beliefs and practices in The Satanic Bible in 1969. The Church of Satan states that there are a number of Satanists around the world, including both members and non-members. It often rejects the legitimacy of any other organizations of Satanists, dubbing them reverse-Christians, pseudo-Satanists or Devil worshipers.

In other words Atheistic Satanism is just trolling Christians and it works. Lol

The op is just ignorant of other people's beliefs and is trying to shoehorn others into his belief structure. Personally, I'm just an agnostic, but I certainly don't like religion of any sort being shoved down my throat.
edit on 23-4-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

Yes they are. Being the good christian that you seem to be I assume you have read the Bible. The word satan appears 55 times, and never once refers to a demon or specific being of any kind. In some instances it is outright confusing. But in context it makes perfect sense. The bible was translated from hebrew- and in hebrew, the word Satan means Adversary. So with the addition of an ism applied to this we can deduct that yes, all atheists are satanists. Atheist ideologies appose god and therefore are the adversary to god- in other words- atheist can be considered as satanist. Definition and context are always important.

Atheists are legally removing god from our schools, public displays and courthouse buildings. Supposely they don't believe in higher being yet they seemed threatened by the word God.

Incorrect. Agnostics are trying to achieve the same goal. Many Christian and Muslim groups are doing the same. Some are doing this for the sake of tolerance and harmony, while others simply do not want religious or spiritual affairs interfering with public order, social engineering, or bias grants for special interest groups with a religious agenda.

This country was founded with God, it's all over our country's most important documents.

This is also incorrect. Excessively incorrect.
As per the declaration of independence, all men and women—regardless of race, religion, sex, or whatever the oppressed category du jour might be—are born equally free and independent and therefore may not be ruled without their consent. Not only is there no mention of a specific god- it advocates the freedom of any and all religion. Non Christians (whether they be Atheist, agnostic, Jewish, Muslim etc) do not want to be oppressed in their civil liberties by the religion of someone else choosing.
The phrase "In god we trust" was not adopted by the US until 1956.
The addition of a the US being "under god" in the pledge of allegiance was not added until 1948.
Please enlighten me to how the country being founded with god is over the country's most important documents.

Why is this minority trying to take away what made this, the greatest country?

US is falling behind the rest of the world in education, healthcare, freedom of press, economy, life expectancy, budget deficiency, scientific advancement, foreign exchange, human rights etc the list goes on. The US does not actually rank #1 in anything in the world aside from military size. Unless this is what you meant, could you please expand on how god made the US as it is?

How many children with Atheist parents find faith in God? Is it terrible to have the word God in a powerful speech in the morning to remind everyone we live in a great and free country? -

If faith in god is a generational thing- is it not indoctrination rather than divine will?
With the freedoms of the US you seem to cherish, what stake do you have in not enforcing your religion on someone elses child?

Anything else is just communism.

Do you have any understanding of politics?

I served in the military and I would die for my country and its founding fathers beliefs.

So you would die for the right for people to have freedom of speech and freedom of religion?
Due to your lack of understanding of politics and religion (including your own) I find your entire post to be a either blinded by your own indoctrination or a troll. Reading through some of the reactions i would say you were rather successful, but then- I am also disturbed by how many people seem to agree with your statement.

edit on 23-4-2014 by Gear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

originally posted by: Meee32
So wait... if someone doesn't believe in the "god" fairytale what makes you think they believe in the "satan" fairytale thats used in the "god" fairytale to scare the children into being "good"? Lol... Atheists are just people that grew up and stopped believing in fairytales altogether...

Now with that in mind, what do you think their opinion will be of teaching fairytales in the schools as though it were real? Imagine if we decided to teach children that dragons and eleves are real and they created us and we need to "pray" to them... lol Yeah atheists aren't going to be diggin that... Same goes for politics... Fairytales have no place anywhere baring a small childs bedtime, even then I question the value in telling "fairytales/lies" to children.

Edit: Maybe the real conspiracy is fairytales... Maybe they are there to make people open to believing any old non-sense even well into adulthood... Pretty easy to manipulate people that will believe anything!

are you done? how far away are you from childhood?

did you just find out about the tooth fairy? ever read the grims bros?

don't have kids dude.

