It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
You have to wonder about this type of thinking!

Scary........../

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: alienreality

originally posted by: freedomSlave

Do people like you even truly understand what freedom means?

Freedom means being able to do things and say things in front of others without being harassed or whatever, unless it is something that bothers a liberal, or an atheist, or a republican, or a Christian, or a Muslim, then that means serious trouble.

You can say whatever you want to say...its your right.
Its my right to tell you to stfu, to ignore you, marginalize you, and if I have a website, radio station, or anything else privately owned, simply censor you.
But you can say whatever you want to say and think whatever you want to think (within reason..fire in a theater kinda thing excluded and other reasonable limits)

Op: I think that atheists really dislike the idea of their being a God, because they want to feel like they are in total control of their destiny and don't want someone telling them there is a higher power they could be answering to someday.

Incorrect. I quite like the idea of someone keeping score. All those random acts of kindness, paying it forward, and -genuinely- being a good person not for point scoring, but because I get happy about making someone smile sounds great...if that's the case, cool..but I do good things to be a person I would want to know...not because I fear some sky daddy spanking me at the end of all this if I do otherwise.
I simply appreciate people.
As far as my destiny...its my opinion that its unwritten regardless of the status of a deitys existence...if I am destined for something, then anything I do is without consequence..it is a book I was written in with no ability to alter my path..therefore I have no responsibility for my actions.
So, yes...I am in control of my "Destiny"...but here is the thing. I have to answer to myself every day...I don't need a sky dad to correct me...I have a deep set of principles based on my fellow men. should I screw that up, there is nobody that could be more disgusted in me than myself...and I have done that before..repeatedly...and therefore I try to not step across those principles.

They want total independence from accountability to anyone except themselves..

And again, I can be pretty hard on myself when I mess up.
I am an agnostic atheist because there is simply not enough compelling evidence I have noticed to warrant belief.
but...
I do hope there is one. I would quite like that, for the reasons you actually mentioned..that three is some being that can look at the life as a whole and see what motivated me.
And if I am damned, then in all honesty, that is not a being I would want to be around for any extended period of time anyhow..because that would mean honest love of others and principles to focus in on helping each other is not a big thing..that the most important thing is to worship said being..and that is..small...very small..ceasar demanding a gigantic statue of gold of himself while the citizens starve type small.

That's what I have observed, but there are most likely other reasons.. It illustrates what total and complete selfishness is. and anyone can be selfish so this isn't an attack on atheists per se.

That's your opinion.
and of course, your opinion is wrong...so absurdly wrong it could actually become a textboox example on what the term wrong means...but hey, your opinion..awesome

They on the other hand are very against anything Christian to the point of violence and vindictive attacks.

Your lies, according to Christianity, will be brought up on your judgement. Worse, your lies are being used religiously...

Just remember to love them anyway, they need love like everyone. Especially these days

Athiest mob attacks

Finally you say a single line that actually makes sense..pity everything before shows you purposefully spread lies, venom, and confusion.

CNN showing Islam is the aggressor? what does that have to do with christianity?

look at nigeria. sudan.

what were u trying to prove?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
These threads are painful. I'm going to argue from now on,Religious people don't even know what they believe. They think they do, but if you really push them on their beliefs they don't actually know what they believe. It's just a cherry picking of bible that was translated 1,600 year after Jesus died. They talk about god and the devil without even knowing what they look like or the nature of these abstract characters. Yet they believe these cherry picked beliefs should be the foundation of how society functions.

Atheism is to religion, as abstinence is to sexual positions.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

originally posted by: tsingtao

how else would you get rid of religious influence? or stuff you don't care to hear or see?
i don't want to hear beeber or gaga, should i take them off the airwaves?

Easy. Turn the station. Radio is privately owned.

what about enforcing your beliefs on everyone?
this is a power grab. why don't YOU people keep it in YOUR home?
banning in the public sector, same thing.

Funny thing is, I don't blast my beliefs in public. Nor do I care if someone wants to ramble on about the Bible in some public park.

However, when you start trying to deny others the same rights because of your religion, that's where the limits of your freedom of religion end.

do you realize what you said?
"It must be, since most religious people seem to think depriving them of power and control over everything equates to banning."
prove religious people have all that (in the US) lol!

who decides what i am supposed to like or not? you? joe blow?

No one cares what you like or don't like. I only care when you start preventing others from doing what they like.

yeah but there are a ton of stations. it's easier to just get rid of them.

so? talk louder. have a message that people like. making me paint my house coz u don't like it is pretty stupid. ya think?

oh, i don't care either. think unicorns if you want. jump off high bridges. drink yourself to death. or work in a soup kitchen.

your life, just don't expect me to help you end it.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
I wonder if God would removed beer, and to kneel before wine.

