It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, yay or nay?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Its not that I don't not believe in God LittleByLittle, or entertain the notion of an omnipotent(From our perspective at the time) entity having a hand in our creation. I just don't hold with Man made organised religions that kill mame and rape the planet in the name of our creator!

edit on 7-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by stok3th3fir3

So what's the big deal about believing in a sin sacrifice or performing rituals to appease an angry god? If all you need to do to worship God is to love others then what's with all this extra stuff in these "holy" books?

link   

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You are not an animal! Most certainly I am not a BEAST!

"Animal" does not mean "beast". Are you organic? Do you consume, metabolize and excrete? Do you have lungs, a heart, a brain? Then what exactly is it that makes a dog or a horse an animal and not you? And my point was that your statements suggest we must be taught love, that we must be trained in the process because it isn't a natural function like walking and talking.

Do you know what hell is?

A state of mind. There are places and emotions which threaten more chaos and pain than any circle of hell from Dante's Inferno.
edit on 7-3-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

andy06shake

Done that a long time ago pal, how does that answer my question?

Narrow path??? We all walk a fine line and it's called sanity!

The narrow path is YAHUWAHs law. Obey the ten commandments. Church is MAN made, not YAHUWAHs law.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Nay

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

The FACT that I was made in the IMAGE of YAHUWAH. You are calling man BEAST, that is not what you are.
NO hell means death nothingness utter distruction the grave the abyss. Isn't that what you believe happens when you die? You are right partly.
edit on 7-3-2014 by stok3th3fir3 because: (no reason given)

We were created GOOD but we fell, now you must learn to be what you were made to be. Here is the kicker, you are GOOD, remember how it would make you sick to know that your pleasure caused other pain? Even though you try to disprove YAHUWAH, you obey him, don't you see? You do exactly what you were created for whether you believe it or not.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Stuff the 10 commandments! They are nothing more than control constructs and completely man made! I know right from wrong! Don't need no Priest, Rabbi or Minister to enlighten me regarding what's appropriate behaviour!

Tell you what I will give you three that will far better suit you needs in this verse.

Take what you do not have, but have what you cannot take, never hurt anyone that is weaker than you!

The rest, as they say is chicken soup(Easy)!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yay. If God didn't exist, we wouldn't be able to talk about it. It exists at least as a topic of conversation.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Words
Yay. If God didn't exist, we wouldn't be able to talk about it. It exists at least as a topic of conversation.

It exists as an exercise in critical thinking. You can see how well that went.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

stok3th3fir3

The FACT that I was made in the IMAGE of YAHUWAH. You are calling man BEAST, that is not what you are.
NO hell means death nothingness utter distruction the grave the abyss. Isn't that what you believe happens when you die? You are right partly.

Hmm. I said I am calling man an "animal" because we share far too many similarities with other animals to completely ignore their relevance to our biological history. Not to mention that, technically speaking, we are classified under the kingdom of Animalia, in the same order as primates. What other kind of primates are there? Oh, those things we call animals. What does that tell you?

And as Dumbledore would tell you, there are things worse than death or oblivion.

Oh, you edited. Let's answer the rest of it:

We were created GOOD but we fell, now you must learn to be what you were made to be. Here is the kicker, you are GOOD, remember how it would make you sick to know that your pleasure caused other pain? Even though you try to disprove YAHUWAH, you obey him, don't you see? You do exactly what you were created for whether you believe it or not.

We were created to sit around and have the same old conversations over and over again. Living for two purposes: to worship, and to continue worshipping. Yeah, I won't take that statement back, but maybe I should clarify that that's me. I don't borrow that from any deity or take inspiration from any deity, any more than I would a fictional novel or a comedy show.
edit on 7-3-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I don't think that's true. In so far as critical activities are concerned, the topic of God is preschool level at best. Its time to graduate I think.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Thats because those commandments are written on your heart! Thats why you don't need a rabbi or pastor, the RUACH KODESH reminds you of all things lawfull and holy, the flesh steers you away from holiness.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Athiests say NO WAY!!
Believers say YAHWEH!!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

andy06shake
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Its not that I don't not believe in God LittleByLittle, or entertain the notion of an omnipotent(From our perspective at the time) entity having a hand in our creation. I just don't hold with Man made organised religions that kill mame and rape the planet in the name of our creator!

It all depends on your definition of god does it not if you think it is or not.

I have a lot of issues with man made organised religion also. I even found a few logical special cases where Buddhism from my point of view falls flat with simplifications and become dogmatic. And I have a tendency to put Buddhism on a pedestal compared to the other man made religions. And if I can find logical faults then there is probably a lot more that I have not noticed.

From my point of view man made religious text like the Bible and Quran are in a way more slandering the source (when read literally) and miss directing than praising the source. The Bible when read in fractal mode where you look for higher level spiritual information can be really cool but that takes a lot of work to find.

Do not worry. In the end it all works out. It just takes a few ages of evolution with a little synchronicity to guide it.

Believers say YAHWEH!!

So they say "the existing ONE" (meaning of YAHWEH)? Or are you implying another meaning/definition of YAHWEH?
edit on 7-3-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Words

I don't think that's true. In so far as critical activities are concerned, the topic of God is preschool level at best. Its time to graduate I think.

I don't know about that. As I have explained to the OP before, theism and philosophy is my hobby. I enjoy debating them because they teach me about who we are. Religion offers a beer-goggles look at society, and if you understand what it's showing you, then you can read them like a newspaper.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

You are not the FLESH and the FLESH is not you, you are the spirit which walked with YAHUWAH before ever being flesh.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

stok3th3fir3

You are not the FLESH and the FLESH is not you, you are the spirit which walked with YAHUWAH before ever being flesh.

Oh, this argument again. My flesh is as much me as any other part of me. Without my body, I wouldn't be talking to you right now. And since I don't remember this spirit, and have no reason to believe I was ever aware before this lifetime, there's no reason to get hung up on it. Every experience I have ever had, every joy, sorrow, and memory I now have, was only possible because I have this body. I am the flesh as much as I am the mind. All you have to do is electrocute me and destroy my brain to find that out.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

stok3th3fir3

Do you know what hell is?

AfterInfinity

A state of mind. There are places and emotions which threaten more chaos and pain than any circle of hell from Dante's Inferno.

Total disconnection/separation/"hate towards" in the mind to what is around you on all levels of creation. No connection/oneness/love for anything that is surrounding you. Only suffering.

Now for the opposite.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Buddy my Mum taught me such, not God, truth be told my parents were asked not to take me back to Sunday school because apparently I asked awkward questions!

If a 5 year old can pick holes in their stories then it's probably bullcrap, after all kids can smell it from a mile away!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

stok3th3fir3

andy06shake

Done that a long time ago pal, how does that answer my question?

Narrow path??? We all walk a fine line and it's called sanity!

The narrow path is YAHUWAHs law. Obey the ten commandments. Church is MAN made, not YAHUWAHs law.

Why not just follow the golden rule on all levels instead so that you are sure you are symbiotic with everything that is including god

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join