It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: maxzen2004
Atheists are legally removing god from our schools, public displays and courthouse buildings. Supposely they don't believe in higher being yet they seemed threatened by the word God. Atheist must believe in something, money, power, food? I would say love but that might be related to God, might be confusing just like the word God. This country was founded with God, it's all over our country's most important documents. Why is this minority trying to take away what made this, the greatest country? How many children with Atheist parents find faith in God? Is it terrible to have the word God in a powerful speech in the morning to remind everyone we live in a great and free country?

You are not just confused by why atheist question use of word 'god' in public displays or courthouse buildings (iirc it was actually 10 commandments that was in question) but also you are mixing your love for 'father figure up in the sky' with my love for all earth beings, no matter what part of earth they are from... If you read your book closely and try to understand, you will find that your god is everything except love for humans.

originally posted by: maxzen2004
I love to go to baseball, hockey or football games and be humbled by our red, white and blue as everyone repeats under God.

Atheist continue to push that they believe in nothing but are fighting to remove God from our schools, buildings and children.

That is why I believe Atheist are actually Satanists, for a group who have no beliefs they are spending big money to remove God.

God is Satans greatest enemy as the Atheists.

The U.S. will always be under God, it's just American!

Anything else is just communism.

I served in the military and I would die for my country and its founding fathers beliefs.

Amen

Firstly, no one is removing god, as it is impossible to remove something that does not exist. The same goes for Satan, it is just your vivid imagination mixed with stories about Greek god Hades, god of underworld. I don't believe in any of them, and as you have found out, legally country can't take sides, so it should remove all reference and mentioning of the god from public property, courthouses etc. or they should mention all gods, including flying spaghetti monster.

I just wonder, would you protest if one of courts in USA decide to place Allah in one of public buildings. What if arab population makes them majority in USA?! Would you object or you would support such a change?

And just to answer one of your question, it is rarely that someone who had parents atheist (like myself) to change into religion, because we learn to question everything from very young age. On the other hand, current church crisis is that a lot of young kids, whose parents are religious are learning to question why would they follow book that teaches intolerance, abuse and murders... Go figure...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: oneupShadow
The ultimate religious argument ending question is as follows: If God is the supreme being, the creator, and all powerful, why would he allow someone like Satan to exist?

The religious debate is just a waste of time. Be a good human being, don't force your opinions on other people, and enjoy the short time you have on this planet, whether or not you believe you are going somewhere else or not.

Hello,

Why does God allow you to exist? Answer this and I will answer your questions.

But the governments can force their opinions on you? Is that acceptable to you? Where is your free will on this issue? This planet is heading for world wide destruction....not the first time and both you and I will sit and watch as it happens because it can not be stopped ......in the meantime lets argue about God and Satan so to keep us distracted from the real problems.

It is easy to control people.....start dividing them up ....... what better way then with beliefs.........religion. Bring division into their lives, teach one another to hate those who disagree.

You work hard every day and then you give your government 30% to 50% of your earned income to them? YOU not them pay your rent, utilities and food, not them. So what do you get from your government after you give them half your pay? (Lets not forget state and local taxes).

Evil is deeply embedded within all governments and evil controls these governments for a purpose. Only a few men but they control all of our lives.

Like my father told me, "Governments treat people like mushrooms; keep them in the dark and feed them manure and they will grow into what you want."

Look for God and you will find him. Look for Satan and you will find him......hiding behind man.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I used to think that Atheists are just indifferent towards a God, just science-minded folk who simply don't believe but demand facts and rational thinking. I greatly respected and admired that.

that's where you are correct

Today I see that its more than that. Its a whole political and societal agenda, driven by great rage and hatred. It has become something spooky.

that's where i believe you are wrong, though i can only speak for myself of course.
edit on 23-4-2014 by Shminkee Pinkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The real question should be:

Is catolicism just a cover for stupid?
Think about that for a minute...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Shminkee Pinkee

Something that reflects kindly on the atheist "movement" is labeled "correct" and something that reflects unkindly on it is labeled "wrong"?

I see.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Lol where do you see this? Can you please point out some examples? All I see is common sense and rational thinking. We say go ahead and believe whatever you like! We'll die for your right to do that! You have your churches, you have you TV shows and conventions. What place do you have in schools and politics?

What is wrong with that? Why do you feel the need to impose your beliefs in these arenas? They have nothing to do with religion at all...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Something that reflects kindly on the atheist "movement" is labeled "correct" and something that reflects unkindly on it is labeled "wrong"?

Not necessarily, you were the one casting aspersions and making assumptions, I simply gave you my opinion on the matter hence the phrase 'I can only speak for myself'

a reply to: Skyfloating

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: maxzen2004

we already have churches, mosques, synagogues, chapels and cathedrals, religious summer camps where people can learn about any religion they choose these are the primary sources of religious education so no they don't need to learn it in school it can be taught by the religion they worship.

