It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am an Ukranian, and this video must be spread around the world. (video)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

bitsforbytes
I don't know the absolute truth, I am a spectator. But the US has done this several times in the past in different countries.
edit on 17-3-2014 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2014 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

Why do people keep on trying to derail the thread?... This thread is not about Iraq... Ukraine and Crimea are not Iraq, or Afghanistan.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This is nothing but western sponsored propaganda. Crimea will be and should be part of Russia. The west needs to stay out of this one for its own good. I think the coup was organized by the west and Russia decided to put a stop to their ambitions. I also don't believe it was the deposed Ukrainian leader who is responsible for shooting the protesters, I believe it was the ones currently in power in Kiev. They had everything to gain by doing it and nothing to lose.

I don't believe anything western media has to say on this matter. It is very clear that the people of Crimea want to be part of Russia........So let them be part of Russia. Problem solved.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkmask

Riiight, so the fact that even a Russian journalist was able to prove that there has been voter fraud, and the Russian government allowed Russian citizens to vote in Crimea... The fact that not only are, and were, the Tatars, the Ukranians and even at least some ethnic Russians who have protested against Crimea rejoining Russia, but somehow 97% of the voters were in favor of joining Russia?...

Sorry, but your claims don't hold water. You are making a lot of unvalidated claims.
edit on 17-3-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
So what options do they have? Corrupt Ukrainian politicians? Surrendering to Russia? That really sounds like it. It seems as if America supports the Ukrainian government being put back in place, doesn't sound like the people want that. It is reported that the Ukrainian people want to become one with Russia, America doesn't want that. As far as becoming democratic, I don't see that happening. Going against Russia would be a BAD move. They are in there homeland and are as powerful as America and will have much more resources at their disposal.
Just sad and it's a dead end, figuratively and literally.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Uh Crimea was part of Russia right up until the 1950's when Khrushchev the leader of the USSR and a native Ukrainian symbolically gave the region to the Ukraine. Most Crimeans Identify themselves as Russian, you can't dispute that. It would be like if in the 1950's the US president gave Montana to Canada and now most of the people living there still identify themselves as Americans and voted to rejoin with the USA.

None of my claims are inaccurate. You need to polish up on your history.

edit on 17-3-2014 by Darkmask because: spelling

edit on 17-3-2014 by Darkmask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hr2burn

First, the choice was more against the west and Russia. Second, there is ample evidence of voter fraud that even a Russian journalist was able to prove as she was allowed to vote as a Russian citizen on whether Crimea should join Russia or not.

Third, before the Russian forces invaded, the Congress and Parliamentary building were flying the CRIMEAN flag, the Russians entered by force, took down the Crimean flag and raised the Russian flag.

There is evidence of intimidation tactics, and threats done by Russian troops and their thugs. There is evidence that people were bought and who knows how many succumbed to temptation since the Russian government controls the ports in Crimea and controls the pipelines which are the main source of jobs in Crimea. The Russians used tactics such as making sure there were not jobs and blamed it on the UN... Foreign media is not allowed in Crimea and food aid for Ukranians who are Crimean citizens was/is not allowed to enter Crimea...

All of that, and more shows this was not an open and transparent process. Quite the contrary.

The Crimeans should have had a third choice. THEIR CHOICE of equal rights to the majority, and to minorities who are part of a very large percentage of Crimea.

There have been even ethnic Russians who protested alongside ethnic Ukranians and Tatars, all of them who are citizens of Crimea. No one in their right mind would believe that 97% of the people who voted voted in favor... Sorry, but there is no way.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

And how do you know this "Russian journalist" is telling the truth? You don't. You can only speculate on the matter and have no way of verifying this information.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Yea it piss me off when they call them neo nazi and ish. It's anarchists. Anarchists are people who hate their form of government, so they have to tear it down to recreate a better one.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
clearly american propaganda that shows only what they want you to see.

i dont understand why americans have to be involved eveytime in other countries affairs. world police? according to whom?
?
it was like this in the nam,korea,cuba (bay of pigs), iraq (WMD's really?), afghanistan, libya, syria, etc. leave those countries to solve their own problems and stop interfering and/or taking sides because of economic interests. USA government is the face of hypocrisy.

edit on 17-3-2014 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Darkmask

And how do you know this "Russian journalist" is telling the truth? You don't. You can only speculate on the matter and have no way of verifying this information.

Another similar occurrence of voter fraud.

Voter Fraud in Crimea, Ukraine. CNN Filmed Stuffing Ballots on Camera!!! March 16, 2014

Evidence of a voter dropping 2 ballots. Not to mention the fact that the CNN reporters state that there were pro-Russian troops presence at the poll stations which they mention on the CNN news.

