It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am an Ukranian, and this video must be spread around the world. (video)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

sosobad
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

No the subject of your thread was the video and how you wanted to share it, it was even the title of your thread and I am countering it with my responses....

From your OP

You are twisting what I actually wrote... read my entire thread and do not take things out of context. You can't tell what a person is trying to convey by just reading the "title of their tread"...

From my original first post.

ElectricUniverse
I am posting these videos and info to support the rights of the Ukranian and Crimean people, as well as my cousin and his wife's efforts to show the real situation of what is happening in the region.

sosobad
And now I am telling you how it is just a propaganda film.

Again, just because you say so, doesn't make it so. You need to convey an intelligent, concise argument instead of taking comments out of context.

sosobad
ETA Crimea apparently does want to be part of Russia the way the vote went....
edit on 16-3-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

Oh yeah, the way the vote went...

Conflict fears rise after pro-Russian gunmen seize Crimean parliament

Harriet Salem in Simferopol, Shaun Walker in Kiev, and Luke Harding

The Guardian, Thursday 27 February 2014

Gunmen storm Crimea's regional administrative complex in Simferopol and hoist Russian flag above parliament building

Fears of a major regional conflict in Crimea pitting Russia against the west intensified on Thursday after pro-Russian gunmen seized the regional government and parliament building in a well co-ordinated military operation, while similar groups were on Friday morning controlling access to the airports of Simferopol and Sevastopol.

Early on Friday morning about 50 armed gunman reportedly marched into Simferopol's airport after arriving in Kamaz trucks. They first cordoned off the domestic terminal and then moving on to other areas. Russia Today described them as similarly dressed and equipped to the "local ethnic Russian 'self-defence squads'" that seized the parliament and government buildings.

www.theguardian.com...

I posted the above in my first post in this thread which shows you didn't bother to read the whole thing.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

pheonix358
Why is it that the presenter is always either a beautiful young lady or a hansom man. Everything is right. Good makeup / good hairstyle both just touched up.

Why do you even ask at all?

They obviously wanted a favorable reaction.

That is simply how the world(/universe?) works.

Humans, probably even other animals, are hardwired to love the beautiful.

Anyway, the current Ukrainian leadership wasn't voted for in a democratic process so I don't think they have any right to say the Crimean referendum isn't legitimate; proverbial pot calling the kettle black.

Would they prefer a bloody Crimean uprising against Ukraine instead?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

sosobad

You seem to be losing it a small bit, what do those links have to do with the video you posted? The wiki links I posted had something to do with your video but your wiki links don't. You seem to want to derail your own thread. I know the pretty girl in the video made you feel sorry for her and probably gave you a funny feeling in your pants but the video is propaganda. Sorry

How in the world am I derailing my own thread when I am using the same source of info you used, in this case Wikipedia, to convey the fact that the Ukranians want their freedom?

For crying out loud, how many times do I need to explain myself?

How can I be pro-UN when I have spoken against the UN before?...

How can I be pro-Obama administration when I have spoken against many of their policies?...

I have ALWAYS stated that people in each region should be seeking their own form of government...

I am FOR Ukranian and Crimean freedom, and FOR their right to choose their own form of government...

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

However, it is also true that makeup can make an ordinary woman very beautiful... This doesn't show "propaganda".

The poster you were responding to seems to be claiming that people have to be ugly, and dirty to be telling the truth.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

And Crimea is, the vote is currently at 95.5% in favor of rejoining Russia, by your own admission that is acceptable, yes? The people of Crimea voted for what they want and they want to be part of Russia.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

sosobad

And Crimea is, the vote is currently at 95.5% in favor of rejoining Russia, by your own admission that is acceptable, yes? The people of Crimea voted for what they want and they want to be part of Russia.

And you keep ignoring the fact that pro-Russian military forces took over the Crimean government by force, as well as access to Crimean airports... I wonder why they would do that... But you go on and keep claiming "the Crimean people are in favor of Russia"...
edit on 16-3-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: correct errors.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

She can believe everything she's saying and still have an ulterior motive for her actions. Example, if the emotional state of patriotism is the intended expression then it's easier to 'be' that person. Not 'acting', but 'being' the person.. if the emotional goal is known then the words could flow naturally in pursuit of that expression. Actors do it all the time, a script is not needed if you know what direction the emotion is heading in. I've written screen plays and performed them on stage and had the audiences in tears without writing a single script. I understand what you are saying but your opinions on the matter are not an exact science, not written in stone is all I'm saying.

Again, aside from that. She may be for real but that video is being used by very powerful people that will never reveal their real motives!

