It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

Actually as an Atheist I still celebrate the holidays. It is the social norm to do so and great for the kids. it doesn't mean you have to believe in the Invisible Man.

And besides the Christian Holidays are not Christian. They are Pagan! And Halloween (All Hallows Eve) is Satanic.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dorrell

Actually as an Atheist I still celebrate the holidays. It is the social norm to do so and great for the kids. it doesn't mean you have to believe in the Invisible Man.

And besides the Christian Holidays are not Christian. They are Pagan! And Halloween (All Hallows Eve) is Satanic.

No, it's not. It's not Satanic in the least.

en.wikipedia.org...

link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

Except for this...I agree with you

"I don't believe in any of them, and as you have found out, legally country can't take sides, so it should remove all reference and mentioning of the god from public property, courthouses etc. or they should mention all gods, including flying spaghetti monster." This is YOUR opinion only.

I agree it has done more harm than good over the years, but our country was founded at a different time, not today.

The flying spaghetti monster was a smart-ass gag/protest/point-proving BS made up by "jihadist-aetheists" bent on stirring up crap.

My family is pretty religious, except for me and my brother, I guess we are aetheists too, but haven't been categorized like it sounds YOU choose to be. There is no reason, to down others beliefs or make fun of them especially as far as what some of the basis of our country put in place. Who cares if we say "one nation under god.."seriously? It's un-american otherwise. Don't you buy your kids christmas presents?? If you are Jihadist-aetheist, then you don't.

I am the same as you, but seriously what do you care if there are nativity scenes or christmas trees? It doesn't hurt me, and it certainly doesn't hurt you. We are all just trying to get through this thing we call life, and there are so many other important things for us as aetheists, christians, buddhists etc to focus on that are so much more important than just tearing people down because you are bored with your life. Get a hobby besides religious bashing.

The idea of freedom of religion, was so people wouldn't be persecuted anymore for their beliefs, and could freely worship a can of coke if they wanted. Hey if that makes them feel better, why should I/we care??? Is it hurting me? Is it hurting you? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Did someone try to beat you in to submission over religion and you have a bone to pick with christians? You really need to re-think your views not as an aetheist, but as a person, because you are using it as an excuse only to stir up crap and persecute others. It's gives the real aetheists a bad name.

edit on 23-4-2014 by Peekingsquatch because: Forgot something

link   

originally posted by: Meee32
If I had my way I wouldn't celebrate any of the above, you're right... I also do not celebrate ramadan (or however you spell it) are you still as shocked? Tell me, why would I celebrate religious holidays when I am not religious?

Speaking as a 40 year old kid...
Holidays (well, birthday celebrations aren't holidays..or perhaps the only one someone truly has, but anyhow..) are simply fun to participate in. I think we need more theme days
4th of july isn't a holiday (holy day), but same general concept..a theme, a family gathering, and something to break up the year...also with a theme feeling of sorts. Christmas is a pagan festival of..well, community really. Doctor Who gives good perspective on it.
In the middle of the winter, at the darkest and coldest part of the year, people look to one another, give a hug, and say well done...lets celebrate just to defy winter and pull together in celebration of love and life when nature is doing its best to turn you cold and kill you. I quite like that idea, also...cool music and pretty lights!.

Humans seem to have the innate desire to celebrate and come together...to deny this basic instinct is to deny your very animal tribal nature...who cares if the theme is of supernatural fat guys giving toys to good kids..its fun and a excuse to drink eggnog and sing carols with loved ones.
Learn to love life, even the weird stuff. Your not here for long, and if you deny yourself simple pleasures, regardless of how absurd the premise, then you only short change yourself.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Yes as I said, peer pressure, most do it because if they didn't they would be looked on as a weirdo! Lmao... I don't really care how I look, I know what is weird lol... I mean you don't celebrate ramadan right? Why not? There is no peer pressure for you to, in fact the opposite, imagine how crazy you would look celebrating ramadan if you are not muslim? Get my point? Lol...

It has always puzzled me...

1 year for a laugh we had xmas a week early... ho ho ho, peoples faces! You would think we had drowned the kids lmao...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: maxzen2004
I would like to ask you a question. If Satan is an almighty being, manifest in a holly book who speaks of him as the ultimate enemy. Then people quest to destroy said enemy, en mass. Are these people not on a sort of "crusade". Spreading the name Satan and awareness of the beast. Then wouldn't these people be becoming the messiah of there very own nemesis.

