It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobby Lobby Hypocrisy

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wayforward

Sure why not. You first though. Go find a decent sample pool of people and ask them, make sure to record their answers and you need some impartial verifier that you did so. When you figure out a way to show that you didn't make up the numbers then let me know.

Not that I don't trust you, but you already fallaciously said 0% of people know what companies their mutual funds are invested in. That doesn't garner much confidence in your factual reporting abilities.
edit on 3-4-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

What is a decent sample size, keeping in mind I would expect you to match and post you're own results?

Here is my proposal questions:
1) Do you have a 401(k) plan?
2) Do you consider it a substantial investment?
If yes, then survey continues, otherwise it stops.
3) Is any of your 401(k) money in mutual funds?
If the answer is anything other than "no" the next question is asked, and they are counted as part of the sample.
4) Can you name pharmaceutical companies the funds have invested in?
If yes, then
5) Which ones?

It is fair to round 0.49% down to 0%. So if less than 1 in 200 people can name their 401(k) mutual fund's pharmaceutical investments, then I am correct that 0% of people have a good chance of identifying an abortion pill investment in their portfolio.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Religious people don't care about their own hypocrisy because to them they have the moral high ground. It's the same reason people blow themselves up and priests can't keep their hands off the alter boys. If they can justify their actions in the name of god they can do what ever they want. Religious people have some seriously flawed logic. How else would you explain believing in 2000 year old fairy tales of an invisible man living in the sky.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
What else is hypocritical about Hobby Lobby is that before ACA, their health care plans for employees also covered emergency contraception but HL didn't register any butt hurt over it then.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Shutting down their stores if this doesn't turn out in their favor?
I say "Bravo, Hobby Lobby" for cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Hypocrites, YES. The blatancy astounds me

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

That's just another example of the religious right using excuses and picking & choosing where they apply their ideals. There's no excuse for pro-lifers to have financial holdings which consist of stock in companies selling things to which they object morally. It's easy enough to invest in funds which are unobjectionable (sustainable practices, no humman rights issues, etc.) or hire a fund manager whom is instructed to keep the investments in line with one's values. Even if it weren't so easy, that's no excuse.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I agree. Also, I find that people who think things like the EOE et. are examples of the govt micromanaging everything, and the govt should just stay out of our business, have no idea what it would be like to try to work or live freely in
a country where people (like Hobby Lobby owners) who aren't guided to change, continue in the same manner as before... That is, minorities need not apply, & women should not expect to interview for a management role. Also, wheelchairs only fit through the doors of the back entrance, but there's stairs back there anyway so don't bother.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Your argument is utter and complete non-sense. Hobby Lobby has every Constitutional right and moral right Not to provide abortion inducing drugs and birth control to ANY of its employees. Why should either Hobby Lobby, an Insurance company,or we the U.S. Tax payers need to finance and accommodate the sexual and/or reproduction practices of others ? Is it right that while my neighbor gets birth control "free", both myself and others have to pay for it ?

If you want birth control, then go pay for it yourself.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rickynews

So then your opinion is that NO insurance company should cover birth control, right? I guess you can shop until you drop to find the insurance that doesn't and sign up with them. I doubt you actually bother though. Like everyone else, you pick a plan (if your employer offers multiple plans to begin with) that has a premium, deductible, and co-pay which fits with your income.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I don't think you understood what I asked of you so I will simplify.

Given your track record here of making up numbers how do you propose to prove you are not making up numbers for the poll you want to do?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Yes but do they have that right while the vast majority of there products are by choice made in a country that mandates abortions. Choosing to pay taxes to said country which support the abortions. They could just as
Easily gone to Latin America a mostly Christian country.

The reason they didn't? The same reason they want less insurance for there employees...it's cheaper. Not because of religiousness.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
FYI these corporations will do anything to save money. No matter the effect on the community... Gotta love capitalism.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Your argument is utter and complete non-sense. Hobby Lobby has every Constitutional right and moral right Not to provide abortion inducing drugs and birth control to ANY of its employees.

No they don't, and they haven't had that right since December 2000. If they had a problem with the law, that would have been the time to protest. But now, they just look racist, judgmental, bigoted and hypocritical.

I will dance in the streets the day they shutter their doors!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Your really grasping at straws now.

Last time I checked, there is no Constitutional right to have Health Care, nor is there a right to get birth control paid for by your employer.

Once again, you and every other Progressive shows the seething hatred for what is outlined within the Constitution and BoR and just press forward with this "give me" attitude.

I would suggest personal responsibility, but to you it would fall on deaf ears.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Last time I checked, there is no Constitutional right to have Health Care, nor is there a right to get birth control paid for by your employer.

You're wrong. If an employer offers prescription drug coverage, that employer, by law, must also provide contraceptive coverage.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
You want birth control ? Then You pay for it. Quite simple.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This topic is conjured up non-sense. If the Pope buys a product from China, is he suddenly an abortion supporting hypocrite for doing so ? What if I like eating Chinese food, am I a hypocrite supporting abortions in China? Utter silliness.

edit on 4-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Perhaps you either didn't read or understand the statement in the prior reply. Nowhere in the U.S. Constitution does it provide for the Government run or sponsorship of Healthcare Insurance. Maybe it says so in Obamacare law and mandate, but it does not in the Constitution. Further evidence the A.C.A. law is Unconstitutional.

edit on 4-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Buying something is not having the vast majority of your products made there... They pay millions in taxes to china when they mandate abortions. While refusing to pay thousands here for the same... Come on. I know conservatives have been holding up hobby lobby as a hero, but this is crazy hypocrisy.
You really make your selves look silly pretending it's not.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
You want birth control ? Then You pay for it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join