I wonder if you would revolt, like the prior angel of darkness, a long time ago, although not the beginning of creation.

lol.

Would your love of beer, transcend your love with God? Woulds't thous revolt against the creator as well as the destroy of...Well everything.

ben said, beer is proof that God loves us.

besides, i do like a good wine.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

CNN showing Islam is the aggressor? what does that have to do with christianity?

look at nigeria. sudan.

Islam is a violent religion, God fearing violent people
I could of course put up westboro Baptist church stuff, or the KKK (Religious organization) or the many other things hitting closer to home for you. Point is, People do crazy violent insane stuff in the name of deities.
Christianity has sort of in the west gotten out of the murder everyone who disagrees with you phase...but should we really be cheering people on simply for stopping slaughtering anyone who disagrees?

Congratulations on resisting the urge to stab anyone who thinks different...truly remarkable...but lets not pretend that the irrational religious urge to do just that isn't dang near instinctual.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peekingsquatch
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

""The wicked, godless Romans eventually could no longer stand against the word of God, and the Holy Gospel became a shining light amongst dark times. Soon, the truth of the Bible became undeniable, and millions realized that Jesus was truly the messiah, and the Holy Word of God crushed the immoral evil pagan idolaters within a few years."

That is exactly why they call me atheist. Too one sided and demoralizing.

The only people who think calling someone an atheist is in some way an insult or curse are religious believers.

What is funny, is that I have seen a lot more atheists practicing and promoting "Christian" values, such as charity, compassion, humility, gentleness, unconditional love, and non-judgmental attitudes than Christians.

They also tend to be intrinsically more moral. Why? If the only reason you "live the good life" and "shun sin" is because you fear the wrath of some bronze age tribal deity that will torment you forever for disobeying, or because some vague archaic collection of myths tells you not to do x or y,you are not moral. You are a tool.

A truly moral person does not need to be threatened into doing what is right, nor do they need some book or priest to dictate what is right and wrong. A moral person does what is right because, through experience and living, they develop empathy and altruism simply from exercising logic and higher reasoning.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Um, no. It is much easier to turn the dial than it is to call your senator and rant and demand he ban whatever it was that offended you. Turning the dial takes so little effort.

so? talk louder. have a message that people like. making me paint my house coz u don't like it is pretty stupid. ya think?

I wasn't aware anyone was making you repaint your house simply because they tell you to mind your own business when they are trying to paint theirs. I assure you, I really do not care if you want to paint crosses and bible verses all over your own house. It's your property. Just don't go whining to city hall demanding they pass a law preventing me from decking my place out in pirate flags, and there will be no problem.

oh, i don't care either. think unicorns if you want. jump off high bridges. drink yourself to death. or work in a soup kitchen.

Who is expecting you to help? What part of live and let live do you not understand? No one wants your help to do anything. Quite the opposite. They want you to stop using your religious beliefs to legislate limits on what they can and can't do with their own bodies and lives.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

says you.

sorry but if you want to wash a donkey in a bathtub on sundays in new york, you might run into a problem with the law.

A very good example of why religion should remain separate from government. Otherwise, you end up with retarded laws like this.

sounds like anything goes with you.

It would be more accurate to say: "I really do not care what a consenting adult does with their life. So long as they do not physically harm other persons, their property, or their basic human rights, I do not believe that it should be any of the government's business, either. Any law, or enforcement of such a law, should be eradicated."

Pretty simple. Mind thine own business. If prostitution, drug use, other religions, gay sex, gay marriage, gambling, birth control, abortion, atheism, evolution, promiscuity, ect are against your beliefs, well, the answer is simple. Don't do drugs. Don't have gay sex. Don't use birth control. Don't gamble. Don't hire hookers.

But don't go pounding your bible demanding that the government pass laws to punish or persecute people who do, simply because it offends your moral sensibilities. Just as you have the right to believe in a wrathful god that hates gays, gays have the right to be gay and take part in any secular, government run institution, such as marriage and adoption. This applies to any other group that your belief system deems "immoral".

how bout i don't pay my grazing fees?

it's public land, ain't it?

i shouldn't have to pay.

Then don't pay your grazing fees. Though I honestly fail to see what this has to do with the topic on hand?

so anything goes? where is the rule of law and who's?

grazing fees has a lot to do with one of your answers.

i don't care if you or anyone get hep C, aids, hiv, murdered from a drug deal gone wrong, od, drink themselves to death, suicide, murdered, bullied to death, chil;d predators, hunger, etc. i ain't pounding anything. ooooooooooo not like you are.

you are doing the thumping. fix all the problems. ya gots the science. right?
moral or immoral, gee, aren't there enough crap to go around?

get your lab coats in a row.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

a reply to: maxzen2004

I starred and flagged you because I guess they call me an aetheist. (I'm trying to make people laugh and lighten up a potential arguement among members in my reply, remember religion and politics are two hard passionate subjects please understand this first off...)