It would seem that Christian is a cover for Satan...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Yeah, that's incorrect about the Satan thing
Unless its one of those anything not specifically Christian is Satanic sort of thing, in which case...that's old recordings still influencing your thoughts on a subject.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Meee32
If I had my way I wouldn't celebrate any of the above, you're right... I also do not celebrate ramadan (or however you spell it) are you still as shocked? Tell me, why would I celebrate religious holidays when I am not religious?

Speaking as a 40 year old kid...
Holidays (well, birthday celebrations aren't holidays..or perhaps the only one someone truly has, but anyhow..) are simply fun to participate in. I think we need more theme days
4th of july isn't a holiday (holy day), but same general concept..a theme, a family gathering, and something to break up the year...also with a theme feeling of sorts. Christmas is a pagan festival of..well, community really. Doctor Who gives good perspective on it.
In the middle of the winter, at the darkest and coldest part of the year, people look to one another, give a hug, and say well done...lets celebrate just to defy winter and pull together in celebration of love and life when nature is doing its best to turn you cold and kill you. I quite like that idea, also...cool music and pretty lights!.

Humans seem to have the innate desire to celebrate and come together...to deny this basic instinct is to deny your very animal tribal nature...who cares if the theme is of supernatural fat guys giving toys to good kids..its fun and a excuse to drink eggnog and sing carols with loved ones.
Learn to love life, even the weird stuff. Your not here for long, and if you deny yourself simple pleasures, regardless of how absurd the premise, then you only short change yourself.

But wait... lol... If you knew me you would know I am the jester, I love fooling around and I love love love having fun... I don't like peer pressure nor uniformity, people can gather anytime. I also feel like most of it is false, they come together for 1 day in tbe year maybe 2 and then don't bother with each other the rest of the time lol...

It isn't my bag... I'm the sort of person to wake up and say "lets go on holiday, right now!" Lol...

I don't see why that is a problem?
edit on 23-4-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

EDIT: As an example my mrs barred me from going shopping the other day for dragging the kids through the store by my feet. XD I don't care what people think of me and will quite often burst into song in the middle of tbe street lmao... Much to the dismay of my partner...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Surely you have to be Christian, Jewish or Islamic to be Satanic...He only exists in the minds of people who follow the Abrahamic religions.

If you aren't part of that belief structure then you have no business believing in Satan.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Peekingsquatch

Freedom of religion gives you or anyone the right to worship without fear of persecution, and sadly thanks to freedom of speech we have these fundamentalists nutjobs slandering everyone else because we are all subhuman sinners
what a wonderful world we live in.

My own personal view had we not had some really crazy religious views on earth then i'd likely be having this conversation with you via quantum entanglement on kepler 186-f right now

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Well that is a surprise as I've never heard of it lol...

Yeah, there are many including skepticon, atheist alliance international as the better known few.

Never had one knock my door either, funny I have had various religions do this.

Personal experience. I've only ever had Jehovah's witness do that. And that's only one religion.

I've also never seen an atheist church, do those exist too?

Church is Christian place of worship. Other religions don't have 'churches'. But understand what you mean. Of course atheists have places to gather and exchange their ideas. Hence the conventions. don't see your point to this though.

And now you imply that atheists have an "agenda" lol... The thing is atheists didn't pose the suggestion that god exists, did they? They simply don't believe the story... So how could they possibly have an agenda for anything?

Of course Atheists have an agenda. They deny the existence of a higher being because they don't believe in one. Again- look at Richard Dawkings- poster boy for Atheism. He spends his time running around telling people that they are wrong, writing books and making videos about how Atheism is superior.

Do religions have an agenda? In fact aren't they more likely to have one seeing as they started the whole debate?

Yes. How is that even relevant? Of course religions have an agenda.

There is absolutely no reason to believe in god... I mean could he exist?

You are correct. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe in god. Atheism isn't the lack of belief. It is the denial. Agnosticism makes the point that although there is no reason to- there is no evidence to the contrary. Time and time again I see Atheists and religious groups arguing. Never do I see agnostics arguing. Why? Because they are truly indifferent. They do not have an agenda. An atheist's Absolute denial of a higher being is unscientific.

Sure, so could fairies and eleves and dragons and anything else your mind can conjure, doesn't mean I believe they do though, in fact I don't think they do... are you "agnostic" about these too? Or are you sure dragons and such are fairytales?