Too late I have 3 of them lol... But yeah could be a scary thought telling the kids the truth and treating them with the same respect I demand... What a terrible dad I must be huh... Lol

As for my age I'm 33 today actually.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: maxzen2004
Atheists are legally removing god from our schools, public displays and courthouse buildings. Supposely they don't believe in higher being yet they seemed threatened by the word God. Atheist must believe in something, money, power, food? I would say love but that might be related to God, might be confusing just like the word God. This country was founded with God, it's all over our country's most important documents. Why is this minority trying to take away what made this, the greatest country? How many children with Atheist parents find faith in God? Is it terrible to have the word God in a powerful speech in the morning to remind everyone we live in a great and free country?

I love to go to baseball, hockey or football games and be humbled by our red, white and blue as everyone repeats under God.

Atheist continue to push that they believe in nothing but are fighting to remove God from our schools, buildings and children.

That is why I believe Atheist are actually Satanists, for a group who have no beliefs they are spending big money to remove God.

God is Satans greatest enemy as the Atheists.

The U.S. will always be under God, it's just American!

Anything else is just communism.

I served in the military and I would die for my country and its founding fathers beliefs.

Amen

This is exactly why American people are so brainwashed. All repeating the same tired old drivel.

I served, I believe in the founding fathers, I love god blah blah blah.

Its like a repition of a record...a brainwashing record...no individualism...just the same BS that doenst mean a damn.

Are Atheists, Satanists....HAHAHA funniest and dumbest thing I have ever heard..

YOU said "god is satans biggest enemy" WRONG " satan is gods enemy" not the other way round.

IT has always been god opening his big damn mouth....never Satan!! Read the bible for once....Always god being the D***

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

AMEN

for all you religious folk out there...here's the dirty little secret why we atheists are firmly against religion in our lives whether it be personal, in government, or any public institutions, and even restrict more than it is today:
www.sundaylaw.net...
edit on 23-4-2014 by jimmyx because: adds

edit on 23-4-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I see some are arguing schools, secular vs Christian.

Now ask yourself are our school systems better off now or then?

here is a list

History of America's Education Part3:
Universities, Textbooks and Our Founders

www.tysknews.com...

106 of the first 108 colleges were started on the Christian faith. By the close of 1860 there were 246 colleges in America. Seventeen of these were state institutions; almost every other one was founded by Christian denominations or by individuals who avowed a religious purpose.

Harvard College, 1636 - An Original Rule of Harvard College: "Let every student be plainly instructed and earnestly pressed to consider well, the main end of his life and studies is, to know God and Jesus Christ which is eternal life, (John 17:3), and therefore to lay Christ in the bottom, as the only foundation of all sound knowledge and learning."

William and Mary, 1691 - The College of William and Mary was started mainly due to the efforts of Rev. James Blair in order, according to its charter of 1691, "that the Church of Virginia may be furnished with a seminary of ministers of the gospel, and that the youth may be piously educated in good letters and manners, and that the Christian religion may be propagated among the Western Indians to the glory of Almighty God."

Yale University, 1701 - Yale University was started by Congregational ministers in 1701,"for the liberal and religious education of suitable youth…to propagate in this wilderness, the blessed reformed Protestant religion…"

Princeton, 1746 - Associated with the Great Awakening, Princeton was founded by the Presbyterians in 1746. Rev. Jonathan Dickinson became its first president, declaring, "cursed be all that learning that is contrary to the cross of Christ."

Just a little example
www.tysknews.com...

On a personal note, I was told teach you children reading, from the Bible, and they will be very smart and have a good start, it is true, it works.

edit on 083030p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

" Its vague but most people do believe in a higher being."

A higher power? Oh yes. Lightning, tornados, earthquakes, oceans, fires, etc. 95% of this world is a higher power because we have to borrow from the elements to stand a chance against them. They are not gods, they are products of chemistry which is a product of physics. Nothing to worship or bow down to, but certainly something to respect. Stuff that can easily wipe us out in our most natural state. Does that qualify as a "higher power"?

ever been to AA? how many atheists there? do they go?

That's because they are encouraged to believe that they are inherently too weak to abstain by their own strength.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I'm sure the same could be said for kids who read Harry potter books or The Lord of the rings.

P.s why is this thread in the political forum? I delete the religious forums so I don't get into these ridiculous arguments with the bible thumpers. Who don't even know what they believe in.

edit on 23-4-2014 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Atheism is indeed a religion in and of itself, and is a religious sect founded on Satanism. In researching the topic, I found some interesting commentary from www.atheismexposed.com. Here are some excerpts.

