It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 226
<< 223  224  225    227  228  229 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
They still don't know anything, :-(

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Opposition leader in Malaysia, Anwar Ibrahim tweets: Blog: MH370 - Desperate attempt by the powers that be to drag me into it: MH370 - Desperate attempt by the powers that be to drag me into it #fb

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Not my news just passing on what I have read

A Malaysian newspaper is reporting that investigations into the flight simulator, seized from the home of one of MH370's missing pilots, included software for five practice runways around the Indian Ocean, where the desperate search for the plane is continuing.

The Berita Harian is reporting that five runways were programmed into Captain Zaharie Shah's homemade flight simulator that was taken by police for analysis last Saturday.

"Among the software we checked so far is the Male International Airport in Maldives, three airports in India and Sri Lanka, and one belonging to the US military base in Diego Garcia. All have a runway length of 1,000 metres," a source told the Malay daily.

Source
ed it on 18-3-2014 by civpop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

2m ago
Malaysia Airlines said it is still ruling nothing out in the investigation into what went wrong including a critical loss of cabin pressure.

4m ago
Hishamuddin said the southern search area was more of challenge because the area was so huge. He has asked the Malaysia military and its international partners to re-examine radar and satellite data.

Updated less than 1m ago
9m ago
Malaysia’s minister of foreign affairs, Anifah bin Haji Aman, told reporters that the search was “beyond politics”. He added “all efforts should focus on finding the plane” and thanked Malaysia’s international partners for their help.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Plane/Aviation + Chemistry/Physics experts:

what happens if an excess amount, say a ton or two of Carbon Dioxide was released into the cargo hold? with cabin pressure? without cabin pressure?

Edit: I found this on a site about why c02 cartridges can't be on planes

What you also do not understand is that if the cabin pressure of an airplane changes drastically (say like a 30,000 feet breach) then there is a very good chance those CO2 containers would breach as well, which could (with a very low chance) cause catastrophic problems if they detonate near key aircraft components.
velonews.competitor.com...

well, in place of c02 canisters, why not several tonnes of underripe or fermenting mangosteens? I need to look at this research paper some more to see the c02 effusion
edit on 18-3-2014 by auroraaus because: brain, is doing things...halp

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
There is no way with all the technology and under hand spying and surveillance this plane could go missing. I feel there is something being hidden. I just find it interesting the flight path of the plane initially towards Thailand and then make a turn and travel towards the indian ocean. The only suspicious area to land is the BIOT (british indian ocean territory), which is run by the americans and holds a large military base. Therefore a theory of land the plane there, create a huge distraction for something larger than the ukraine situation. Thus more safety measures are put in place, with more satellites and radar etc.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by civpop

Oh no, not Diego Garcia again!
If true, it's really interesting, it's going to get tongues wagging....but it's an unverified source.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Hishamuddin said Malaysia was looking to the US to help in the search in the southern corridor. He said the subject came up in a discussion with US defence secretary Chuck Hagel. He did not elaborate.

2m ago
Asked about the threat of hunger strike by relatives of those missing Malaysia Airlines chief executive Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said the company was doing “all it can” to keep relatives updated.

4m ago
Hishamuddin criticised the international media’s coverage of the search. He singled out CNN and the Daily Mail for focusing on a “political angle” in its reports.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

DrHammondStoat
reply to post by civpop

If true, it's really interesting, it's going to get tongues wagging....but it's an unverified source.

I know trying to find something a bit more concrete :-)

I will post back if I find anything.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
They just said MAS have no commercial flights going over the northern or southern arcs where the plane allegedly went.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

civpop

DrHammondStoat
reply to post by civpop

I know trying to find something a bit more concrete :-)

I will post back if I find anything.

Ok, I suppose it's possible that even if he did have all those runways programmed in, that's what people do when they use their flight simulators, do landings in places they don't usually for fun.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

The press conference has come to an end. Even by Malaysia’s standards very little new information was revealed.

2m ago
Hishamuddin insisted that Malaysia is the only country that has publicly released all the satellite and radar data about flight MH370. He confirmed that other countries had shared such data with Malaysia but declined to name which ones.

7m ago
Malaysia Airlines chief executive Ahmad said the plane’s transponder was switched off at 1.21am.

13m ago
Hishamuddin said Malaysia was looking to the US to help in the search in the southern corridor. He said the subject came up in a discussion with US defence secretary Chuck Hagel.

The US has best ability to assist us in southern corridor, Hishamuddin said.

He did not elaborate.

The bit about Malaysia being the only country to publicly release data seems like he's trying to say diplomatically that other countries are not being open.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I could only find on IB times but again its not verified its from "a source"

Source IB Times

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
According to Mr Snowden the NSA Have the ability to spy on every phone everywhere, but they cant find a 200x200 foot Jet full of phones..?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by civpop

It could be true, the two US sources that said there were pings from the aircraft turned out to be true even if some of the info was mis-reported initially.

It may take a while before it's confirmed or denied.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Soloprotocol
According to Mr Snowden the NSA Have the ability to spy on every phone everywhere, but they cant find a 200x200 foot Jet full of phones..?

The NSA will know which phones they want to spy on.

No-one knew the MH370 was going to go missing, so how would they pin point peoples phone at the time? They can only look at phones after the aircraft went missing and then you have the problems of being out of range and batteries running out.

How would they know they had the right phones anyway? They apparently would need IMEI numbers of everyone to make sure they were looking for the passengers phones and not other people. All in all there are unlikely to be any transmissions from phones if they were so far out to sea.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by civpop

Oh I hope this doesn't end becoming WW3. It would be rank if a country involved in the search is responsible for the plane and passengers disappearance.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by civpop

I wonder if any country has reviewed the cell phone ringing. Could have indicated their location at the time families where calling their loved ones.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf2

I'm sure people are looking into the phone angle but a mobile phone doesn't have to physically 'ring' for a caller to hear ringing.

The caller may have just connected to the network to get the ringing sound - it doesn't mean the phone was still operational.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf2

I suspect they must have I would imagine (but maybe they don't) that would possibly give you some info / signal triangular location? I don't know think it was mentioned earlier on about 5 days ago.

Im of the mind of everyone else though, governments know what we do , they track our internet usage, our emails, our phone calls, SMS and emails are no doubt monitored for anything dodgy, so why cant they find a plane.

I still smell a rat in all of this, I hope I am wrong for the sake of the world and the families, last thing we need with the state of the world is more crap adding to it with more terrorism and more suspicion and world wide panic, but I still think this is all something extremely dodgy.

new topics

top topics

<< 223  224  225    227  228  229 >>

join