It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police ignore another person with his 2nd Amendment right

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Polymath

Citizen: "you're getting sued"

Cop: "That's fine."

Because he knows he doesn't have to pay the pay out.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I see a lot of replies here calling this guy an a$$hat and moron and such and stating that he's lucky the coroner didn't have to scrape up his brainmatter from the lawn.
The fact is, this guy is doing what is perfectly constitutionally legal. Why does he need to hide from these cops? What he is doing is educating the pigs, as well as his fellow citizens, that he has this right and they have no authority to squash that right. He is empowering other citizens that they too can express themselves. The revolution won't happen as long as we are afraid to exercise our rights. As long as we are scared, the cops will win.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I really hope all of these videos result in some sort of action.

Either a retraining of police or change in police procedure that keeps them from wasting everyones time and prevents the most paranoid and ignorant morons out there from having all the power by wielding the police as their own personal tool.

Or more heavy handed anti-liberty laws and regulations being imposed on the people.

This ridiculous land of limbo we all live in is very tiring. Something is wrong when the most ignorant, fearful lunatics out there control the mechanisms of law enforcement. I can send the cops after just about anyone for anything with absolutely no evidence or proof and never be charged with any crime myself as long as my concern is "sincere." That shouldnt be the case.

Around here ignorant transplants and Massholes along the border were calling the cops so frequently on people committing no crimes that PD's had to set new standards and undergo retraining as to not waste hours and hours chasing down every person some lunatic reported.

The little boys are crying wolf day and night and so far they arent only getting away with it but often they are encouraged to do it more frequently.

See somethign say something. Even if you're a paranoid dumbass who doesnt know jack # about the world around them and the state will laud you as a hero of the people.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This dude is my new HERO.

Way to go.

Those cops deserved every word that guy spewed-sometimes you have to talk the only way they can't defend.

Calling them what they were. More cops not knowing what they are employed to do.

ENFORCE THE LAW-Don't make it up~!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

When I look at this screen grab from the video, this guy has no clue how to handle a weapon properly. If you will notice, he has the weapon at maybe a 45 degree angle to the ground, most likely less. If you wish to make a point, other than showing a lack of concern for the safety of others, learn the correct way to handle a firearm. Maybe he learned this on a range, but most likely not.

I support his rights, but he needs to learn some gun etiquette. And maybe a lesson on using proper English rather than cursing. He won nothing more than being added to the 2nd Amendment Hall of Shame!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This photo of me was taken in a SUBDIVISION. 10 men armed with scary black rifles.

Actually fellow 3 gun competitors meeting and discussing new weapons and upgrades.

Plenty of people rode by. And do you know what they did? They waved...

This is a culture problem...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Yeah and many anti-gun people aren't that bright either. Just look around ats and you will see that. People need to get it in there thick heads, guns don't kill people, people kill people. Take the guns away and people will still kill people.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I didn't watch the entire video for two reasons; First, I saw everything I needed to see within the first 4 minutes to understand that this guy got exactly what he was looking for, which was confrontation. Secondly, I do have better things to do with my day than to spend it watching stupid people on youtube.

You know the old saying; "Be careful what you look for, because you might just find it!" This guy went looking for trouble and that's exactly what he found and IMO, rightly so.

I've read where some posters seem to believe that his flag & sign should have been enough for the LEOs to realize that he was just exercising his right to protest and that they should have just left the scene. Well, I guess it just goes to show that people interpret the actions of others differently, something the protestor apparently never even considered.

I just wonder how those posters think law enforcement should respond if this same thing happened a few houses down from the local elementary school?

"Oh look!"

"Don't worry, he has a sign and a flag with his gun so it must be nothing more than a protest."

"Let's just ignore him and get on back to the doughnut shop." Yeah Right!

I think the KKK utilized flags and signs along with their guns and their actions were hardly limited to protesting and as far as I'm concerned, the modern day use of the "Don't Tread On Me" flag is basically nothing more than the new banner for the same group of ideologues.

I understand that many won't agree with my assessment but; When I see someone on the street, garnishing that flag with an assault rifle slung over his shoulder in the horizontal position, ( in essence allowing the muzzle to be pointed at everyone and everything, every time he turns his body) my first impression would be that what I have here is a nut who quite possibly could be in the initial stages of a mental breakdown that could be the lead-in to yet another mass shooting.

I wouldn't expect any LEO to react any differently, because to do so would be ignoring the distinct possibility that this could be the beginning of a bad situation and the public could be in danger. Furthermore, anyone within range of this guys weapon has already been placed in danger just by virtue of the manner in which this guy is handling his weapon in public.

Any "responsible" gun owner knows that even though you may have the "right" to do so, you don't ever allow the muzzle of your gun to be pointed in the direction of anyone or anything that you don't intend to shoot.

Just because you have the "right" to do something doesn't mean that you always should or that common sense and discretion shouldn't be utilized when doing so.

