It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am an Ukranian, and this video must be spread around the world. (video)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
If that is the case.....Why is this not in hoax?

Maybe we should have a thread about those Kuwaiti babies the Iraqis bludgeoned (after stealing their incubators) to keep this garbage company?

Conspiracy Theory Tuesday: Babies Stolen Out of Incubators and Good PR

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by reject

The Tartars are only 5% to 10% of the population.

They are 12.10% of the population as per 2001 consensus.

Ukranians make up 24.32% of the population.

And Russians make up 58.32%.

Let's say that all ETHNIC Russians are siding with Russia, which is not the case but anyway...

Are you claiming that the rights of the 36.42% of the other Crimean people do not matter?

People in Crimea like the Tatars have been prosecuted by the Communists from Russia, to the point that the many Tatars are still living abroad and decided not to go back after the repression and ethnic cleansing they went through.

Before 1944 Tatars accounted for 35.6% of the population in Crimea, being the majority group in Crimea, until they were deported by the Russians. This is the kind of persecution the Tatars, and others feel will happen again under Russia's complete control.

Do people keep forgetting, or just ignoring the fact that KGB operatives are still the ones under control of Russia?... Heck Putin himself was a KGB agent, and the people sitting in power in Russia , including the mafia whose majority, if not all were part of either the KGB, or other sections of the Communist party...

Putin himself has stated in the past that he misses the might of the U.S.S.R. and misses those times...

They actually went to far, even after the so called "fall of the Soviet union", and not that long ago started a propaganda campaign once again portraying Stalin as a hero, claiming that "he just had to do those horrible things he did for the good of the nation of course", meanwhile the Russian forces, under Putin's orders raided a Human Rights organization in Russia which had all the archived files on the atrocities committed by Stalin.

British scholar rails at police seizure of anti-Stalin archive

Historian condemns raid on human rights group as bid to whitewash repression of the Soviet era

Luke Harding in Moscow

The Observer, Saturday 6 December 2008

Eminent British historian Orlando Figes yesterday accused the Russian authorities of trying to 'rehabilitate the Stalinist regime' after armed police seized an entire archive last week detailing repression in the Soviet Union.

Figes, professor of history at Birkbeck, a London University college, condemned the raid on Memorial, a Russian human rights organisation. He said that the police had also taken material used in his latest book, The Whisperers, which details family life in Stalin's Russia.

On Thursday, armed and masked men from the investigative committee of the Russian general prosecutor's office burst into Memorial's St Petersburg office.

After a search of several hours, they confiscated its entire archive - memoirs, photographs, interviews, and other unique documents detailing the history of the gulag and the names of many of its victims.

Yesterday Figes claimed the raid 'was clearly intended to intimidate Memorial'. The confiscated archive included unique documents detailing the 'Soviet terror from 1917 to the 1960s,' he said, adding that the office was 'an important centre for historical research' and a 'voice for tens of thousands of victims of repression in Leningrad'. He said he believed the raid was 'a serious challenge to freedom of expression' in Russia: 'It is part of a campaign to rewrite Soviet history and rehabilitate the Stalinist regime.'

www.theguardian.com...

Let's see some of the other things the Russian government has done under Putin.

Armed Russian police raid homes of anti-Putin activists in huge crackdown which critics describe as a 'return to the days of Stalin'
•10 top Russian activists who represent biggest threat to Stalin are targeted
•Hello1937 was trending on Russian-language version of Twitter - referring to the worst year of Stalin's purges
•More than a dozen officers beat down doors at anti-corruption blogger Alexei Navalny's home

By Will Stewart

PUBLISHED: 10:15 EST, 11 June 2012 | UPDATED: 05:57 EST, 12 June 2012

Armed Russian police today raided the homes of anti-Putin activists today ahead of a mass demonstration in a major new crackdown on dissent.

The fresh wave of arrests was today compared with the days of Stalin by opponents on Russian language Twitter.

Hello1937 was trending on the social networking site - referring to the year 1937 which was seen as the worst for Stalin purges.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

There has been a systematic brainwash to the people in Russia about what Stalin did, and even in schools the Russian government has re-written history to portray Stalin as a hero...

But hey, "the commies are not around anymore, it was all just an invention of the CIA propaganda machine"...

Anyone forgetting the fact that one of Putin's most ardent critics, Alexander Litvinenko, living in the UK was murdered when unexplainably he ingested radioactive materials that was put in his food?... Litivenko was a former officer of the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) and KGB, who fled prosecution from Russia as he has been an ardent opponent of Putin.

What about the deaths of Russian journalists who were critical of Putin and his regime?...

