It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing-bound MAS plane carrying 239 people missing as of 20 mins ago.

page: 136
<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RickinVa

If indeed that is correct info... then I wonder what mad regimes (with the power and $$$) in Africa could pull this off? Or which regimes are foreign backed by other mad states?

Or, if it's just another red herring.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

It was 3/7 UTC time

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
How close is Malaysia to the south pole? just my imagination going...

link   
reply to post by auroraaus

That's all I was told... no location, no status of passengers. I know for a fact that my source does indeed work for the CIA, whether they have inside knowledge or were just sharing some chatter at work... that's all I know.

EDIT: If I were going to guess, I would have to go with Mogadishu, although I do not know if the plane had enough fuel to make it that far..... that may have been the intended destination.

edit on R472014-03-13T21:47:18-05:00k473Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

link   

RickinVa
I will put this out there, although I hesitate to do so because I have no proof whatsoever other than the word of a friend.

I am retired from the FBI and I was talking to one of my friends who works for the CIA.

The CIA is of the opinion that the aircraft is in Africa. No word on what was the fate of the passengers.

Accept it for what it is..... I won't give you names of source, I can't.

Funny...my drunk ex CIA father in law from rockville MD. Said the same 2 days ago.
But now you say this...I might have to apologise to him....
Fyi..his job was cartography. And he hated Africa because the borders changed daily.

Given fuel....impossible....unless the whole Diego Garcia theory is correct.
edit on 13-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Dubliner1773
reply to post by Mikeultra

Is it odd that two Ukrainians from Odessa were traveling from Bali to Bejing out of an airport with lax security? Who were they? Businessmen? Athletes? Millionaires? Why no information about them?

Hi, welcome to ATS! Hmmm, my opinion on the Ukrainians is that their names were on the manifest, but they weren't on the plane. Then if the plane is used in a future terror attack or not, everything will be blamed on the Ukrainians. Suppose the plane crashes into Moscow? Then that will be the spark for a big time war! Hows that...? I'm not sure who to blame for having put their names there.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GoShredAK

Something sinister is happening no doubt...
& That was apparent before the Numerology took a dark twist!!!

Saved the thread you shared...

At this stage... I'm sticking with shot down sadly!
Hope I'm wrong though!

Peace AK!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

HAHA YUP!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I mentioned something like this yesterday, recalling Lufthansa Flight 181 that was hijacked in 1977 and taken to Mogadishu, Somalia, but was told the fuel range was insufficient. That could be why they believe it's at the bottom of the Ocean, though, because it crashed on it's way there due to fuel issues (lack of fuel would cause the engines to flame out, as is what happened in the Helios Airways Flight 522 crash).

Meanwhile, I found this in an Australian news site.

A separate official told the AP news agency that the Boeing jet wasn't transmitting data to the satellite but sending out a signal to establish contact. Boeing offers a satellite service that can receive a stream of data during flight on how the aircraft is functioning.

The unnamed official said Malaysia Airlines didn't subscribe to that service, but the system was automatically “pinging” the satellite anyway.

According to The Wall Street Journal, the transmissions didn't include data about any of the plane’s critical systems but did include information on the flight's location, speed and bearing.

They said the final ping was sent from over water at a “normal” cruising altitude.

It remains unclear why the transmissions stopped.

Note that the info wasn't from any confirmed sources, so just speculation for now. If they did have the location then it would make sense why the US is choosing to look in the Indian Ocean and would make sense of talk of it going to Africa.
edit on 13-3-2014 by ManiShuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I just don't get it big Dan...

Let me guess Somalia.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
So the MSM headlines right now are all similar to this:

'Likelihood' plane is at bottom of the Indian Ocean

Gee, that's wonderful, except that also would have been a perfectly appropriate headline 2 hours after the flight was reported missing.

