It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, yay or nay?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

From my point of view.

Personally it is the duality in the end that I have an extreme issue with. Added by Paul or someone posing as Paul. I am a firm believer in the golden rule and karma and the faith without works being dead vs Paul faith.

When I read Jesus i cannot see Jesus condemning anyone to something bad for faith technicality even if you follow the golden rule that Jesus preached. Jesus is better than that (ego less) and would care less if someone say his name (that technically is different depending on language). You say a divine name in intention and action not with words alone.

I think there are people all over this planet that Jesus would think of soul brother and soul sister even if they are following other religions like Buddha, Nanak, Pagan or are atheists. It is religion who chooses a duality where one view is opposed another for sometimes small minded reasons like what priest holds the power over the people.
edit on 7-3-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No again the Father is YAHUWAH, the people who JESUS was speaking to never heard YAHUWAHs because YAHUWAH stopped speaking to ISRAEL, because they were adding to scripture. Its called the TALMUD, those were the additions which ISRAEL still clings to in which there is no life. You removing scripture is also adressed in the same verse that says not to add to scripture.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

If I may ask...what is it like when you talk to him? Do you hear a voice? Get a gut feeling? Feel all giddy and euphoric?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yay

Edit:
I have more to say I just short on time
I'm digging what Stoke is saying.

edit on 7-3-2014 by Observationalist because: Cooking dinner

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stok3th3fir3

"Is it right to be angry with child molesters?"

SAY WHAT!!!

Context aside, that's a very controversial question given that everyone is indeed a product of society.

Personally I would take the eugenics approach to those types! Touch a kid you die, no ifs, no buts, no Coconuts(literally)!

edit on 7-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

My point was that YAHUWAH does get angry, but his anger is RIGHTEOUS, people see anger as "evil" but there is anger that is warranted. Child molestation is such a situation, as you ABSOLUTELY should get angry at this. YAHUWAH hates wickedness, would you expect GOD to have you in heaven with a person who does this till the day they died? What would a person like this say to GOD, "Well I believe in Jesus and I fed the poor every day" GOD says "Ok your forgiven even though you chose not to change, now get over there and watch those children" Come on, there is a point of taking a scripture to far.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Buddy if your YAHUWAH forgives that particular trespass in anyway shape or form that does not involve shoving a pitch fork up there arse for the better part of an eternity then he/she/it ain't worth paying no heed!

Some crimes deserve all the evil that humanity can bring to bear!

That's the Yin and Yang of it! Evil of that calibre only begets evil.

IMHO removal from our gene pool seems to be the logical answer regarding kiddie fiddlers.

Edit: Had a few beers so please don't take this as me being crass, but is YAHUWAH not the deity from the Avatar movie?

edit on 7-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

He will forgive those who trully repent and hate what they did. Even an evil heart of that nature can be saved, that is how powerful YAHUSHUA truelly is. That is the LOVE of YAHUWAH, that even they can choose life and turn away from Wickedness. They MUST truelly change though.

LOL, I have to watch it to find out if that is the name they use. YAHUWAH is the GOD of the bible whom YAHUSHUA (Jesus) called ABBA (Father). BEER IS A SIN YOU ARE GOING TO HELL.

Ha, just kidding, had to strengthen the opinion of HELL FIRE AND BRIMSTONE.
edit on 7-3-2014 by stok3th3fir3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Even an evil heart of that nature can be saved, that is how powerful YAHUSHUA truelly is.

Then why doesn't anyone pray for Satan?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The most tangible evidence I had, and I know you'll scoff so please don't bother, if that when I was growing up we lived in a house that had something in it that was very ... unfriendly. It could make you feel terrified for no reason. I used to think I was just a person naturally prone to sudden bouts of cold terror until I moved out and went to college and realized that I never had that problem anywhere else, ever. There were also weird things that sometimes happened and other stuff, but that's another post ...

At any rate, whenever I was caught in the grip of that fear or felt like I was being stalked, I used to just stop and pray silently, even if it was a seemingly silly as singing "Jesus Loves Me" in my head. It never failed. I always immediately felt taken care of, at peace, defended, and I still do feel that today when I pray.

It also helped me after the death of my grandmother and other similarly traumatic or emotional events or difficult times.

It's a simple feeling of peace, of being taken out of myself and into a quiet space inside my head where I'm somehow not alone even though, rationally I am.