Stupid is as Stupid does.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

TiedDestructor

Morons on their lawn with a rifle aren't the ones shooting up places.

Do you know this man in the in the video do you know what his intentions are people in the neighborhood probably didn't they just saw some moron sitting there with his rifle .

Stop turning this into a fear thing I realize that is the angle you guys love to use but I do not fear guns have shot many of them , I just don't have a use for them . how you get to a conclusion of fear is beyond me hoss , typical from your little crowd . No I do not live in such fear that a gun is my only option for protection .

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

freedomSlave

TiedDestructor

Morons on their lawn with a rifle aren't the ones shooting up places.

Do you know this man in the in the video do you know what his intentions are people in the neighborhood probably didn't they just saw some moron sitting there with his rifle .

Stop turning this into a fear thing I realize that is the angle you guys love to use but I do not fear guns have shot many of them , I just don't have a use for them . how you get to a conclusion of fear is beyond me hoss , typical from your little crowd . No I do not live in such fear that a gun is my only option for protection .

First of all don't refer to me as "you guys". I am my own man with my own convictions. Don't box me in.

2cd his intentions were known by most in exception to the most ignorant of observers.
Was he firing the rifle? Was he pointing his rifle at people or vehicles? Was he threatening people with violence?

Um....no.

People feel threatened because they choose to do so. I dont run or duck when I hear gunfire. Who in the hell would be shooting at me? They are the ones living in "FEAR".

And as far as needing protected? I prefer bloody fist over bullets as do most of "those" guys.

And kudos on your "little crowd" comment. As belittling as you sound you must be quiet insecure.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Lichter daraus
People need to get it in there thick heads, guns don't kill people, people kill people.

What a funny thing to say . I can buy a paper weight it is clearly designed as a paperweight its only job is hold paper down.. sure I could kill some one with it . What was a gun designed for ... a paper weight ?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

freedomSlave

Lichter daraus
People need to get it in there thick heads, guns don't kill people, people kill people.

What a funny thing to say . I can buy a paper weight it is clearly designed as a paperweight its only job is hold paper down.. sure I could kill some one with it . What was a gun designed for ... a paper weight ?

Without bullets it essentially is. Great find!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

TiedDestructor

First of all don't refer to me as "you guys". I am my own man with my own convictions. Don't box me in.

So let me get this strait , it is ok for you to label me but whine and cry when some one generalizes you when you are being like the cliche lol ok

2cd his intentions were known by most in exception to the most ignorant of observers.
Was he firing the rifle? Was he pointing his rifle at people or vehicles? Was he threatening people with violence?

No I know what his intentions where and yet like so many do not show respect where respect is due in no instead they feel like they need to shove it in the face of everyone who disagrees with it ... yes this speaks volumes

As belittling as you sound you must be quiet insecure.
again whine and cry about the same things you people do sure can dish it but cannot take it . grow some ballz man or just grow up

edit on 19/3/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

HandyDandy

Citizen: "you're getting sued"

Cop: "That's fine."

Because he knows he doesn't have to pay the pay out.

Instead, the officer should be charged with armed robbery. He illegally stole the man's property at gunpoint.

But the DA would just drop the charges. They are as corrupt as the police. That's why I believe that we need non-government prosecutors whose only function would be to investigate and prosecute law enforcement.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

freedomSlave

TiedDestructor

So let me get this strait , it is ok for you to label me a but whine and cry when some one generalizes you when you are being like the cliche lol ok

No I know what his intentions where and yet like so many do not show respect where respect is due in no instead they feel like they need to shove it in the face of everyone who disagrees with it ... yes this speaks volumes

As belittling as you sound you must be quiet insecure.
again whine and cry about the same things you people do sure can dish it but cannot take it . grow some ballz man or just grow up

Listen its clear you like to ramble so just go at it. To prevent thread drift I refuse to reply further to YOU.

Now go on...I need your wisdom.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

TiedDestructor

freedomSlave

Lichter daraus

Didn't answer my question now did you . but instead are talking about more bs , was the question to difficult to comprehend that this was your answer , I could simplify the question i guess if you need me to

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Chicago.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

Its deaigned to shoot but the gun doesnt shoot on its own nor does it choose what it shoots. The point is all you need is people, and people will kill people no matter what they use. If you think guns were made just for killing thats your problem there are many other uses for them. You dont have to be into killing things to have a gun. I personally just like to target shoot.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

freedomSlave

TiedDestructor

freedomSlave

Lichter daraus

Didn't answer my question now did you . but instead are talking about more bs , was the question to difficult to comprehend that this was your answer , I could simplify the question i guess if you need me to

Instead of continuing the argument, can we get back on topic please?

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Yep, I expected an unfortunate outcome to this event as well considering all of the trigger-happy cops these days. This video really set my mood right for the day, as I like this young man's drive, even if he is being brash and much of an assh*le. Haha!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join