Again that would be indifferent. If someone was to believe in it- that's fine they can do that. It's not their place to try to convince you, as it's not your place to try to convince them. Also, I'm not agnostic nor did I claim to be.
You really should check your definitions though.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

originally posted by: Dianec
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Not teaching kids about religion in school is not teaching atheism. It's simply not teaching them religion. It is teaching them subject matter that is objective and universally important. Religion is not objective, nor is it important in terms of general knowledge. If you want your kids taught religion, that's what your church, synagogue, mosque, or temple is for. School is to teach your kids how to function in the world.

Do you not think learning about the different religions is important? Are they not an integral part of history and social studies? I believe they should be taught in a generalized and objective manner in order to help build a well rounded knowledge about cultures around the world and major movements. To leave that out is taking an extremist approach and actually serves to not ready our children for the world.

None of that says to teach about religion from a value standpoint - rather a historical and sociocultural standpoint - which in fact provides a more well rounded education.

a 3 letter word. lol!! oh noes!!!

it seems to be ok in college but not sooner, to teach kids. don't these people want acceptance? tolerance? understanding?between people? sounds like they are trying to retard all that rather than promote it.

but then it's ok to teach that at home and the kids not mention (censored) it in school.
i can see that path going real well.
don't mention your dad beats you either.

shall we all eat mac & cheese and spam sandwiches on white bread? crust or no crust?
don't do or think different in school. get in line.

Well put - we are not all the same so we need to teach about and honor our diversities. Those kids in the Middle East, who thought all Americans were evil, beleived American's thought of themselves as gods. To beleive this about another culture can only create hate since religions in general don't want to see man putting themsleves as equal to or above God. We truly do not need to disconnect further by rejecting a public display of God to some extent. It is so minimal it blows me away it is still too much for some.

With regard to teaching, I would prefer a society that understood the facts about world religions to those who learn it through chance. It is certain schools have taught about Muslims to some extent when speaking about 9/11. Even if to set in place an association. It is a part of the human race and it's irresponsible to be so anal about its mention in schools.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Your post should begin with...my interpretation of the bible... This is how courtesy, rather than forced opinion begins.

The bible is not the supreme law, neither did the founders believe that, if they were to have order in a new society. That is why seperation of church and state began, but still gave forth to freedom of religion.

That is why they are arguing.

If we all take a moment and see how we pursue things to speak about, a lot of this will clear up.

I have no issue with you or that you enjoy your religion. It probably helps you through your day and that's fine with me. I was just trying to explain something to someone (probably a christian) that seemed to have a level head in all this, as the arguing only gets worse on this thread.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

Oh and you really think the religious leaders are not in the illuminati also? They are the guys who started it all off.
They used a book to determine morals on us and some of those supposed Holy words are just barbaric and put shackles on the human spirit.
Morals are already in us no religion can claim that they made them.

Just to add this is the stupidest title to a thread I have seen as many have said you gotta believe in the Abrahamic Gods to believe in Satan, Atheists do not believe in God so how can they be Satanists?

Just DUUUUUUUURRRRRR..
edit on 23-4-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

October 31 - Samhain
Also known as Halloween, or All Hallows Eve as designated by the Catholic Church. This date is the Illuminati's highest day of human sacrifice

Halloween has been changed over the past 30 years in two important ways. First, children have been encouraged to participate by donning such inoffensive costumes as Barbie, Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman. Secondly, adult costuming and parties have reached a tremendous apex and has become a most macabre day of celebration.

Historically, Halloween is the deadliest holiday ever celebrated in human history. This Satanic night is dedicated to the Celtic Lord of the Dead, also symbolized by the Horned-god and the Stag-god. The Druids celebrated Samhain as a 3-day fire festival, building huge bonfires, thought to ward off demons that roamed around; additionally, the fires provided the means by which the required human sacrifice would be presented to the sun god. In enormous wicker baskets, the priests caged both human and animal sacrifices, which they then lowered into the flames.

The priests would carefully watch the manner in which the victim died in order to predict whether the future held good or evil.

That's the info I got on Halloween. A Pagan / Satanic Ritual day!

Occult Holidays and Sabbats

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

"According to the Bible, and this may have already been posted,

Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist--denying the Father and the Son."

That is your opinion based on what YOU have read. Not what others like you have read.

Please make sure to keep that distinguished next time, because you do not speak for everyone.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

Nobody said I cared to have freedom FROM religion. You misinterpret my position.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gear

Well that is a surprise as I've never heard of it lol...

Yeah, there are many including skepticon, atheist alliance international as the better known few.

Well, never the less this still doesn't make atheism a religion if some atheists decide to gather, does it? Girl guides gather too but they aren't a religion...

Never had one knock my door either, funny I have had various religions do this.

Personal experience. I've only ever had Jehovah's witness do that. And that's only one religion.

