It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 517
<< 514  515  516    518  519  520 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: cosmonova

I think what he is stating, and stated, was the video is old, based on what you stated, and that an old video has nothing to do / relevant for the actions occurring now.

That was my take on it as well!

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Huh, must be a new shift. As some leave others fill the void. Interesting...

Get over it.. the same can be applied to all perceived "sides". If you want to go down this road though how about we see which "side" has the most accounts created in the last 3 months.

Hint - Pro Russian -

OSCE observers released

RT ‏@RT_com · 23m
PHOTO: #OSCE observers released in #Slavyansk arrive in #Berlin on.rt.com... pic.twitter.com/HUuGwzBJnN

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 27m
Another WANTED pro-#russian terrorist who shot on peaceful #ukrainians in #Odesa yesterday - Umanets FB | EMPR Promo pic.twitter.com/beoHTibfQC

edit on 3-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 2m
Attempt to seize #Ukrainian military unit No3035 in #Lugansk failed. National Guard troops repelled the attack www.unian.ua... … | EMPR

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Zap the UN needs to do this. Say ok russia obstains. so they have no objection to UN action ALl infavor say Aye?
And then if they say veto say sorry you obstained on it when it was asked. No take backs. The UN would do that IF they had GUTS.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I think what he is stating, and stated, was the video is old, based on what you stated, and that an old video has nothing to do / relevant for the actions occurring now.

than you are not paying attention to what he said either. What you think he said and what he said are different things. Pay attention.

Take this with a grain of salt the pro Russian group has been using the trade house as a headquarters as you can see even at there own headquarters cant assemble more than maybe 200 people. There not a major force in the area i think thats why when they shot at the crowd they chased them back to there headquarters.'

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Russia doesn't have to veto it. China has a permanent Veto. They can get them to do it for them. They don't have to do anything.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Get over it.. the same can be applied to all perceived "sides". If you want to go down this road though how about we see which "side" has the most accounts created in the last 3 months.

Hint - Pro Russian -

OSCE observers released

RT ‏@RT_com · 23m
PHOTO: #OSCE observers released in #Slavyansk arrive in #Berlin on.rt.com... pic.twitter.com/HUuGwzBJnN

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 27m
Another WANTED pro-#russian terrorist who shot on peaceful #ukrainians in #Odesa yesterday - Umanets FB | EMPR Promo pic.twitter.com/beoHTibfQC

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 2m
Attempt to seize #Ukrainian military unit No3035 in #Lugansk failed. National Guard troops repelled the attack www.unian.ua... … | EMPR

That is very true. A few PRO COMMUNIST in this thread havemade their ENTIRE POSTING HISTORY in this thread. Its sick that they have not been removed.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

No I paid attention.

I think there is a break down in communication comprehension and nothing more.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Russia doesn't have to veto it. China has a permanent Veto. They can get them to do it for them. They don't have to do anything.

Well They could tell china to stuff it too. If they veto it we can cal our debt nullified in exchange since its obvious they are in russia pocket then and working against the interest of the world/UN

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I think I am missing something...

Abstaining from a vote by a permanent member does not go into the no column - Its simply listed as a not voted.
If a resolution before the SC is voted on, and members vote yes and some vote abstained and there are no "no votes", then the resolution passes.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

No your not paying attention and once again like youve done multiple times you decipher what you believe someone said. We were discussing the rally that occurred today Protesting the deaths from the fire. It was reported less than 200 Pro Russians started at the trade center and marched to show there anger over police. They are also requesting the Removal of the governor.If after a massacre the city is in an uproar like you claimed would have been far more than 200 people. Your posting of an irrelevant march that occurred weeks before did nothing other than try to derail and inflate the significance of an otherwise minor event. The march didnt gather near the support even i would have expected.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Blood and gunfire in Ukraine army attack on rebel checkpoint - AFP

Near Slavyansk (Ukraine) (AFP) - Blood flowing from a bullet wound, the grey-haired man lies in the middle of the roadblock waving weakly for help as shots ring out nearby and thick black smoke from burning tyres curls into the sky.

"I've called an ambulance. They have to come, they have to come," a man screams, ducking for cover behind a concrete breezeblock.

A hundred metres (yards) away, a column of Ukrainian army armoured vehicles opens fire again. The sound of their mounted machine guns and the soldiers' automatic rifles echoes as they move in on one of the remaining pro-Russian rebel checkpoints just south of the rebel bastion of Slavyansk.

From nearby trees, separatist gunmen shoot back with the clack-clack-clack of sporadic automatic gunfire.

They are retreating, as they realise they are no match for the larger Ukrainian force.

Click link for remainder of article.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

My apologies for speaking for you. I've seen you post for sometime now and I did not think you meant it in the fashion he tried to present it in.

Either way I should not have answered / clarified your position.

My bad man.

back on topic -

RT ‏@RT_com · 3m
#Kharkov bans Sunday mass demonstrations over security concerns on.rt.com... #Ukraine

even better - RT has once again changed the name of Pro Russians - They are now known as "pro autonomy" peoples. The name change sends a dangerous signal to those people. It tells me Russia is most likely going to cut its losses and not intervene on their behalf.

