It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police ignore another person with his 2nd Amendment right

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

ZeroFurrbone
reply to post by Metallicus

so you have the right to have a gun. Call me when the next day the guy kills his neighbors and no one did a thing because he has "rights"

So let me get this right because I think I heard this before somewhere, you want to remove the rights of natural law this man was born into because of a "pre-crime" you are aware of him committing "someday" (You didn't really specify when exactly. Are your cognitive psychic skills a little off today? Maybe you should take your pills ;-).

Jesus H. Christ, this is why we can't let progressives continue running the country for another 100 years; they are already wanting to gulag and remove the rights of individuals for future infractions the individuals have yet made.

Innocent until proven guilty... This country's people don't even believe in innocence until there's a legitimate suspicion; only a fear of a potential "pre-crime" is needed to revoke an individuals right in the mindset of the newer generations. To those who support such a philosophy, I hope you enjoy the slavery and gulags of useful idiocy; though I fear "free" is not all it's "cracked" up to be.

Do you know who got free healthcare? American slaves. Do you know who got free food? American slaves. Do you know who got free birth control? American slaves. Do you know who got free housing? American slaves. Do you know who didn't have a right to bear arms? American slaves. Why does the left continue to argue for slavery? Don't they know they lost the war over slavery in America once already?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I've only read OPs post so not sure if this has already been posted.

There's two wrongs. Firstly, muscle discipline. If you're going to sling a rifle, it needs to be pointed up or down. Not flagging everybody. Seems like the guy recording was waiting for the cops to come and got what he wanted. Also acted like quite arrogant about the whole situation., then again, he had some leeway but could have been a little more level headed.

Second, the cop shouldn't have taken the rifle. He should have simply approached the man and told him they've received complaints about making people feel uncomfortable by flagging and reminded him about muscle discipline. Tipped his hat and said have a nice day.

That should have been it. The whole situation was blown way out of proportion IMO.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Eh... wasted a few minutes watching that vid... it's just an a$$ exercising his 2nd amendment right, I have no problems with cops dealing with idiots like this. If he wasn't such an a$$ I would be all for him, he doesn't deserve a 2nd amendment right! It's a shame the cops didn't beat the shiz out him, that would of been worth watching....

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Polymath

Because a man or woman with a gun can kill instantly, when one encounters a person wielding a weapon, there's often not enough time available to create a polite dialog. Exactly what kind of response would a responsible gun owner expect to generate brandishing a weapon in puplic - whether he's on his front yard or not. IF that weapon was fired, the bullet would likly be off the shooter's property pretty quickly. Is that when the law should investigate - after the first shot is fired? The guy may not have been breaking any laws. But it doesn't sound like he was very responsible either. Just an opinion.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I can't believe this thread is even being debated. There's nothing to debate. If people don't like the fact that this man can walk the streets with a dozen AR's get the required signatures and have a Constitutional Convention.

Your thoughts, analogies, rhetoric....none of it trumps this mans right to walk around as he pleases with however many weapons he chooses, period...end of story. If you don't like it, please refer to the top three sentences. If you cannot understand the concept of Liberty and Freedom, then go rent Idiocracy and cram some Electrolytes down your gullets. It's what stupid people who know nothing about freedom crave.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
There exist only three types of anti-gun people.

1. Ignorant to the facts. Not enough education into the matter to have an informed opinion.

2. Morons. People who have heard the facts but ignore them in favor of an emotional opinion instead of a reasonable one.

3. Tyrants. People who want to abuse the public and commit crimes want you unarmed and helpless.

Take your pick. There is no good legitimate reason to be anti-firearms private ownership. Ignorance and evil are the only reasons anti-gun people exist.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Polymath

What a STUPID DUMB ASS human....

This is the type of person that SHOULD NOT be allowed to have guns. He thinks he is practicing his rights to bare arms in front of everyone by showing them off.

1. People walking or driving by are not reading the sign, they are seeing guns. They have the rights to call the police.
2. The police has every right to check into the situation and see what is going on.
3. The police have every right to unload and secure the weapons (take them away) until they are sure there is no threat.
4. Just for being stupid, the police have the rights to arrest you for unlawful display of an weapon.
5. Start reading and learning the laws of gun ownership.

Gosh people..... You think you know what you are doing. But you don't.

Get a concealed weapon permit, and keep your gun(s) concealed on yourselves. (The police still can remove them from you for security).

Personally, I carry 4 guns on me all the time. But I don't hold a sign and show them to everyone around me. That would just bring me unwanted problems.

KEEP IT IN YOUR PANTS AT ALL TIMES UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO USE IT!

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Famouszor

There's so much fail in your statement I don't where to start.

So I won't....:facepalm:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Using your analogy....I dislike people who buy Corvettes and drive way too fast showing it off. People like that shouldn't be allowed to own Corvettes.

People show off their guns all the time...they're called gun shows.

I'd be more scared of some crazy tool who thinks they need to strap on 4 weapons concealed than one man with one weapon in the open. You appear to be the crazy one.

I see you've been slugging those Electrolytes by the gallon because the police had absolutely NO right to detain him or his weapon for ANY reason at all if no crime is/was committed. The police were put in their place and that's why they left...which is what you should do to this thread.

