It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$6 Billion Goes Missing at State Dept (under Hillary Clinton)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Those missing and incomplete files account for billions, so my logical assumption is that the money is gone.
I wouldn't call it logical to assume that because some paperwork could not be produced on request that the total contract amount is surely missing.

I've worked for a general contractor. There are sometimes missing contract documents (subcontracts, lien releases, etc.). There are times that things were misfiled. That doesn't mean the accounting is flawed. That doesn't mean the money is missing.

edit on 4/6/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Phage I wouldn't call it logical to assume that because some paperwork could not be produced on request that the total contract amount is surely missing.

Well then I would bet that you're in the minority with that opinion.

I've worked for a general contractor. There are sometimes missing contract documents (subcontracts, lien releases, etc.). There are times that things were misfiled. That doesn't mean the accounting is flawed. That doesn't mean the money is missing.

"misfiled", How convenient.
Going in circles here.......it doesn't mean that the money is not missing, and the accounting concerning the subject of this thread, is clearly flawed. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Phage

Those missing and incomplete files account for billions, so my logical assumption is that the money is gone.
I wouldn't call it logical to assume that because some paperwork could not be produced on request that the total contract amount is surely missing.

Of course the money is not missing; it's just the government doesn't want the taxpayer to know who the contractor is / was and what sort of service was performed....
edit on 6-4-2014 by eNaR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

eNaR

Phage

Of course the money is not missing; it's just the government doesn't want the taxpayer to know who the contractor is / was and what sort of service was performed

Exactly my friend. Technically, it is not missing, it obviously was funneled somewhere. Maybe even to Hillary's future Campaign. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Indigo5
reply to post by Bassago

For what it is worth "Missing" makes for a sexy headline, but is not actually accurate.

The 6 Billion is attributed to incomplete and missing "contract files"...in a very bureaucratic contract system. they still know who got the money and what work was supposed to be done, they just didn't have all the proper paperwork. If you go to the boring (source) report they explain the same...

oig.state.gov...
edit on 4-4-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

I think this needed to be repeated here.

Also, I'm no fan of the sloppy record keeping exposed here but it doesn't seem to be any sloppier than the OP source article.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

DenyObfuscation

Indigo5
reply to post by Bassago

For what it is worth "Missing" makes for a sexy headline, but is not actually accurate.

The 6 Billion is attributed to incomplete and missing "contract files"...in a very bureaucratic contract system. they still know who got the money and what work was supposed to be done, they just didn't have all the proper paperwork. If you go to the boring (source) report they explain the same...

oig.state.gov...

I think this needed to be repeated here.

Also, I'm no fan of the sloppy record keeping exposed here but it doesn't seem to be any sloppier than the OP source article.

True, I post em as I find them. The money is obviously somewhere but doubtful we'll find out through the IOG regardless of their sincere attempts. Kind of like a murder mystery in a way.
    "Sorry Ma'am, we can't find the body and there's no other evidence. Case closed."

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
When Hillary Clinton runs for president, who will run against her that would actually win? No one. The next revolution may break out before 2016, but if not it could happen under her regime.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Phage

Can you prove that $6 billion is not missing?

Good approach.
Can you prove that unicorns don't exist? No? I guess that means they do.
Can you prove that you are not a reptilian? No? I guess that means you are.

I realise it wasn't addressed to me, but if I can add.............

have you seen any credible evidence of a Unicorn ever existing ? But Hillary and corruption seem to have provided many credible examples of working hand in hand. Show as many examples of Unicorn's existing as there are for Hillary and corruption, and then you can ask that question about Unicorns. Comparing the two makes no logical sense and is your approach of avoiding the question. The answer to the question about can you prove the 6 billion isn't missing is 'no'. Therefore no one can say that it isn't lost. You can have the personal opinion that it is where it should be, but others do not share your opinion on this matter due to the people involved and their track record. This may be a complete non issue and just a paper work stuff up, but again, have a closer look at who is involved before saying that the money is NOT lost.

As for reptilians, do they have a track record like Hillary's that we can use as a gauge to form an opinion on ?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DarksideOz

Show as many examples of Unicorn's existing as there are for Hillary and corruption, and then you can ask that question about Unicorns.

I don't think the argument is about corruption. The point is simple. Thread title says $6 bil goes missing. Source article says $6 bil goes missing. The report says no such thing. This seems to be more about reading comprehension. What is missing is paperwork. Important documentation that AFAIK would be needed to verify that correct amounts were paid to the correct people and they do not have it.

It's about something that seems to be very rare around here, staying on topic. The point has been made repeatedly that the report is not about "missing" money. What more do you all need to get that?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Whether the money was stolen, misappropriated, misfiled paperwork, funneled into secret projects... whatever. Hillary Clinton was in charge then, and it falls under her watch. And no inspector general either, odd.

Either way, I've been keeping a list of 'issues' with Hillary Clinton in another thread - please add to it if you think I've missed anything shady about her. BTW - My hope is America stops with the political dynasties - the US doesn't need a King (Bill) and now hopeful Queen (Hillary) running the show.

That other thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

OP - Not meaning to derail from your thread, just trying to capture others in here who may know more about her than myself and others have listed. Carry on.

edit on 7-4-2014 by Jason88 because: clarity

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

DenyObfuscation

Show as many examples of Unicorn's existing as there are for Hillary and corruption, and then you can ask that question about Unicorns.

I don't think the argument is about corruption. The point is simple. Thread title says $6 bil goes missing. Source article says $6 bil goes missing. The report says no such thing. This seems to be more about reading comprehension. What is missing is paperwork. Important documentation that AFAIK would be needed to verify that correct amounts were paid to the correct people and they do not have it.

