It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 525
<< 522  523  524    526  527  528 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
This one made me chuckle...

RT ‏@RT_com · 27m
URGENT: Moscow demands Europe to be impartial about events in #Ukraine on.rt.com...

11:49 GMT:

Moscow has demanded that the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) and the Council of Europe “immediately” give an unbiased assessment of what is happening in Ukraine, the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement.

“While Ukraine carries on punitive operations in eastern Ukraine, cleaning up some towns and sealing off others, a gag on information about the tragic events unfolding in that country has been introduced in the West,” the ministry said. “Even within OSCE circles, no one knows that blood is being spilled in Ukraine and that military troops are shooting at unarmed people. What sort of freedom of speech and freedom of media can one talk about in such circumstances?”

I see Russia once again faces the same issues it did with the UN.

A complete and total failure to provide any evidence to support their claims in Ukraine.

After calling the OSCE names I doubt the latest Russian demand will work.
edit on 4-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

troops have moved into Mariupol and have surrounded an administrative building held by anti-government protesters. There are a few hundred activists inside the building. They told RT that the army is warning them that if they do not leave the building in the coming minutes, they will be fired at and the building will be seized.

Naturally, as the IMF made it quite clear last week, unless the acting government manages to supress eastern militias and activists, any Ukraine bailout money could be halted, the government's crackdown against its people is understandable. Just as understandable would be Russia's inevitable retaliation against Ukraine's crackdown, as the civil war become a full blown conflict between two nations.

But for now, perhaps the most dramatic footage of the night, is this clip from Mariupol, where a branch office of PrivatBank has just burned down to the ground. At this point US bankers are slaying various animals to their assorted idols hoping nobody in the US is watching this clip and getting any ideas.

Full article here...
www.zerohedge.com...
edit on 4-5-2014 by angelchemuel because: Forgot a quote

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
This one made me chuckle...

RT ‏@RT_com · 27m
URGENT: Moscow demands Europe to be impartial about events in #Ukraine on.rt.com...

Moscow is in no position to make demands.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

Naturally, as the IMF made it quite clear last week, unless the acting government manages to supress eastern militias and activists, any Ukraine bailout money could be halted, the government's crackdown against its people is understandable. Just as understandable would be Russia's inevitable retaliation against Ukraine's crackdown, as the civil war become a full blown conflict between two nations.

But for now, perhaps the most dramatic footage of the night, is this clip from Mariupol, where a branch office of PrivatBank has just burned down to the ground. At this point US bankers are slaying various animals to their assorted idols hoping nobody in the US is watching this clip and getting any ideas.

More Russian arsonists at work. Which side are supposed to be the Nazis again?

Full article here...
www.zerohedge.com...
edit on 4-5-2014 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Who is Tyler Durdin?
Who is Paula Slier?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutzy
After being pro-democracy and anti-government forces, the pro-Russian separatists seem to have morphed into pro-autonomy fighters according to Russian media:

PaulaSlier_RT @PaulaSlier_RT
E. #Ukraine: Pro-#autonomy forces claim they've also regained control in #Slavyansk & #Andreyevka. #Kiev forces reportedly withdraw.

it would be much easier for everyone to just call them anti-fascists.
As that is what they are and that is why all of them wear St.George's ribbon which represent commemoration of anti-fascist resistance from WW2 in that region.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I do find some of the rhetoric that comes out of Russia's state controlled media quite amusing. It really is some of the most hypocritical stuff you will ever see, hear or read. Russia reminds me of North Korea. Millions of people being manipulated and lied to by a brutal regime. One would take organisations like Russia Today, ITAR-TASS and Voice of Russia seriously if they actually reported the truth for once but there again right at the start of this conflict they were told what to say and what to make up.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmonova

and is only awarded to Russian military members for -

The Order of Saint George is awarded to top and senior military officers for the conduct of military operations to protect the Fatherland in the case of attack by an external enemy which resulted in the complete defeat of the enemy, for the execution of combat and other operations in other states aimed at restoring international peace and security, for being a model of military science with feats that exemplify military prowess, and who were previously awarded state awards of the Russian Federation for distinction in combat.[5]

not really supporting your positon there are ya?

Also ignore the Fatherland reference since the group using that title ceased to exist in late 2000 when it merged with another Russian political party, creating the new party of United Russia.

yup.. Putins party...

link   

originally posted by: cosmonova

After being pro-democracy and anti-government forces, the pro-Russian separatists seem to have morphed into pro-autonomy fighters according to Russian media:

E. #Ukraine: Pro-#autonomy forces claim they've also regained control in #Slavyansk & #Andreyevka. #Kiev forces reportedly withdraw.

As that is what they are and that is why all of them wear St.George's ribbon which represent commemoration of anti-fascist resistance from WW2 in that region.

With Putin running Russia the way Hitler ran Germany, you cannot be anti-fascist and pro-Russian.

link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Yes tell me what exactly he said?
I do now what he said but I am curious to hear your side.

And we would love to hear what you think he meant by "our troops will be behind them."

this post is worth reply and I will respond with a question for you.
Do you stay behind what you post on this forum?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

PLinQatar ‏@PLinQatar · 16m
Amb. K. Suprowicz met earlier today Qatar's Minister of Energy & Industry M. S. Al-Sada. Polish-Qatari energy cooperation among the topics.

