It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 526
<< 523  524  525    527  528  529 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
For the benefit of those who call Ukraine's government "Nazi's" and "Fascists" take a look at this...
Now go and compare it with Russia's government still stuck in the early 1940's.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmonova

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: cosmonova

I see we have another member of the mistake by ignoring history club...

Where do you think it came from chuckles?

Ribbon of Saint George
Order of St. George

The Georgian ribbon emerged as part of the Order of St George, established in 1769 as the highest military decoration of Imperial Russia (and re-established in 1998 by the Russian Federation). While the Order of St George was normally not a collective award, the ribbon was sometimes granted to regiments and units that performed brilliantly during wartime and constituted an integral part of some collective battle honours (such as banners and pennants). When not awarded the full Order, some distinguished officers were granted ceremonial swords, adorned with the Georgian ribbon. In 1806, distinctive Georgian banners were introduced as a further battle honour awarded to meritorious Guards and Leib Guard regiments. The pike on which these flags were mounted was topped by the Cross of St. George and adorned with 4,44 cm wide Georgian ribbons. It remained the highest collective military award in the Russian military until the Revolution in 1917.

For someone who seems to support Russia you apparently know very little about their history.

Since you conveniently ignore what I posted, I will do it again. Game, set, match. See you later fellas.

Since the 60th anniversary of the Victory Day in 2005, the ribbon is freely worn by civilians in Russia and other former republics of the USSR as an act of commemoration and remembrance.

Wrong. Since you do not provide a link to your citation, you are in violation of T&C. We have no idea where that statement comes from, so how can we judge its truthfulness?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
[snipped]

There will be no international investigation into Right Secttor neo-Nazi war crime committed in Odessa, CIA puppet Yatsenouk has immediately shifted the blame on Odessa local authorities even though Odessa is fully under Kievs control;

Mr Yatsenyuk said of the Odessa violence: "I personally blame the security service and law enforcement office for doing nothing to stop this crackdown."

Mr Yatsenyuk said: "These security forces are inefficient and they violated the law."

He said the police chief of the Odessa region had been removed and that the prosecutor's office had started an investigation.

"The prosecutor's office is to investigate everyone - starting with the chief of police, his deputies and every single police officer."

www.bbc.com...
edit on Sun May 4 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: off topic material removed

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: renden
Ive read the article twice and must have missed it.

Where is the information about the CIA Shills?

and someone from ATS running an ap/op?

in addition to no investigation being made?

your claims and the link to the article is once again an attempt to lend credence of legitimacy to your claims in hopes people don't actually read the article.

also your claim of no independent investigation -

Arseniy Yatsenyuk told the BBC there would be "full, comprehensive and independent investigation".

from your source.

Since your claims aren't listed in the article, explain yourself please.

edit on 4-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorT

Personally, I'm all for freedom of speech but Russia Today should be blacklisted around the world. Simply put, it is a propaganda machine. It's owner is one of Vladimir Putin's cronies.

Just wondering, who owns RT? Who funds it? Please do tell...
I think the RF government has the right to establish and fund its own TV channel and network. Hell, almost every other country in the world does it. Or is it just that the Russians do it and you dislike their message?

edit on 4-5-2014 by Blister because: Correction

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Well done to Arseniy Yatsenyuk who has lead his country admirably since he came into power. Its a shame the same can't be said for Vladimir Putin.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Blister

Since he answered your question how about you provide facts to support your claims about US media sources.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I do find some of the rhetoric that comes out of America's state controlled media quite amusing.

i know many here claim to know exactly what happened at the Odessa trade union, as if they where actually there. well what do ya know. there is a survivor who was there and trapped inside.

www.sott.net... of-the-Odessa-Trade-Union-building-attack-speaks-out

After about twenty minutes a rope was thrown to us, we tied it up to a radiator and the people slowly started to climb down. Ordinary people had climbed up on to the cornices of the building and were helping us to climb down because there was a serious risk of falling. I couldn't see if anybody came down behind me, all I remember was that we heard a mobile phone ringing inside the building behind us, but its owner wasn't answering.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: letscit

Apparently your source has been logged in the past as posting unreliable / falsified information.

You have any other sources to support the claims of the "lone survivor" in the building who managed to escape before it burned to the ground
edit on 4-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blister

Personally, I'm all for freedom of speech but Russia Today should be blacklisted around the world. Simply put, it is a propaganda machine. It's owner is one of Vladimir Putin's cronies.