It's about something that seems to be very rare around here, staying on topic. The point has been made repeatedly that the report is not about "missing" money. What more do you all need to get that?

And usually where there is smoke, there is fire. The paperwork that they do not have COULD lead to finding money being shifted, lost or misplaced. It has nothing to do with poor comprehension, it is just seeing the same names involved and then looking at their track record. If their track record wasn't so poor, then it wouldn't lead to so many questioning their motives.

And it is usually paper trails that lead to exposing corruption. Maybe, just maybe, that this lack of paperwork is just the start of bigger things ?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with poor comprehension

Then you'll kindly show where the report indicates "missing" money. If you can do so I'll happily stand corrected.

I see audit issues, not accounting issues.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

DenyObfuscation

It has nothing to do with poor comprehension

Then you'll kindly show where the report indicates "missing" money. If you can do so I'll happily stand corrected.

I see audit issues, not accounting issues.

I can kindly show you were i said that it may be a non issue in this instance, but due to the people involved then there may actually be more to it than just a paperwork error. I can also show you were I said I cannot prove that the money is missing, but there is a plausible possibility that due to the reputation of those involved that there is a very realistic chance that there MAY be more to it.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I can also show you were I said I cannot prove that the money is missing

Hmmm, I don't recall you being asked by anyone to prove that. Although you did say

DarksideOz
Isn't it ironic that a regular person working a till has to account for every cent at the end of their shift, yet Hillary can have 6 BILLION go missing and no questions asked.

DarksideOz

What makes you say the 6 billion can be accounted for ?

DarksideOz
I cannot prove that Hillary and Co. stole 6 billion, but you cannot prove that 6 billion isn't missing.

Not only can you not prove 6 bil is missing, you can't show where the OIG even says it might be.

What even makes you think the money might be "missing"?

The OIG report even mentions payment of almost $800,000 "to a contractor even though the contract file did not contain documents to support the payment".

The contracts are not used for accounting. They still know how much went where.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Actually, six billion dollars is not missing.
reply to post by Phage

Sloppy accounting or incomplete documentation....if they can't show where the money went...it is indeed missing.

Just imagine for a moment that you worked for a company and went to the board and told them you couldn't account for 6 billion in contract expenditures....do you think they would just say....oh well, it's not missing really...just unaccounted for...carry on?

Not on your life...you would be terminated immediatley and very likely arrested shortly there after.

When did folks become so nonchalant about billions and trillions of public funds that cannot be accounted for?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by deadcalm

Sloppy accounting or incomplete documentation....if they can't show where the money went...it is indeed missing.
The thing is, this was not an accounting audit. The books were not being audited. Contract document management was.

Just imagine for a moment that you worked for a company and went to the board and told them you couldn't account for 6 billion in contract expenditures....do you think they would just say....oh well, it's not missing really...just unaccounted for...carry on?
No. If a audit of the accounting office could not produce their books I would be very upset. But this is not about accounting, it is about contract documents. Now, poor contract document management is not trivial but it is not the same thing as mismanagement of accounting documents. They are separate things. Different staff. Different offices.

When did folks become so nonchalant about billions and trillions of public funds that cannot be accounted for?
Did you read the report? Does it say anything about missing funds?
edit on 4/9/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

deadcalm

When? As soon as we allowed an illiterate herd of our population to become the voting majority of the USA, our down fall was sealed my friend. We still got some hope, but it's slipping away every single day. The everything will be ok generation needs to be silenced and shut the hell up.

Not accounted for, "misfiled" (I love that one), missing, or some unknown explanation, what luck these carpetbaggers have that good men continue to make excuses, and continue to turn the other cheek away from truth and justice, or even consider to recognize for even a second the red flags of such disgusting Nation wide corruption.

It's clear who the enemies are, and it's equally clear who their enablers are. We should never forget who they all are. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Jason88
Whether the money was stolen, misappropriated, misfiled paperwork, funneled into secret projects... whatever. Hillary Clinton was in charge then, and it falls under her watch. And no inspector general either, odd.

Either way, I've been keeping a list of 'issues' with Hillary Clinton in another thread - please add to it if you think I've missed anything shady about her. BTW - My hope is America stops with the political dynasties - the US doesn't need a King (Bill) and now hopeful Queen (Hillary) running the show.

That other thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

OP - Not meaning to derail from your thread, just trying to capture others in here who may know more about her than myself and others have listed. Carry on.

edit on 7-4-2014 by Jason88 because: clarity

Jason with respect you don't need clintons and the bush family ,it's sad how the only people running will be those with rich backers who will want something in return

Two parties and two people to vote for,that's democracy for us!

Btw I think I have seen your Clinton thread, they both have a murky past!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

What makes me think that the money is even missing...............because of possible involvement from Hillary. If, and I stress IF, but if Hillary is someway involved, then it wouldn't shock me at all if even more than 6 billion is missing. Care to prove me wrong considering her track record ?

My original comment was more to the point of how the average person is held to account for every cent. Yet people in positions of trust can possibly take billions and face little to no action. What if I re-word the comment to suit you better..........'isn't it ironic how the average person has to account for every cent on their shift, yet people like Hillary, Obama, Bush etc can take part in sending a nation 17 trillion into debt, yet serve out their terms with full pay, full benefits and full profits'.
But to be fair, Hillary doesn't need to steal any more money from the US citizens to fund a Presidential campaign, she should have enough stolen funds already............and then some.
If you don't believe she has any involvement in this, then move on and enjoy your day, but I have seen far too often that scum is scum, and scum like Hillary will never change.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

My original comment was more to the point of how the average person is held to account for every cent.

Well sort of, but not really.
The point actually is that the audit is not about accounting.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join