It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police ignore another person with his 2nd Amendment right

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
post by soccerscott

As a responsible firearms owner- people like this really irritate me. I could be wrong- but this guy seems to have gone out of his way to bait the police into showing up, in order to get all this on video (they were certainly prepared for it weren't they??). I am all for the 2nd Amendment, and the 4th- but when you bait the police into a confrontation, you are not only asking for trouble, but you are utilizing resources (=$$$) that might be used elsewhere. Was this really necessary? Does he have to call these police officers names, and use profanity? Again- all for the 2nd, 4th, etc.- but when responsible firearms owners see behavior like this- at least to me- makes me ill.

If you haven't noticed the American PEOPLE are the ones being used for bait. Exercising your rights does not constitute an act of aggression. However, being persecuted, ridiculed and characterized for exercising those rights by our own government should be criminal.

Using the death of innocent children to promote your agenda? That's baiting. And it's sickening.

post by Famouszor

That's ok... I have already been called a crazy person that carries 4 guns.. So I FACE-PALM you back because you failed to understand that the 2nd amendment allows you to bare arms, that means you can buy and own them. That's all. You still need to abide by the state and local laws. But heck.. I'm just a crazy person that failed on a post that knows nothing about gun rights.

Are you questioning my comprehension of the 2cd amendment? You call yourself "crazy". So we do have an agreement of sorts.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
There be some shills on this thread. If that guy was in a uniform be it police or military, none of ya'll would even hate or even take a second look. Since, it's just a plain clothed american all of a sudden asserting his inalienable rights it's a problem. The same people shillin' all day.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What if he meant watch vids like this on his day off? What if he is already retired? What if he is so well off that he doesn't need a job? What if that was a trollish off topic statement that should have been removed?

Pertaining to the vid in the OP I think the cop was right when he said that the gun should be facing pointing up or down.

Although I fully agree with constitutional rights and the exercise of those rights I am of the opinion that he could have handled his weapon a little more carefully.

-Alien

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

freedomSlave
yet again no respect for anyone but himself .

still some people wonder why there is a a gun debate going on down there . Legal or not who in their right mind is gonna feel safe with their kids outside with some moron on his lawn with a rifle.

Well where we live you are the moron for not having a weapon. Especially sitting out on the porch.

Facts, like Phage likes, oh and by the way Phage, video bytes can be imperical evidence. But, the fact is you have the right to sit in your yard with your gun. As long as there is no local ordinance banning it.

Just another over zealous, power drunk police officer. Fortunately, this person will be able to buy lots more guns when his lawsuit settles.

The officer will be lucky to keep his job after losing his city so much money lol..

The Bot

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

qwerty12345
There be some shills on this thread. If that guy was in a uniform be it police or military, none of ya'll would even hate or even take a second look. Since, it's just a plain clothed american all of a sudden asserting his inalienable rights it's a problem. The same people shillin' all day.

TOTALLY AGREE and could not have said in a more plain way myself. I don't see why theres 20 guys on the scene with guns and no ones offended by them having guns but this 1 guy in HIS YARD with a gun somehow ruins peoples day. If my neighbor was to sit in his yard with a frickin ar/ak I would walk out my door and just go about my day like any other. I wouldn't be barricading the doors and hoping the police show up in time to stop him FROM DOING NOTHING MORE THAN SITTING THERE.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I am all for second amendment but this is an exception. Its guys like this that make the second amendment look like a bad idea.

Assault rifles are made to kill whether its for hunting or home defense. As far as home defense and the spacing of the houses, this is not an appropriate weapon for that purpose.

I am with the cops on this one. Since a guy had a loaded assault rifle in plain view, in his yard, in a suburban area, he posed a threat to the safety of people living in the area. This is why the police were called.

Although, the man was pulling off a stunt he could have been shot dead by the cops. This was not a very smart idea on his part.
edit on 20-3-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Polymath

The young man was clearly in the right. The cop stated there was no crime committed, and the weapon wasn't pointed at anyone at all. The fact that they gave it back proves they KNOW they were wrong, and ONLY his strong stance made them admit this, and return the weapon.

No crime, no threat to anyone, and he was harassed, threatened with being shot, and had his property temporarily stolen. The police need serious training on rights, and a formal, public apology to the entire city needs to be made, for the illegal actions of those cops. Shame on the ones that stood silent, too, and didn't speak up against the clear violations.

