It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, yay or nay?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by Akragon

Is it right to be angry with child molesters?

What kind of a question is that?

OF course anyone would be pissed at a child molester, but Most people aren't rapists or child molesters!!

Your so called "god" tosses decent people in the "lake of fire" because of stupid things, like not believing in a God... or petty theft

Everyone makes mistakes, that's right we all sin... and none of us will be saved IF we have to obey your tyrant God

That's why Jesus came in the first place, because the world was a mess...(still is) people were clueless as to what they worshipped just like you...

Your god needs the blood of the innocent to forgive sin... That's right, take a lamb, slit its throat, and let its blood spill on the ground

As if one can just place their sins on another being... No mercy, no forgiveness...just blood...

Then along came Jesus (thank God)... the son of the True Father... He came, showed us how to live, showed us what the true God wants from us... He said, I shall have mercy, and not sacrifice... the only sacrifice worthy of the true God comes from within... And there is no greater sacrifice then one who is willing to "sacrifice" himself for another...

And look what they did.... The worshipers of your tyrant turned him into a lamb, and spilled his blood... Just like the ways of old

Any other questions brother?

(again SEE how you use sarcasm to sway minds like I am a fool, adding here twisting there... well sir that is decietfull.)

NO... I speak the truth... the deceit comes with your own blindness
edit on 7-3-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

In short, there is righteous anger. Jesus IS YAHUWAH in the flesh, to deny 1 is to deny BOTH. Repentance was always accepted by YAHUWAH that is after all how JACOB was made ISRAEL. Every time YAHUWAH was going to pass judgement on nations and people, a prophet was sent to WARN them, and just like you turn your ear away, they did the same. Why is that? They wanted to hear sweet words exit the mouth of the prophets, not YOU ARE WRONG, REPENT. So with fair warning YAHUWAH passed JUDGEMENT on those who would turn a blind eye and a deaf ear on a clear call to change. People just want there EGOs stroked not to hear they are wrong, thats why the prophets were KILLED by men of wickedness not men of YAHUWAH but WICKEDNESS.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yay. Several of them.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

stok3th3fir3
You see YAHUWAH as a tyrant because you want to be disobedient.

No. I see the Old Testament 'god' as a tyrant because that is who the people who wrote the Old Testament made Him out to be.

Example - Take one look at Joshua ... supposedly doing God's work on earth. The dude was a terrorist. He mass murdered every living thing in city after city .. peaceful cities ... and then left the cities blood soaked and empty all the while claiming to do God's will. That's HORRID. So either Joshua was a terrorist who used God as an excuse to mass murder .. or God is a terrorist. It has to be one or the other.

YES GOD HAS A LEFT HAND (PUNISHMENT) AND A RIGHT HAND (LOVE) DEAL WITH IT!

QUIT YELLING FIRE AND BRIMSTONE AT PEOPLE!
ugh.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

CagliostroTheGreat
reply to post by randyvs

Yay.

But not the vengeful tyrant lord. The modern God is a lie.

Besides, Eris treats me better. Sure, I can't have hotdog buns and that nefarious crook Greyface is always lurking around every school and dmv, but overall Discordianism is the middle-hand path I choose to gallantly stroll along.

All hail Discordia!

Hail Eris!

Kallisti

Every time I encounter a Discordian, I have the scene in the Dark Tower going through my head where somebody (I think Mia) is shouting "Discordia, woah... Discordia!"

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by Akragon

In short, there is righteous anger. Jesus IS YAHUWAH in the flesh, to deny 1 is to deny BOTH. Repentance was always accepted by YAHUWAH that is after all how JACOB was made ISRAEL. Every time YAHUWAH was going to pass judgement on nations and people, a prophet was sent to WARN them, and just like you turn your ear away, they did the same. Why is that? They wanted to hear sweet words exit the mouth of the prophets, not YOU ARE WRONG, REPENT. So with fair warning YAHUWAH passed JUDGEMENT on those who would turn a blind eye and a deaf ear on a clear call to change. People just want there EGOs stroked not to hear they are wrong, thats why the prophets were KILLED by men of wickedness not men of YAHUWAH but WICKEDNESS.

There is a reason that most modern Christians don't spout fire and brimstone rhetoric anymore. Because it doesn't make sense. Instead, they say "You're right, the OT god doesn't make sense by our standards but we aren't meant to understand it with our..." yadda yadda insert justification here.

Now, what you are trying to do is justify the OT god's behavior as if it is okay by our standards. You will never win that argument because the OT god is so damned obviously tyrannical and contradictive that your only course of action is to just admit it and focus on the New Testament like most other Christians do.

There is no righteousness in killing an entire world full of families, children, and babies. There is no righteousness in dashing babies against rocks. There is no righteousness in setting quotas for collecting foreskins of heathens. There is no righteousness in stoning a woman or child to death because they disagree with you. It is a fruitless argument.

Just move on and say "Iduno" and then talk about your Jesus's message which actually makes sense.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stok3th3fir3

In short, there is righteous anger.

in short... that is an excuse

God has no reason to be angry because we all return to him for judgement...