Please don't categorize us all as lunatics. Only the ones that have an issue with others are the "jihadist aetheists!" Meaning those who hijacked the term aetheist to demoralize society, shun people because they want to have a belief, and they are giving the real ones like myself a bad name (Hell muslims won't speak out for their kind, but i will for mine at least)

Here's an aetheist from my perspective...
A person who doesn't believe in the traditional beg for mercy and hope lightning never hits you because you looked at some hot cocktail waitresses chest and wished she was sitting on your lap, (yes I'm a pig too) or that there is an all powerful "flying spaghetti monster" that knows and sees everything we do, everyday, at every given point in time, let's be real that is the government -not a deity. (although I seem to see a lot of similarities on parting the seas, if you listen to our current president!)
REAL aeheists do not "worship" and we do not have a problem with people who "worship" whatever they believe in, be it a statue, a cross, a carpet, a can of coke or that you need to practice your abdominal crunches against a wall in Israel. If it makes you feel better, more power to ya! I just personally feel AI don't need an organized religion to answer my questions in life. I respect you, and have no issue with what you do in your daily life.

If you want to say "one nation under god" because that is the American thing to do, I say it too. That's how I learned it after all...It's only American, anything to the contrary is unamerican. If we are together and you want to say a prayer, I don't care. If you ask me or sort of assume I should join in, why would I dis-respect you by not joining in?? Hey if it makes YOU feel better about life, it makes me feel better, why should I tear you down for it? If I met the pope and he wanted me to join him in prayer i would, because he asked and I can tell everyone I did, he seems like a pretty cool guy and he's famous and not a Kartrashian!

I love Christmas decorations, tons of colorful lites and a tree with a big angel on top, why would you have it any other way?? Mom brought me up that way, and I want MY kids to form their own opinion about what they believe, not because I GAVE IT TO THEM. Actually my wife is very religious, and one of the kids doesn't believe in christianity, but the other two do. Who am I to tell them -AS A RESPONSIBLE (think about this) PARENT what THEIR free will should be??? The spirit of christmas is about doing good unto others for me, while it is about the birth of Jesus for others -not whining because their lives are empty and forcing people to take down their nativity scenes, BUT YET STILL GIVING GIFTS TO THEIR KIDS, DON'T TELL ME YOU DON'T AETHEISTS!!!. Some displays are pretty nice.

I think Easter is a bad one, that's when the welfare aetheists come out, so the easter bunny has to be shot down too. No easter basket or colored eggs...You know the ones, they are the same people that take their kids out for Halloween without a costume expect to get candy for their kids, but yet leave their porch light on so other kids waste their time standing at their door for 10 minutes and no one answers??? They usually stay in the expensive car cuz they don't walk, block your driveway, and leave candy wrappers all over the street in front of your house, while they raid their kids candy as they run all over the neighborhood and then bitch because no one gave them any large candy bars?? You see them at the grocery store, using their EBT cards, wearing a fur coat, playing with their Ispyphone while their kid stands there in pajamas, bear feet and the sniffles???

Yeah that's not really us. The Jihadist Aetheist would like to think so but sorry to say, they are nothing but worthless douchebags.

Please don't categorize those morons with US real ones. Actually the real ones, you never hear from, only the unemployed lunatics.

If you have a belief and it gets you through your day, great just don't preach it, and don't push it on me that's all and , and I won't either. If we don't have commone ground to talk, respect and deal with each other as humans then what do we have??

yay!!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

The rule of law is still there right in front of you. It states if you murder, rape, defraud, steal, do property damage, commit treason, or injure living beings, you will go to prison. Or worse.

i don't care if you or anyone get hep C, aids, hiv, murdered from a drug deal gone wrong, od, drink themselves to death, suicide, murdered, bullied to death, chil;d predators, hunger, etc. i ain't pounding anything. ooooooooooo not like you are.

Given that, I have already stated, that anything that does not involve a consenting adult is morally and ethically wrong, this argument is completely irrelevant.

I am not the one trying to impose a narrow, archaic, irrational belief system into law and public practice. Science would be free to fix a few problems, at least, if outdated, irrational nonsense was not driving public policy (Stem cell research is one example) and being imposed upon us all.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

look at nigeria. sudan.

Islam is a violent religion, God fearing violent people
I could of course put up westboro Baptist church stuff, or the KKK (Religious organization) or the many other things hitting closer to home for you. Point is, People do crazy violent insane stuff in the name of deities.
Christianity has sort of in the west gotten out of the murder everyone who disagrees with you phase...but should we really be cheering people on simply for stopping slaughtering anyone who disagrees?