PS. I don't believe she is real. It's a con.
edit on 16-3-2014 by sasquatch5100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Look at the news, the people of Crimea are going crazy celebrating or are they being forced to do it at gun point?! But you know better, why not study their body language or see if their eyes go left to right, the whole lot of them must be lying.....
edit on 16-3-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It does indeed look a bit too perfect. Anyhow, if the people of Ukraine want to be free to speak their mind and not have politicians that only work for themselves while not giving a damn about the citizens, then they better give the EU/NATO a wide berth. I'd wager, if they had already been members of the EU and protested the way they did, things would have gone at least as ugly, since in the EU it is perfectly legal to shoot rioters. They also have an international police force for such things, incase the local troops refuse to shoot their own countrymen.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

sasquatch5100

She can believe everything she's saying and still have an ulterior motive for her actions. Example, if the emotional state of patriotism is the intended expression then it's easier to 'be' that person. Not 'acting', but 'being' the person.. if the emotional goal is known then the words could flow naturally in pursuit of that expression. Actors do it all the time, a script is not needed if you know what direction the emotion is heading in. I've written screen plays and performed them on stage and had the audiences in tears without writing a single script. I understand what you are saying but your opinions on the matter are not an exact science, not written in stone is all I'm saying.

Except for the fact that most people are not well versed in reading body language, not to mention that most can't see your eyes that well on stage.

sasquatch5100
Again, aside from that. She may be for real but that video is being used by very powerful people that will never reveal their real motives!

I do agree with you on that. There are always people, and political factions who try to use the emotions of the people for wanting their freedom. However, the fact that there will always be political factions who want to take advantages of situations and crisis doesn't mean that the people do not want real change for the better.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I just watched 40 minutes of unarmed people trying to rescue other unarmed people, while being shot.... is that propaganda too?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

ElectricUniverse

sosobad

And you keep ignoring the fact that pro-Russian military forces took over the Crimean government by force, as well as access to Crimean airports... I wonder why they would do that... But you go on and keep claiming "the Crimean people are in favor of Russia"...
edit on 16-3-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: correct errors.

Crimea’s referendum looks like voting in Italy – foreign observer

“I have seen no violations there. People have been voting as usual. Nothing out of the ordinary. Everything is like at elections in Italy. The way it should be everywhere,” Berto said. The Italian observer said the plebiscite was being held “amid complete freedom and democracy.”

Also, he noted the high turnout.
95%? It looks like even the Tartars want to join Russia.

The people have spoken

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

what about seeing someone's eyes on film, like hers? I've done both. body language is also not an exact science. I personally believe it's a con to continue to get people riled up on both sides, I could be wrong. but both sides will need funding and both will fight a public opinion battle. if both sides get more funding then both go further into debt.

I hope the Ukrainian people win and get their independence but it will be an uphill battle!

never underestimate the other guy, you can be conned too.
edit on 16-3-2014 by sasquatch5100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
using a pretty girl to make propaganda.... why didn't i think of that?!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me how in the world Crimeans voted freely when the Russian government took over the Crimean government and took access to their airports with military pro-Russian forces?

I could show you demonstrators who are against joining Russia, which includes Tatars.

Watch this to see the intimidation tactics the Russians are making.

These people have been against occupation from both Nazis and Communists. They should have their own nation, not have to rely on the Russian government.

Russia should have allowed them to vote freely, instead they are being bribed, and being shown that the Russian military would use force, and they are being told that there would be no jobs if they don't join Russia...

Freedom should be for everyone, not just for either the majority, nor just for the minority. Majority and minorities both should have equal rights.

The Russian government controls the ports in Crimea, which in turn makes them the controller of the majority of jobs in Crimea and the cause for the lack of jobs.

edit on 16-3-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: correct sentence.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Agreed! This video was WAY too well done to not be propaganda of some kind. It's calling for international intervention in sovereign state affairs, which is odd. The Ukrainian government should be able to handle some diplomatic talks with Russia to sort this old-world soviet issue out. The world doesn't want another long and drawn out war.

pheonix358
Very professional video. Too good perhaps.

Why is it that the presenter is always either a beautiful young lady or a hansom man. Everything is right. Good makeup / good hairstyle both just touched up. Where is someone ordinary.

Why is she speaking English?

The whole thing seems to me to be very professional, in fact, way too so.

I lean towards 'Just another dose of Propaganda aimed at ones emotions'

To the OP, thank you for finding this. Either way it is good to see.

P

edit on 16/3/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Morale of the story, if you want to be believed on ATS your best being butt ugly. Guess I should leave and take my goodlooking face else where

(post by algag1129 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

pheonix358
Very professional video. Too good perhaps.

Why is it that the presenter is always either a beautiful young lady or a hansom man. Everything is right. Good makeup / good hairstyle both just touched up. Where is someone ordinary.

Why is she speaking English?

The whole thing seems to me to be very professional, in fact, way too so.

I lean towards 'Just another dose of Propaganda aimed at ones emotions'

To the OP, thank you for finding this. Either way it is good to see.

P

edit on 16/3/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join