Talk about a pathetic pile of BS.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

PhotonEffect

It was 3/7 UTC time

Yes and 8th local.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Local in Beijing

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hi,

If the MSM report of the aircraft continuing to fly for hours after the transponder and communications stopped is true then there is another possibility.

What if this was just a case of show of strength or rather technical strength? The aircraft was a Boeing (American company)aircraft.

So what if either the Russians or the Chinese or both of together hacked the aircraft and took over complete controls of the aircraft and then kept it flying as a demonstration to send a message to USA of what they could do to American civilian hardware if a war breaks out over Ukraine or over South China Sea. Once the fuel ran out the aircraft simply crashed or they crashed it in the area where no one will look for days allowing the Ocean currents to disperse the debris over a huge area and never to be found.

So what do other members think it could all be a test,a show of strength, a demonstration of that an American built aircraft could be hacked, flown and crashed at will.

Vader

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
CIA friend, If this map is accurate the only country in Africa within range of MH370 with the fuel on board is Somalia. What are they going to do with a 777? Yemen, Saudi Arabia, and Oman is within range though!

That sounds ominously like the 911 neighborhood.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

PhotonEffect

Local in Beijing

And Kuala Lumpur, UTC +8.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Brocade

OpinionatedB
reply to post by ManiShuck

The plane only had enough fuel for 2,000 miles. It couldn't go farther than that...

that said officially there were said to have been two transmissions from the engine:

But New Scientist understands that the maker of the missing Boeing 777's Trent 800 engines, Rolls Royce, received two data reports from flight MH370 at its global engine health monitoring centre in Derby, UK, where it keeps real-time tabs on its engines in use. One was broadcast as MH370 took off from Kuala Lumpur International Airport, the other during the 777's climb out towards Beijing.

Source Article

So according to this, and officially according to the airline, there was no data transmitted after they lost contact with the plane and someone is going well outside of any official report to say it was in the air for 4-5 hours and possibly well outside of probability given a fuel distance of 2000 miles.

Its flight from KL to Beijing takes six hours (take off around 00:41, due to land around 06:40), so yes, it did have enough fuel to fly for 4-5 hours after they lost contact after the first hour. It also apparently as standard had fuel for another two hours beyond its scheduled flight time for emergency incidents.

I don't believe the claim it flew undetected for five hours any more than you do, but not because of the fuel it had on board.

well, from the position it dropped off the "radar" it has about a 2,500 mi radius, if it kept flying straight, given the amount of fuel it had.
that takes it from nothern OZ, phillipines, japan, most of china and parts of russia, to all of india and pakistan. (and all points in between)
let alone huge areas of ocean.

flying under the radars of all these countries, would use up fuel faster, also and that is pretty unbelievable.

if it changed course to a significant degree, several times, that would reduce the destination possibilities. thus reducing the search radius.

i have no idea what happened to that flight. obviously.

how about every plane have embedded GPS that can't be tampered with.

also, we can share our computer screens with other people, why not cockpit controls? hell, i don't know.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by auroraaus

Apparently (I don't know how true this is) the possible reason for this aircraft's disappearance lies with four of the passengers who were pending patent holders of the Freescale Semiconductor... They were four of five holders of this pending patent, that was only finalised four days after their disappearances... legally leaving only one patent holder left to collect the booty.

Source: an article here at Truth Nija... www.facebook.com...
by Corren Gravanta

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

auroraaus

If indeed that is correct info... then I wonder what mad regimes (with the power and $$$) in Africa could pull this off?

Could the SOMALI PIRATES be hijacking airliners now? Their pirating of ocean freighters was shut down last year.
-cwm

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

Thanks for that image, was looking for something similar yesterday.

This could easily be a scenario similar to Lufthansa Flight 181, where the plane was taken to Mogadishu, Somalia and the passengers/crew ransomed for money and the release of members of a military group.

And by easily, I mean if it was indeed hijacked and flew for more than 4 hours in the direction of Africa.

new topics

top topics

<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join