It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army Vet cuts down Mexican Flag flying over American Flag

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

This is Awesome. This is our Country.

If you want to Display the Mexican Flag....Do it properly.

Many Americans hold the flag close to their hearts.

I am one of those people. Sorry for the short thread.

The Video speaks very loudly for itself...
edit on 7-3-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Ha I must have clicked the link just as soon as you posted.

Yeah that was pretty cool.

I am glad you got the video fixed.

edit on 7-3-2014 by Grimpachi because: Video was fixed

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
What a jerk. I don't care what any proper "etiquette" is for flags being flown, if I had flags of multiple countries and wanted to string 'em up, I'd do it alphabetically top to bottom because I'm OCD like that. If that blowhard had touched mine, I'd have put him in the hospital for destruction of MY property. And sent him the bill to pay for new ones.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

If americans reading this cant understand this go watch the Alamo movie (john wayne) version and ull will understand why hes right.

(the sad thing here is im not even an American and I have to tell this to some Americans)
edit on 7-3-2014 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Nyiah
What a jerk. I don't care what any proper "etiquette" is for flags being flown, if I had flags of multiple countries and wanted to string 'em up, I'd do it alphabetically top to bottom because I'm OCD like that. If that blowhard had touched mine, I'd have put him in the hospital for destruction of MY property. And sent him the bill to pay for new ones.

If you fought for that flag you might feel different.

The beautiful thing about is that flag gives you the Freedom to be dead wrong.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I don't know about cutting it down, but I do agree with his sentiment towards having the Mexican flag above the U.S. flag.

If Mexico is so great, then why come here? Seems pretty disrespectful to fly a flag of the country you fled above the flag of the country you fled to. At least they did have a U.S. flag, though.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

whyamIhere

And serving doesn't give you the right to destroy property because you don't like it. I have no particular attachment to flags in general, and the odds of me flying any in reality are very low. But my point still stands, if you destroy my property because you have issues with it, it crosses a line and I won't tolerate it.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

It's called respecting the country you're living in. If I went sto Mexico, Canada, Greece or anywhere I would not fly my countries flag over theres. If I did I would expect to piss some people off.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Tough talk from your keyboard..

2 can play...

I guarantee you a swift ass kicken at the very least if you dare lay hands on a proud American for defending our American flag.

I for one do not agree with so much of what goes on these days in regards to politics and all the bs, but I for one along with many others see our American flag as a symbol of freedom and liberty. I respect the flag as this is what it represents to me regardless of whatever sh!# ain't right within our borders at this current time.

We have become too politically correct to the point we disrespect our own selves.
This man represents a dying generation of people who are honorable and respectful.

How dare you say what you did. It's because of people with the ideals of this man that you didn't say it in German.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Here's what Congress advised for the use of the U.S. flag in a joint resolution dated June 22, 1942.

www.almanac.com...

The relevant parts......

No other flag should be placed above the flag of the United States or, if on the same level, to its right.

When flags of two or more nations are displayed, they are to be flown from separate staffs of the same height, and the flag of the United States should be hoisted first and lowered last.

In observing this resolution, the Vet used tactics that I personally think could have been more "diplomatic" in bringing to the attention of the property owner the error in flag etiquette, however, at the end of the day he is honouring the fallen and what the flag stands for and not everyone wants to wait for the authorities to enforce the resolution - which they appear to not give a ship about, otherwise this would have been addressed alot sooner than it has.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Good on him, more people should lookout for improper flag flying.
Why is this in Posse Comitatus forum?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

We should properly wonder if the person putting the flag up had knowledge of the laws about the display of the flag. Let's call it an ignorant error and let it go at that. Was the vet in error? Probably.

But maybe he is an unemployed construction worker or a ceramic tile craftsman like my son and can't find a job because cheaper illegals are hired to do the work he former did. Hey, the vet shoulda called the federal authorities to come give the business owner a citation!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Good on this man.

Nyiah

I would'a i would'a?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

If he doesn't have the "right", then where does your "right" to hospitalize him come from?

You might have an argument if it was at your home. A place of business? Probably leased or a rental?

Put him in a hospital-assuming he didn't do it to you first- and you'd get sued six ways to Sunday....and lose to boot.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
ATS, where people come to # on everything the US does and talk crap about how bad it sucks to live here...but you better not disrespect the flag!

What a bunch of jokers.

I can't stop laughing at how stupid this is.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

whyamIhere

And if you came to my country (England) and you decided to fly your american flag over my English one, then I came and cut your American one to shreds, what would you say to me? 'Oh OK fair play, I guess I am in your country...'

People don't think of things from other people perspective, he flew an american flag to show his appreciation, but the man who put it up was obviously a patriot of his own country too...

No I can't say I liked the video.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet they didn't know the law. This looks like a restaurant or store front so I can't imagine they would willing want to bring bad publicity to their business.

I understand why the man did what he did but it makes you wonder if the business owner was even asked to lower the flags first. All the new anchor said was there was pictures and comments on Craigslist as of 11:00 that morning. Craigslist?

Wouldn't taking the flag be considered theft?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join