It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian number station UVB-76 went active last night.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I slightly just heard something on here about 30 min ago, but now it's still just the same as usual.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hello. I was just reminded of this station, and am going to start monitoring it as much as possible, daily. I don't speak Russian, but if I hear voices I will do my best to make it intelligible for you.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

edit on 26-7-2014 by junkk because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2014 by junkk because: Incorrect information.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperSeeds
Not sure if anyone decoded it yet or not, but im originally from Ukraine and speak perfect russian. The message reads names and numbers but the first letters of the numbers spell TERRA KOTA...which is the russian way of spelling Terracotta....which could mean a number of things, one of which being the ancient Japanese Terracotta army...strange cause of the Crimea thing happening around then as well...this is definitely not gibberish...it has a meaning!

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

think right about what we can not proceed moves away from something that seems false but true acretide this is a real video with nothing in particular at least that's what I think

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Nicolau

First off...... huh?

Second, the video doesn't work.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I don't know if there is any relation but on march 12 Crimeea declared its independence and on march 16 a referendum was held.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It seems that the Buzzer voice transmissions are coming VERY often these days! Very very strange IMHO! Even TWO TIMES A DAY!

Check this out:

priyom.org

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I was listening to UVB-76 (4625kHz) at approximately 12:30am London-UK time GMT:0:00 and I woke this morning 11:30am UK time, to find there is no transmission. Can anyone else confirm this?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Terio

If you are listening to it on your own receiver It will just be down to propagation. Listen later in the evening and the buzzer will be audible. I've just listened in on my receiver in the the UK and it is not audible as of 1150 GMT. The Buzzer also goes down for maintenance but you and me not hearing it will just be down to propagation.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

The propagation issue is the key to the function of the likes of the Buzzer. It is purely for internal use only within the Russian Military District that it is located in. The same goes for the other Russian command and control HF nets such as the Pip and the Squeaky Wheel. The Russians make extensive use of HF VLF/ELF etc for such command and control nets. The Buzzer is simply a channel marker to keep the frequency open. When the Buzzer stops it alerts those units on listening watch that a message is about to be broadcast.

See following for image of HF receiver set up in a Russian military unit tuned and set for the monitoring of the Buzzer. An effective back up solution that has been used for decades by the Russian for command and control/mobilization etc

Image Link of Buzzer receiver

www.dailydot.com...

ru.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

The Buzzer call sign is also seen in Russian Military HF Morse code networks. Note the same code word format on the Morse nets as with the Buzzer Voice ?For example.

'5096 kHz, 01-09, 1333 UTC: XXX XXX MDVB MDVB 94065 KAL’UTA 9279 4162 (1334z)
5096 kHz, 01-09, 1335 UTC: XXX XXX MDVB MDVB 43449 GALX’AN 5437 7452 K (1335z)
5096 kHz, 01-09, 1403 UTC: VVV
5096 kHz, 01-09, 1406UTC: XXX XXX MDVB MDVB 24739 WALXKE RIT 8221 5630 (1405z)
Note:

MDVB is also called by the Buzzer. The morse V is actually the Russian letter Zh in this callsign (same morse character). MDVB is the same as MDZhB.'

Link

edit on 17/2/2015 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

@tommyjo, thanks for clearing that up, I'm new to this kind of thing so I was just very curious. What I don't understand is why do the Russians continue to use an outdated AM station for potentially top-secret information to be broadcasted on?
edit on 17-2-2015 by Terio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terio
a reply to: tommyjo

@tommyjo, thanks for clearing that up, I'm new to this kind of thing so I was just very curious, what are your views on what UBV-70 is used for?

See above post. Simply command and control. The Russians use lots of different nets. UVB-76 is the old Moscow Military District call sign. The new MDZhB is a call sign for Western Military District of Russian Federation. The Russians went through a re-organization hence the change over from UVB-76 to MDZhB.

priyom.org...

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Ask yourself why the Russian Military still uses Morse Code? It is a tried and tested method and perfect as a back up to other forms of data communications.

Have you ever listened to the US Emergency Action Messages?

en.wikipedia.org...

Unless you have the key or the radio book to look up the command codeword / message then they are unbreakable. The same applies to the Russian code word messages. The Russians likely compile the command and control code words say for a month in advance and send them out to the specific units. All the units have to do is look up the specific codeword, receipt it and carry out the command. That could be anything from mobilize for an exercise or place troops on alert etc. Cheap effective and an extremely simple back up.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Here are recordings of two other Russian Command and Control voice networks. Just like the Buzzer they keep the frequency open with a unique channel marker. The following are known as 'The Pip' and the 'Squeaky Wheel'

This is what they sound like for the majority of the time.

'The Pip'

'The Squeaky Wheel'

When the station operator wants to send a message the marker is switched off and the voice message is sent. After the message the marker is switched back on again.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperSeeds

I can't hear it today.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Elephant22

I see nothing on the water fall
websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I have recently came across this Phenomena about the UVB-76 and found it quite interesting, I was going to make a tweet about it on my twitter account Including @4625KHz which was the frequency of UVB-76. When I was doing so I had noticed there was an account twitter.com... I thought it was interesting to see it had a flashing picture cause that made me think of a Signal there for The Buzzer. This is not just some person making a fake account it is constantly putting out tweets every minute sometimes every two, the account was also made in june 2010 which is very confusing cause I came across this video and It stated that "The station transmits using AM with a supressed lower sideband (R3E) but it has also used full double-sideband AM (A3E). The signal consists of a buzzing sound that lasts for 1.2 seconds, pausing for 11.3 Seconds, and repeating 2134 times per minute. Until November, 2010, the buzz tones lasted for approximately 0.8 seconds each. One minute before the hour,the repeating tone was previously replaced by a continuous uninterrupted alternating tone, which continued for one minute until the short repeating buzz resumed, ALL THOUGH THIS NO LONGER OCCURS SINCE JUNE 2010. pretty weird that it stopped the same time the twitter account appeared.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Why does the buzzer have a twitter account then? twitter.com... a reply to: tommyjo

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
A lot of times "useless" transmissions that sound like buzzers or airplane engines or whatnot are simply occupying a certain chunk of bandwidth. When it comes time to use that band, no one will be using it due to the previous interference. We do it too.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join