I can't really fully explain it or describe it, but that's what faith is.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by Cuervo

Who says your standards are correct? Any son of the True GOD will not bend their FATHERs word to appease your feelings of what the ALLMIGHTY should be. Thus we have those who lead us into DEATH because of our fragile feelings. Jesus judges, YAHUWAH judges us, if they really loved you, they wouldn't hide the truth. Every prophet was hated because they told people to change and they would be judged. See AKRAGON can call me evil and thats fine I know who I AM. Be carefull for even the very ELECT will be fool if it is possible.

We know our standards are correct because they are the standards by which our conscience and moral compasses are based upon. You are saying that the right thing to do is go against your instincts and follow a counter-intuitive ethical standard because your "father" says to.

Now, let's take that literally for a minute. Pretend you are a child growing up in a sheltered home, raised alone by your father. He killed your mother long ago. You are not allowed to talk to others you see in the woods but you see they get along with each other and, even just by observing the animals, you get ideas that run counter to what you father says. You keep catching your father killing the travelers near your house and you find jars of foreskins in the basement but he just tells you that it is righteous and not wrong. In fact, it's the travelers who are evil. Evil for not coming to the cabin bearing gifts or because they are wearing the wrong colored shirt or because they eat the wrong color ice cream. You no longer think he's insane because you have let him define what is true even though the truth no longer represents anything in the dictionary under the word "truth".

This is how we know our standards are correct. It is because we see your father in the woods and we stay clear.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Interesting point and I love that you asked that, my wife mentioned that once, and I got offended, but I just witnessed YAHUWAH speaking through you to me. That was a truelly beautiful thought, thank you.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

You're welcome. Do you have an answer though?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

And you have no reason to suspect that that reaction might have been conditioned?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Thats called leaning on your own understanding. YAHUWAH does things that you perceive as "evil" but you can not see the whole picture. Say your mother was trying to suffocate you to death with a pillow, your father killed her to save you, you are now hiding from your father who loves you because he didn't have the heart to tell you your mother didn't want you. After all you were to young to remember this wrong. See its perception. Oh and those travellers offering you candy, they would be those child molesters we were talking about. But candy is good daddy you are evil.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

What if he knew from the moment he met her that she would attempt to smother you, and gave fueled her compulsion and even handed her the pillow? What if killing her was the only point at which he didn't play the role of Sauron? Every time I see one of these examples, it always mysteriously omits the fact that his omniscience makes him party to the knowledge of future transgression, therefore putting him in the position to manipulate the strands of fate thousands of years ahead of time without even trying. So if it got to the point where she actually had the pillow pressed against your face, you have to ask yourself how your all-knowing dad couldn't have stepped in earlier.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by Cuervo

Thats called leaning on your own understanding. YAHUWAH does things that you perceive as "evil" but you can not see the whole picture. Say your mother was trying to suffocate you to death with a pillow, your father killed her to save you, you are now hiding from your father who loves you because he didn't have the heart to tell you your mother didn't want you. After all you were to young to remember this wrong. See its perception. Oh and those travellers offering you candy, they would be those child molesters we were talking about. But candy is good daddy you are evil.

Wow.

I usually try to keep my parables air-tight but you managed to twist it around pretty well.

I'm done with trying to convince you of this as it's not my goal. My goal is only to explain to you how people know from right and wrong therefore they (even Christians) question the OT god's actions. There is no "perspective" to be gained because the bible is pretty explicit as to why he did it. Those cultures and societies he wiped out weren't on their way to heaven with a nuke. They just lived in a way he didn't agree with. Under no measure of ethics or morality (within the boundaries of acceptable levels of sanity) is all of his actions considered "good".

And you know what? That's ok. I understand. My deities are all very dynamic and they've had their dark moments as well as righteous. The difference is that none of their adherents claim their gods are "wholly good" like you do. Your OT god is very flawed and that's okay. That just comes with being a god.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Maybe people just need to be shown that they should be praying for him.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Why was Joshua commanded to destroy the caananites then? I know you know, because thats what you claim, so please humor me. What did the caananites do specifically?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by Cuervo

Why was Joshua commanded to destroy the caananites then?

Mostly because they lived in the "promise land". It's the same reason Israelites today feel they can treat the Palestinians like sub-humans and the same reason Christians have a history of doing the same in America to the natives.

Not sure where you were going with that.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join