It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 528
<< 525  526  527    529  530  531 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Another stream from Odessa police HQ:
www.ustream.tv...

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR 20m

Fighting now breaking out in a number of locations in the east and #Odessa . Will be posting updates from all locations |EMPR News

It seems they are achieving their goal:

Jim Roberts ‏@nycjim 1m

Prisoners being released from Odessa police station. RT @howardamos: At least 10 out so far: pic.twitter.com/oQujanNQh2

pic.twitter.com/oQujanNQh2

Howard Amos ‏@howardamos 7m

The police have let out prisoners. Crowd goes wild: pic.twitter.com/ZGsbOf3t3M

pic.twitter.com/ZGsbOf3t3M
edit on Sunu3112314 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The police in Odessa are being forced to release pro-Kremlin suspects - presumably from the trade union building fire. It looks like Putin has paid for more bus loads of thugs to cause havoc in Odessa today.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 22m
Fighting now breaking out in a number of locations in the east and #Odessa . Will be posting updates from all locations |EMPR News

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorT

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 43m
Ppl reports about 2cars with #Crimean numbers near #Communist Party Office in #Kherson.Smth gonna happens in the city soon -FB | EMPR News

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 11m
#Odessa , now , no sign of the police pic.twitter.com/tFTaUGTwq0 |EMPR News #russiainvadesukraine #Ukraine pic.twitter.com/XRy8VmTAih

edit on 4-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   
And for the benefit of those who are blind to the fact that self declared Nazis are in power in Ukraine holding top positions, check this out:

Svoboda ("Freedom") was founded in 1991 as the Social National Party of Ukraine.

The party idolizes Stepan Bandera, whose followers fought on the side of the Nazis during World War II against the Red Army and Ukrainian communist militias.

Bandera’s Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists (OUN) had direct support from the Germans: Hitler wanted them to police Ukraine after the Germans took it, and the OUN organized volunteer militias that actively participated in the Holocaust.

"The Jews of the Soviet Union," declared the Banderists, "are the most loyal supporters of the Bolshevik Regime and the vanguard of Muscovite imperialism in the Ukraine."

When the Germans took Lvov in the summer of 1941, the Banderists sent a message to Lvov’s Jews in the form of a pamphlet which said: "We will lay your heads at Hitler’s feet"!
Which they did; the OUN worked with the SS to round up and slaughter 4,000 of the city’s Jews. Their weapons of choice: everything from guns to metal poles.

Right Sector (Ukrainian: Пра́вий се́ктор, Pravyi Sektor) is a Ukrainian nationalist political party and paramilitary collective of several organizations, described by some major publications as having far right, nationalist, or ultranationalist views.

The group claims to have at least 5,000 to 10,000 members.

It first emerged at the end of November 2013 at the Euromaidan protests in Kiev, as an alliance of far-right Ukrainian nationalist groups and the Ukrainian National Assembly – Ukrainian National Self Defence (UNA-UNSO).

Neo-Nazis holding important seats in Ukrainian parliament and government:

1. Oleh Tyahnybok, Svoboda leader, now a top official of the Ukrainian Parliament, is an unrepentant anti-Semite.
In the summer of 2004, he made a speech to his followers at the gravesite of a Banderist commander in which he declared: "You are the ones that the Moscow-Jewish mafia ruling Ukraine fears most."

His peroration also made reference to "Kikes" as prominent among those the Banderists fought.
Tyahnybok was expelled from Parliament for his remarks, but the "revolution" has installed him back in his seat – and more powerful than ever.

2. Ihor Tenyukh, interim defense minister and a member of Svoboda’s political council. Formerly commander of Ukraine’s navy, in 2008, during Russia’s war with Georgia, he ordered Ukrainian warships to block the entrance of the Russian Navy to the bay of Sevastopol.

3. Andriy Parubiy, National Security Council chief, co-founded Svoboda back when it was the “Social National” (ahem!) party.

4. Dmytro Yarosh, deputy head of the National Security Council, i.e. the police, and the founder-leader of "Right Sector," a militant neo-Nazi paramilitary group that took charge of security in the Maiden.

5. Oleh Makhnitsky, Svoboda member of parliament, is prosecutor-general.

6. Oleksandr Sych, Svoboda parliamentarian and the party’s chief ideologist, is deputy prime minister for economic affairs.

7. Serhiy Kvit, a leading member of Svoboda, is to head up the Education Ministry.

8. Andriy Moknyk, the new Minister of Ecology, has been Svoboda’s envoy to other European fascist parties.
Last year, he met with representatives of Italy’s violent neo-fascist gang, Forza Nuovo.