Jesus IS YAHUWAH in the flesh,

No hes not... Jesus is the son of the True God, who has no name for there was nothing made to name him... Those that have a name were created by another

He called him Father, as do I, or God... not yahoo

to deny 1 is to deny BOTH.

Christian dogma...

Repentance was always accepted by YAHUWAH that is after all how JACOB was made ISRAEL.

Jacob was a warlord, and killed thousands... Just like his god

Every time YAHUWAH was going to pass judgement on nations and people, a prophet was sent to WARN them, and just like you turn your ear away, they did the same. Why is that? They wanted to hear sweet words exit the mouth of the prophets, not YOU ARE WRONG, REPENT.

No... they killed the prophets of the true God because they spoke the truth... Those that lived killed routinely... and conquered lands in the name of this so called god

So with fair warning YAHUWAH passed JUDGEMENT on those who would turn a blind eye and a deaf ear on a clear call to change.

Your yahoo has no power over those that see his lies....

People just want there EGOs stroked not to hear they are wrong, thats why the prophets were KILLED by men of wickedness not men of YAHUWAH but WICKEDNESS.

Think whatever you wish...

Your god has nothing to do with Jesus or the Father... He even said it himself

He said, No one knows the Father but the son, and no one knows the son save the Father...

and this

No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

and this...

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

No one here really knows who God is. IMHO.

Do we not find out a person exists before we get to know them?
We meet them and then only, do we get to know them.
I remember when I realised a Creator just made a lot more sense
to me. I was aware of him first and then wanted to get to know
him. So I made an effort. I didn't just decide he exists and at the
same time say, but he isn't the God of the Bible, or he isn't ZEUS.
Cause I didn't know. I disagree with you of course. I think you
can know him. But it isn't something you can decide for yourself?
You have to make an effort.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Genesis 15:13 and he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them 400 years; 14 and also that nation, whom they will serve, will I judge: and afterward they will come out with great substance. 15 and thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in an old age. 16 But in the fourth generation, they shall come hither again: for the INIQUITY of the Amorites is not yet full.
400 years was allowed for them to change, 400 years. Wow that is a swift JUDGEMENT. That is what I call LONGSUFFERING. Do you think god didn't warn them?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

IF you read your bible closely you will find that there are many minor gods... all of which can be found in the OT
Jesus said there was a God of this world, so did Paul...
Just because there is only ONE True Father of creation, does not mean there aren't other minor deities...
Oh right.... YAY on the God thing, without a doubt

Ak there is only one God. And that is our Father in Heaven. Satan is the God of this world
not because he is a god. But because mankind worships him as a god. Satan
is only a god as much as a golden calf of Elvis was a god. Idolatry.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by Akragon

IF you read your bible closely you will find that there are many minor gods... all of which can be found in the OT
Jesus said there was a God of this world, so did Paul...
Just because there is only ONE True Father of creation, does not mean there aren't other minor deities...
Oh right.... YAY on the God thing, without a doubt

Ak there is only one God. And that is our Father in Heaven. Satan is the God of this world
not because he is a god. But because mankind worships him as a god. Satan
is only a god as much as a golden calf of Elvis was a god. Idolatry.

You have to understand my meaning of god... that being entities who are greater then us...

I know there is only ONE true God, but I believe these other entities have been worshiped as gods in the past, and in some cases they still are...

Satan is the god of this world apparently... Though I don't believe in satan but that's beside the point...

What of Ba'al?

What of the gods of Egypt?

what of the canaanite gods?

What of this yahoo our friend loves to spout off about?

or this

Psalm 86:8 Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord.

Its quite clear there are minor gods in the spiritual realms... some of which were imposters like the OT god

In the past man has worshiped many gods, and even today there are many that are worshiped...

and as I've said, both Jesus and Paul say there are other gods, but only one true Father of creation

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

YAHUSHUA is the real name of Jesus, do you know what it means? It means YAHUWAH is salvation. Sorry you didn't know that. My name will be in his name. Well the MESSIAHs name contains the name of the very GOD you seek to overthrow. Sorry you didn't know that. Maybe your problem is that you are so intent on calling others DOGMATIC that you don't actually look for the truth. YAHUSHUA IS YAHUWAH, if you knew YAHUSHUA you would know that. Mathew 7:23 Jesus states depart from me you who work INIQUITY. What???? Is Jesus judging them? Yes he is. So you see even Jesus judges, how can you explain that, after all it is not proper for YAHUWAH to pass judgement, how then can Jesus do the same thing, and you think thats ok?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yay

I believe that there is something of significance. Just not a guy who sits and judges. I have had experiences that shook me a little and made me realize that there is more to us than this physical realm. Nay to religion.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Did you just say that the Caananites were worshipping other gods? Yes you did, couldn't that be why YAHUWAH passed judgement on them after 400 years? What were they doing for these gods? Maybe sacrificing children, sexual immoralty? Poisoning the earth with wickedness?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stok3th3fir3

YAHUSHUA is the real name of Jesus, do you know what it means? It means YAHUWAH is salvation. Sorry you didn't know that. My name will be in his name. Well the MESSIAHs name contains the name of the very GOD you seek to overthrow.

