It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: maxzen2004
Atheists are legally removing god from our schools, public displays and courthouse buildings. Supposely they don't believe in higher being yet they seemed threatened by the word God. Atheist must believe in something, money, power, food? I would say love but that might be related to God, might be confusing just like the word God. This country was founded with God, it's all over our country's most important documents. Why is this minority trying to take away what made this, the greatest country? How many children with Atheist parents find faith in God? Is it terrible to have the word God in a powerful speech in the morning to remind everyone we live in a great and free country?
originally posted by: maxzen2004
I love to go to baseball, hockey or football games and be humbled by our red, white and blue as everyone repeats under God.
Atheist continue to push that they believe in nothing but are fighting to remove God from our schools, buildings and children.
That is why I believe Atheist are actually Satanists, for a group who have no beliefs they are spending big money to remove God.
God is Satans greatest enemy as the Atheists.
The U.S. will always be under God, it's just American!
Anything else is just communism.
I served in the military and I would die for my country and its founding fathers beliefs.
originally posted by: oneupShadow
The ultimate religious argument ending question is as follows: If God is the supreme being, the creator, and all powerful, why would he allow someone like Satan to exist?
The religious debate is just a waste of time. Be a good human being, don't force your opinions on other people, and enjoy the short time you have on this planet, whether or not you believe you are going somewhere else or not.
I used to think that Atheists are just indifferent towards a God, just science-minded folk who simply don't believe but demand facts and rational thinking. I greatly respected and admired that.
Today I see that its more than that. Its a whole political and societal agenda, driven by great rage and hatred. It has become something spooky.
Something that reflects kindly on the atheist "movement" is labeled "correct" and something that reflects unkindly on it is labeled "wrong"?
1. “If I could conceive that the general government might ever be so administered as to render the liberty of conscience insecure, I beg you will be persuaded, that no one would be more zealous than myself to establish effectual barriers against the horrors of spiritual tyranny, and every species of religious persecution.” ~Founding Father George Washington, letter to the United Baptist Chamber of Virginia, May 1789
5. “The Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion.” ~1797 Treaty of Tripoli signed by Founding Father John Adams
8. “I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit the free exercise thereof, thus building a wall of separation between church and state.” ~Founding Father Thomas Jefferson, letter to the Baptists of Danbury, Connecticut, 1802
10. “Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, then that of blindfolded fear.” ~Founding Father Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 10, 1787
15. “The civil government functions with complete success by the total separation of the Church from the State.” ~Founding Father James Madison, 1819, Writings, 8:432, quoted from Gene Garman, “Essays In Addition to America’s Real Religion”
26. “I never liked the Hierarchy of the Church — an equality in the teacher of Religion, and a dependence on the people, are republican sentiments — but if the Clergy combine, they will have their influence on Government” ~Founding Father Rufus King, Rufus King: American Federalist, pp. 56-57
28. “No religious doctrine shall be established by law.” ~Founding Father Elbridge Gerry, Annals of Congress 1:729-731
32. “God has appointed two kinds of government in the world, which are distinct in their nature, and ought never to be confounded together; one of which is called civil, the other ecclesiastical government.” ~Founding Father Isaac Backus, An Appeal to the Public for Religious Liberty, 1773
33. “Congress has no power to make any religious establishments.” ~Founding Father Roger Sherman, Congress, August 19, 1789
35. “The legislature of the United States shall pass no law on the subject of religion.” ~Founding Father Charles Pinckney, Constitutional Convention, 1787
originally posted by: Shminkee Pinkee
Or it could simply be that more and more people are choosing not to believe because they've developed an opinion from thinking critically about the subject and coming to the conclusion that there is no God. I know this is a conspiracy site, but not everything has to be a conspiracy, Church numbers are falling because more and more people don't, believe, that doesn't make them all atheists, though, some may be agnostic, indifferent, some may believe in God but detest religion as it is a human construct, created to enslave.
a reply to: Jesuslives4u
originally posted by: Antigod
Boy, the OP is just about all you'd expect of a double digit fairy worshipper.
NO, we don't believe in Satan. We just get vastly irritated when people like you insist we bend our knee to your made up deity; it violates our liberty.
FYI, atheists are less likely to commit crimes, get divorced, be okay with torture and a whole load of other nasties.
Atheist doctors also donate more charity work than religious ones in America.
Atheists are legally removing god from our schools, public displays and courthouse buildings.
Supposely they don't believe in higher being yet they seemed threatened by the word God.
Atheist must believe in something, money, power, food?
I would say love but that might be related to God, might be confusing just like the word God.
This country was founded with God, it's all over our country's most important documents.
Why is this minority trying to take away what made this, the greatest country? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...
originally posted by: mattsawaufo
Atheists don't want religion forced on them.
originally posted by: Meee32
So wait... if someone doesn't believe in the "god" fairytale what makes you think they believe in the "satan" fairytale thats used in the "god" fairytale to scare the children into being "good"? Lol... Atheists are just people that grew up and stopped believing in fairytales altogether...
Now with that in mind, what do you think their opinion will be of teaching fairytales in the schools as though it were real? Imagine if we decided to teach children that dragons and eleves are real and they created us and we need to "pray" to them... lol Yeah atheists aren't going to be diggin that... Same goes for politics... Fairytales have no place anywhere baring a small childs bedtime, even then I question the value in telling "fairytales/lies" to children.
Edit: Maybe the real conspiracy is fairytales... Maybe they are there to make people open to believing any old non-sense even well into adulthood... Pretty easy to manipulate people that will believe anything!