Even at that It should only be taught as a subject in schools so people have a basic understanding and respect for religion not to be forced on children, if you want your child to be brought up religiously educated then put them in a religious school

If my kid wants to learn about creationism they can read the bible simple only takes a few days
if my kid wants to learn about the scientific understanding of how our universe was created will only take them their entire academic career to learn it and better yet understand it as its far more complex than "god did it" or what is contained in one book.

Furthermore how can you remove god if he is everywhere ?
nice try but as a tax payer I'm not paying my kid to be taught the earth was created in 6000 years when
we can see starlight which takes longer than 6000 years to reach earth.

Also I don't have a kid but If I did I wouldn't force religion onto them i'd let them choose themselves

edit on 23-4-2014 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
If we choose to believe or not, it's a choice for the individual, like everything else in life.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I'm not quite sure where fundamental religious folk come up with these things.

What surpasses that confusion even more is when this topic is all done and burnt out, most of the people who responded to this in agreement with the OP will still hold this position; despite the massive amount of responses by atheists themselves stating that not only do they not "believe in Satan", but that the notion that they do doesn't make any sense with what an Atheist - by definition - is.

As stated many times before, an Atheist is completely devoid of any belief that pertains to a higher being that would be defined as a god.

Theist = Belief in a god
Atheist = No belief in god

Sexuality = an organism that has a sexuality
Asexuality = an organism that has no sexuality

From an language perspective alone, the concept is quite simplistic.

I too am an Atheist, I believe in no gods. Nor do I believe in any religious-based mythical beings. This includes Satan.

I'm also not American, but even I know that the majority of the founding fathers were not only very against religion in general, but some even have called out against Christianity specifically.

1. “If I could conceive that the general government might ever be so administered as to render the liberty of conscience insecure, I beg you will be persuaded, that no one would be more zealous than myself to establish effectual barriers against the horrors of spiritual tyranny, and every species of religious persecution.” ~Founding Father George Washington, letter to the United Baptist Chamber of Virginia, May 1789

5. “The Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion.” ~1797 Treaty of Tripoli signed by Founding Father John Adams

8. “I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit the free exercise thereof, thus building a wall of separation between church and state.” ~Founding Father Thomas Jefferson, letter to the Baptists of Danbury, Connecticut, 1802

10. “Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, then that of blindfolded fear.” ~Founding Father Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 10, 1787

15. “The civil government functions with complete success by the total separation of the Church from the State.” ~Founding Father James Madison, 1819, Writings, 8:432, quoted from Gene Garman, “Essays In Addition to America’s Real Religion”

26. “I never liked the Hierarchy of the Church — an equality in the teacher of Religion, and a dependence on the people, are republican sentiments — but if the Clergy combine, they will have their influence on Government” ~Founding Father Rufus King, Rufus King: American Federalist, pp. 56-57

28. “No religious doctrine shall be established by law.” ~Founding Father Elbridge Gerry, Annals of Congress 1:729-731

32. “God has appointed two kinds of government in the world, which are distinct in their nature, and ought never to be confounded together; one of which is called civil, the other ecclesiastical government.” ~Founding Father Isaac Backus, An Appeal to the Public for Religious Liberty, 1773

33. “Congress has no power to make any religious establishments.” ~Founding Father Roger Sherman, Congress, August 19, 1789

35. “The legislature of the United States shall pass no law on the subject of religion.” ~Founding Father Charles Pinckney, Constitutional Convention, 1787

www.addictinginfo.org...

Please, feel free to explain, as I have no idea where you are getting the statement that America was founded on Christianity.

These are direct quotes from your Founding Fathers themselves, and there are many more that confirm these beliefs. It is absolutely definitive that America was in fact not founded on Christianity, or any other religion.

So anything that portrays God and Government together is technically completely against the founding father's beliefs, and the constitution itself. "In god we trust" on money would be an example. "God" in the national anthem may also be considered unconstitutional.

This isn't opinion, its absolute fact. And if you are able to for some reason dismiss this reality, then I question your ability to function in society at all when you can so easily alter what you see and hear all around you when the facts are so obvious.

It blows my mind how so many simple concepts can so easily be, not only misinterpreted, but completed rejected and a continued hold for the exact opposite belief, despite an unimaginably clear reality.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shminkee Pinkee
Or it could simply be that more and more people are choosing not to believe because they've developed an opinion from thinking critically about the subject and coming to the conclusion that there is no God. I know this is a conspiracy site, but not everything has to be a conspiracy, Church numbers are falling because more and more people don't, believe, that doesn't make them all atheists, though, some may be agnostic, indifferent, some may believe in God but detest religion as it is a human construct, created to enslave.
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

Hello,

I understand your thought process but when has man ......."when doing critical thinking" ever been wrong? One day scientists tell us, "Don't do this because it is dangerous, six months later scientists change their minds and say it is healthy to do this." This is almost an everyday occurance.

You are 100% correct, people are running out of the churches like they are on fire. Clearly the blame is on that SINGLE church and possibly the pastor, preacher or Catholic father and rightly so. I don't think we should judge a religion based upon church attendance or how many people have walked away from attending church.

BUT I can also show you many churches that are full....sometimes standing room only! People needing to recharge their spirit. Christians who need to be with other Christians with the same mind set needing comfort, support and/or advice.

