It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 229
<< 226  227  228    230  231  232 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Not good if true;

Residents of remote islands in the Maldives spotted a “low flying jumbo jet” on the morning the MH370 disappeared, according to local news site – Haveeru.

The islands are outside both the northern and southern flight corridors currently being searched – they are roughly mid way between the two. It is also very late to be getting sketchy eyewitness reports of something that happened more than 10 days ago, but here’s the story.

Several residents of Kuda Huvadhoo told Haveeru on Tuesday that they saw a “low flying jumbo jet” at around 6:15am on March 8.

They said that it was a white aircraft, with red stripes across it – which is what the Malaysia Airlines flights typically look like.

Eyewitnesses from the Kuda Huvadhoo concurred that the aeroplane was travelling North to South-East, towards the Southern tip of the Maldives – Addu. They also noted the incredibly loud noise that the flight made when it flew over the island.

“I’ve never seen a jet flying so low over our island before. We’ve seen seaplanes, but I’m sure that this was not one of those. I could even make out the doors on the plane clearly,” said an eyewitness.

www.theguardian.com...

It would support the Westward turn and then Thailand saying it wasn't detected by it's Northern radar.
edit on 18-3-2014 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by liteonit6969

I am pretty sure that's a Boeing 737 there.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Here's another theory. (Sorry if discussed before, didn't read al 220+ pages):

According to the Kremlin, the disappearance was due to "suspicious cargo" offloaded from the Maersk, in which two navy seals died under suspicious cicumstances days before.

It's a stretch, but so are other theories.

"What first aroused GRU suspicions regarding the MV Maersk Alabama, this report continues, was that within 24-hours of off-loading this “highly suspicious” cargo load bound for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, the two highly-trained US Navy Seals assigned to protect it, Mark Daniel Kennedy, 43, and Jeffrey Keith Reynolds, 44, were found dead under “suspicious circumstances".

www.infowars.com...
edit on 18-3-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

DrHammondStoat
reply to post by jsl2837

First of all, I'm not sure an AWACs plane 'jams' things, I could be wrong.

Secondly I don't think civillian radar 'lost' the plane but military radar could see it flying for another hour which = plane invisible to one radar and not the other - as the theory is saying

Malaysias civillian radar could see a plane, but could not identify it due to the transponders being turned off. Military radar could also see this plane at the same time. So it wasn't masked from one radar and not the other.

I did some Googling and found this page on PBS which mentions that a common AWACS in active service, the Boeing E-3 Sentry, is equipped with radar-jamming technology: www.pbs.org...
edit on 18-3-2014 by jsl2837 because: Deleted some specious speculation on my part.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

DrHammondStoat
Not good if true;
...It would support the Westward turn and then Thailand saying it wasn't detected by it's Northern radar.

Pardon me for being dense this morning, good Dr'...but, what do you mean by 'not good if true'?
Thanks!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Just something we might want to keep in mind about the maps they are studying from his flight sim. I have the Microsoft Flight Sim myself and I have played many different airports. The thing they arent telling us is what plane he is using in the game to land at this airports. That is key really.

We know he likes to teach others, so it is very possible he could be teaching someone in a Cessna to land at a short runway. Or he may be doing it just for himself. The game has many kinds of planes to try and fly. Not to mention all kinds of add on planes such as military jets.

We cant just assume every time he gets on his Flight sim that he is flying a 777 every time.
edit on 3/18/14 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

civpop
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I tried too but when I zoom in its really bad quality , plus am not very good at detecting things and I actually cant see anything on the picture posted I would definitely not be any use in an SAR mission Lol

I don't even get an option to zoom in and out. Dont know if only those who sign up get that option.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

Thanks for trying to keep us current.
This has been posted. I read one article (which appears to use the same wording as what you've quoted), and the 'source' for the 'news' is Sorcha Faal.
Because of 'the source', I have put no effort into an attempt to determine if any (even one piece) of the claims are based in this reality.
If someone could/would show verification (of, at least, some of the facts)...it might draw more attention.

edit on 3/18/2014 by WanDash because: x the t

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Agree.