9. Ihor Shvaika, agro-oligarch and a member of Svoboda, has been appointed Minister of Agriculture. One of the richest men in the country, his massive investments in agriculture would seem to indicate a slight conflict of interest.

Disclaimer: It is necessery to post this info here again, as some members of our ATS community are trying hard to erase history of mass atrocities commited by the Nazis.
edit on 4-5-2014 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

link   
Numbers of those released by police increasing:

Ukraine Reporter ‏@StateOfUkraine 48s

#Odessa police was forced to release arrested, ~30 have been released inc. Muzyko, head of pro-#Kremlin party 'Rodina pic.twitter.com/XeQU3w5kt4

pic.twitter.com/XeQU3w5kt4

Howard Amos ‏@howardamos 2m

Now the chant is "Odessa is a Russian town": pic.twitter.com/IlzPj5tj0u

pic.twitter.com/IlzPj5tj0u

Ukraine Reporter @StateOfUkraine
#Ukraine #Odessa pro-#Kremlin MP of 'Rodina' party Bovbalan confirmed all arrested pro-#Rusians were released from police dept.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

FRANCE 24 ‏@FRANCE24 · 10m
#BREAKING: Hundreds of pro-Russian activists attack Odessa police station f24.my...

Kyiv Post ‏@KyivPost · 6m
Ukrainian forces reclaim television tower in #Sloviansk www.kyivpost.com...

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 5m
Police HQ. Pro-#russians call to release ppl who were detained on May 2,2014. They chanting "#Odesa - russian city"-live |EMPR News #Ukraine

RT ‏@RT_com · 1m
JUST IN: #Odessa police release those detained during clashes on Friday; via @IrinaGalushkoRT pic.twitter.com/bbennMv7vw (Photo by @howardamos)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Privat Bank office in Yenakievo stormed and looted

ConflictBreakingNews @MiddleEast_BRK
Pro-Russian bandits loot bank in #Enakievo. No police there to stop them b/c it's a political deed. youtube.com/watch?v=N_uhyh… #Ukraine

More on Yenakievo:

Pravdivaâ JUSTICE @ Pravdiva_pravda

17:32 Enakievo. Affected building Metallurgical Institute.
pic.twitter.com/wdth9TUc6V

pic.twitter.com/wdth9TUc6V

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown
And for the benefit of those who are blind to the fact that self declared Nazis are in power in Ukraine holding top positions, check this out:

Svoboda ("Freedom") was founded in 1991 as the Social National Party of Ukraine.

The party idolizes Stepan Bandera, whose followers fought on the side of the Nazis during World War II against the Red Army and Ukrainian communist militias.

Bandera’s Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists (OUN) had direct support from the Germans: Hitler wanted them to police Ukraine after the Germans took it, and the OUN organized volunteer militias that actively participated in the Holocaust.

"The Jews of the Soviet Union," declared the Banderists, "are the most loyal supporters of the Bolshevik Regime and the vanguard of Muscovite imperialism in the Ukraine."

When the Germans took Lvov in the summer of 1941, the Banderists sent a message to Lvov’s Jews in the form of a pamphlet which said: "We will lay your heads at Hitler’s feet"!
Which they did; the OUN worked with the SS to round up and slaughter 4,000 of the city’s Jews. Their weapons of choice: everything from guns to metal poles.

Right Sector (Ukrainian: Пра́вий се́ктор, Pravyi Sektor) is a Ukrainian nationalist political party and paramilitary collective of several organizations, described by some major publications as having far right, nationalist, or ultranationalist views.

The group claims to have at least 5,000 to 10,000 members.

It first emerged at the end of November 2013 at the Euromaidan protests in Kiev, as an alliance of far-right Ukrainian nationalist groups and the Ukrainian National Assembly – Ukrainian National Self Defence (UNA-UNSO).

Neo-Nazis holding important seats in Ukrainian parliament and government:

1. Oleh Tyahnybok, Svoboda leader, now a top official of the Ukrainian Parliament, is an unrepentant anti-Semite.
In the summer of 2004, he made a speech to his followers at the gravesite of a Banderist commander in which he declared: "You are the ones that the Moscow-Jewish mafia ruling Ukraine fears most."

His peroration also made reference to "Kikes" as prominent among those the Banderists fought.
Tyahnybok was expelled from Parliament for his remarks, but the "revolution" has installed him back in his seat – and more powerful than ever.

2. Ihor Tenyukh, interim defense minister and a member of Svoboda’s political council. Formerly commander of Ukraine’s navy, in 2008, during Russia’s war with Georgia, he ordered Ukrainian warships to block the entrance of the Russian Navy to the bay of Sevastopol.

3. Andriy Parubiy, National Security Council chief, co-founded Svoboda back when it was the “Social National” (ahem!) party.

