It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$6 Billion Goes Missing at State Dept (under Hillary Clinton)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hillary for President

RA RA RA

Some bureaucrat claims they don't like the paperwork, and lemmings start jumping off a cliff.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

That's an interesting article. It appears when Hillary became SecState the previous IG either resigned or she implemented a clean sweep, wonder which?

Still they had an acting IG the whole time so someone should have been watching the contracts and where the money went. Whoops.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

rickynews
It is my sincere opinion that Jeb Bush would be an outstanding President of the United States.

I would of like him over his brother I suspect, but based upon the stats that the other Bush's accrued upon leaving office, I think that would be a huge mistake. First of all the Family IS big government, they have literally gotten fat and powerful due to their usage and manipulation of the government. They have certainly had more tax payer money put into Bush bank accounts than 1,000,000 welfare queens combined.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

spurgeonatorsrevenge
I would of like him over his brother I suspect, but based upon the stats that the other Bush's accrued upon leaving office, I think that would be a huge mistake. First of all the Family IS big government, they have literally gotten fat and powerful due to their usage and manipulation of the government. They have certainly had more tax payer money put into Bush bank accounts than 1,000,000 welfare queens combined.

The sad thing is it could come down to either another Bush, or even worse, another Clinton in the Oval office. Talk about an endless monarchy. I am sure the herds will fall for it all again too, so no worries. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

jimmyx
I think I found a non-partisan explanation as to why it is so hard to fill these IG, as well as agency head leadership positions...this article gets to the main points...support needed by the president AND congress, lack of funding due to budget cuts, being personally blamed for every wrong committed by some of the thousands of personal that you become immediately in charge of. short tenure due to political change.........so, when one does come into this position, do you "keep the trains running, or do you implement sweeping changes"...and one I thought was interesting....smart and qualified people simply say NO, and do not want to take on the thankless, always-criticized, low-paid, job.
www.govexec.com...

What budget cuts ? "Low-paid job"

from OP source:

the State Department’s Inspector General Steve Linick warned “significant financial risk and a lack of internal control at the department has led to billions of unaccounted dollars over the last six years.
Hmmm.

from your source:

Vacancies and interim leaders are common at the start of any presidential term. But many say the gridlock of Obama-era nominations seems especially intense. “It’s pretty clear there’s a substantial slowdown,” says Bill Galston, a Clinton administration domestic policy adviser who is now at the Brookings Institution.
What "nominations gridlock" ? Maybe in 2009 & 2010 ?
Hmmm. "Non" Partisan ?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The State Department had been without an inspector general position for five years—the longest IG vacancy in the government’s history.
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh why was That? Oh that's right, because the GOP isn't letting this administration have ANY nominees go through, then when this administration uses Recess Appointments to fill these necessary spots the GOP freaks out and calls it unconstitutional (even though it is constitutional)

The right needs to stop blaming this president for problems that thanks to actions taken by the GOP in congress causes. It's like shooting someone in the face then blaming the person for getting in the way of your bullet.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

from OP source:

Here is the quote in context from the OP source.

In a special “management alert” made public Thursday, the State Department’s Inspector General Steve Linick warned “significant financial risk and a lack of internal control at the department has led to billions of unaccounted dollars over the last six years.
www.thefiscaltimes.com...

The trouble is, that statement does not exist in the Management Alert. Not surprising since the report had nothing to do with accounting.
oig.state.gov...
edit on 4/5/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Money goes missing under a woman ,how does that not surprise me .................

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I suppose it says something of my level of cynicism when my reaction is to think "only 6 billion?"

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

wombatta
Money goes missing under a woman ,how does that not surprise me .................

Well to be fair, if we minus binge shopping from the equation, I believe that most Women do a better job managing their budgets than a lot of us Men do.

With that being said, I do believe that Hillary is a criminal, a liar and a lunatic who should never be allowed to become President of The United States. That would be even worse than Obama, if that is even possible. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Isn't it ironic that a regular person working a till has to account for every cent at the end of their shift, yet Hillary can have 6 BILLION go missing and no questions asked.

This is just yet ANOTHER case of political fraud. But when they get away with it so easily, it's little wonder why they keep doing it !

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DarksideOz

Isn't it ironic that a regular person working a till has to account for every cent at the end of their shift, yet Hillary can have 6 BILLION go missing and no questions asked.

It's more ironic that people don't actually understand that there is not $6 billion missing after reading the thread.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

HauntWok
reply to post by Bassago

The State Department had been without an inspector general position for five years—the longest IG vacancy in the government’s history.

Oh why was That? Oh that's right, because the GOP isn't letting this administration have ANY nominees go through, then when this administration uses Recess Appointments to fill these necessary spots the GOP freaks out and calls it unconstitutional (even though it is constitutional)

The right needs to stop blaming this president for problems that thanks to actions taken by the GOP in congress causes. It's like shooting someone in the face then blaming the person for getting in the way of your bullet.

Why say "See more at.." and then point to this thread? I've read every post in it and some of the posts more than once.

So in your opinion this whole problem is due to the GOP in congress? At least you didn't blame GW Bush, that's something I suppose. Your perspective is noted.

FWIW I would have pointed out this issue if it was under Bush just as quickly.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Wondered ONLY 6 billion missing.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Yes, that link pointed back to this thread, to the post with the information precisely, stop nitpicking, all that means is that your argument is that weak.

Imagine you are at work, and they don't have a comptroller. Account's payable has a rubber stamp to pay everything. Do you blame the workers for the lack of a comptroller? Or, do you blame HR, the one's that were supposed to hire a Comptroller months ago but refused to because they don't like management?

See how stupid this is?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by DarksideOz

It's more ironic that people don't actually understand that there is not $6 billion missing after reading the thread.

I laughed so hard...

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

SheopleNation

spurgeonatorsrevenge

The sad thing is it could come down to either another Bush, or even worse, another Clinton in the Oval office. Talk about an endless monarchy. I am sure the herds will fall for it all again too, so no worries. ~$heopleNation

Well to be fair, Clinton didn't leave the economy in free fall. Being as I have money, I think that result constitutes a worse performance.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

candlestick
Wondered ONLY 6 billion missing.

Its not missing

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Bassago

HauntWok
reply to post by Bassago

Why say "See more at.." and then point to this thread? I've read every post in it and some of the posts more than once.

So in your opinion this whole problem is due to the GOP in congress? At least you didn't blame GW Bush, that's something I suppose. Your perspective is noted.

FWIW I would have pointed out this issue if it was under Bush just as quickly.

The problem is the rhetoric that GOP leadership uses is dangerous and board-line retarded. GOP leadership has done more to reduce the collective intelligence of America than Lead and Marijuana combined. By making all arguments so base, I worry that people will slowly loose their ability follow anything that requires critical thought or analysis. They have already sown the seeds by attacking science in several arenas including, Climatology, Biology, Archeology, genetics and Paleontology because science is not provable??? If I have to explain how dangerous it is to have a populace who can dismiss any and all scientific evidence then don't bother replying. I'm just saying...

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Taggart

I fail to see the difference, if there is no paperwork then the money is also missing.

What makes you say there was no paperwork?

What makes you say the 6 billion can be accounted for ?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join