It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 527
<< 524  525  526    528  529  530 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorT

originally posted by: Blister
a reply to: ProfessorT

RF government owns and funds RT. It is not owned by a Putin "crony", if any such thing exists.

I used the wrong word, my apologies. Dmitry Kiselyov is/was the deputy head of RT. I'm quite concerned they have a nazi and a homophobe leading such a 'global' organisation.

Can you prove that he is a nazi? Dmitry Kiselyov is of jewish descent.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Apparently pro-Russians gathered in Odessa in front of the police HQ are trying to break down the door to gain acces to the premises:

Howard Amos ‏@howardamos

They are breaking down the door to the police station: pic.twitter.com/D6zlA1tRPR

pic.twitter.com/D6zlA1tRPR
pic.twitter.com/ZFfTq9oHTC
edit on Sun0000003112314 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

LE: Live stream on location:
bambuser.com...

Apparently things start getting out of hand in Odessa:

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR 1m

Fighting now breaking out in a number of locations in the east and #Odessa . Will be posting updates from all locations |EMPR News

edit on Sunu3112314 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

Different stream from Odessa:
ukrstream.tv...
edit on Sun0000003112314 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: letscit

thread is now dead. no sense staying.

Why because other members have different views on this conflict that don't agree with you?

They called it a discussion and it has two sides.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

So answer the question... how did you know what he posted before it was posted?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

RF government owns and funds RT. It is not owned by a Putin "crony", if any such thing exists.

I used the wrong word, my apologies. Dmitry Kiselyov is/was the deputy head of RT. I'm quite concerned they have a nazi and a homophobe leading such a 'global' organisation.

Indeed, have a search around the internet and you will find his anti-Semitic views in abundance.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Calling him a Nazi is a bit of an exaggeration. That would be like calling Yetsenyuk a Nazi. On the other hand:

On 16 February 2014 he critised two Jewish writers, Viktor Shenderovich and Igor Irtenyev, who had both compared the Sochi Winter Olympics to the Summer Olympics in Berlin in 1936 and claimed that the only major difference between the two was that Nazi Germany had a higher standard of living. Kiselyov ridiculed their comments and revealed to his audience that Irtenyev's real name was Igor Moiseyevich Rabinovich, a clearly Jewish name, and pointed out that under Hitler Shenderovich and Irtenyev would have both been persecuted and died. He has been condemned by Jewish advocacy-groups for the above comments.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Again, can you prove he is a Nazi - having a dispute with people of jewish faith does not make him a Nazi.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

So answer the question... how did you know what he posted before it was posted?

this is what my side shows -

So im not sure what you are referring to.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Blister

Unfortunately, the term "Nazi" gets misused so much that it has become meaningless. Let's just say that some xenophobic, nationalistic power hungry individuals believe in having a strong, authoritarian government run by a charismatic leader with absolute power, enforcing the system with the threat of terror. The head of Russia's effective Ministry of Propaganda would almost certainly be such a person.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Again, can you prove he is a Nazi

Can you prove he isn't?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
While several here are busy enabling the thread derailers, things are heating up in Odessa today;

interfax.com.ua...

In Odessa, riots erupted again , the agency " Interfax-Ukraine " on Sunday .

Several hundred pro-Russian activists blockaded the building in the morning city police department on Ul.Preobrazhenskaya , which contains many of the detainees during the riots on May 2.

While on the Kulikovo Field , where previously burned camp " antimaydana " gathered around a thousand people . They held a prayer service for the dead , and then groups moved towards the municipal department of the Interior Ministry.

On the way pro activists started beating passerby , and beaten up until he was rescued traffic police officers .

Brawls also arise under the building gorupravleniya police. According to media reports , has already suffered one police officer .

Photo of the man hit by pro-Russians:
pic.twitter.com/TjBnMwNGoI
edit on Sunu3112314 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutzy
your right.. my apologies

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 6m
Red Cross Rescue Teams on stand-by in #Kharkiv @itsector #russiainvadesukraine #Ukraine pic.twitter.com/9g3yF9NvNf

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

[off topic material removed]

None of the pics you present show any evidence that you saw a reply to my question about RT before you implied there had been a reply.

Still waiting here.

edit on Sun May 4 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Unfortunately, the term "Nazi" gets misused so much that it has become meaningless. Let's just say that some xenophobic, nationalistic power hungry individuals believe in having a strong, authoritarian government run by a charismatic leader with absolute power, enforcing the system with the threat of terror. The head of Russia's effective Ministry of Propaganda would almost certainly be such a person.

Lots of big words there for you...

I know that is your simple opinion, but correct if I'm wrong and you have some real facts instead of emotional slogans and made-up names calling. Please.

In your opinion, what sort of person threatens other countries with nuclear war and says homosexuals' organs are unfit to use for transplants? Never mind... this is getting way off topic.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

stay on topic....... staaaay ooon topic...
Controller: DJWoo1 you switched off your targeting computer! What's wrong?
DJWoo1: nothing!

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 10m
Pro-#russians stom PoliceHQ gates in #Odesa now.Inside there are a lot of weapons they can get hold of if succeed -vk pic.twitter.com/zndvukwqrX

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 18m
Sumskaya street in #Kharkov is closed |EMPR News #russiainvadesukraine #Ukraine @itsector pic.twitter.com/7GhpnMOtRf

edit on 4-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Re: your double account (actually I suspect you have at-least three - but that is for another day).

If you believe that then report him, but let's keep this thread on topic as some are getting there updates here and appreciate the work that is being done by some.

top topics

<< 524  525  526    528  529  530 >>

join