It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 227
<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Another unverified rumour.

I don't know where this person has got the info but it's on the discussion thread at the professional pilots rumours forum.

Expected confirmation of southern track
"Informed" sources suggest that data will be revealed later this week that last placed MH370 on an established Southern track. The Australians may be closer than they first thought.

In due course, I would also not be surprised if the CVR/DFDR circuit brakers had been pulled...

www.pprune.org...

If true, they are looking at recovering the plane from the Ocean, no survivors.

The data could be what they've calculated from the earlier pings from the aircraft, which would give a better idea of it's flight path.
edit on 18-3-2014 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Meanwhile as China are searching their western regions, there's the thought they might find the plane in Xinjiang province... conveniently giving China the encouragement for total annihilation on the Uighurs.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Hi, could someone tell me what this round or hexagon shape is. maybe too large to be a life raft at almost 20 meters. could be some small island but is perfect hex

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by liteonit6969

Maybe a small round island??? Not sure....anyone else??

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

That Tomnod site is pretty bad for trying to spot or make out anything at all. All I'm getting is dark background, a few clouds and what look like waves! Maybe if there was 'Land' to look at, I might see something but as it is, I see anything worth reporting.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I tried too but when I zoom in its really bad quality , plus am not very good at detecting things and I actually cant see anything on the picture posted I would definitely not be any use in an SAR mission Lol

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf2

China Mobile did a bit of work on that but no phones were found.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
The plane could have been hijacked through a cyber attack, this is a possibility, although denied by the FAA.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
No Chinese Passengers Involved In Hi-Jacking...... From the Mainland At Least!!!

KUALA LUMPUR, March 18 (Xinhua) -- No passenger from Chinese mainland aboard the missing MH370 flight was involved in a hijack or terror attack, Chinese ambassador to Malaysia said on Tuesday.

Background check on all passengers from Chinese mainland has found no evidence on their involvement, Huang Huikang said.

What does this mean in terms of the Freescale Employees... Were they from the Chinese Mainland???
"From Chinese Mainland"???...
As in born there???...
Or resides there???...

Maybe others here can shed more light on that!!!

It is also now a Criminal Investigation, & they cannot divulge everything...
This is just a confirmation of what most of us have been saying since the early days of this incident!!!

The Chinese envoy said since a criminal investigation has been launched into the missing plane, some information is not suitable for disclosure at this moment, without giving further details.

"The probe into the incident's cause is not suitable to be conducted in a high-profile way," he said.

Peace MH370 xxx

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Tensions are rising in Malaysia,

Hishamuddin (acting transport minister) was almost lost for words when he was asked to confirm whether he was related to Malaysia’s prime minister Najib Razak and whether he was being protected by the premier.

“I can confirm Najib is my cousin,” he said with a smile. “I don’t know what I’m supposed to be protected from. I do not want to go down this line of questioning.”

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
This link shows the Australian search locations, not sure if its verified source but here you go. (may have been posted before)

Source

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

CharlieSpeirs
No Chinese Passengers Involved In Hi-Jacking...... From the Mainland At Least!!!

KUALA LUMPUR, March 18 (Xinhua) -- No passenger from Chinese mainland aboard the missing MH370 flight was involved in a hijack or terror attack, Chinese ambassador to Malaysia said on Tuesday.

Background check on all passengers from Chinese mainland has found no evidence on their involvement, Huang Huikang said.

What does this mean in terms of the Freescale Employees... Were they from the Chinese Mainland???
"From Chinese Mainland"???...
As in born there???...
Or resides there???...

Maybe others here can shed more light on that!!!

It is also now a Criminal Investigation, & they cannot divulge everything...
This is just a confirmation of what most of us have been saying since the early days of this incident!!!

The Chinese envoy said since a criminal investigation has been launched into the missing plane, some information is not suitable for disclosure at this moment, without giving further details.

"The probe into the incident's cause is not suitable to be conducted in a high-profile way," he said.

Peace MH370 xxx

12 of the employees were from Malaysia and eight were from China, a spokeswoman for the company confirmed.

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

Maybe saying none of the passengers from the Chinese mainland are involved is because that's how far they've got in their investigation? I suppose those of Chinese origin but living in other places would have to be checked by some one else.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I should go on and mark it and let them figure it out. I cannot identify it and I think it is most likely a UFO flying under the cover of cloud (just joking)

20m is pretty small for an island. Do they give any coordinates? If so I should look it up on Goggle maps/Earth and see if there is anything there when the google image was taken. Probably too big for a life raft at 20m, more like a marquee or a giant jeyyfish. :-)

Ohh, ohh ... could be a USO.

Chinese mainlanders - I believe in a report/article I read, it said that they had checked the background of the Chinese who lived in China and none appeared to have obvious links with terrorism.

I think we have to read between the lines and take what all these USA, Malaysian, Chinese etc government officials say and realise that they are using some specific words and not others. This will allow them to backtrack later on if they need to.
edit on 18 Mar 2014 by qmantoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

DrHammondStoat
Tensions are rising in Malaysia,

Hishamuddin (acting transport minister) was almost lost for words when he was asked to confirm whether he was related to Malaysia’s prime minister Najib Razak and whether he was being protected by the premier.

“I can confirm Najib is my cousin,” he said with a smile. “I don’t know what I’m supposed to be protected from. I do not want to go down this line of questioning.”

Maybe Malaysia needs protection from sycophancy and nepotism?

