It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian number station UVB-76 went active last night.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Says Shmitty who lost his marbles

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrionStarSeed
Why does the buzzer have a twitter account then? twitter.com... a reply to: tommyjo

Because someone created it on Twitter. Just the same as someone created UVB-76 on twitter

twitter.com...

Does the 4625KHz Twitter account post the codewords transmitted on the HF frequency?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
You are looking at the wrong account this is the account twitter.com... , The difference between the account that you showed me and the one that I posted is there is no constant posting in the one you showed me there is only a couple a day, it's probably someone just going on there once a day and posting a couple times then getting off twitter.And there is only 5,000 something tweets on the account you showed compared to 1.2 million on the one that I posted. There is definitely no one posting the codes because it posts codes all day pretty much every minute.It must be automated like the UVB-76 Buzzer unless there is some weird phenomena going on. A person isnt going to sit on their computer on twitter all day and night and post codes constantley. Like I said the signal stopped in June 2010, and that when the twitter account says it was made, I just find it pretty strange. I never have listened in on UVB-76 to check if they are the same codes. a reply to: tommyjo

edit on 13-8-2015 by OrionStarSeed because: spelling error

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: OrionStarSeed

The messages on that Twitter feed bare no relation to the messages systems used by the Russian command and control.

The Buzzer and other Russian Command and Control stations use the Monolyth format. A combination of figures and words. This is seen on all the Russian Military Morse and Voice command nets.

priyom.org...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I am new to this forum, and I find all this fascinating...

I was looking at priyom.org, and I noticed after all the years UVB has been on air, it really did not start becoming active until early 2003. I went on to research Russian news at that time, and I realized that was when the war in.. Iraq was heating up. Not only that, but the US had jets flying close to the Russian border at that time...

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Michelle302

Incorrect. It had been active for decades and well known within intelligence circles in the west. Nothing to do with Iraq but simply a decades old command and control system. The Russians use a number of these command and control systems employing voice and morse to cover the various military structures within their armed forces. People have been listening to the Buzzer and logging messages for decades. It is only fairly recently that people have made a big deal out of it.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I meant the codes that have been sent out... Has it not become more active over the years? I know the station itself has existed for decades.

But, if I am wrong, that is why I am here.

edit on 20-9-2015 by Michelle302 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Michelle302
I meant the codes that have been sent out... Has it not become more active over the years? I know the station itself has existed for decades.

But, if I am wrong, that is why I am here.

Only because more people have been listening to it. Of course certain events worldwide are going to influence such command and control systems. The Russian military has re-emerged after many years dormant after the Berlin Wall came down. That re-emergence results in more command and control, paper exercises, mobilisations, real exercises, raising of alert procedures, etc. The result is that the various Russian command and control broadcasts are busy these days.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
priyom.org...
nice song and weak morse code or ZAS device printing on background.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: digikas112
priyom.org...
nice song and weak morse code or ZAS device printing on background.

Sounds just like an adjacent commercial radio station not properly tuned in. Note there is no Buzzer markers so it was probably on the other frequency or down for maintenance?

The same goes for the Morse Code. It is a well known Russian Air Defence Morse Code net further up from 4625 Kilohertz. It sends time markers every minute to keep the frequency open.

You have to take into consideration that the recording is using USB. Stations up and down from 4625 Kilohertz will be audible and bleed through. Sometimes the Russian Navy Morse Networks are also heard up near 4625 Kilohertz when listening on USB.

You also get people mucking around on the frequency. Here is one pirate station sending Morse Code on the frequency. See the comments for the Morse decode

The following recording has both Russian Air Defence Morse and Russian Navy Morse audible as they use frequencies near the Buzzer.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Anything new going on with this?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: essentialtremors
Anything new going on with this?

Numbers stations were one of the first things I came across as a kid when I got my first SW receiver...in the early 70s.

You can find them pretty much every day.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
And you can bet they won't be going away anytime soon either!

In fact, I would posit we will even see a large resurgence in numbers stations in the near future as people progressively realize that computers (internet, etc.), despite their outward appearance otherwise, are really not a secure form of communications at all. And, that numbers stations (in all their various forms) truly do provide a 100% secure method of transferring data from point A to point B.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join