List of journalists killed in Russia

The dangers to journalists in Russia have been well known since the early 1990s but concern at the number of unsolved killings soared after Anna Politkovskaya's murder in Moscow on 7 October 2006. While international monitors spoke of several dozen deaths, some sources within Russia talked of over two hundred fatalities.[1] The evidence has since been examined and documented in two reports, published in Russian and English, by international organizations.

А wide-ranging investigation by the International Federation of Journalists into the deaths of journalists in Russia was published in June 2009. At the same time the IFJ launched an online database[2][3] which documents over three hundred deaths and disappearances since 1993. Both the report Partial Justice[4] (Russian version: Частичное правосудие[5]) and the database depend on the information gathered in Russia over the last 16 years by the country's own media monitors, the Glasnost Defense Foundation and the Center for Journalism in Extreme Situations.

In its September 2009 report the Committee to Protect Journalists repeated its conclusion that Russia was one of the deadliest countries in the world for journalists and added that it remains among the worst at solving their murders. The Anatomy of Injustice[6] (Russian version: Анатомия безнаказанности[7]) offers an account of the deaths of 17 journalists in Russia since 2000. They died or were killed, the CPJ is convinced, because of the work they were doing and in only one case, it notes, has there been a partially successful prosecution.

en.wikipedia.org...

But hey, do not worry... The Russian government sends armed troops and pro-Russian militants and take over the Crimean government, and take off the Crimean flag and fly the Russian flag, that's ok... Everything is okay..
edit on 17-3-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: errors.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
BTW, just so you know that Russia is not even allowing foreign reporters into Crimea, and that there are ethnic Russians who are AGAINST Russia's occupation and are even fleeing, here you have some proof...

Oops, and here are the Ethnic Russian celebrating their return to the motherland...

"Ethnic Russians in Donetsk decide not to celebrate Crimea poll"

I guess there are many Russians who also didn't want to be part of the old motherland once again... I wonder why?...

OMG, I MUST be a CIA agent... no wait, EVERYONE who doesn't think like you is a CIA agent and a propaganda mouthpiece...

edit on 17-3-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Hook. Line. Sinker.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
A Russian journalist tells how she was able to vote at Crimea even though she has a Russian passport. She is a citizen of Russia, and she even told them this at the poll but accepted her vote... Nothing to see here folks, everything is alright...

I wonder how many Russian citizens, and including the Russian military that were sent to Crimea also voted in favor for joining crimea with Russia even though these voters are Russian citizens...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
An Ukrainian midshipman who brought food to Ukranians apparently somewhere in the Ukraine itself since the Ukrainian midshipman asks who are they, and why are they in his land? To which the pro-Russian soldier states "so what?"...

The Ukrainian midshipman is not armed, meanwhile the three thugs who are just dressed in green and I don't see any patches in their clothes that would identify them, are armed as you can see. This means that either they are mercenaries, or "for some reason" don't want to be identified as Russian soldiers in Ukrainian territory.

(I was mistaken this happened in Sevastopol Crimea, March 6, 2014)

Still, the midshipman is not armed and is just trying to bring food for Ukrainians who are part of Crimea.

edit on 17-3-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: errors.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Sparkymedic

In this case, it seems I have no choice but to attack your "facts". Your OP has been totally ripped apart by MANY on here and other websites. Are you on the State Dept./ NED pay roll? Seriously, why are you picking sides here? There are no side to choose. If Ukraine was serious about wanting a better future it would break from the status quo and you wouldn't have it allowing US/EU meddling.

No, all you have been doing is throwing insults as if that was proof and making claims without any real corroborating evidence.

You offer nothing but insults because that's all you have.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

it appears tartars boycotted the referendum altogether...

At any rate, 97% overwhelmingly wants to be united with Russia.

Would you rather a bloody and violent overthrow of leadership like they did in Kiev or a peaceful democratic process like what happened in Crimea?

Which do you think is more legitimate, a coup d'état or a referendum?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

reject

it appears tartars boycotted the referendum altogether...

At any rate, 97% overwhelmingly wants to be united with Russia.

Would you rather a bloody and violent overthrow of leadership like they did in Kiev or a peaceful democratic process like what happened in Crimea?

Which do you think is more legitimate, a coup d'état or a referendum?

Wow...ok... Here is AGAIN the question, I showed that Tatars in Crimea constitute 12.10% of the population... That alone should tell you it is IMPOSSIBLE that 97% voted to be united with Russia... Then there are 24.32% of the population in Crimea who are Ukrainians... Those two alone constitute 36.42% of the population of Crimea...
en.wikipedia.org...