Yeah I know his name isn't Jesus... but you see I speak English, I don't need to use another language

IF we call the name Jesus do you believe hes actually saying "nope sorry, that's not my name"... I don't speak greek, or latin, I use the name I know in my language...

I feel sorry for you if you believe by using his name in another language you think you're somehow righteous... :shakes head:

Maybe your problem is that you are so intent on calling others DOGMATIC that you don't actually look for the truth. YAHUSHUA IS YAHUWAH, if you knew YAHUSHUA you would know that.

Again, I know his name in other languages that I don't speak...

Perhaps if you knew JESUS, you might realise that he is nothing like your yahoo... but you are blinded by your religion, or your preacher...

Mathew 7:23 Jesus states depart from me you who work INIQUITY. What???? Is Jesus judging them? Yes he is. So you see even Jesus judges, how can you explain that,

Right... All power is given to me in heaven and earth... Sound familiar?

Or try this instead...

30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.

33 Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.

34 But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.

35 He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.

36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

39 Search the scriptures; for in them YE THINK ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Now who do you think he was talking about... those who work INIQUITY?

Those like yourself who judge others, and condem others? those who speak highly of themselves and their beliefs yet show no love in their words and likely in their actions in life... I could be wrong, I don't know you or the life you lead... but words usually reflect the actions you take in life...

This is what you should read to find out who he was speaking about... I tell you in all honesty and truth, it is not me he speaks of

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

edit on 7-3-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

andy06shake
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Synchronicity eh? Now you have my attension. Carl Jung said some interesting stuff regarding that particular topic. Don't think it goes very well with intervention through. Human intervention maybe, but i don't see any evidence of God hand at play. Then again everyones perspective is different.

edit on 7-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

A little ki here a little ki there. Intention->Manifestation thru humans or other beings. Low key normally so not to be known yet by all. Hidden in plain sight.

It seems some people are becoming Radio Active. If you start reading lyrics you might see a information pattern that most have not noticed.

edit on 7-3-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Who says your standards are correct? Any son of the True GOD will not bend their FATHERs word to appease your feelings of what the ALLMIGHTY should be. Thus we have those who lead us into DEATH because of our fragile feelings. Jesus judges, YAHUWAH judges us, if they really loved you, they wouldn't hide the truth. Every prophet was hated because they told people to change and they would be judged. See AKRAGON can call me evil and thats fine I know who I AM. Be carefull for even the very ELECT will be fool if it is possible.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by Cuervo

Who says your standards are correct? Any son of the True GOD will not bend their FATHERs word to appease your feelings of what the ALLMIGHTY should be. Thus we have those who lead us into DEATH because of our fragile feelings. Jesus judges, YAHUWAH judges us, if they really loved you, they wouldn't hide the truth. Every prophet was hated because they told people to change and they would be judged. See AKRAGON can call me evil and thats fine I know who I AM. Be carefull for even the very ELECT will be fool if it is possible.

I didn't call you evil... get your facts straight

I said you know not who you worship...

I don't know you just as I've said before, just as you don't know me...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by Akragon

Thats because you choose to fit YAHUWAH into a box that fits only your needs.

Ummm... I'm pretty sure this is exactly what the bible does, puts god into a box that fits its needs. Those who believe the bible are limiting god to a book or "box".

You can use the bible as a map, but that do not mean there are not other maps.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Yay, but I think this should be fairly well known by now.

However, given that we are essentially beings that live in three or maybe four dimensions when we theorize that there could be many, many more than that. Dimensions we will never see or experience. Given that we are beings confined to this universe which is almost incomprehensibly vast, but we can also theorize that there may be other universes. Well, is it so hard to think that God, whatever He is, is a being outside our concepts of reality and our universe entirely? Is it so hard to think He can still affect us, particularly if He is responsible for its creation?

I don't claim to know God's reasonings for why He has done what He's done, but I feel pretty sure He exists. I've talked to Him pretty much every night of my life since I was in 1st grade by my own choice. No one told me I should do so. Maybe it had a lot to do with growing up in a house that felt ... wrong, bad (I think it was haunted) and praying made me feel better initially (there was no amount of fear over something happening in that house that prayer couldn't help drive away) and then it become a habit and now it's a comfort that comes with a certain inner sense of peace.

I've read all the reasons for why there is no God, but to me it's very simple to just as easily conclude that there is one as it is to conclude that there isn't.

I also don't understand all the hostility to the Commandments and Christ's direct teachings. I never understood why people object so deeply to the idea that you shouldn't spend all your time envying what other people have that you don't, lying, not being faithful to the one you say you are with exclusively or married to, murdering or stealing from others and not being disrespectful to your parents so long as they holding up their end of the bargain toward you.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join