It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, yay or nay?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

That still doesn't change the fact that you follow YAHUWAHs laws every day, while trying to discredit those who see that in you. SEE, your spirit guides you in YAHUWAHs law, your FLESH denies it, when the TWO BECOME ONE WHAT THEN WILL YOU DO?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I don't know about that. As I have explained to the OP before, theism and philosophy is my hobby. I enjoy debating them because they teach me about who we are. Religion offers a beer-goggles look at society, and if you understand what it's showing you, then you can read them like a newspaper.

Rarely does an atheist admit that theism is his hobby. A theist under the guise of atheist is an interesting paradox. If only theists said the same thing about atheism. But I enjoy that honesty.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

"It all depends on your definition of god does it not if you think it is or not."

Would you let your children play with Nuclear weapons?

All i'm saying is that from the perspective of any Judeo Christian God its time to put up or shut up!

Dude is most certainly an absent parent in all respects!

edit on 7-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by stok3th3fir3

You are not the FLESH and the FLESH is not you, you are the spirit which walked with YAHUWAH before ever being flesh.

If you are not your flesh then surely you do not need yours. Remove your pinky finger to prove yourself.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

So what's the big deal about believing in a sin sacrifice or performing rituals to appease an angry god? If all you need to do to worship God is to love others then what's with all this extra stuff in these "holy" books?

All of these things served a purpose at one time i.e. sacrifice of a 1 year old lamb would bring sorrow to my heart making me see that sin is death and death was caused by my hand, invoking in me a feeling of REPENTANCE, for by my hand an innocent has died.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

stok3th3fir3

3NL1GHT3N3D1

So what's the big deal about believing in a sin sacrifice or performing rituals to appease an angry god? If all you need to do to worship God is to love others then what's with all this extra stuff in these "holy" books?

All of these things served a purpose at one time i.e. sacrifice of a 1 year old lamb would bring sorrow to my heart making me see that sin is death and death was caused by my hand, invoking in me a feeling of REPENTANCE, for by my hand an innocent has died.

Death is a necessary part of life. Without death, live has no meaning. Just like without shadows, candles have no value.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
These threads always turn out the same. Basically boiling down to:

I'm right about stuff and you're wrong.

NO! I'M right! YOU'RE the one that's wrong!

Well, if I'm wrong then why does yadda yadda say yackity smackity?

*sigh*

When will they realize that they are BOTH right but both wrong as well?

All things are true.

All things are false.

There is no governor anywhere. There is no friend anywhere.

Kallisti

edit on Cam11Friday5720140631Fri, 07 Mar 2014 11:57:06 -06002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: god.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Words

Ahhh, but the body is a temple, just because I am not the flesh doesn't mean I should destroy it.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

So you are going with, "Whats the meaning of life?" "Death" Yeah that makes sense.

BTW, all trees have leaves, does that mean all treez come from the same tree? Similarity doesn't mean same. An aligator tastes like chicken but has the consistancy of fish, therefore the aligator is a byproduct of the fornications of the fish and the chicken..... what? Thats a rediculous conclusion isn't it? Man made computers with a keyboard... good design... thus we use the design over and over... that is why all creatures have similarities... YAHUWAH had a good design that all.
edit on 7-3-2014 by stok3th3fir3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
YAY

There is a God. He isn't the mean 'god' of the Old Testament or Quran - IMHO.
I know there is a God because of my personal experiences with Him.
I know that there is an afterlife and that the 'dead' are more alive then we can imagine.
I know this from my personal experiences as well.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

andy06shake

"It all depends on your definition of god does it not if you think it is or not."

Would you let your children play with Nuclear weapons?

All i'm saying is that from the perspective of any Judeo Christian God its time to put up, or shut up!

Dude is most certainly an absent parent in all respects!

God is very wise that god understands that god need's to let go so that the children can learn consequences of their actions. If god intervened on a high level humans would have been very annoyed since it would be a perceived violation of the free will. If god is absent then it is for a reason or that the person is unwise in the way the person try to contact the source.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Nay to human god.

Yay to open mind for something we cant even comprehend.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Buddy take a look out any window Humanity these days is already annoyed!

And there is nothing free about will, it takes courage(Or stupidity) to make decisions and then live with the consequence!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

You mean like how he refrained from intervention during the whole deluge thing?

Ppppbt!

Sorry that was just silly.

*laughs out loud*

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

"Yay to open mind for something we cant even comprehend."

That's the ticket! Well said!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

stok3th3fir3

So you are going with, "Whats the meaning of life?" "Death" Yeah that makes sense.

Never said that. The meaning of life is to make your life count. Remember, quantity is not quality.

"To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Here's another quote that I'm snagging from TrueBrit (thanks, bro!)

Without the finite element of life, no one would strive to get anything done. Procrastination would be the international pastime. Also, struggling against the FEELING of futility (I stress, futility is a feeling, not a truth), defines mankind as a species. We would become something utterly different if we never died, and there is no reason to assume that the thing we would become, would be any better than what we are, and has the potential to be a hell of a lot worse.

Immortality is futile. Life is meaningless without its end.

edit on 7-3-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This pic sums up how I think about it.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Quantity of life does not effect quality of life. i.e. I can live for two minutes of torment. Or ten minutes of complete joy. Have you not become wiser with time?
edit on 7-3-2014 by stok3th3fir3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

andy06shake

Buddy take a look out any window Humanity these days is already annoyed!

And there is nothing free about will, it takes courage(Or stupidity) to make decisions and then live with the consequence!

From my point of view that humanity have not nuked itself yet is an example of low covert intervention with synchronicity. But then I have gotten a low opinion on humanities collective intelligence and insanity in the leaders we choose and frankly believe that humanity is too dumb and shortsighted to survive even 10 years with nuclear weapon without killing themselves off if no one intervenes. To me that humanity exits in 2014 is a miracle.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Yays 10

Nays 7

Of interest, I have noticed many of the those that have voted Yay?
Don't seem to understand that once you decide you believe in God.
Defining him in a way that dictates who or what he is just isn't going
to happen for them. A lot of," I believe in God, but not this one or
that one". Like their at Baskin Robbins or something.

Double scoop of mean and nasty with some nice sprinkles
in a sugar cone please. Doesn't it make more sense that once one
decides Yay, one needs to search him out to know him? I've never
met anyone that I could just decide who they are.

edit on Rpm30714v292014u20 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join