Then again I also showed how even some ethnic Russians are against Crimea joining with Russia... I also showed as a Russian journalist was able to prove that they allowed RUSSIAN CITIZENS to vote in Crimea...

You have to wonder how in the world they got the 97% vote to join Russia... But everything is fine and dandy folks...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I don't know if you are trolling your own thread or just slow but it was 97% of the people that voted, voted for yes, not a 97% turn out....

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

sosobad

I don't know if you are trolling your own thread or just slow but it was 97% of the people that voted, voted for yes, not a 97% turn out....

Yet more insults and derogatory comments... So, you are telling me that 36.42% of the population which constitutes Ukrainians and Tatars didn't vote?... People who have showed concern for the situation in their country?.... People who have protested in Crimea?... Then there are the ethnic Russians, like the ethnic Russian family who lived in Crimea who also say they are against the joining of Crimea with Russia, and escaped from Crimea... and I am the slow one?...
edit on 17-3-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

ElectricUniverse

sosobad

Yet more insults and derogatory comments... So, you are telling me that 36.42% of the population which constitutes Ukrainians and Tatars didn't vote?... People who have showed concern for the situation in their country?.... People who have protested in Crimea?... Then there are the ethnic Russians, like the ethnic Russian family who lived in Crimea who also say they are against the joining of Crimea with Russia... and I am the slow one?...

Yes you are

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
You couldn't grasp why it was 97% and I told you, if the other 36% were concerned with what was happening they should have voted.
edit on 17-3-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sosobad

lol

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

sosobad

Insults, insults and more insults. That's all you and some others have.

There is proof that has been given BY RUSSIAN CITIZENS IN CRIMEA, that Russian citizens have been allowed to vote in Crimea... VOTER FRAUD is how they got the 97% percent....not because 36.42% of Tatars and Ukrainian, plus who knows how many ethnic Russians who didn't want Crimea to join Russia, didn't vote...

edit on 17-3-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: Not going to derail the thread by responding also with insults.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Ok I'll try this one more time real slow for you, it was reported that that 73% of the population voted, you still with me? OF that 73%, 97% voted yes and 3% voted no. There was independent international sources to oversee the vote count. You following? So it was wasn't 97% turn out, just a 97% yes vote, what is so hard to grasp about that?

Eta: How you are still getting stars for not being able to work that out is shocking.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

sosobad

Ok I'll try this one more time real slow for you, it was reported that that 73% of the population voted, you still with me? OF that 73%, 97% voted yes and 3% voted no. There was independent international sources to oversee the vote count. You following? So it was wasn't 97% turn out, just a 97% yes vote, what is so hard to grasp about that?

Eta: How you are still getting stars for not being able to work that out is shocking.

BTW, congrats, you and your other unfriendly neighborhood friends who have been doing nothing but throw insults at me for a couple of days now made me finally derail my own thread...

You need to take some math classes btw.

"Crimea Referendum: Ethnic Russians and Tatars protest 'illegal'...

Yet the not so smart in here want to claim 97% of voters in Crimea voted in favor even though there is clear evidence of voter fraud, intimidation tactics, threats, and bribes have been found to occur in the voting process in Crimea, and there is a large percentage of people in Crimea including ethnic Russians who have been protesting against Crimea rejoining Russia. But somehow those not so smart around here want to claim there was a 97% approval among voters in Crimea?...

Congratulations, those of you who have kept on insulting me can't add 1+1 together. Here is a cookie thou.

edit on 17-3-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: edit comments.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I give up you clearly have a learning difficulty of some kind, enjoy your short bus to school tomorrow

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Watch this again, I don't think you get it.

I don't know the absolute truth, I am a spectator. But the US has done this several times in the past in different countries.
edit on 17-3-2014 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2014 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

bitsforbytes

www.youtube.com...

Watch this again, I don't think you get it.

A film made by an American with apparently no links with anyone from the conflict area, and heavily edited video showing just part of what "could" been going on there, and of course showing no references to tell us that indeed what is seen in the heavily edited video happened in the Ukraine, or again, in what context those things were happening...

Yep, a very unbiased and educational source for some I guess.

Did you miss all the evidence I presented about voter fraud, intimidation, Russian, and pro-Russian military forces controlling access to airports, not allowing foreign media into Crimea, the fact that even ethnic Russians who are citizens of Crimea alongside Tatars and Ukrainians, who are citizens of Crimea, have been protesting against joining Crimea with Russia...

Heck, even a RUSSIAN journalist showed that the Russian government allowed Russian citizens to vote in Crimea, but hey it was all legal and 97% of the people of Crimea who voted were in favor of joining Russia...

edit on 17-3-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join