It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby Hypocrisy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What's really funny is this "stance" in the name of religion is a total lie/bs supported by almost no one except these Hobby Lobby people.

Some 98 percent of sexually active Catholic women in the United States have used contraceptive methods banned by the church, research published on Wednesday showed

Considering that almost ALL catholic women have used contraceptives, this is simply denying what is reality.

Nearly 70 percent of Catholic women use sterilization, the birth control pill or an IUD, according to the Guttmacher Institute research.

I wonder why that is neo? Perhaps hobby lobby (is there really as sad a place as that?) is fighting a moral crusade that isn't relevant and borders on fundamentalism? Oh no! Birth control! Anyone who has an issue with birth control is out to lunch.

The findings nearly match previous NSFG data from 2002, which showed that 97 percent of Catholic women were using birth control, and are consistent with a trend tracked over the last decade by Catholics for Choice.

you mad bro?

CJ

edit on 1-4-2014 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by windword

Maybe because before there was birth control, child birth was the number one killer of women.

Is was ?

How the hell did mankind ever get along before the US government came around ?

Mandating big pharma corporate products that prohibit, and end human life.

Birth control is the number one 'people' killer, and many of those are women.
edit on 1-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

You should read my thread.

Abortion and contraceptives have been around for thousands of years. It was only recently they temporarily outlawed it (1873). The church was even in mild favour at one point (contraception mostly, although at one point abortion too, done before 30 days).
edit on 2-4-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

neo96
reply to post by Grimpachi

That is the only God they trust.

And apparently the only god the pro birth control crowd 'trust' is government.

Hobby Lobby kind of threw you under the bus then didn't they? I mean, they almost had a legitimate argument to take to the supreme court, but now it's blatantly obvious they are full of $%#%. So you can probably expect the outcome to go against them. Government win.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Shame on you, Hobby Lobby.
Shame on you for hiding behind religious beliefs when all you had to say was "People shouldn't have to pay for other peoples bad choices" or "we're too cheap to pay for your unwanted pregnancies" and left it at that

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

neo96
reply to post by beezzer

They (government) are in it for control.

Yes they are, and they sure do not like competition which is why they continually go after that religious institution.

There can be only one 'moral' authority.

Government knows best, and the 'masses' don't know jack.

Yeah we get it. You hate ObummerCare. Now that you've made your point over and over and over and over and over and over again, care to discuss the actual tpoic at hand? Or do you prefer to just ignore the actual topic and troll the thread?

In case you missed it, which I'm fairly certain is what happened, the topic is simply this:
Hobby Lobby is opposing the OwebomberCare reproductive health provision based on "religious beliefs" while investing in the companies that produce the actual products they claim to be an afront to their religion; while also a massive majority of their income is from selling products of China which forces abortions on its citizens. So how can Hobby Lobby claim that the OweblunderCare provision is against their religion when with their other hand actively support genocide in China and genocide "medicine" with their investments?

This wholly un-Holy hypocricy is so full of holes that they should have used a more believable excuse to fight the OwedummerCare provision in question. Then again, drawing the unwavering support of the emotionally unstable and logically challenged crowd sure has the war drums a beating, so perhaps their choice of defense is more calculated and cold than any Nihilist could imagine.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

EyesOpenMouthShut
Shame on you, Hobby Lobby.
Shame on you for hiding behind religious beliefs when all you had to say was "People shouldn't have to pay for other peoples bad choices" or "we're too cheap to pay for your unwanted pregnancies" and left it at that

Except, when the law of the land (whether you agree with it or not) now states anyone who wants birth control, can purchase insurance covering it. Saying "we're too cheap to cover your procedure" doesn't work.

As far as the OP goes, yes Hobby Lobby is a bunch of hypocrites but I don't see how it's going to affect their case. The motivation behind a legal argument is irrelevant, if the logic holds then the logic holds regardless of the motivations behind the person presenting it.

Anyways, I can almost guarantee the Supreme Court will rule against Hobby Lobby because if they allow this exception, they're going to open the floodgates to every employer choosing what parts of an insurance package they're going to cover, which will result in everyone choosing to provide virtually nothing. Insurance is now part of compensation and corporations can not and should not be able to dictate how an employee chooses to use their compensation.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

neo96

That is the only God they trust.

And apparently the only god the pro birth control crowd 'trust' is government.

That is nothing but an insult to women.

Being told they need a big strapping government to take care of them.

So you think that people should be able to cry it's against my religion and do whatever they want regardless of what the law says?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
if the government rules in favor of HL then its a win. if they rule against HL, HL said they will shut there doors and be forced to lay off 1,000's of people because they will not be forced to go against there believes. I say bravo to HL for sticking to there guns if they do so.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

buster2010

beezzer

neo96
reply to post by beezzer

I have many issues about this manufactured outrage.

