It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian number station UVB-76 went active last night.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It's so strange how with all these number stations from different countries they all seem to only say names and numbers....Aren't those the names the military uses to spell and stuff? Like Tango means T, Foxtrot means F, etc. I suppose I've also seen these used as locations as well...Russia's USB-76 is funny because they say common Russian names like 'Constatine' and "Yulia' and stuff like that seems more like actual names instead of callsigns....so fascinating
Pretty mind blowing all this spy stuff is going on today and by listening in you couldve just overheard a spy somewhere in the world get their orders...to do what? :O lol great job OP

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lightedhype

Take a look here: www.simonmason.karoo.net...

SO much fascinating information on numbers stations and the like, covering multiple countries and decades. Reading and listening for hours.

You might also enjoy the Conet Project recordings. If you like to creep yourself out, listen to these in a dark room while alone... archive.org...

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
& as eons and eons of time go by... some of these recorded codes from these numbers stations will perhaps be found by an alien civilization. & once they study/translate and decode them... I'm afraid they will run like heck. They will see that the content talks of covert operations and war against one another and probly be disgusted. They will hang their heads in shame and sorrow and leave with the assumption that we still aren't a civilization ready to em-barque into a peaceful transition of exploring the universe(s).

leolady

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by makkerskilap

has no meaning to you , as previously posted these stations are only for the intended listener
who have the decoding details we dont , so its just random gibberish

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I was thinking these number stations might be used to activate deep cover sleeper agents for assassination missions. The US and Russia are doing tit for tat sanctions on each others politicians/business people and maybe someone decided to go further than sanctions in retaliation.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by makkerskilap

The stations transmit a string of letters and/or numbers, which are encrypted messages that can only be decoded with something such as a: en.wikipedia.org...

Or maybe even a book: en.wikipedia.org...

Counter-intelligence agents or anyone else listening to the transmission will be unable to decipher it, since they don't have the proper key, so for example we just hear: Echo, Alpha, Bravo, Foxtrot, Foxtrot, Seven, Whiskey, November, Pegasus, Nine, and so forth, while the intended recipients run that through their cipher key to get the actual message of, "Congratulate all the female comrades for International Day of the Woman." (To use one of the decoded messages from the Atención spy case)

Here is a video deciphering the Numbers Station Easter egg in the hit game Call of Duty: Black Ops:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Just listened to some activity now on 4724 for about a half hour.

Around 835-905 PM EST

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I think they are mostly saying, "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine."

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Here is a good reference for all kinds of utility signals and such.

www.udxf.nl...

UDXF is a great site and their yahoo group is helpful too.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Without going further down the steps, I would like to add some things that might be noteworthy,

Forget the one-time-pad theory. Theres too many holes in that theory. The ex banker lady mentioning a 2nd spieces of humans made me think a bit further, adding numbers stations to the equation.

What about a language above languages?
Like the ppl over at ayndryl are trying to figure out perhaps?
www.ayndrylrecords.forgottenlanguages.org...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And what about the unspoken connections between saturn, our moon, men vs women and "our" average length of life?

one saturn year / one earth year = one moon cycle
one moon cycle * current average male life length today = current year (2014)

You can use this equation backwards in time aswell at any given time, and even if wiki/un/who cant provide exact data of history I will bet my life savings it will match.

example: one moon cycle * average male life length of 1950 = 1950

What it means?
...I was hoping You would answer this

edit on 21-3-2014 by reef75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Anyone decoded it yet. It is time. We have to if we have not yet. It can be anything.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroFurrbone

That's impossible if I'm correct about the nature of these numbers stations as it isn't a two way conversation that is ongoing. In this case the code has only been provided to the asset they wish to activate. It's not a broad range communication to conventional military forces but a once off order to deep cover sleeper agents who only have a few specific tasks. I have read that in the event of war Russia has a list of assassination targets they would strike before they launch their nuclear and conventional assets.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This thread makes me want to buy a shortwave radio. Fascinating stuff!

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Splodge
This thread makes me want to buy a shortwave radio. Fascinating stuff!

Indeed.
I'm too freaked out by the "Fringe" episode featuring number stations to go out & do it though. I like my brain solid.