All the cop had to do was show up, see (clear in the video) that no one was being threatened, ask the young man what his intent was, which he stated (demonstrating his rights), and then drive off. Someone deciding that you "scare" them doesn't make a person a criminal! Some people need to get it through their thick skulls that others have rights, too, and they should be allowed to express them without being called a threat, or anything else (hate speech laws...).

Nice job on the part of this young man!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

eManym
I am all for second amendment but this is an exception. Its guys like this that make the second amendment look like a bad idea.

Assault rifles are made to kill whether its for hunting or home defense. As far as home defense and the spacing of the houses, this is not an appropriate weapon for that purpose.

I am with the cops on this one. Since a guy had a loaded assault rifle in plain view, in his yard, in a suburban area, he posed a threat to the safety of people living in the area. This is why the police were called.

Although, the man was pulling off a stunt he could have been shot dead by the cops. This was not a very smart idea on his part.

The words I have bolded represent the fear tactics, ignorance and bigotry spewed by msm, the government and politically affiliated organizations around the world. They are the harbingers of hate and intolerance that plague and destroy the foundations of the countries they claim to represent.

The blood shed in the name of this Great Nation demands more than passive indoctrinated people too weak and too damned selfish to fight for anything. I believe in us more than that; I still love this country. With that being said ANY person, place or thing that stands against it can and will have to call me their or its enemy.

FEAR IGNORANCE!!!

ETA: Read the words in bold and you'll see the message
edit on CDT50America/Chicago21America/Chicago3931Fri, 21 Mar 2014 00:50:39 -0500000000 by TiedDestructor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I admire brave people who continue teaching as well as reminding ALL OF us about the rights most of us have forgotten about. There is a learning moment here on both sides. I have seen a lot of videos that do it in a very effective, respectful manner. This is NOT one of them. Once you go on the attack and it becomes more about baiting - the ability to teach is lost. Remember, the police can still be reminded and taught what this great country is about. To believe that they are willful participants in some greater conspiracy against are inalienable rights is something I can never subscribe to.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

TiedDestructor

eManym

The words I have bolded represent the fear tactics, ignorance and bigotry spewed by msm, the government and politically affiliated organizations around the world. They are the harbingers of hate and intolerance that plague and destroy the foundations of the countries they claim to represent.

The blood shed in the name of this Great Nation demands more than passive indoctrinated people too weak and too damned selfish to fight for anything. I believe in us more than that; I still love this country. With that being said ANY person, place or thing that stands against it can and will have to call me their or its enemy.

FEAR IGNORANCE!!!

ETA: Read the words in bold and you'll see the message
edit on CDT50America/Chicago21America/Chicago3931Fri, 21 Mar 2014 00:50:39 -0500000000 by TiedDestructor because: (no reason given)

Taking words from my post, out of context, negates my point.
edit on 21-3-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Why do people like you force confrontation to make a point? If it was normal to be outside ones house with an exposed gun id agree.
You forced this event. You are the pinnacle of stupidity. You made me no smarter today, only dumber.

(post by TownCryer removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by eManym

The force is strong with this one

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I would recomment everybody in such a situation (doing a protest etc..2e amendment ,standing somewhere with a rifle)
Have a lawyer directly standing next to you who then can educate the cop(s).
Because apperently IMHO they dont know what the US constitition comprises.

Just my 2 cents on this subject (Video)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
So...Black guy holding same gun and flag...same result? or is he dead, going to jail or in the hospital after getting stomped on?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I don't care if it's within his rights to have the gun. The simple fact is he was in front of his house with a rifle and the police received reports of an armed man on the street. I think the cops handled this perfectly. They arrived on the scene and found a man with a rifle. Were they supposed to walk right up to the guy and start a conversation? For all they know this was a crazy man who would have shot them the second they poked their heads out of the car. The guys attitude seemed to suggest that he was specifically trying to provoke a response from the cops. I'm sorry but the guy was being an obnoxious jerk. I'm all for your rights to own a gun, but show some bloody discretion about it.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Lucikay
So...Black guy holding same gun and flag...same result? or is he dead, going to jail or in the hospital after getting stomped on?

The NAACP would would back him. They actually take care of their own.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroFurrbone

Provide proof of these stories you mentioned, otherwise you're just making things up because you're scarred of guns.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

TiedDestructor

Lucikay

The NAACP would would back him. They actually take care of their own.

Yes, they would back him...well they would back his parents' call for an "investigation" into their son's shooting.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Outstanding

I am so tired of these guys thinking they can do what ever they want

Thank GOD some of us will stand our ground.

Every American should should do this, With that said they expect everyone to be SHEEPLE

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join