It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army Vet cuts down Mexican Flag flying over American Flag

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

America really wasn't considered a superpower until post-World War II and the main reason it was able to take up that role is because Europe was a smoking crater.

In regards to the industrial revolution, it was going on in Europe for a while before it reached the US. In fact most scholars claim that it started in Great Britain.

The reason people were immigrating to the US is because it offered a fresh start. Immigrants believed that no matter your race, creed, or class everyone was on equal footing in America. Now that may not have actually been the case but it's what immigrants were led to believe. That and they didn't have to worry about the near constant wars afflicting Europe.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by Battleline

Again no one is bashing the usa but please bleat on more how we are....third time in this thread. Give it a rest.

This is all about the U.S.A and the event a vet created with emotional patriotism and the fact you being from the UK just can't stand it.

Your opinions mean nothing so what else can it be.

Your a little obsessed with me slick, under your skin ?

You might think about giving it a rest... we should really stop meeting like this, people will talk.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

poet1b
reply to post by crazyewok

I do not deny that the colonist slowly but surely took control of the land from the people who where here before us.

Do you think things would have been better for the people who were established in the territories now known as the US if we had not settled N America and left it to the Spanish?

Do you think the US would be the land that it currently is?

Look at Africa, Europe pulled out of Africa, and look at what is going on. The Arabs are now slowly conquering Africa.

The colonists didn't take control of the land...they took the land and then controlled it, full stop. Before that is was a socio-economic part of the world, land was not an issue, Tribalism could have been, and was exploited by the white faces, who despite the 'technical' abilities, were also slavers, 'just' another kind of evil.
That's the thing about fuzzy history taught in school, most of the 'hero's are not so fuzzy but killers, insurrecters, slavers, thieves and interlopers....not much has changed. So what about the flag, any flag, what has it got to do with reality in the here and now? Is there an honest flag? well not today, but the Jolly Roger was an honest flag almost. In its day you knew exactly what it represented for you, it was something to fear..get it?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Rikku
everybody like eewoks
edit on 9-3-2014 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

The most sane thing I have heard in this thread so far.

LOL

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Corruption Exposed

Rikku
everybody like eewoks
edit on 9-3-2014 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

The most sane thing I have heard in this thread so far.

LOL

As long as they are legal eewoks.

Sorry, couldn't resist...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

who despite the 'technical' abilities, were also slavers, 'just' another kind of evil.

Well, that makes all of humanity evil.

Sorry, but I find your opinion sadistic and bigoted. Some people in the colonies owned slaves, so all of us must be slandered as descendants of slave owners?

You are the one engaging in fuzzy logic.

By the way, slaves in the northern colonies were actually indentured servants, and they followed the laws in the Christian bible. Seven years of indentured servitude, and they had rights.

Only in the Southern colonies did true slavery exist, and we fought the bloodiest war in our nations history over the issue, which most Northerners considered to be a stain on the nation.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

At the time we became a super power, we had a very strict immigration policy.

I think we should return to that policy.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Oh I get it you are in the "It is in the USA and you are a brit so don't comment on this" crowd.
International forum with a British founder so no I will comment on whatever I want.
Oh and I like it how you didn't answer my question.
So again please tell me how you are so much free then us Brits...in fact the world ranking says you are 12th in the world and we are 14th...hardly land of the free is it?.
Or are you just gonna cry that we are bashing the USA again?.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnFisher

I here wjat you are saying, but strongly disagree with the need of brainwashing for an effective fighting force, except developing a drive to kill effectively and without too much thought when needed, and to fight the battle while suppressing fear.

"Look men, see those dudes over their? They hate our freedoms. All the freedoms. They are mean, backwards, scream allha snackbar all the damn time, and have no qualms about exploding sh*t all wills to the nills, with the explosives strapped on them. They cant be reasoned with , they are dead serious determined to blow your ass to smither'friggin'reens to bang 70something virgin chicks in their version of heaven. We need you guys to go fight them before they decide to murder another batch of buildings". Thats it. I would damn well sign up, amd war scares the CRAPout of me, except in my videogames. Now if the army instills a a standard of repect, virtue, and understanding to eegarding the civilian population of the enemy country, great. But we have tue exact damn opposite.

You know how many civilians died in vietnam at the hands of Americans? How many in The middle east? Greneda? Haiti? Panama? Needni list more invaded countries?

If a soldier fighting for freedom and liberty is not able to discern right from wrong, and mows down a bunch of scared, unarmed civilians, dead, in the name of freedom and liberty, he needs to have his bottom half shredded by a claymore mine. Im goinf to hazard an0 guess and say a few vets out there rather enjoyed the senseless killing and rape, not all.

Even if rhey went ofer there and engaged combatants shootingnat them, if they die, sucks, for them.

If you are beainwashed into believing that the WHOLE population, non combatants, little kids, women and their babies, are evil and want to tke all the freedoms, and you acrually KILL them, and still dont wake the f up into realizing what they did was VERY wrong, and logically does not constitute a fighr for freedom, then its either they are a seriouwly MK ULTRA'ed dupe, or already had seriously murderous intent within him/her.

5he elites want me to think of the soldiers as doing what they have been tole was right.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

If I flew this stupid rag it would be upside down. I would more likely burn it.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
A simple question for all you pro-flaggites:

Where, in the US Constitution, is the federal government given the right to establish laws regarding "flag etiquette"?