Voting fraud secured pro-Russian majority in Crimean parliament

It was just overnight that Crimea requested to be part of Russia, and the Ukrainian peninsula got an unpopular pro-Russian prime minister. How did it happen?

Per Kristian Aale, Jan T. Espedal (photo)

Oppdatert: 09.mar. 2014 18:49

LES NORSK VERSJON AV ARTIKKELEN HER.

Member of the Crimean parliament Nicolay Sumulidi voted for the proposal to hold a referendum on joining Russia. At least this is what the official voting records say. The problem is, however, that he was never present.

It was 04:30 in the morning on Thursday last week that several dozens of masked soldiers, armed with Kalashnikov-rifles, stormed into the regional assembly in Simferopol. At dawn, the Russian tricolor was flying over the parliament building.

Russia’s president Vladimir Putin says he has no plans to annex the Crimea, but maintains that the citizens must be allowed to decide for themselves. Aftenpostens correspondent interviewed a dozen members of the regional assembly, and talked to a number of central players and eyewitnesses. The conclusion is that the peoples will is far from deciding events in the Crimea.

It was just after 9 in the morning when Sumulidi received a telephone call. He was told to come to the parliament as soon as possible. If he didnt, it would have bad consequences for himself and his family. Sumulidi put the receiver down.

- I had no intention to go. During the last months we have seen more and more clearly what direction events are taking, he said.

Traveling women

Week after week Russian television has asserted that antisemites and neonazis are on the advance in the Ukraine, attacking ethnic Russians. The new leadership in Kiev are fascists. Several TV-companies showed footage from a number of Ukrainian cities, where two women were crying in front of the cameras, and told that they had been beaten because they were speaking Russian.

The following days saw the start of large pro-Russian demonstrations. Later, it turned out that the two crying women had been travelling from town to town, and several media disclosed that many demonstrators had been brought in from Russia by buses.

After the demonstrations had continued for several weeks, the masked soldiers entered the Crimean parliament building. The elected representatives who showed up were stripped and had their cell phones confiscated. No journalists were allowed in. Behind closed doors – while armed soliders were watching – they sacked the government, announced a referendum on independence from Ukraine and elected Sergey Aksyonov to be prime minister. In the elections in 2010, Aksyonovs party, Russian Unity, won only 4 per cent of the votes and 3 of the 100 seats in the assembly

www.aftenposten.no...

Here is another interesting part...

Too few present

Rules require that at least 51 representatives be present in order to hold a qualified vote. The new goverment says 61 members of parliament took part. Aftenposten’s research shows, however, that only 36 were present.

- The system which registers who voted, and what we voted for or against, shows I did cast a vote. But I was not there. Neither were a large majority of my colleagues, says Sumulidi. Representative Irina Klyuyeva also participated in the vote, according to the official records, but she was not present either.

- I didnt want to go, because I knew what was going to happen. Only pro-Russia representatives were present, and they numbered far below 50. In other words, a legal vote was not possible, she tells Aftenposten.

But Dmitry Polonsky, vice chairman of the party, says «it was the people who decided that we needed a new government and a referendum. This is our will, nobody is forcing us».

www.aftenposten.no...

And some more interesting info...

Asked for Russia to intervene

Only 36 hours after Aksyonov became prime minister, he declared that he himself is the leader of both the police and security services. He also urged Russia to intervene in order to protect the Crimea. Two hours later Putin requested, and immediately received, permission to invade the Ukraine.

Thousands of masked soldiers pushed into the Crimea. They took control over airports, railway stations and other strategic installations, and surrounded Ukrainian military bases. Russian naval ships blockaded Ukrainian military vessels in the harbour.

President Putin maintained the soldiers were «local selfdefence groups» – not Russian – but numerous masked men confirmed to Aftenpostens correspondent that they came from Russia.

The soldiers were supported by thousands of self-appointed vigilantes, and Russian cossacs entered Simferopol to guard the parliament and government building.

- This is a well organized coup. I refused to take part in the vote because it is illegal, says parliament-member Refat Chubarov, who is also a leader of the Crimean Tatars.

www.aftenposten.no...

And...

Settled long ago

The parliament in Simferopol resolved on Thursday last week to separate from Ukraine, and expedite a referendum on whether to join Russia on March 16. The next day, Moscow rolled out the red carpet to receive Aksyonov. Leaders of the Russian national assembly told him the Crimea is welcome to become a part of Russia, if the citizens want to. This is the strongest signal yet, that Russia is going to annex the pensinsula.

The Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) tried to send a group of observers into the Crimea, but they were rejected several times by armed soldiers. Representatives from the UN and other international organisations have been literally chased off the grounds.

www.aftenposten.no...

edit on 17-3-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Earlier I showed a video on how Russian soldiers ordered a BBC journalist to leave, and the journalists could not enter Crimea. The Russian government wants to control the flow of information into and from Crimea for a reason, and it is not for "for the good of the Crimean people"...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Darkmask

She showed her Russian passport. She only had a permit to work in Crimea as a journalist, and she discovered the fact that Russian citizens were being allowed to vote...

It has been stated by the Russian media that the military would be allowed to vote in Crimea but they would go in on civilian clothes so as to not cause a panic. We know as a fact that voter fraud was done, that the pro-Russian people at every poll allowed Russian citizens to vote. It is not that far off to believe that there is a high probability that the Russian soldiers that were sent to Crimea also voted in civilian clothes knowing all the other dirty tactics used by the Russian government.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

lol cnn as a source?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Russians we're aloud to vote in previous elections

Not Russia speaking Ukrainians but Actual Russian Russia's

Becomes more of a joke the more the facts come out

www.ctvnews.ca...

edit on 17-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Welcome to Western style Democracy where everyone gets a vote, citizens, military, illegal aliens, dogs, cats, just everyone. The US trend for allowing the dead to vote did not catch on in Crimea.

P

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

pheonix358

Welcome to Western style Democracy where everyone gets a vote, citizens, military, illegal aliens, dogs, cats, just everyone. The US trend for allowing the dead to vote did not catch on in Crimea.

P

I think you misunderstand what I said

Russian Russians where allowed to vote

IE... People from Russia who lived in Russia, the rigging is being blown wide open and exposed by many reporters and citizens, locals are saying as little as 30% turned out, and now the Crimea is on a knife edge,

Turkey is now threatening to close the Black Sea passage to Russia's black fleet, let's see how Russia fairs directly bulling a NATO member

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by amfirst1

"Yea it piss me off when they call them neo nazi and ish. It's anarchists. Anarchists are people who hate their form of government, so they have to tear it down to recreate a better one."

What?? I'm an Anarchist. I don't hate my "form of Government" I hate Government. If it was Anarchists in Ukraine, they would not tear down the Government to recreate a better one, they would tear down the Government and never allow another Government to form.
So until they reject the USA, EU, Russia or a Ukrainian Government I would have to disagree that it's anarchists.

As Vendetta Kingz song goes "War never changes, Government is dangerous" That's all forms of Government, Leadership, Hierarchy.

edit on 18-3-2014 by paddz420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

paddz420
reply to post by amfirst1

"Yea it piss me off when they call them neo nazi and ish. It's anarchists. Anarchists are people who hate their form of government, so they have to tear it down to recreate a better one."

What?? I'm an Anarchist. I don't hate my "form of Government" I hate Government. If it was Anarchists in Ukraine, they would not tear down the Government to recreate a better one, they would tear down the Government and never allow another Government to form.
So until they reject the USA, EU, Russia or a Ukrainian Government I would have to disagree that it's anarchists.

As Vendetta Kingz song goes "War never changes, Government is dangerous" That's all forms of Government, Leadership, Hierarchy.

So you're saying you'd rather the world have no government and no rules

That would be kaos and a far more dangerous world

I suggest the next time you're unhappy protest for change it does work

The world is still developing but going forward and progressing never the less, but im recent days it's 1938 all over again

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

No, I'm just saying what anarchy stands for, not the faux anarchy amfirst1 mentions. You can call it "kaos" if you want, but "a far more dangerous world" I sincerely doubt it.
The only people who cause problems are those with desire for power over others, true anarchy should completely eliminate the ability and desire (well make it so dangerous no one chooses) to be a leader.
Currently we have a system where leaders and elite's live by an anarchistic system, while the majority of people live under these leaders/anarchists dictatorships/democracies. Anarchy for everyone is the most fair and equal system we can have.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

paddz420
reply to post by TritonTaranis

No, I'm just saying what anarchy stands for, not the faux anarchy amfirst1 mentions. You can call it "kaos" if you want, but "a far more dangerous world" I sincerely doubt it.
The only people who cause problems are those with desire for power over others, true anarchy should completely eliminate the ability and desire (well make it so dangerous no one chooses) to be a leader.
Currently we have a system where leaders and elite's live by an anarchistic system, while the majority of people live under these leaders/anarchists dictatorships/democracies. Anarchy for everyone is the most fair and equal system we can have.

I beg to different and call on history for proof

Let's look at the makings of Greece, many tribes fought for years with each other before being united in kingdoms regions etc, then somebody united them all under one flag to war with other nations

It's a progression

You can't have a world without a system it tends to want to organise and repeat itself if Ukraine's anything to go by, riles get broke the systems does t work

And trust me, so done will want to be the leader and you cannot retire the human brain
edit on 18-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join