Just wondering, who owns RT? Who funds it? Please do tell...
I think the RF government has the right to establish and fund its own TV channel and network. Hell, almost every other country in the world does it. Even the USA and UK. Or is it just that the Russians do it and you dislike their message?
Dmitry Kiselyov is the head of Russia Today. The Russian Federation funds it's very own propaganda machine. Incidentally Kiselyov is very right wing with his views on Jews and homosexuality.

I dislike RT because it rarely tells the truth, even Putin once said because the channel is funded by the government it can't help but reflect Russia's political position.
edit on 4-5-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

(post by renden removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

RF government owns and funds RT. It is not owned by a Putin "crony", if any such thing exists.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

link   

originally posted by: Blister

RF government owns and funds RT. It is not owned by a Putin "crony", if any such thing exists.

I used the wrong word, my apologies. Dmitry Kiselyov is/was the deputy head of RT. I'm quite concerned they have an anti-Semitic person who is also a homophobe leading such a 'global' organisation.
edit on 4-5-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

link   
thread is now dead. no sense staying.
a reply to: letscit

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: letscit
God im getting tired of people running to conclusions...

The SOURCE you used is prohibited on this site.

that means your ENTIRE post only shows the warning that popped.

Even someone replying to that post has the information blocked and that warning appears.

Its automated and as such im guessing the net is cast wide to prevent any use / reference from that site, regardless if the info you are referencing is factual or false.

Next time I wont help you out.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Statement from MIA Mariupol press service:
mvs.gov.ua...

Staff Mariupol garrison police conducted a series of measures aimed at the liberation war , which took hostages , and the removal of weapons from the invaders. Law enforcement officers arrested the three defendants , the facts of the riots opened criminal proceedings , civilian casualties are not allowed.

According to the Acting Head of Criminal Police Mariupol gorupravleniya Alexis Paniotov, it was reported that about 15 hours of 03/05/2014 to checkpoint the Armed Forces of Ukraine , which is stationed in the village fishing , got a few people , though , to give all possible assistance military ( brought food) .

It later emerged that the food contained a substance that caused drowsiness in state security forces . For half an hour , about 20 unknown in three cars drove up to the military and taking advantage of vulnerability , captured five members of a military crew selected the 4 machine , grenade launchers, machine guns and ammunition. At the office in spetstehnitsi remaining two soldiers who were able to fight back , repulsed the attack and was not allowed to seize their weapons. Captives were taken to a room Mariupol City Council . There also brought weapons, which were taken in the security forces .

In order to prevent bloodshed and destabilize the situation in the city , police and military leadership began a peace dialogue with the invaders. The initial phase of negotiations has yielded positive results. Law enforcement officials offered a reasonable compromise Sturmovik : they voluntarily hand over weapons and military released - and against them will not apply strict measures . However, even during the negotiations the representatives of so-called Donetsk People's Republic began to build barricades of car tires at the intersection of Lenin Avenue Street Kazantsev.

When security forces withdrew from City Hall hostages , activists set fire to tires and refused to give arms. After another dialogue with the invaders , new conditions: in exchange for weapons police should remove the circle around the perimeter of the city council.

But even after this agreement the other party started to act contrary to the agreements and opened fire towards the police. Guardians had to make a few warning shots in the air, but that did not stop the activists who were in the city council. This peaceful dialogue ceased, and by the protesters began an aggressive act aimed at the destruction of property by fire, were heard gunshots. Also a group of people pushed to the center of town where smashed and burned at one of the Party organizations and banking institutions , the city has caused considerable damage to property.

Police arrested three people who , according to preliminary information, involved in the arson in last night . Open criminal proceedings under Part 2 of Art. 147 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine - " Hostage-taking " and Part 2 of Art. 294 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine - " Riots ", for which the penalty of imprisonment for up to 15 years.

Currently, the personnel of the garrison Mariupol police conducting measures to return the stolen weapons and the establishment of other persons involved in the events of the previous day.

Press service of Mariupol MU

MIA of Ukraine in Donetsk region

It seems civilians have a lot more uses to the separatists than living shields. Ukr soldiers apparently drugged by something in the food that was brought to them by locals near Mariupol, leading to the capture of several soldiers along with their weapons.

top topics

<< 523  524  525    527  528  529 >>

join