And we cant also just assume that what malaysia govt said about those findings in simulator is true. It is not that i am against them. I just find all the latest news or theories about the plane.... 'weird'. They are like forcefully concluded.

peace

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

option158

AUSTRALIAN maritime officials have identified a search area off Western Australia, after the Taliban denied involvement in Malaysia Airlines flight MH370’s disappearance.
Meanwhile, unconfirmed reports in Malaysian media say investigators probing the homemade flight simulator of the MH370 captain have found five runways from Indian Ocean airports programmed into it.
The Berita Harian Malay language paper quotes unnamed sources close to the investigation as saying that the airport runways were Male International Airport in the Maldives,Diego GarciaDiego Garcia and three runways in India and Sri Lanka.
The source is quoted as saying that all the runways programmed into the simulator are 10,000 metres long.
reply to post by sy.gunson

www.news.com.au... 6857475351

edit on 18-3-2014 by option158 because: (no reason given)

This article is now 404'd. Maybe the US sent Australia a legal order/request to have the article removed??

I find this highly suspicious. Anyone else?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

research100

civpop
Not my news just passing on what I have read

A Malaysian newspaper is reporting that investigations into the flight simulator, seized from the home of one of MH370's missing pilots, included software for five practice runways around the Indian Ocean, where the desperate search for the plane is continuing.

The Berita Harian is reporting that five runways were programmed into Captain Zaharie Shah's homemade flight simulator that was taken by police for analysis last Saturday.

"Among the software we checked so far is the Male International Airport in Maldives, three airports in India and Sri Lanka, and one belonging to the US military base in Diego Garcia. All have a runway length of 1,000 metres," a source told the Malay daily.

Source
ed it on 18-3-2014 by civpop because: (no reason given)

that's interesting about the Maldives......several people there reported seeing a very low flying big plane, with the right color marking the morning the plane went missing....why has this has only been reported now???

I did read that but... if they could see the doors and windows etc then surely they could have also seen the words Malaysian across the plane?

I just don't know

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Seek_Truth

I just got the wikki link to work for the Jin., if thats what you are talking about. I went back to the link of your qoute in other words. That worked

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

onehuman

I just got the wikki link to work for the Jin., if thats what you are talking about. I went back to the link of your qoute in other words. That worked

Im referring to this link 404'd Story

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Seek_Truth

onehuman

Im referring to this link 404'd Story

I add the numbers to the end of the link, it redirects to another article.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
So Indonesia are not allowing anyone into their air space??

The aerial search for missing Malaysia Airlines MH370 flight has been hampered by refusal from Indonesia to let planes overfly their territory.

BBC News Link

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Yahoo Australia article is still up:
au.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

DrHammondStoat
Not good if true;

Residents of remote islands in the Maldives spotted a “low flying jumbo jet” on the morning the MH370 disappeared, according to local news site – Haveeru.

The islands are outside both the northern and southern flight corridors currently being searched – they are roughly mid way between the two. It is also very late to be getting sketchy eyewitness reports of something that happened more than 10 days ago, but here’s the story.

Several residents of Kuda Huvadhoo told Haveeru on Tuesday that they saw a “low flying jumbo jet” at around 6:15am on March 8.

They said that it was a white aircraft, with red stripes across it – which is what the Malaysia Airlines flights typically look like.

Eyewitnesses from the Kuda Huvadhoo concurred that the aeroplane was travelling North to South-East, towards the Southern tip of the Maldives – Addu. They also noted the incredibly loud noise that the flight made when it flew over the island.

“I’ve never seen a jet flying so low over our island before. We’ve seen seaplanes, but I’m sure that this was not one of those. I could even make out the doors on the plane clearly,” said an eyewitness.

www.theguardian.com...

It would support the Westward turn and then Thailand saying it wasn't detected by it's Northern radar.
edit on 18-3-2014 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

And it would be in a fairly direct flight path to Somalia on the western coast of Africa. A place we all know is a hotspot for piracy. This adds more credence to my theory of it being a case of sky piracy. For what gain is unknown. However, those Somali pirates are notorious for not worrying about killing hostages to get their ransom $$$. Also, governments, in the past, have paid them off in secret.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

WanDash
reply to post by UnBreakable

Thanks for trying to keep us current.
This has been posted. I read one article (which appears to use the same wording as what you've quoted), and the 'source' for the 'news' is Sorcha Faal.
Because of 'the source', I have put no effort into an attempt to determine if any (even one piece) of the claims are based in this reality.
If someone could/would show verification (of, at least, some of the facts)...it might draw more attention.

edit on 3/18/2014 by WanDash because: x the t

Thanks, I didn't know the original source was Sorcha Faal. This can go directly to the waste bin.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jsl2837

If a frequency was being jammed by an AWACS or other dedicated platform, the radar screens would not just go blank and the 777 disappear. If the radar was being jammed, the display would light up with false returns. It would be unmistakable.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Stop press Courtney love has found it.

Sorry just wanted to lighten it a little

top topics

<< 226  227  228    230  231  232 >>

join