It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, yay or nay?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That isn't true, there is only 1creator, and just because I believe in him doesn't make him unknowable because he is the revealor... meaning I can know what he shows me of himself.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stok3th3fir3

That isn't true, there is only 1creator, and just because I believe in him doesn't make him unknowable because he is the revealor... meaning I can know what he shows me of himself.

I'm not sure you understood my post. Because you didn't say
anything I disagree with.
edit on Rpm30714v372014u40 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

randyvs
I have noticed many of the those that have voted Yay?
Don't seem to understand that once you decide you believe in God. Defining him in a way that dictates who or what he is just isn't going to happen for them. A lot of," I believe in God, but not this one or that one". Like their at Baskin Robbins or something.

I don't know what that means.

I said 'YAY' for God.
I also said that God is not who/what is described in the ancient human religious texts.
No one here really knows who God is. IMHO.
Lots of people claim to speak for him, but they all contradict each other.
So we just have to wait and see WHo He really is ... when we are dead.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Once you say YAY it doesn't mean that YAHUWAH is unknowable, as you said, you can search him out. Did you mean that some of us YAY sayers are obviously not seeking in him?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I have noticed many of the those that have voted Yay?
Don't seem to understand that once you decide you believe in God.
Defining him in a way that dictates who or what he is just isn't going
to happen for them. A lot of," I believe in God, but not this one or
that one". Like their at Baskin Robbins or something.

IF you read your bible closely you will find that there are many minor gods... all of which can be found in the OT

Jesus said there was a God of this world, so did Paul...

Just because there is only ONE True Father of creation, does not mean there aren't other minor deities...

Oh right.... YAY on the God thing, without a doubt

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Synchronicity eh? Now you have my attension. Carl Jung said some interesting stuff regarding that particular topic. Don't think it goes very well with intervention through. Human intervention maybe, but i don't see any evidence of God hand at play. Then again everyones perspective is different.

edit on 7-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Very nice thread... I may participate when I think I have more time...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stok3th3fir3

Did you mean that some of us YAY sayers are obviously not seeking in him?

Some of us have no interest in seeking a malevolent, jealous, wrathful tyrant, hell bent on torturing our species

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

How can you claim that you can't know GOD, and proclaim who he isn't in the same sentence? Open your heart and your eyes and your ears, for your FATHER is knowable, if you will feel him, see him, and listen to his voice... then he will be revealed and he will be known to you!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thats because you choose to fit YAHUWAH into a box that fits only your needs. Do you not get angry with child molesters? So you see some anger is RIGHTEOUS, some jealosy is RIGHTEOUS. You see YAHUWAH as a tyrant because you want to be disobedient. Just as AFTERINFINITY claims he doesn't beleive in GOD yet is following GODS law, you claim to know HIM but you reject HIM. YES GOD HAS A LEFT HAND (PUNISHMENT) AND A RIGHT HAND (LOVE) DEAL WITH IT!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by Akragon

Thats because you choose to fit YAHUWAH into a box that fits only your needs. Do you not get angry with child molesters? So you see some anger is RIGHTEOUS, some jealosy is RIGHTEOUS. You see YAHUWAH as a tyrant because you want to be disobedient. Just as AFTERINFINITY claims he doesn't beleive in GOD yet is following GODS law, you claim to know HIM but you reject HIM. YES GOD HAS A LEFT HAND (PUNISHMENT) AND A RIGHT HAND (LOVE) DEAL WITH IT!

haha... You sound a little angry...

Kinda like your god... Ironic?

You keep your yahoo god... Your tyrant is NOT my God, nor is he/she/it the Father of Jesus

I'll stick with a loving merciful God

thanks though

edit on 7-3-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thats the problem see, you are a false prophet, a father disciplines his children for there betterment. Any father who does not is a bad father. I hate the SIN not the sinner. I am angry with your sin not you... you are simply mislead. Sometimes a weed must be uprooted to allow a tree to bear fruit. Don't let a weed choke your tree, thats all I am telling you.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by Akragon

Thats the problem see, you are a false prophet, a father disciplines his children for there betterment. Any father who does not is a bad father. I hate the SIN not the sinner. I am angry with your sin not you... you are simply mislead. Sometimes a weed must be uprooted to allow a tree to bear fruit. Don't let a weed choke your tree, thats all I am telling you.

Oh here we go...LOL

I am no prophet, im just not blinded by a religion or a preacher...

A Father should teach his child, not use corporal punishment... Is it better to talk to a child that is misbehaving, or beat the crap out of them?

Should a Father forgive his child, or should he burn him with a hot poker?

You're angry because you're clueless as to what you worship, and I shed some light on your tyrant...

Take your saviours words to heart... A bad tree can not bear good fruit...

Your so called god is bad tree and so is the fruit it produces... One of the reasons im not a Christian by the way...

Because of the fruit your OT God produces

edit on 7-3-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You didn't answer the question either, is that because you know I'm right? If you answer the question to suit your selfish needs you would be a fool if you answered honestly you would be proven wrong.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by Akragon

You didn't answer the question either, is that because you know I'm right? If you answer the question to suit your selfish needs you would be a fool if you answered honestly you would be proven wrong.

You see in the English speaking world, a question requires a question mark...

there was no question in your last reply... just a bunch of angry rambling...

so please ask away

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by Akragon

Thats because you choose to fit YAHUWAH into a box that fits only your needs.

Ummm... I'm pretty sure this is exactly what the bible does, puts god into a box that fits its needs. Those who believe the bible are limiting god to a book or "box".

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Is it right to be angry with child molesters?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by Akragon

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Mine wasn't yay or a nay...it was a religious joke.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Akragon

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by Akragon

You see in the English speaking world, a question requires a question mark...

there was no question in your last reply... just a bunch of angry rambling...
(again SEE how you use sarcasm to sway minds like I am a fool, adding here twisting there... well sir that is decietfull.)
so please ask away

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join