Maybe Malaysia needs democracy and truth to solve an airline disaster?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

civpop
Not my news just passing on what I have read

A Malaysian newspaper is reporting that investigations into the flight simulator, seized from the home of one of MH370's missing pilots, included software for five practice runways around the Indian Ocean, where the desperate search for the plane is continuing.

The Berita Harian is reporting that five runways were programmed into Captain Zaharie Shah's homemade flight simulator that was taken by police for analysis last Saturday.

"Among the software we checked so far is the Male International Airport in Maldives, three airports in India and Sri Lanka, and one belonging to the US military base in Diego Garcia. All have a runway length of 1,000 metres," a source told the Malay daily.

Source
ed it on 18-3-2014 by civpop because: (no reason given)

It is standard practice for pilots to practice and train for emergency landings.

Even before you get a pilot's license an instructor takes you up one day and closes the throttle and expects you to find a farmers filed or a beach to land and you have to fly a perfect approach with no power. That's what pilots do... that's what they train their whole lives for.

This Captain Zaharie Shah was simply an exceptionally passionate and professional pilot.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

qmantoo
sy.gunson

If it had a transponder switched on then it could be tracked. If Malaysian Airlines paid INMARSAT for satellite bandwidth then ACARS could track the flight, but it did not have ACARS enabled.
Nobody is debating that it went missing after flying through the Straits of Malacca.

(my bolded above)

This yesterdays article about planning makes several references to transponders
Planning could hold key to disappearance of flight MH370 March 17, 2014

I dont really understand how they can all make these statements when we have found evidence that the ACARS was turned off. Now, I guess that some of these dont refer to the ACARS system, but some do as well.

Is it possible to explain how we can have both the ACARS turned off and the authorities receiving ACARS signals early in their flight. It also says that the pilot turned off the ACARS system before the last transmissions.

The pro pilots forum are still continuing with the idea that ACARS was up and running until it was switched off manually. They should know if MAS did not use ACARS and no data was available.
edit on 18 Mar 2014 by qmantoo because: pro pilots forum

ACARS is like a text message system in the cockpit which also sends regular automated updates on aircraft position and performance.

The aircraft had the system fitted but Pilots were not able to operate it except before landing and during take off as company policy.

ACARS is not the same as the transponder which is is a digital beacon responding to interrogation by radar stations or from transponders on other aircraft ("TCAS").

The Malaysian authorities tried to imply that when pilots turned off ACARS that this somehow proved a malicious intent by a pilot to commit suicide. In fact the company required the pilots to switch off after take off.

The engine leasing company Rolls Royce required ACARS to be switched on for take off and this was paid for under the engine leasing agreement.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

option158

AUSTRALIAN maritime officials have identified a search area off Western Australia, after the Taliban denied involvement in Malaysia Airlines flight MH370’s disappearance.
Meanwhile, unconfirmed reports in Malaysian media say investigators probing the homemade flight simulator of the MH370 captain have found five runways from Indian Ocean airports programmed into it.

The Berita Harian Malay language paper quotes unnamed sources close to the investigation as saying that the airport runways were Male International Airport in the Maldives,Diego GarciaDiego Garcia and three runways in India and Sri Lanka.
The source is quoted as saying that all the runways programmed into the simulator are 10,000 metres long.
reply to post by sy.gunson

www.news.com.au... 6857475351

edit on 18-3-2014 by option158 because: (no reason given)

A 10,000ft runway as opposed to what... do you expect him to practice landing on a 1,500 metre strip?

Pilots are required to train and plan for emergency landings... This is part of their job, not a conspiracy dreamed up by the Malaysian Government to conceal their own ineptitude.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

auroraaus

I stand corrected.

Although curiosity gets the better of me.... what happens to mangosteens if they aren't pressurized? Projectile?

To the Google-mobile!

Time is running out to save the mangosteens

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

auroraaus

All I can find thus far is a research paper on the effects of low-pressure on cucumbers, 6-hr flight simulation as a variable and shows there is some water loss thus shortening shelf-life.
I'm impressed with your research skills!

Yes the lower the pressure the more easily water boils, and even the pressurized compartment in an airplane for passegers/cargo is not pressurized to sea level pressure, which is why I can't fly within 24 hours of scuba diving...there's too much gas dissolved in my blood and it would sort of boil or form gas, aka "the bends".

It's also why I drink way more fluids when flying than at other times...it's easy to get dehydrated in the low pressure even in the plane's pressurized compartment.

Exploding fruit doesn't seem too likely though it's possible if it wasn't pressurized at all, but it seems like the consequence would be to make a mess on the inside of the boxes the fruit was packed in, and maybe make the bottoms of the boxes soggy, but I can't see how it would rupture the hull of an aircraft or anything like that. A pressurized gas cylinder could though because they are metallic and the metal fragments from an exploding cylinder could pierce the hull.
edit on 18-3-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

sy.gunson
The Chinese detected hydroaccoustic shock-waves off the seabed of Vietnam but that was about 2.10am if i recall and then the aircraft was detected flying into Malaysian airspace around 2.40am

Ahem to correct myself the seismic event occurred 85 minutes after take off at 2:55am according to South China Post but I am unclear if that was 2:55am Beijing time or Kuala Lumpur time.

If it was within the period after last contact and when the aircraft returned on Malaysian radar at 2:40am Malaysian time then this could have been a supersonic boom heard underwater when the aircraft stalled and dropped from 45,000ft.

I know I have previously disagreed that the aircraft could have dropped so fast but if the times tie in especially with what the oil rig worker saw then it adds to explaining the sequence of events.

top topics

<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join