This is one of the most interesting threads I've come across for a while by the way.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I was listening in at from around 5am GMT to around 7am GMT yesterday, and found LOTS of activity within a few khz of the buzzers frequency on 4625. It ranged from data transmissions to random people talking to Morse code.

The Morse that I picked up was at 4619, before transmitting it started with a squelch type noise, like a data transmission, then a bunch of Morse.

I also picked up chatter on 4629, which is where i first heard the buzzer operating, along with another data transmission sound which emitted every ten minutes or so. I could not pinpoint the language, but it was definitely Eastern European.

Lastly there was also data transmissions from around 4631-4635, same noise just random placing if you will.

Also like some others have mentioned I too heard a US emergency broadcast, ending with MAIN SAIL, and that was at 8992khz. In fact there was also Morse transmitted around that frequency along with two data streams around 10khz before, but this appears normal.

I will be uploading my recordings as soon as I can, just have to bare with me whilst I sought through it.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

schweizer
reply to post by lightedhype

Take a look here: www.simonmason.karoo.net...

SO much fascinating information on numbers stations and the like, covering multiple countries and decades. Reading and listening for hours.

You might also enjoy the Conet Project recordings. If you like to creep yourself out, listen to these in a dark room while alone... archive.org...

Jesus.....I just listened to a few......creepy. the one that sounds like a music box playing and then a childs voice is unnerving.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Yeah, the Conet Project recordings make for some serious heebie-jeebies if you're listening in the dark or alone. Nevertheless, I encourage everyone to have a listen. Another great source of numbers station audio files is Simon Mason's page HERE. It actually lists who "owns and operates" the stations, what they're known for, etc.

For those of you interested in purchasing a shortwave radio, there are many on the market which are reasonably priced and have a ton of features. Check out this article for an excellent writeup: swling.com...

I personally own the Sony ICF-SW7600GR and the Kaito KA1102. I do recommend getting an external antenna to supplement what comes with the basic radio though. It can be as simple as a 50 foot wire strung out.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Terrakota mdgb 81 26 Terrakota over

leolady

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSeeds

The clue to the purpose of The Buzzer (old call UVB-76 / new call MDZhB) is the frequency it is transmitted on and the following image.

The sign reads.

Receiver “ISHIM-003”
Network No.43
Operating Frequency 4625 kHz
Works: Nonstop (or continuously)

You can see the receiver set up on the left with the switch AM. This image was taken in a military centre within the Moscow Military District. The network is listed as "network 43". Simply a simple and effective broadcast command and control network that has served the Russians and Soviets for decades. Other Russian military districts also operate command and control networks with a channel marker transmitted on the frequency to keep it open.

The Buzzer even made an appearance on Russia Today. At 01:20 you can here the explanation of the military broadcast. It also includes a visit to the old hosting building before the comms centre moved to new premises.

The following Russian radio enthusiast website is an excellent source of info. In Russian but well worth running translation on the pages. You can see from Russian radio scanner forum that some of the Russian conscripts knew of "The Buzzer" being set up in their units. The receivers were located in military bases in the Moscow Defence Region.

Link to Russian Radio Scanner Forum on The Buzzer

The Russian forces in the North Caucasus also have a similar broadcast called the Pip.

A former Russian radio technician describes the "Pip" Military Command and Control broadcast for the North Caucasus Military District. The frequencies used are also the clue as to their intended recipients. Low on the HF band with a day and night frequency in order to cover the specific military district.

The Pip link

The Pip

Another Russian command and control broadcast is the Squeaky Wheel.

Going back to the Buzzer a Russian institute used the signal on 4625 KHz for research. The institute is simply using a constant known signal that is transmitted on 4625 KHz. The buzzer has been transmitted on that frequency for decades as is a standard set frequency and know quantity. The institute is simply using it as a set standard.

Link to Russian Journal

I will continue with some info in my next post. As a radio enthusiast that monitors Russian military HF the same message format that the Buzzer uses also appears on the Russian Military Morse Code Networks.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

raedar
Ohhhhh, my. Sounds super creepy.

I have an old friend that is from Russia. Sent her the link to see if there is a translation. I haven't spoken with her in a while, but fingers crossed. Although it may be gibberish code.

Great post!

I'll let you know if I hear back.

Interested in her reaction as it is a secretsleeper cell activation signal. Something wicked this way comes.

The Bot

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join