I've had all sorts at the door, not only jehovahs witnesses ro it... But yes of course it is my personal experience... and?

I've also never seen an atheist church, do those exist too?

Church is Christian place of worship. Other religions don't have 'churches'. But understand what you mean. Of course atheists have places to gather and exchange their ideas. Hence the conventions. don't see your point to this though.

I'm well aware that othet religions call their place of worship something else... But I just don't much care, sorry about that... The point is atheism is not a religion, the lack of belief in something can't be...

And now you imply that atheists have an "agenda" lol... The thing is atheists didn't pose the suggestion that god exists, did they? They simply don't believe the story... So how could they possibly have an agenda for anything?

Of course Atheists have an agenda. They deny the existence of a higher being because they don't believe in one. Again- look at Richard Dawkings- poster boy for Atheism. He spends his time running around telling people that they are wrong, writing books and making videos about how Atheism is superior.

No, this is not an AGENDA... If someone tells you something and it seems like bs to you, that does not mean you have an agenda... That is ridiculous... What does it matter if someone is running round telling the truth? What is the problem with that? Lol...

Do religions have an agenda? In fact aren't they more likely to have one seeing as they started the whole debate?

Yes. How is that even relevant? Of course religions have an agenda.

Good glad you admit this atleast, but now you play on it lol... You know you meant agenda in a negative light... And I dunno you brought up agendas so you tell me??? Lmao

There is absolutely no reason to believe in god... I mean could he exist?

You are correct. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe in god. Atheism isn't the lack of belief. It is the denial. Agnosticism makes the point that although there is no reason to- there is no evidence to the contrary. Time and time again I see Atheists and religious groups arguing. Never do I see agnostics arguing. Why? Because they are truly indifferent. They do not have an agenda. An atheist's Absolute denial of a higher being is unscientific.

Why do they deny? Because they do not believe! Lmao... I am here "arguing" (but really discussing) because a suggestion has been posed that I am a satantist and I decided to have some fun with that... Why did you? Another falacy you have is requiring atheists to provide proof of a negative, which is of course impossible!!! And the burden of proof does not lay with us... Now does it?

Sure, so could fairies and eleves and dragons and anything else your mind can conjure, doesn't mean I believe they do though, in fact I don't think they do... are you "agnostic" about these too? Or are you sure dragons and such are fairytales?

Again that would be indifferent. If someone was to believe in it- that's fine they can do that. It's not their place to try to convince you, as it's not your place to try to convince them. Also, I'm not agnostic nor did I claim to be.
You really should check your definitions though.

I'm not convincing anyone of anything though so your point fails hard... I am asked if maybe I am a satanist, I'm here laughing at this ridiculous premise... I'm saying believe what you like but you have no place in schools nor politics... How is this trying to convince someone to stop their religion and be atheist? Check yourself maybe?

Sorry about the way I replied but on my phone...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I like to call both sides when they are so extreme, "jihadist-whatever" it gets them riled up, but sometimes makes them stop and think about their actions, at least for one brief moment. People can be respectful, and believe in whatever they want. I don't expect someone to think the same way as I do, or we would have a 24 hour X-Files channel. I think the respect between all views have perverted the laws and seperations to fit their agendas. Why can't we just all get along....? Life is hard enough.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

a reply to: SaturnFX

October 31 - Samhain
Also known as Halloween, or All Hallows Eve as designated by the Catholic Church. This date is the Illuminati's highest day of human sacrifice

Halloween has been changed over the past 30 years in two important ways. First, children have been encouraged to participate by donning such inoffensive costumes as Barbie, Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman. Secondly, adult costuming and parties have reached a tremendous apex and has become a most macabre day of celebration.

Historically, Halloween is the deadliest holiday ever celebrated in human history. This Satanic night is dedicated to the Celtic Lord of the Dead, also symbolized by the Horned-god and the Stag-god. The Druids celebrated Samhain as a 3-day fire festival, building huge bonfires, thought to ward off demons that roamed around; additionally, the fires provided the means by which the required human sacrifice would be presented to the sun god. In enormous wicker baskets, the priests caged both human and animal sacrifices, which they then lowered into the flames.

The priests would carefully watch the manner in which the victim died in order to predict whether the future held good or evil.

That's the info I got on Halloween. A Pagan / Satanic Ritual day!

Occult Holidays and Sabbats

it appears that website operates on the assumption that all pagans are inherently Satanists. Anything that questions or rejects the authority of the church is Satanic, etc ad infinitum. Classic ignorance.
edit on 23-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join