It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army Vet cuts down Mexican Flag flying over American Flag

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

If you all asked really nice we may just have you all back
(jk).
Good post btw.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I'm not one who normally does the 'great post' thing, but......

Just to echo what the monkey boy said, great post and there'll always be a place for the prodigal son if you ever desire to come home.

Despite our many differences there is more that ties us together.
edit on 10/3/14 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

crazyewok

freedomSlave

LOL boy monkey you gonna get a lot of fan mail from that post of your flag above an american flag of a american owned website.. star for that

Hey its a International sight started by a Brit.

Fair game.

I think boymonkey should post all the Pms he get so us Brits can have a good laugh over them

edit on 10-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

I was looking for some funny american flag pics, but USA flag Toilet paper was the best I found.
To even let the flag touch the floor.... TOUCH THE FLOOR is considered desecration!!

This is the kind of crazy we're dealing with.

Although this was poignant

edit on 10/3/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Ahh! Wrabbit, you are always a refreshing dose of sanity and plain understanding, which some other members can tend to lack in the heat of argument.

Good day to you sir!

That is a very good point, Britain also did not create the flag because of an idea, it just us and a couple of our mates flags all squished together. The English flag has a cool story, of St. George and him wiping the dragons blood on a cloth, still.. unless you REALLY hate Dragons... kind of not that important.

All that worries me is that, the goodness, the liberty, the land of freedom... Everything that the flag is meant to represent, has been used to brainwash every US citizen. It's actually quite worrying seeing how crazy Americans get over it, like it looks like a mental disorder. (I do not mean that in offence, just to clarify)

I just wish people didn't let themselves get used by higher powers.

reply to post by boymonkey74

Hahahah we should expect the USA's formal surrender, back to the British Empire boymonkey, now, we wait.
edit on 10-3-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Actually I think that a excellent point.

Britain has gone through so much and been around so long. You cant go in the UK 5 miles without bumping into a castle, battlefield or old palace ect Our heritage is on show everywhere. We dont need a flag really as British history from all era is all around us.

USA your right. Its a young country and yes it has history and it does have culture but not to the level or concentration of Britain due to its huge size and young age. So I guess it makes massive sense.

Disrespecting the flag in America would likely be like tearing the tower of London down.

That is probably the most sense anyone made on the point of Americans regard for the flag.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I wasn't going to do this, BUT

Didn't the British invent football?

Maybe we should start a thread on the success of Brits at soccer.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The Brits have every reason to be proud of the Union Jack. After all, it was that flag under which they stood up to and bested the Nazis during the battle of Britain.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

We sure did
and yes we know we are crap at footie
hence most prem players are from abroad but as long as the footie is good to watch I don't care.
Club before country everytime.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by poet1b

We sure did
and yes we know we are crap at footie
hence most prem players are from abroad but as long as the footie is good to watch I don't care.
Club before country everytime.

We are not that crap.

In fact we are very good.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Andy Capp.

Another British institution ruined by the politically correct....but that's a whole different discussion altogether.

Yeah we're pretty crap at football nowadays.
I followed the England national team all over Europe years ago - had some great times, off the pitch.
Don't bother now.
Only upside is because expectations are so low even advancing from group stages can be viewed as a success - oh how the mighty have fallen.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Our clubs are but our national team to be honest is poor...poorest I have ever seen.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

NavyDoc
The Brits have every reason to be proud of the Union Jack. After all, it was that flag under which they stood up to and bested the Nazis during the battle of Britain.

We do yes.

But to be honest the biggest symbol of the battle of Britain and UK successful defense of Britain for us is the Spitfire.
Again the Spitfire like our castles and other historical monument is a symbol of Britain for us.

Which again shows the difference between UK/USA in a interesting way.

I guess we have symbolism in our different ways.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Excellent Points...

We aren't so different after all.

edit on 10-3-2014 by whyamIhere because: Removed all references to cross-dressing

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
You guys gotta be freaking kidding me. You are going to roll over on football? I don't believe it.

I'll tell you what, you're all right, us Americans are too emotional about our flag. I never realized it before, but I do now.

I blame the song.

"Oh, say does that star-spangled banner
yet waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave
O'er the laaaaaaaaaaaaaaand
of the freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
and the hoooooooooome
of the braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave?"

always brings a tear to ma i.

I might have over done it on the brave part.

edit on 10-3-2014 by poet1b because: didn't get 13 lines of a's

edit on 10-3-2014 by poet1b because: same

edit on 10-3-2014 by poet1b because: too long, that's what she said.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I am ashamed that we still argue over what should and should not be done to a flag. FFS, you can buy US Flag underwear and toilet paper.

And I am worried about a nation whose ego is so bruised it is willing to punch itself over imagined slights.

Its crap like this that makes me want to not belong to this, or any nation. The whole freaking world is nuts.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
I am ashamed that we still argue over what should and should not be done to a flag. FFS, you can buy US Flag underwear and toilet paper.

And I am worried about a nation whose ego is so bruised it is willing to punch itself over imagined slights.

Its crap like this that makes me want to not belong to this, or any nation. The whole freaking world is nuts.

I'm with you on this, I'm so over the flag thing, people either have some weird obsession with it or are trying to use it to get a rise out of others, I mean its yeah... whatever.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

i feel more affinity to the Don't Tread On Me flag, or the Come And Take It flag. They speak to my own spirit, to the spirit of the nation I want to be a part of. But its still just cloth.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I'm kinda partial to that Texas flag

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

We were arguing about the flag?

Darn, I missed that.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

poet1b

We were arguing about the flag?

Darn, I missed that.

quite a bit. I don't hink you missed it... its in the OP. A Vet destroyed private property in a fit of rage. Meanwhile, in other news, a girl picked up dog poop with a flag. And the beat goes on.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join