It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Means War: US To Target Putin's Personal $40 Billion Stash

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

While the White House has continually threatened further sanctions against Russia for non-de-escalation (even as it un-de-escalates itself), the specifics of the additional sanctions have been sparse. German CEO warnings over blowback from economic sanctions... the "nonsense" of replacing Russian gas with US gas... the Russian warnings of "interdependence" and "boomerangs"... all reduce the West's arsenal of financial sanctions. But, as The Times of London reports, perhaps the US has found a crucial pain point for Putin - a sanctions regime that would target Putin's personal wealth, which includes a reported $40 billion stashed in Swiss bank accounts.

This Means War: US To Target Putin's Personal $40 Billion Stash

If there's one thing that would drive this situation with Russia to the brink, it's messing with Putin's personal wealth. It seems that the US/NATO are hell bent in causing Putin to misstep and spark something that nobody wants to see except those who profit from war and are drunk with power.

www.zerohedge.com...Perhaps it is worth remembering Putin's response from last week's Q&A...

Putin was asked why the US can do whatever it wants and no one punishes them, while attempts are being made to punish Russia.

“The US is certainly one of the world’s leaders. At some point it seemed that it was the only leader and a uni-polar system was in place. Today it appears that is not the case. Everything in the world is interdependent and once you try to punish someone, in the end you will cut off your nose to spite your face,” he said.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Sabre rattling and nothing more.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: freakjive

well they might be taking a Malsian Airways 777,,,and it might disappear??
maybe???

April 18, 2014
White House Daily Briefing

Ambassador Susan Rice and Deputy National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes discussed President Obama’s upcoming trip to Asia during the daily White House briefing. His stops would include Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, and the Philippines. They also responded to questions from reporters, including on the Russian intervention in Ukraine. Then Jay Carney answered questions on a variety of topics

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Really he has 40 billion in personal wealth I really question that .

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Sure why not, Lets just kick off WW3 already.

Economies in ruin.

No end in sight.

About time for a good ole real war again.

Lets just hope it won't go Nuclear, I mean, didn't we get enough of the cold War, all that foreplay, no holocaust or nuclear winter.

Guess TPTB felt cheated...

Christ whats wrong with the world.

I'm Mr Meeseeks.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: freedomSlave

I thought the same thing. From a wiki (take from it what you will):

Unconfirmed claims by some Russian opposition politicians and journalists allege that Putin secretly possesses a large fortune (as much as $70 billion[322]) via successive ownership of stakes in a number of Russian companies.[323][324] Nina L. Khrushcheva of the The New School estimates his net worth to be between $40–70 billion.

Putin's Wealth

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

One more interesting piece on his wealth.

(Reuters) - The most startling part of Washington's sanctions on Russian businessmen loyal to President Vladimir Putin may be a single sentence that contains an explosive allegation: that Putin himself profits from the world's No. 4 oil trading company, Gunvor.

What does U.S. know about Putin's oil wealth?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: freakjive

I thought the same thing. From a wiki (take from it what you will):

Unconfirmed claims by some Russian opposition politicians and journalists allege that Putin secretly possesses a large fortune (as much as $70 billion[322]) via successive ownership of stakes in a number of Russian companies.[323][324] Nina L. Khrushcheva of the The New School estimates his net worth to be between $40–70 billion.

Putin's Wealth

Why am I not surprised, that just like in America, being a secret police corrupt Stooge pays handsomely...

I am sure him and George Bush SR, would have plenty in common.

All politicians are POS, Never trust those that seek power, they are never worthy of it.

I'm Mr Meeseeks.
edit on 20-4-2014 by mrmeeseeks because: Look at me.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
And people wonder why there is so many people wanting to break away from the world banks. On a whim, some country can freeze your money.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
And people wonder why there is so many people wanting to break away from the world banks. On a whim, some country can freeze your money.

Which begs the question, Whose really motivating all this.

