It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 231
<< 228  229  230    232  233  234 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

I and others after posted this same picture long ago through this thread. Funny people are actually looking at it more now because she has posted it. If you look closely though you will recognize it from before. It was written off then and now its turned into a joke.

I myself still think that picture didnt really get the credit it deserved in its original post. This is the one the Dutch freighter was suppose to go look at. People tracking the freighter said it never really went to the coordinates. Just sailed on by.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

whatnext21
reply to post by civpop

I just found a feature on the Tomrad where you can download results up in the top right corner, it then takes you to google earth and plots all the findings thus far.

If you zoom in on an area, clicking on one of the markers brings up a picture of the tile of interest, its number, etc.

Thanks that's cool ill take a look

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

WanDash

DrHammondStoat
Not good if true;
...It would support the Westward turn and then Thailand saying it wasn't detected by it's Northern radar.

Pardon me for being dense this morning, good Dr'...but, what do you mean by 'not good if true'?
Thanks!

Morning WanDash, I mean if it went that way there is nothing but sea and it likely ran out of fuel there. Very sad but that's what I think happened tbh.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CCKP72

I agree! Maybe they came up with the evidence, which is why it took a week to come out!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

#3 The plane vanished.

I agree with you, and I like your post!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

UnBreakable

civpop
Stop press Courtney love has found it.

Sorry just wanted to lighten it a little

Wouldn't that be hilarious if that is it? Not hilarious in the fact the plane crashed but imagine the headlines if Courtney Love upstages sophisticated equipment from all the nations tech?
edit on 18-3-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

Except someone here on ATS found this a while ago......unless she's here on ATS?.. Hi Courtney!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yes I posted THIS back on page 152. It shows the plane in the water a little bit better. I also would like to correct that it was a Greek Freighter not Dutch.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Could someone tell me what this is just on the coast of iran on google maps. doesnt look like ships i think. Maybe someone knows what they are

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

onehuman
reply to post by UnBreakable

I and others after posted this same picture long ago through this thread. Funny people are actually looking at it more now because she has posted it. If you look closely though you will recognize it from before. It was written off then and now its turned into a joke.

I myself still think that picture didnt really get the credit it deserved in its original post. This is the one the Dutch freighter was suppose to go look at. People tracking the freighter said it never really went to the coordinates. Just sailed on by.

I didn't read all 230 pages on here. I didn't realize that this pic was posted previously. Good find. Courtney was obviously a day late and a dollar short. I wonder why the freighter didn't take a look. Maybe it was told by someone to just ignore it. Maybe someone doesn't want it to be found............yet. Maybe it was carrying something that we shouldn't be made aware of.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Digital Graphics did some enhancement work on the picture and they are saying its a boat, the picture is here
Twitter Digital Graphics

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

DrHammondStoat
Morning WanDash, I mean if it went that way there is nothing but sea and it likely ran out of fuel there. Very sad but that's what I think happened tbh.

Gotcha!

Well - I suppose I'm a little more (perhaps Too) optimistic...and, I was hoping that, since the plane was flying so low...it might have actually landed further to the south of the spotting (and thus, hopefully, all of the innocents might have been spared).

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Also for clarification, the picture of the plane someone also posted from tomnod is apparently in flight and not MH370 according to their twitter.

Tomnod Twitter

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I was on here when you posted it. It really looks like a plane laying on it's side and you can make out windows too.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

Yes I think so as well. From the post above you, the picture they used to discredit it just doesnt strike me as the same picture either. Not to mention what about all the other stuff in the picture that looks like debris and a oil slick. Why didnt they show that too?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Does anyone have a credible source for the claim that disabling ACARS after takeoff is standard operating procedure for Malaysian Airlines flights?

This I think is extremely important in judging whether it was an accident or a hijacking.

I can't find any news articles that discuss this. Maybe my Google skills are inadequate.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

liteonit6969

Looking at possible landing sites in indian ocean and the simulators for landing in some areas in indian ocean i thought id have a look. I came across this in the Seychelles. It looks like a 777-200 to me. This may be a popular route for this plane but just thought id add it in. You can even see the maintenance so its just landed or ready for take off. any thoughts?