I've seen so many off you doing triple back-flips because of the "tyranny" of our Government trampling on it's Constitutionally-mandated authority, so I'm just wondering, again:

Where in the US Constitution is the Federal government given the right to establish laws regarding a flag?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

boymonkey74

Oh I get it you are in the "It is in the USA and you are a brit so don't comment on this" crowd.
International forum with a British founder so no I will comment on whatever I want.
Oh and I like it how you didn't answer my question.
So again please tell me how you are so much free then us Brits...in fact the world ranking says you are 12th in the world and we are 14th...hardly land of the free is it?.
Or are you just gonna cry that we are bashing the USA again?.

You can comment on what ever you like slick, I just can't imagine why you would be so obsessed with something so trivial in another country, but then the key word here is "obsessed" isn't it ?

What's the difference weather its 2 or 20 it still says we are more free, come on slick , get a life, you must have something better to do then obsess on what I think.

To stay on the original post I stand behind the vet that did this and would stand with him if necessary, it feels good to believe in something even if it is a little out side the law and I can't help but believe we have all been there, if not we will soon be there I fear.

I'm done here, you have become boring and repetitive like a nagging ex-wife, you have a good day.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

whyamIhere
reply to post by boymonkey74

The Mexican is free in America to fly any flag he wants.

If he flew only the Mexican Flag we would not be discussing it.

He chose to display the American Flag in an illegal and disrespectful way.

You guys are hung up on the minor property crime.

It was a display of American pride.

Except as someone already pointed out....

Spiramirabilis

For anyone interested in reality:

The United States Flag Code establishes advisory rules for display and care of the flag of the United States. It is Chapter 1 of Title 4 of the United States Code (4 U.S.C. § 1 et seq). This is a U.S. federal law, but there is no penalty for failure to comply with it and the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that punitive enforcement would conflict with the First Amendment right to freedom of speech.[1] This etiquette is as applied within U.S. jurisdiction. In other countries and places, local etiquette applies.

edit on 10/3/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Xcalibur254
reply to post by poet1b

America really wasn't considered a superpower until post-World War II and the main reason it was able to take up that role is because Europe was a smoking crater.

Oh wow a stared up reflection of historical ignorance and the failed education system.

America had become a superpower by the time the British were forced to sign the Treaty of Ghent at the end of the 1812 War.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

So resorting to insults eh? You were the one saying (at least three times) that we were bashing the USA all I said was that no one is.
I have said this is a none issue but you and others have dragged this thread out.
If anything it just shows how brainwashed you are...sad really.
edit on 10-3-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

poet1b

The southern slaves were mainly bred here not imported.

History would disagree even low figures are pegged about a couple millions.

poet1b
The immigrants did not move to the unexplored and unexploited land.

Tell that to all the Irish and Chinese that helped build your railroads.

poet1b
The industrial revolution took place first. You ignore the tremendous innovative contributions from the people of the US to develop that industry in the first place.

Seeing as the Industrial revolution started in BRITAIN! And was imported over to the USA that's doesn't make any sense. There was no internet ect so all ideas had to come from IMMIGRANTS that came to the USA to spread there ideas. Of course Americans were already there helped improve the ideas and came up with many of there own threre no denying that but immigration and the industrial revolution went hand in hand.

poet1b
And once again, you are wrong about the importation of slaves, so yeah, ignorance.

Yeah I think you the one who wrong and is trying to rewrite history into some abhorrent racist bastardized version.

A LOT of people built America from the Natives , the original colonists, slaves and later immigrants. ALL had a equal part and brought different skills and contributions to the table. Deal with it.

I guess you only view those who can trace there ancestors back to the mayflower count as true Americans to you

edit on 10-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Logarock

America had become a superpower by the time the British were forced to sign the Treaty of Ghent at the end of the 1812 War.

Forced?

America didn't win the war of 1812.

America started the war and America did not achieve any of it war aims. Britain as the defender maintained the status quo.

At the very best it was a draw, but really Id call it a UK victory as they successfully defended the status quo. Seeing as Europe was having one of it big gang bangs at the time I think the UK did a pretty good job.

Id say the US didn't become a super power till the late 1800's and didn't topple the UK until 1945.
edit on 10-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

That link is a list of all slaves imported into the Americas, and almost all of them went to Latin America.

Ever wonder what happened to all the slaves brought into Mexico? Where is their black population?

Into the US, only 500,000 from 1619-1807, after which time importing slaves was banned in the US. All those millions went to what is now known as latin America. So no where near millions after US was founded as a country.

Millions of slaves were imported into British colonies at that time.

So yeah, you are wrong.

The industrial revolution had been going on for centuries, and Britain was ahead of the game, but around 1850 the US took over.

So your little tirade to bash the colonists is all based on lies. You want to give all the credit to immigrants, and that is also not correct, and a cheap shot.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

The industrial revolution started in Britain that is a fact.
Ahead of our game? we invented the game....

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I don't know how this turned into a US verses Brit discussion, but I will add that the Battle of New Orleans pretty much changed Britain's attitude about landing troops in the US forever after, it being such a lopsided victory for the US.

The Brits did convince Mexico that they could take Texas, and they had eyes for New Orleans, so Mexico attacked the US, and got their clocks cleaned, they were straight up embarrassed.

Britain supported the Southern slavers during the civil war, and we got a Brit on here slamming us on slavery, but they dared not land troops. Russia had our backs against Britain at that time, but I think the memory of New Orleans was the real reason they stayed out of things.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join