Congratulations on resisting the urge to stab anyone who thinks different...truly remarkable...but lets not pretend that the irrational religious urge to do just that isn't dang near instinctual.

ya, ok.

KKK? marginalized long ago. WBC? seriously?

God will judge us ALL!
i have no leg up over anyone.

your fate is between you and God. don't matter what anyone thinks in that matter.
i might not condone what you do or if you break secular law, you should pay the price.

islam sucks. lol!! well, just to be fair, they kill more of their own than others.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

""The wicked, godless Romans eventually could no longer stand against the word of God, and the Holy Gospel became a shining light amongst dark times. Soon, the truth of the Bible became undeniable, and millions realized that Jesus was truly the messiah, and the Holy Word of God crushed the immoral evil pagan idolaters within a few years."

That is exactly why they call me atheist. Too one sided and demoralizing.

The only people who think calling someone an atheist is in some way an insult or curse are religious believers.

What is funny, is that I have seen a lot more atheists practicing and promoting "Christian" values, such as charity, compassion, humility, gentleness, unconditional love, and non-judgmental attitudes than Christians.

They also tend to be intrinsically more moral. Why? If the only reason you "live the good life" and "shun sin" is because you fear the wrath of some bronze age tribal deity that will torment you forever for disobeying, or because some vague archaic collection of myths tells you not to do x or y,you are not moral. You are a tool.

A truly moral person does not need to be threatened into doing what is right, nor do they need some book or priest to dictate what is right and wrong. A moral person does what is right because, through experience and living, they develop empathy and altruism simply from exercising logic and higher reasoning.

oh, do tell!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Well this is a bizarre thread. Why should not believing in God mean that atheists believe in Satan? That negates the whole point behind religion, which is that it's a load of mumbo-jumbo and that the supernatural doesn't exist. I'm an atheist and I don't believe in God, Satan, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, Father Christmas or Glinda the good witch of wherever the hell she was from.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Um, no. It is much easier to turn the dial than it is to call your senator and rant and demand he ban whatever it was that offended you. Turning the dial takes so little effort.

I wasn't aware anyone was making you repaint your house simply because they tell you to mind your own business when they are trying to paint theirs. I assure you, I really do not care if you want to paint crosses and bible verses all over your own house. It's your property. Just don't go whining to city hall demanding they pass a law preventing me from decking my place out in pirate flags, and there will be no problem.

Who is expecting you to help? What part of live and let live do you not understand? No one wants your help to do anything. Quite the opposite. They want you to stop using your religious beliefs to legislate limits on what they can and can't do with their own bodies and lives.

no man is an island. then i watch you jump? fine. need a shove?

yeah and we want you to stop trying to take things away from us coz you don't like it.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao And what am I trying to take from you exactly?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

The rule of law is still there right in front of you. It states if you murder, rape, defraud, steal, do property damage, commit treason, or injure living beings, you will go to prison. Or worse.

Given that, I have already stated, that anything that does not involve a consenting adult is morally and ethically wrong, this argument is completely irrelevant.

I am not the one trying to impose a narrow, archaic, irrational belief system into law and public practice. Science would be free to fix a few problems, at least, if outdated, irrational nonsense was not driving public policy (Stem cell research is one example) and being imposed upon us all.

naw, that's not how it would play out in the real universe. anything goes does not cut it. would you just watch someone self-destruct and say, well, they are an adult? not my problem?

bonnie and clyde were consenting adults.

stem cells? thanks to certain powers, they are using other cells to make them.

no more chopping up babies.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

a reply to: tsingtao And what am I trying to take from you exactly?

gee, your kind want to take my freedom of expression and pursuit of happiness.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

naw, that's not how it would play out in the real universe. anything goes does not cut it. would you just watch someone self-destruct and say, well, they are an adult? not my problem?

No. But neither would I insist that it is somehow the government's right or responsibility interfere what they themselves have chosen.

So I am guessing you support the nanny state?

bonnie and clyde were consenting adults.

Yes they were. But your straw man doesn't work here, since they were robbing and killing people, which is a completely different argument all together.

stem cells? thanks to certain powers, they are using other cells to make them.

no more chopping up babies.

This statement further proves why religion should be kept out of politics. Illiteracy in science, and the overwhelming need to create policy based on this ignorance and emotional knee jerking, is an excellent example of why religion is a hindrance to and affront to knowledge and reason. Sigh.

Read.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

gee, your kind want to take my freedom of expression and pursuit of happiness.

???? Is anyone proposing any limitations on people worshipping? Anything at all? I thought that the USA wasn't supposed to have a link between church and state?
edit on 23-4-2014 by AngryCymraeg because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join