I think that's a Boeing 737. Are you using Google Maps? Use Google Earth, It has a measuring tool. A 777-200 has a 199' wingspan and a fuselage 209' long.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Am I right in think g google earth doesn't have updated satellite imagery ?
Can you get latest satellite imagery for it though ?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

rabourby
Am I right in think g google earth doesn't have updated satellite imagery ?
Can you get latest satellite imagery for it though ?
Last time I used Google Earth, there was a time slider where I could look at various images over time, but none of them were very recent. The tomnod images are recent, that's why you see people talking about and posting images from tomnod.
edit on 18-3-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
From pprune quite a good timeline I think although it's better viewed on the pp rune site

(*or at least have a separate "unidentified official" verification on from a reputable source) - 1:07 - ACARS last transmission (thru VHF) which apparently includes notation of a WP change having been entered into system since last scheduled report at 12:37 - 1:11 - INMARSAT ping would have been received, as apparently Boeing's AHM report attempted to automatically transmit (thru Satellite) - 1:19 - 'Alright, Good Night' at handover (supposedly by co-pilot) - 1:22 - Transmitter goes off (note: those previous two might be reversed, we have multiple sources seemingly confirming both possibilities. One happened at 1:19, one at 1:22 though. I'm putting them in this order mainly because...) - 1:22 - Plane goes out of range/black from Thailand Radar (likely from the transponder going black and not the plane going out of range) - 1:28 - Unidentified plane shows up on Thailand Radar roughly off the Kota Bharu, Malaysia coast (at Malaysia/Thailand border) and this apparently shows plane crossing the Peninsula to the Straights of Malacca (unknown endtime for this path) - somewhere between 1:15-1:30 - Vietnam sees plane turn around. From roughly 1:30-forward, Vietnam is "frantically" trying to contact the plane (note: they have not told us a specific time of turn or if they know this because of a Military or ATC radar hit, but they told Malaysia they 'watched plane turn around' sometime shortly after contact was lost) - 1:37 - ACARS misses scheduled transmission - 1:30-1:45 - at minimum 11 eye witness reports from around and past the Kota Bharu, Malaysia/Thailand border areas (including one saying 'plane descending fast' like one of the later radar hits indicates) - 2:11 - INMARSAT ping would have been received, as apparently Boeing's AHM report attempted to automatically transmit (thru Satellite) - between 1:30-2:40 - Malaysian Military and Civilian radar picks up an "unidentified" plane flying over peninsula (Daud says "this was corroborated by civilian radar" in the march 9th press conferences). Those include a couple radar hits we have specifically been told about* (and who knows how many that haven't been provided/leaked): ... VAMPI ... GIVAL ... IGREX (note: we are not sure of the timing of the radar hits, and there is very contradictory evidence here. The most recent seemingly-official time is 2:15 for the last hit. Which hit that was, we don't know for sure) post 2:15/or/2:40 apparent absolute complete blackout of plane (except...) - 3:11 - INMARSAT ping received, as apparently Boeing's AHM report attempted to automatically transmit (thru Satellite) - 4:11 - INMARSAT ping received, as apparently Boeing's AHM report attempted to automatically transmit (thru Satellite) - 5:11 - INMARSAT ping received, as apparently Boeing's AHM report attempted to automatically transmit (thru Satellite) - 6:11 - INMARSAT ping received, as apparently Boeing's AHM report attempted to automatically transmit (thru Satellite) - 7:11 - INMARSAT ping received, as apparently Boeing's AHM report attempted to automatically transmit (thru Satellite) near 40 Degree line - 7:24 - Statement released by Malaysian Officials saying contact lost at 2:40 and SAR efforts are underway - 8:11 - INMARSAT ping received, as apparently Boeing's AHM report attempted to automatically transmit (thru Satellite) (thru Satellite) on 40 Degree line

Link pprune

edit on 18-3-2014 by civpop because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 228  229  230    232  233  234 >>

join