Among them is this:

The Yasmin lawyers at Saiontz & Kirk, P.A. are reviewing potential lawsuits for users of the Yaz or Yasmin birth control pill, as the drug maker has failed to adequately warn that otherwise healthy young women could face an increased risk of serious health problems caused by Yasmin side effects. - See more at: www.youhavealawyer.com...

www.yourlawyer.com...

Miraculously for some odd reason out of all big pharma products made.

Birth control is the 'safest'.

Which is why they are defending that epic stupidity.

I don't get it.

It's a political issue, not a social, moral issue.

Did you hear that little part in it that says there will be no laws respecting the establishment of religion? If they were to change the ACA because of HB wanting to force their employees to live by their religious beliefs then they will be respecting the establishment of religion.
edit on 1-4-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

HL is not forcing anyone to live by their religious beliefs. if the employee doesn't like it, they can work somewhere else. Now when the government forces there beliefs on you, you obey or go to jail.
edit on 2-4-2014 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

camaro68ss
if the government rules in favor of HL then its a win. if they rule against HL, HL said they will shut there doors and be forced to lay off 1,000's of people because they will not be forced to go against there believes. I say bravo to HL for sticking to there guns if they do so.

What beliefs? They are not truly sticking to their faith when they are supporting a nation that forces abortions on their citizens. And seeing how a law cannot be changed to respect the establishment of religion HL is just wasting more taxpayer money on a court case that should have never taken place.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

camaro68ss

buster2010

beezzer

neo96
reply to post by beezzer

I have many issues about this manufactured outrage.

Among them is this:

The Yasmin lawyers at Saiontz & Kirk, P.A. are reviewing potential lawsuits for users of the Yaz or Yasmin birth control pill, as the drug maker has failed to adequately warn that otherwise healthy young women could face an increased risk of serious health problems caused by Yasmin side effects. - See more at: www.youhavealawyer.com...

www.yourlawyer.com...

Miraculously for some odd reason out of all big pharma products made.

Birth control is the 'safest'.

Which is why they are defending that epic stupidity.

I don't get it.

It's a political issue, not a social, moral issue.

Did you hear that little part in it that says there will be no laws respecting the establishment of religion? If they were to change the ACA because of HB wanting to force their employees to live by their religious beliefs then they will be respecting the establishment of religion.
edit on 1-4-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

HL is not forcing anyone to live by their religious beliefs. if the employee doesn't like it, they can work somewhere else. Now when the government forces there beliefs on you, you obey or go to jail.
edit on 2-4-2014 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

BS You cannot deny an employee part of the law and cry it's against my faith. And the government has no religion. But now that I think about it the government worships the same faith as HL. Money. It would really help if you were to learn the difference between beliefs and laws.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Have you ever been in a Hobby Lobby?
Most of the employees aren't going to be needing birth control anyways.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

So you think that people should be able to cry it's against my religion and do whatever they want regardless of what the law says?

Yeah I do because that is what the first amendment is for.

And for those who have seem to forget that constitution is NOY just a GD piece of paper"

Amendment I Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

www.archives.gov...

Back to the Christainphobics bigoted little 'crusade'.
edit on 2-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

neo96
reply to post by buster2010

And for those who have seem to forget that constitution is NOY just a GD piece of paper"

Amendment I Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

www.archives.gov...

Back to the Christainphobics bigoted little 'crusade'.

So you think religious human sacrifice is A OK and protected by the first amendment regardless of other laws?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

So you think religious human sacrifice is A OK and protected by the first amendment regardless of other laws?

Isn't that is what is being done to hobby lobby by all it's haters ?

I want to know of the people in this thread who works at hobby lobby.,

Who was personally effected.

MY guess is none.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

BritofTexas
We all know Hobby Lobby and their little fight to deny Reproductive Health Care to their employees.

No they are not. Hobby Lobby just doesn't want to pay for it.
That doesn't mean they are fighting to make sure the employees don't get it elsewhere.
Planned Parenthood hands it out for free. And condoms are 25 cents at corner gas stations ...
Anyone can get them.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So you are for first amendment protected religious human sacrifice?

After all you did say.

edit on 2-4-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I am against the 'religious' human sacrifice that is called abortion.

Since it has a cult following using that religious institution called government.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

neo96

I am against the 'religious' human sacrifice that is called abortion.

Since it has a cult following using that religious institution called government.

Well I don't think that is a religion, but hey I guess your issue isn't religious freedom as you say.

You have said the first amendment is for people doing whatever they want regardless of the law based on their religion. Based of the question asked of you which you responded.

You seem to be for a specific religious freedom. Or more to the point a specific religion.
Not other religions or breaking other laws.

So you are not really for freedom at all. Are you.
edit on 2-4-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Well I don't think that is a religion, but hey I guess your issue isn't religious freedom as you say.

It is with the state dictating 'morality'.

You seem to be for a specific religious freedom.

A persons religion is between them, and their maker.

What they believe, or if they chose not to believe.

It is not about what other people are telling them what it should be.

People are free not to like it.

That is where it begins, and end.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join