The most fundamental characteristic of satanic movements is their allegiance to Satan and rebellion against the God of the Bible. Such groups vary in their beliefs from being violent to being somewhat eccentric and just plain comical....

In short, they do consciously embrace a god -- and it is "the self". Unfortunately many of them do not simply reject Christianity and proceed to mind their own business; they invest their energy in indoctrinating others into their viewpoints. Some, in fact, become evangelical in their fervor and aggressive in their approach. They clearly and desperately want adepts and they will invest time and money to accomplish their aim.

But what does the Bible say about atheists?

According to the Bible there is no such thing as being free from God and becoming “independent.” If one rejects God’s ways, he automatically joins the "other" camp and that camp is Satan’s camp. Satan is “the Prince of the Power of the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience.” (Ephesians 2:2).

Atheists are “children of disobedience." They have no use for God’s commandments, though some may say that some commandments may have some "social value."

Many have a particular hatred toward the God of the Bible and some openly blaspheme Him and His ways with vehemence. Their spirit is the same bitter spirit that Satan and his rebellious demons have toward God.

AND:

Atheism is therefore a philosophy that emanates from Satan. It leads to abandoning the true God and to idolizing the self. Furthermore it, at times, supports lifestyles which are dangerous and self-destructive.

Atheism, therefore, must be opposed, and we must do so without relenting, as we must oppose any other form of Satanism.

edit on 23-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Here is what I'll say... Atheists have a nonstop assault on Christianity. I never hear about an atheist complaining or protesting anything to do with Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc. For that one reason I'd consider this topic. Although I suspect most atheists in the current times are just jumping on the bandwagon because it's the "cool hip" thing to do.

link   

Haha yeah convenient that isn't it...

I guess you saw the kings new clothes, didn't you? Well I mean otherwise you would be stupid... Right? Lmao...

link   
Americans are becoming less religious and dumber.

Ok I'm done...............have fun lol

I am sorry, but from what I can see, our society is a mess.

Gosh there are a lot of atheist on ATS, you guys don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot.
edit on 083030p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

Doesn't Satanism require a belief in a god? And that correlates with atheism in what way?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews

Atheism is indeed a religion in and of itself, and is a religious sect founded on Satanism. In researching the topic, I found some interesting commentary from www.atheismexposed.com. Here are some excerpts.

The most fundamental characteristic of satanic movements is their allegiance to Satan and rebellion against the God of the Bible. Such groups vary in their beliefs from being violent to being somewhat eccentric and just plain comical....

In short, they do consciously embrace a god -- and it is "the self". Unfortunately many of them do not simply reject Christianity and proceed to mind their own business; they invest their energy in indoctrinating others into their viewpoints. Some, in fact, become evangelical in their fervor and aggressive in their approach. They clearly and desperately want adepts and they will invest time and money to accomplish their aim.

But what does the Bible say about atheists?

According to the Bible there is no such thing as being free from God and becoming “independent.” If one rejects God’s ways, he automatically joins the "other" camp and that camp is Satan’s camp. Satan is “the Prince of the Power of the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience.” (Ephesians 2:2).

Atheists are “children of disobedience." They have no use for God’s commandments, though some may say that some commandments may have some "social value."

Many have a particular hatred toward the God of the Bible and some openly blaspheme Him and His ways with vehemence. Their spirit is the same bitter spirit that Satan and his rebellious demons have toward God.

AND:

Atheism is therefore a philosophy that emanates from Satan. It leads to abandoning the true God and to idolizing the self. Furthermore it, at times, supports lifestyles which are dangerous and self-destructive.

Atheism, therefore, must be opposed, and we must do so without relenting, as we must oppose any other form of Satanism.

You honestly believe that tripe?

So I come to you... "Hey fella, this here toad is actually a reincarnation of our creator. He has taken frog form and will only speak through me but he demands you pray to him and him alone and that you must kiss him every night..."

You woul must likely tell me to do one and that you do not believe me...

"But he says if you don't believe then you must be the devil! Also that your non belief is a religion hell bent on destroying his frogness upon high..."

You see what this is don't you?... Ridiculous...
edit on 23-4-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join