However, this is interesting - from same article.

19:39 GMT:

Citizens of Poland and the Baltic countries are receiving Ukrainian passports to participate in the fight against self-defense troops as field commanders and counselors, a source in the Ukrainian Interior Ministry told RIA Novosti.

“[The head of the ministry Arsen] Avakov and [head of the Security Council Valentin] Nalivaichenko each within their departments, have filed orders on April 29 to the migration service to urgently make passports for 300 citizens from Poland and the Baltic countries,” said the source.

The source added that these citizens are already taking part in Kiev’s punitive operation in southeastern Ukraine in the capacity of field commanders and advisers.

Cant get Ukraine then why not go after NATO. Anytime Russia gets caught and called out, a few weeks later they start accusing the opposition of the same thing.

they seem to like the number 300 a lot -

He said that around 300 residents have gathered on Mariupol’s central square to counter the troops.

“Residents are unarmed, they blocked roads in the city center, built up barricades from tires and other things not to let hardware pass. Theysettiresonfire,” Krutkosaid.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

No your not paying attention and once again like youve done multiple times you decipher what you believe someone said. We were discussing the rally that occurred today Protesting the deaths from the fire. It was reported less than 200 Pro Russians started at the trade center and marched to show there anger over police. They are also requesting the Removal of the governor.If after a massacre the city is in an uproar like you claimed would have been far more than 200 people. Your posting of an irrelevant march that occurred weeks before did nothing other than try to derail and inflate the significance of an otherwise minor event. The march didnt gather near the support even i would have expected.

what you said:

Take this with a grain of salt the pro Russian group has been using the trade house as a headquarters as you can see even at there own headquarters cant assemble more than maybe 200 people. There not a major force in the area

and in regards to 'not a major force' my reply was this:

maybe you should watch the whole clip not stop after 30 seconds.
edit on 3-5-2014 by cosmonova because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Well They could tell china to stuff it too. If they veto it we can cal our debt nullified in exchange since its obvious they are in russia pocket then and working against the interest of the world/UN

the reason its not voted on is simple realize debates in the security council happen even after the meetings. Russia has obviouslt shown it would Veto any UN peacekeepers but have hinted at them being peacekeepers so im sure it was mentioned. Now why dont they vote image the UN security council will look like an idiot if they vote to take action and then Russia vetos it because theirs nothing they can do.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmonova

what you said:

Take this with a grain of salt the pro Russian group has been using the trade house as a headquarters as you can see even at there own headquarters cant assemble more than maybe 200 people. There not a major force in the area

Right comment wrong video thanks for showing your also dishonest.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5/3/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Hint - Pro Russian -

Now if that ain't the funniest # right there. HA! So that makes it right? Take heed ATS, take heed.

It's disgusting and beyond transparent on BOTH SIDES, get over it? How about give me a break, give us ALL a break.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

“We are not separatists, we are not radicals. I live in Kharkov and I am 61 and want to understand what country I live in,” said one local resident.

“When are they going to stop calling us separatists? We get up each morning and start greeting each other, ‘hello I’m a separatist’, ‘hello, I’m a terrorist,’” said a women living in Lugansk.

Residents in the east of the country are ready for the long haul. They have local support and have begun to fortify positions around cities and towns, in preparation for expected attacks from forces loyal to Kiev. However, many hope it won’t come to this.

“We are all Slavs. We have to live in peace. We are brothers and we should not fight each other. Our home is Russia,” said a group of men aged around 50. “How is it possible to listen to that so-called government from Kiev who gave orders today to kill their own people in Slavyansk,” they continued.

very good documentary shot by ordinary people living in various places in South East of Ukraine.

rtd.rt.com...-1

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

what you said:

Right comment wrong video thanks for showing your also dishonest.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

explain what is wrong with video?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Youre not getting what i am saying. the UN minus russia and china can go it alone despite their wishes. If russia is a pariah they should be barred from the UN membership until they change orare not a issue.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

“We are not separatists, we are not radicals. I live in Kharkov and I am 61 and want to understand what country I live in,” said one local resident.

“When are they going to stop calling us separatists? We get up each morning and start greeting each other, ‘hello I’m a separatist’, ‘hello, I’m a terrorist,’” said a women living in Lugansk.

Residents in the east of the country are ready for the long haul. They have local support and have begun to fortify positions around cities and towns, in preparation for expected attacks from forces loyal to Kiev. However, many hope it won’t come to this.

“We are all Slavs. We have to live in peace. We are brothers and we should not fight each other. Our home is Russia,” said a group of men aged around 50. “How is it possible to listen to that so-called government from Kiev who gave orders today to kill their own people in Slavyansk,” they continued.

very good documentary shot by ordinary people living in various places in South East of Ukraine.

rtd.rt.com...-1

I also noticed used alot of footage we saw in Crimea like them forcing the Ukrainian military out of the troop transport. RT is shall we say misrepresenting the facts being shown. I guess RT thinks we have short memories.
edit on 5/3/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 514  515  516    518  519  520 >>

join