I am a Christian who does not attend church that often but it has not made my faith weaker. There are many Christian teachers out there teaching lies and living a life that is not Christian. The churches are full of them. Then there are those "loud mouths" who look for attention ...... just like all the other religions, screaming and judging one another. Next thing you know we have a religious war! BUT who started the war? The ENTIRE religion, with its churches and followers or was it a few people who started the war? So.......you are told to go to war, what happens to you when you reject the command and refuse to fight the war? Death or prison. Meanwhile these religious wars which were started from a few sick individuals and now people have blamed the entire religion and not those individuals who were responsible.

So if we use those same guidelines ...... that all wars were religious wars and religion is to blame then I can use the same guidelines about families. So if your mother was a thief than you whole family are thieves. Your father was a drunk so the whole family are drunks and lushes. Maybe your aunt was a prostitute so now the whole family is nothing but a family of whores? Again basing this on the same guidelines we use when judging religions as a whole.
edit on 23-4-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
If one doesn't believe in a God, then one is even less likely to believe in a horned devil. So I cannot see your perspective in the idea that someone who doesn't believe in God, still believes/thinks that there is a devil - surely you can't have one without the other?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I think that it is unwise to generalise in the manner that you have done. There may be atheists who have a darker, and insidious driving force behind their militancy, and it may be that they are the ones who are calling for all the changes in society with which you find fault.

However, I happen to have many friends who are atheist and, as well as being just wonderful people, with stout hearts, and kindly in their manner, have little to zero interest in whether or not the rest of the nation choose to operate a Christian calendar, or have bank holidays on feast days.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

One of the problems with organized religion is people. Every single person has a distinct personal view on the subject. In christianity, this is why you have so many different divisions of protestant belief. Even in church pews you have people that aren't exactly inline 100% with the churches teachings but it may be close enough for them to stay.

There are no "one size fits all" aspects of belief in Abrahamic religions especially. It is interesting in itself why this is and I believe that religion is like a buffet table. You take what you want out of it and leave the rest alone.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antigod
Boy, the OP is just about all you'd expect of a double digit fairy worshipper.

NO, we don't believe in Satan. We just get vastly irritated when people like you insist we bend our knee to your made up deity; it violates our liberty.

FYI, atheists are less likely to commit crimes, get divorced, be okay with torture and a whole load of other nasties.
Atheist doctors also donate more charity work than religious ones in America.

prove it.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Atheists are legally removing god from our schools, public displays and courthouse buildings.

According to the Constitution, the establishment of a state religion is forbidden, so there should have been no such religious content in the first place.

Supposely they don't believe in higher being yet they seemed threatened by the word God.

No-one but the superstitious are threatened by words.

Atheist must believe in something, money, power, food?

Try reason or compassion.

I would say love but that might be related to God, might be confusing just like the word God.

Not confusing, simply subject to conflicting definitions.

This country was founded with God, it's all over our country's most important documents.

Please indicate where the Constitution makes any mention of God.

Why is this minority trying to take away what made this, the greatest country? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Democratic representative government, properly regulated free markets, secular education and vast natural resources made this country great. Religious fundamentalists are trying to deprive it of all of these things.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: mattsawaufo
Atheists don't want religion forced on them.

lol!! wuss! can't take a little God? ya love satan tho, right?

who cares! you people give yourselves too much importance in this life.

you are as much of nothing as believers.

we all just want a nice life. with no idiots telling us what or what not to believe, including our parents. right?

screw everyone.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I haven't read every post but I do hope that someone has pointed out the irony of the OPs question?
Satan/The Devil are theistic concoctions and therefore an A-theist - the clue is in the name - would not believe in either God or Satan.
It's not even just not believing because there is, in evidence terms, no likelyhood or evidence that there is a God/devil so it doesn't even enter the mind of an atheist I would imagine.

The op is so ignorant and uninformed and wrong on so many levels, that I'm not sure why it was posted?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
You don't even know what you believe in. I bet you couldn't even give me 300 words to describe what heaven is like. You can't give a description of the nature and image of god or satan. I'm sure you can throw abstract words like good and evil, but that doesn't describe anything. a reply to: tsingtao

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meee32
So wait... if someone doesn't believe in the "god" fairytale what makes you think they believe in the "satan" fairytale thats used in the "god" fairytale to scare the children into being "good"? Lol... Atheists are just people that grew up and stopped believing in fairytales altogether...

Now with that in mind, what do you think their opinion will be of teaching fairytales in the schools as though it were real? Imagine if we decided to teach children that dragons and eleves are real and they created us and we need to "pray" to them... lol Yeah atheists aren't going to be diggin that... Same goes for politics... Fairytales have no place anywhere baring a small childs bedtime, even then I question the value in telling "fairytales/lies" to children.

Edit: Maybe the real conspiracy is fairytales... Maybe they are there to make people open to believing any old non-sense even well into adulthood... Pretty easy to manipulate people that will believe anything!

are you done? how far away are you from childhood?

did you just find out about the tooth fairy? ever read the grims bros?

don't have kids dude.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join