Please do not procreate and taint the human gene pool anymore with your backwards thinking.
edit on 20-3-2014 by Miniscuzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
While I support the entirety of the Bill of Rights, I firmly believe that just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should do that something. Savvy? Asking for trouble and being belligerent isn't doing "freedom fighters" any good. This just seems like a clear-cut case of an idiot exercising his rights to be an idiot. There is no reason why I would need to stand in my front yard armed, unless I was looking for some trouble or 15 minutes of fame on the 10 o'clock news.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

ZeroFurrbone
reply to post by Metallicus

so you have the right to have a gun. Call me when the next day the guy kills his neighbors and no one did a thing because he has "rights"

That makes no sense at all. I hate when people do this. Cops do it all the time. "Oh well what if you plowed your car into a school and killed every child in there". Please stop with the "What ifs" and stick to what actually happens. What if all those cops drew their guns and started pulling people out of their cars and executing them? I mean they've got guns and are just as likely as anyone else to go nuts with them.

Just please people stop throwing out these nonsense what if scenarios and then acting like you made any sense. Because you did not.

(post by TownCryer removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SovereignZuul

People who don't agree with you are either stupid or evil, right? Makes complete sense to me. Why don't you rush out and buy another gun. You should get plastic surgery to add a few more arms, so that you can carry a few more of your precious guns. Maybe the NRA will pay for it for you.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

TownCryer
reply to post by Miniscuzz

This is what stupid people (YOU) think freedom is...

Those that cannot attack the thought, instead attack the thinker....just like my signature says. Perhaps next time you decide to write something so witty, try a spoon full of alphabet soup, because it would make more sense.

Freedom is just that...freedom...without limitations.

While I agree the man wanted the attention, at least he's doing something to further a cause he believes in rather than sitting behind a computer screen complaining. When is the last time you fought for something you believed in even if you had to stand alone?? The man is bringing much needed attention to a very serious issue. He opted for shock value because that is all that will ever make the news anyway.

If the cops shot him, they'd have been arrested for sure, lawsuits woulda followed, and who knows how that would change overall policy! Preservation of any amendment is worth one human life wouldn't you say? It will be an activist such as this that will be the first domino to the revolution that must come eventually. You should be thanking him, not belittling him for having the testicular fortitude to stand up in his own way for YOUR rights. You might as well piss in Ben Franklin and Thomas Jeffersons face.

Oh...and any time you'd like to compare brain pans...I'm in

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Two things:

1. I wouldn't give a crap for what you think is witty, or worthy.
2. My response was just as cerebral as the original post.

You don't like it? Who cares?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

TownCryer

Two things:

1. I wouldn't give a crap for what you think is witty, or worthy.
2. My response was just as cerebral as the original post.

You don't like it? Who cares?

Calling someone stupid is intellectual now lol? Try not using the big words...especially when you don't understand their meaning. You didn't refute any points at all...in fact, you seem to have no other argument besides general disagreement while providing no basis for the disagreement to begin with.

You can't use your troll powers of deflection here buddy. This thread was furthered by my comments while you word-vomit nothing which adds to the conversation. It appears I was correct in my assumption that you'd rather complain than stand up for any worthy cause. You are indeed part of the problem and will be culled quickly I'm sure.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
As a responsible firearms owner- people like this really irritate me. I could be wrong- but this guy seems to have gone out of his way to bait the police into showing up, in order to get all this on video (they were certainly prepared for it weren't they??).

I am all for the 2nd Amendment, and the 4th- but when you bait the police into a confrontation, you are not only asking for trouble, but you are utilizing resources (=$$$) that might be used elsewhere. Was this really necessary? Does he have to call these police officers names, and use profanity?

Again- all for the 2nd, 4th, etc.- but when responsible firearms owners see behavior like this- at least to me- makes me ill.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Miniscuzz

Using your analogy....I dislike people who buy Corvettes and drive way too fast showing it off. People like that shouldn't be allowed to own Corvettes.

People show off their guns all the time...they're called gun shows.

I'd be more scared of some crazy tool who thinks they need to strap on 4 weapons concealed than one man with one weapon in the open. You appear to be the crazy one.

I see you've been slugging those Electrolytes by the gallon because the police had absolutely NO right to detain him or his weapon for ANY reason at all if no crime is/was committed. The police were put in their place and that's why they left...which is what you should do to this thread.

Please do not procreate and taint the human gene pool anymore with your backwards thinking.

Using your analogy.... If you want to drive a Corvette way too fast, the law will pull over your ass. Yeah, you are showing off your fast car while dealing with the police. If you were smart enough to start, you would of been driving the speed limit while showing off your nice ride.

Ok.. So you would feel safer walking next to a stranger displaying his gun then walking next to someone with a CPL hiding 4 guns? Great, that is your choice. (I would too feel safer walking pass someone holding a gun too).

Thanks for letting me know I'm crazy. Because I carry 4 guns on myself. (Many police carry 3, plus backups in there car).

The police has every right to do what they did. It's their job to see what is going on and to make sure everyone is safe and secure. (Besides, he never received a ticket or had his gun confiscated).

Too late, I have adult children, with guns from a crazy sperm donor (me). But at least I taught my children how to respect people by following the laws.

P.s. If you hate me so much from this one post I made, then don't read any of my other posts.

Enjoy your fruitful life.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

TiedDestructor

There's so much fail in your statement I don't where to start.

So I won't....:facepalm:

That's ok... I have already been called a crazy person that carries 4 guns..

So I FACE-PALM you back because you failed to understand that the 2nd amendment allows you to bare arms, that means you can buy and own them. That's all.

You still need to abide by the state and local laws.

But heck.. I'm just a crazy person that failed on a post that knows nothing about gun rights.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I agree with one and two, partially agree with three, but the last two are just plain wrong.

He wasn't unlawfully displaying a weapon..it was allowed on his property and it's his right. That's pretty much the law.

I'll catch up on the rest and the other posts tomorrow when I have time.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join