It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, yay or nay?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Come on AI, I wouldn't count those votes,
that cancel each other out. And you of all people, should
know about my thing for setting guidelines on a welcome mat.
edit on Ram30814v13201400000007 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

So all the posters who said "yay for this but nay for that" didn't get a vote?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Correct AI

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisdolmethSachs

A wise man old in age will not hesitate to ask a child of 7 days what the place of life is like, and he will never perish.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Who says the OT has been debunked????

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It's great to see you're playing fair.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Interesting thread here.

I'm late, sorry. I'd say "yay" in general, but "nay" in terms of Abrahamic religions/human descriptives being accurate.

So my vote won't count anyway. ... Just thought I'd sign up - I like quizzes and polls.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No.. while it says that in revelations, it is also in dueteronomy, but you don't believe in the YAHUWAH, so don't worry about it.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by stok3th3fir3

you don't believe in the YAHUWAH, so don't worry about it.

Perchance I've misread your posts' intentions - weren't you telling everyone they'd burn in hell if they don't "believe"?

Just wondering. Getting mixed signals.

It seems, then, that the problem of an afterlife of torture is only an issue for those who believe it is real? Is that correct?

Yet, you clearly do worry about it....does that inhibit your ability to enjoy life? I think our Creator wanted us to enjoy what it cannot directly by living as a human here - because the Creator Force is not a "person," it can only observe - if it even does that much. As someone above said. (windword, I think).

edit on 3/8/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
IN regards to the claim(s) of the existence of a god type creature/entity

ANYTHING other that 'yay'........is a 'nay' by default.

And as such the OPs poll is misleading.....

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

I never once said burn in HELL, maybe once jokingly, but please quote a scripture that says hell is conscious torture. I'll be waiting. So you see your assumtions about me are wrong. I don't worry about death sir.
edit on 8-3-2014 by stok3th3fir3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I don't worry about death sir.

Neither do I, but as curious as I am as to what happens afterwards, I don't wish to hasten it. On balance, I'm enjoying my life.

I wonder every year this time if I will live to see another spring...
But I don't spend my time telling others if they don't agree with me they will burn.
So - I guess I did miss your intent. Okay.

Thank you for your reply. I just don't get why a "Creator" would want for his creation to be terrified. What a burdensome teaching. In my unimportant opinion.

Also: I don't believe it is in the Bible, but it is in the Koran.
Actually, I'm thinking of making my very first thread about the confusion that abounds in religions.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Never said that. The meaning of life is to make your life count. Remember, quantity is not quality.

"To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

This reminds me of Emily Dickinson:

If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.

-Emily Dickinson

www.poemhunter.com...

One of the 'mottos' that I've found written by others, including yours by Emerson; that indeed drives my lifetime here.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

Hell preached in the churches is a pagan idea, put there by the romans, hell is actually death. There is no bible pasage that says YAHUWAH is going to allow satan to torture you for an eternity. I don't want to see my brothers and sisters die, so yes I will judge RIGHTEOUSLY, and yes that is biblical. Yes the bible is real and it contains the truth, but we have a church that supports pagan ideas and do what you want because it isn't what you do that saves you. Thus we have a church judging others who litterally believe in Lawleness is the way to life. I believe in lawfullness and obedience not out of fear but by faith and spirit, walking in faith and spirit brings you to lawfullness. Prophets are sent to call people to REPENTANCE and this is hated and condemned as evil, but perhaps the call to REPENTANCE is the righteous call and the hating of it is evil.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

but you don't believe in the YAHUWAH, so don't worry about it.

You still didn't answer the question, though...

So non-believers needn't worry; correct?
Yet believers should?

Seems to me that relieving oneself of 'worry' is a worthy goal.
I asked if your fear inhibited your ability to enjoy being alive now.
'Worry' is a dreadful thing, and doesn't change anything at all.

IMUO.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Yes the bible is real and it contains the truth,

In your opinion.

but we have a church that supports pagan ideas and do what you want because it isn't what you do that saves you.
Which church is that? The 'sola fide' ones?

Thus we have a church judging others who litterally believe in Lawleness is the way to life.

Trying to decipher this one. You were/are judging others, though, weren't you, when you were talking about "RIGHTEOUS" judgment? And then you said if one doesn't believe in YAHUWHA (or however you want to label the concept), they needn't worry.

I believe in lawfullness and obedience not out of fear but by faith and spirit, walking in faith and spirit brings you to lawfullness.

That would mean "works" reflect your "faith", correct?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Prophets are sent to call people to REPENTANCE and this is hated and condemned as evil, but perhaps the call to REPENTANCE is the righteous call and the hating of it is evil.

Who thinks 'repentance' (remorse, understanding of one's infractions) is evil? Who hates and condemns it??
This is new to me. Please explain further if you are so inclined.

edit on 3/8/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: nm no edit

To randy: Sorry if I've derailed. Not intentional.

What's the count now??

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

stok3th3fir3
Who says the OT has been debunked????

Are you kidding???? DEBUNKED. Large portions of it are mythology and folklore. Large portions have been proven wrong by science and history and sociology and geology and archeology and DNA evidence.

Adam and Eve - debunked by science and DNA evidence
Noahs Ark - debunked by science and DNA evidence
Exodus - debunked by science and archeology
Abraham - proven to be an untrustworthy folklore story.

Literal belief in the Old Testament stories is NOT a requirement to believe in God.
The two are separate.

edit on 3/8/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Prophets are sent to call people to REPENTANCE and this is hated and condemned as evil

OH!!! Now I see another interpretation there, different from my prior response/reaction.....sorry.

So you're saying that the "Prophets" who are shouting at the general public outside of various venues such as concert halls, sports complexes, restaurants, etc......
are the ones who are hated and condemned for doing that.

You did not mean that 'repentance' is hated and condemned.
Is that right?

, but perhaps the call to REPENTANCE is the righteous call and the hating of it is evil.

Okay, so, if I got it right this time (or wrong again), would you please take a few ticks to let me know?

edit on 3/8/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: sorry

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by Akragon

No.. while it says that in revelations, it is also in dueteronomy, but you don't believe in the YAHUWAH, so don't worry about it.

Lol whos worried?

Speaking of the torah, and that particular book, tell me,

Do you attempt to kill those seeking other religions as Yahoo wants you to do in that book?

Deuteronomy 13:7-12
If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.

Because you know, you have to listen to yahoo... Don't add or subtract from that book... follow it to the letter etc etc

That's why Paul got steven stoned...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join