4. Dmytro Yarosh, deputy head of the National Security Council, i.e. the police, and the founder-leader of "Right Sector," a militant neo-Nazi paramilitary group that took charge of security in the Maiden.

5. Oleh Makhnitsky, Svoboda member of parliament, is prosecutor-general.

6. Oleksandr Sych, Svoboda parliamentarian and the party’s chief ideologist, is deputy prime minister for economic affairs.

7. Serhiy Kvit, a leading member of Svoboda, is to head up the Education Ministry.

8. Andriy Moknyk, the new Minister of Ecology, has been Svoboda’s envoy to other European fascist parties.
Last year, he met with representatives of Italy’s violent neo-fascist gang, Forza Nuovo.

9. Ihor Shvaika, agro-oligarch and a member of Svoboda, has been appointed Minister of Agriculture. One of the richest men in the country, his massive investments in agriculture would seem to indicate a slight conflict of interest.

Disclaimer: It is necessery to post this info here again, as some members of our ATS community are trying hard to erase history of mass atrocities commited by the Nazis.

Disgusting collection of biological specimens. These are the scum and neo-Nazi-types that Xcathdra and Professor defend. If that is what Ukraine has allowed to take power then I hope they and their likes are soon gone.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

MaidanOnline ‏@MaidanOnline · 3m
‘Putin is a Fascist’ Heading toward War, Feltshtinsky Says wp.me... fb.me...

FRANCE 24 ‏@FRANCE24 · 4m
Meet the self-proclaimed 'people’s mayor' of Ukraine's Slaviansk f24.my...

ugh

#Ukraine #Odessa pro-#Russians chanting "Odessa is Russian city" pic.twitter.com/nYHVEgp5hP @StateOfUkraine | EMPR News

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 8m
#Odesa. To be clear,the police are opening the cells themselves.To save the mob breaking down the doors. Now releasing prisoners @howardamos

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

ugh

#Ukraine #Odessa pro-#Russians chanting "Odessa is Russian city" pic.twitter.com/nYHVEgp5hP @StateOfUkraine | EMPR News

? all those quotes and all you can offer is "ugh"? Discuss it. Offer opinion.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Disgusting collection of biological specimens. These are the scum and neo-Nazi-types that Xcathdra and Professor defend. If that is what Ukraine has allowed to take power then I hope they and their likes are soon gone.
Who rattled your cage?

I haven't defended anyone in Ukraine's government.
edit on 4-5-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
People still in Odessa police HQ:

Howard Amos ‏@howardamos 39s

This is the situation outside the armoury. No concerted effort to storm. Yet. pic.twitter.com/5GE3V3sreo

pic.twitter.com/5GE3V3sreo

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

The police in Odessa are being forced to release pro-Kremlin suspects - presumably from the trade union building fire. It looks like Putin has paid for more bus loads of thugs to cause havoc in Odessa today.

I think that shows where you stand.

In attacking Putin you defend nationalists and an illegitimate Ukrainian government.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Is called baiting...

#Kharkiv Major Gennadiy #Kernes send greeting to #Ukraine @euromaidan pic.twitter.com/KJqiGYhOU4 | EMPR News

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 8m
Anti-#maidan in #Odesa call to kill each who don't state himself #russian . #Kremlin "democracy" in action dumskaya.net... … | EMPR

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blister

originally posted by: Xcathdra

ugh

? all those quotes and all you can offer is "ugh"? Discuss it. Offer opinion.

Start new thread.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

In attacking Putin you defend nationalists and an illegitimate Ukrainian government.
I am not defending nationalists or the legitimate Ukrainian government. Infact, go a few pages back and you will see exactly what my thoughts are on the trade union fire and who I believe killed those poor people inside.

It's not my fault Putin is paying people to cause trouble in Ukraine.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorT

I am not defending nationalists or the legitimate Ukrainian government. Infact, go a few pages back and you will see exactly what my thoughts are on the trade union fire and who I believe killed those poor people inside.

In calling the post-coup occupiers of the Rada "legitimate" you defend it.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This thread is too important to have so much off topic banter/bickering.
Keep side discussions for private messages [u2us].
Those with extensive post removals in this thread WILL face posting bans.

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

ATTENTION!!!!

Bickering and belittling are not part of the topic.
You are responsible for your own posts.

Don't Respond to Obvious Trollery, Just Alert It

I Don't Agree with YOU...

How Not To Be Banned From ATS...Or, A Word About Politeness.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorT

In calling the post-coup occupiers of the Rada "legitimate" you defend it.
No, I defend the maidan protesters who fought to overthrow Viktor Yanukovych who was corrupt.

new topics

top topics

<< 525  526  527    529  530  531 >>

join