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 43m
Ppl reports about 2cars with #Crimean numbers near #Communist Party Office in #Kherson.Smth gonna happens in the city soon -FB | EMPR News

interesting movements and responses since the PM of Ukraine announced a visit to this area.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorT
I do find some of the rhetoric that comes out of Russia's state controlled media quite amusing. It really is some of the most hypocritical stuff you will ever see, hear or read. Russia reminds me of North Korea. Millions of people being manipulated and lied to by a brutal regime. One would take organisations like Russia Today, ITAR-TASS and Voice of Russia seriously if they actually reported the truth for once but there again right at the start of this conflict they were told what to say and what to make up.

It is interesting how each outlet cultivated a specific target audience to build its credibility before switching to outright lies. RT cultivated the American conspiracy market, giving airtime to various crank conspiracy theorists, while ITAR-TASS appealed to serious students of world affairs by presenting solid coverage of Russian policy and business news. The hope was, when they started telling outright lies, these markets would believe them. They were wrong.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

With Putin running Russia the way Hitler ran Germany, you cannot be anti-fascist and pro-Russian.
Agreed. I think it's absolutely disgusting how so many people on this forum seem to support Vladimir Putin and his government who are effectively taking the world back to WWII.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

and is only awarded to Russian military members for -

The Order of Saint George is awarded to top and senior military officers for the conduct of military operations to protect the Fatherland in the case of attack by an external enemy which resulted in the complete defeat of the enemy, for the execution of combat and other operations in other states aimed at restoring international peace and security, for being a model of military science with feats that exemplify military prowess, and who were previously awarded state awards of the Russian Federation for distinction in combat.[5]

not really supporting your positon there are ya?

Lol, I love how fast you went to check about St George.
And in your rush instead of checking about St. George Ribbon you checked about the Order of St. George.

Since the 60th anniversary of the Victory Day in 2005, the ribbon is freely worn by civilians in Russia and other former republics of the USSR as an act of commemoration and remembrance.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Yes tell me what exactly he said?
I do now what he said but I am curious to hear your side.

And we would love to hear what you think he meant by "our troops will be behind them."

this post is worth reply and I will respond with a question for you.
Do you stay behind what you post on this forum?

I stand behind them. They are my weapon.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I see we have another member of the mistake by ignoring history club...

Where do you think it came from chuckles?

Ribbon of Saint George
Order of St. George

The Georgian ribbon emerged as part of the Order of St George, established in 1769 as the highest military decoration of Imperial Russia (and re-established in 1998 by the Russian Federation). While the Order of St George was normally not a collective award, the ribbon was sometimes granted to regiments and units that performed brilliantly during wartime and constituted an integral part of some collective battle honours (such as banners and pennants). When not awarded the full Order, some distinguished officers were granted ceremonial swords, adorned with the Georgian ribbon. In 1806, distinctive Georgian banners were introduced as a further battle honour awarded to meritorious Guards and Leib Guard regiments. The pike on which these flags were mounted was topped by the Cross of St. George and adorned with 4,44 cm wide Georgian ribbons. It remained the highest collective military award in the Russian military until the Revolution in 1917.

For someone who seems to support Russia you apparently know very little about their history.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

It is interesting how each outlet cultivated a specific target audience to build its credibility before switching to outright lies. RT cultivated the American conspiracy market, giving airtime to various crank conspiracy theorists, while ITAR-TASS appealed to serious students of world affairs by presenting solid coverage of Russian policy and business news. The hope was, when they started telling outright lies, these markets would believe them. They were wrong.
Personally, I'm all for freedom of speech but Russia Today should be blacklisted around the world. Simply put, it is a propaganda machine. It's owner is one of Vladimir Putin's cronies.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
If this is the article that the translation was taken from, then the translation is possibly incorrect as the article refers to the present tense?
It would therefore support the poster's statement: www.presstv.com...

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I see we have another member of the mistake by ignoring history club...

Where do you think it came from chuckles?

Ribbon of Saint George
Order of St. George

The Georgian ribbon emerged as part of the Order of St George, established in 1769 as the highest military decoration of Imperial Russia (and re-established in 1998 by the Russian Federation). While the Order of St George was normally not a collective award, the ribbon was sometimes granted to regiments and units that performed brilliantly during wartime and constituted an integral part of some collective battle honours (such as banners and pennants). When not awarded the full Order, some distinguished officers were granted ceremonial swords, adorned with the Georgian ribbon. In 1806, distinctive Georgian banners were introduced as a further battle honour awarded to meritorious Guards and Leib Guard regiments. The pike on which these flags were mounted was topped by the Cross of St. George and adorned with 4,44 cm wide Georgian ribbons. It remained the highest collective military award in the Russian military until the Revolution in 1917.

For someone who seems to support Russia you apparently know very little about their history.

Since you conveniently ignore what I posted, I will do it again. Game, set, match. See you later fellas.

Since the 60th anniversary of the Victory Day in 2005, the ribbon is freely worn by civilians in Russia and other former republics of the USSR as an act of commemoration and remembrance.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Personally, I'm all for freedom of speech but Russia Today should be blacklisted around the world. Simply put, it is a propaganda machine. It's owner is one of Vladimir Putin's cronies.

The beauty of a censorship free world is that if everyone is allowed to speak freely, they will eventually show the world who they really are. Anyone can go through RT's archives and discover that they clearly peddle fiction.

top topics

<< 522  523  524    526  527  528 >>

join