The politicians, or the money men...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
No it doesn't mean war, and always remember to consider the source when quoting sensationalist headlines.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I don't think Putin will start anything let alone WWIII over having his dodgy fortune freezed

This will raise all sorts of questions within Russia, he will deny everything to safe face

www.thebureauinvestigates.com...
From 11 million to 70 billion in just over a decade...

edit on 20-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

and how many Board Corporation,,would he sit on if he worked for Wall Street?

right.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Every great empire eventually bites off more than it can chew....British Empire, Roman etc etc

This is Americas path to downfall!!!

It has always come down to Great Leaders, even today!!

Obama and Putin

Both Hold degrees in Law!!

Obama - Possible Homosexual, Cocaine loving, constitution burning non strategist!!
Putin - Former KGB, Former Director of FSB, Master of Combat Sambo and Russian Judo Master full ON strategist!!

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

and how many Board Corporation,,would he sit on if he worked for Wall Street?

right.

Quite a few

Second line

edit on 20-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mrmeeseeks

originally posted by: TKDRL

Which begs the question, Whose really motivating all this.

The politicians, or the money men...

Across the entire western world...

Both

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Well, isn't this just the pillar of brilliance. Let's see about a thumbnail of history here.

The French get stomped at Dien Bien Phu, so we rush in a few years later to confirm it happened. Yup.. Sure enough, it took 10 years, but we confirmed it happened.

The Russians get stomped in Afghanistan (with no small assist from us) and again, a number of years later, we rush in, as if to confirm it really happened. Goodness.. Yup.. We're on the tail end of that result now, but I think Confirmed is a safe conclusion to call now.

What's next...as we gaze around... Ahh yes... Napoleon and Hitler BOTH got stomped in Russia. That's too much to pass up as unconfirmed for the American politician. We must get there soon and begin the confirmation process. May as well get Putin spitting mad first though. [X] Check!

I'm sure it'll come to a result quicker than we expect.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
Well, isn't this just the pillar of brilliance. Let's see about a thumbnail of history here.

The French get stomped at Dien Bien Phu, so we rush in a few years later to confirm it happened. Yup.. Sure enough, it took 10 years, but we confirmed it happened.

The Russians get stomped in Afghanistan (with no small assist from us) and again, a number of years later, we rush in, as if to confirm it really happened. Goodness.. Yup.. We're on the tail end of that result now, but I think Confirmed is a safe conclusion to call now.

What's next...as we gaze around... Ahh yes... Napoleon and Hitler BOTH got stomped in Russia. That's too much to pass up as unconfirmed for the American politician. We must get there soon and begin the confirmation process. May as well get Putin spitting mad first though. [X] Check!

I'm sure it'll come to a result quicker than we expect.

Are you saying that the US & NATO want to go to war with Russia?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I don't know what NATO wants. Thats Europe if we take United States thinking as a separate piece of what we're seeing.

No, I don't think the US leadership WANTS war, but we didn't WANT 10 years of losing a war in Vietnam or 10 years of leaving in a bad way for Afghan either. That's the point... We're aggressively playing on Putin's back doorstep when we know Russia's greatest insecurity and most critical historic concern has been buffer space between themselves and the Western world. That's centuries of thinking. Not just recent. It carries to this day as we watch though....and if Ukraine became a Western client state? That puts our stuff 300 miles from Putin's office...give or take a mile or two.

I don't think the U.S. has ever shown a sense of cultural awareness or appreciation to how that factors into everything about a place and people. We didn't with our own Natives and we haven't anywhere else. People conform to us or we respond in very unfriendly ways....and I think it's grown such a big head, the US has come to play on the razor's edge of war, in some naive belief that no one would DARE attack US...because...well...we're US, I guess.

Yeah.. I think my real issue there is how many times history has literally shown that to be the famous last thoughts of an Empire, before actions took them beyond the point hindsight can see was the last of no return.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Keep on poking that dog with a stick. Don't come crying to me if it gets fed up and bites you.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join