It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenEars123

well still no confirmation about the last video ... hope it's not happening now

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

TritonTaranis

DJMSN
I believe your title is misleading as Russia has never declared war on the Ukraine but the exact opposite, it is the Ukraine stating the Russian troops on the ground are tantamount to Russia declaring war.
l

Have you forgotten that Russia troops have surrounded Ukrainian military installations penning them in IN THERE OWN COUNTRY?

Have you forgot the Ukrainian government has asked countless times for Russia not to interviewed and withdraw along with the EU and the US ?

It's like your totally ignoring the illegal occupation of Ukraine and UN law

Sheesh some people are hard work

dude go see the afp timeline again they are there called by the Crimea leader asking for help

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dolby_X

Agreed!

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Gaining some perspective altitude on this, three great posts which helped me get a foothold here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks Bassago and ThePublicEnemyNo1

Try this viewpoint out: the west (read bankster controlled) has been courting Ukraine for some time. Russia see's this a threat to their interests in the region. Crimea holds many Russians and Russian military facilities. If Ukraine goes, the Crimea is not going with them. As Russia makes a move, Ukraine reaches out to those who have been selling them the Kool Aid for years. They put the oligarchs in power. A move orchestrated to demonstrate their willingness to play ball.

Honestly, I think the EU/US/et al do not want military action in the region. The oil flows from Russia. Without the oil, the pipelines generate no profit. Perhaps this was a miscalculation on their part. Putin and Russia are demonstrating they will not roll over on this one. NIMBY! Maybe they would accept the East/West partition but the cabal will pay for it. Kind of like if corporations had military's.

...what am I saying? That's exactly what this is.

Alright ATS, where am I screwed up?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

yup globaly it's like that

edit on 2-3-2014 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

ABNARTY
Gaining some perspective altitude on this, three great posts which helped me get a foothold here:

Try this viewpoint out: the west (read bankster controlled) has been courting Ukraine for some time. Russia see's this a threat to their interests in the region. Crimea holds many Russians and Russian military facilities. If Ukraine goes, the Crimea is not going with them. As Russia makes a move, Ukraine reaches out to those who have been selling them the Kool Aid for years. They put the oligarchs in power. A move orchestrated to demonstrate their willingness to play ball.

Honestly, I think the EU/US/et al do not want military action in the region. The oil flows from Russia. Without the oil, the pipelines generate no profit. Perhaps this was a miscalculation on their part. Putin and Russia are demonstrating they will not roll over on this one. NIMBY! Maybe they would accept the East/West partition but the cabal will pay for it. Kind of like if corporations had military's.

Strategy wise its actually very important to the United States. It is Russia's back door, same way Hitler came in. Like you said they control that pipeline and I think the EU is tired of the threat that they can shut it off at anytime. Again, I think this may be a war for oil and also a strategic placement of a US base.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Dolby_X
Can we focus on Russia and Ukrain ? Isreal Iran Korea, Nuke etc... a least wait untill these contry have said something about the situation even China is still silent .

There are breaking news reports of north Korea launching two missiles, not sure of trajectory bit I'd assume out too sea

The message

Well I'm not entirely sure but it's a reminder that should NATO go smash Russia, the Korean peninsular will also ignite

and then Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Philippines, will be dragged In to and all out war

Let hope not but hey hoo that Kim Jong une is as crazy as a bag of cats he's on a whole new level of psychotic than Putin

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

Putin most likely asked / ordered North Korea to launch them as a distraction, as well as to send a message. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Unconfirmed. Poland mobilizing.

Liveleak video

There is construction equipment on the train, so maybe just fortifying border?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

nice news but i try to focus on the op tittle Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine
The last real headline i found for now is the G7 saying Putin is a bad guy we dont want to go in a luxury party with then for a G8 meeting

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Dolby_X

We, the leaders of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States and the President of the European Council and President of the European Commission, join together today to condemn the Russian Federation’s clear violation of the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine, in contravention of Russia’s obligations under the UN Charter and its 1997 basing agreement with Ukraine. We call on Russia to address any ongoing security or human rights concerns that it has with Ukraine through direct negotiations, and/or via international observation or mediation under the auspices of the UN or the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe. We stand ready to assist with these efforts.

more at the link www.whitehouse.gov...

Later in the same news release on the White House site it says:

We are united in supporting Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity, and its right to choose its own future. We commit ourselves to support Ukraine in its efforts to restore unity, stability, and political and economic health to the country. To that end, we will support Ukraine’s work with the International Monetary Fund to negotiate a new program and to implement needed reforms. IMF support will be critical in unlocking additional assistance from the World Bank, other international financial institutions, the EU, and bilateral sources.

Can somebody translate politician speak? Because I'm not sure if this means:

a) The G7 countries are not going to do a thing except that once the dust settles they will try their best to get the victor to accept mega debt through the IMF and the World Bank to 'restore' the country, or

b) The G7 countries are actually saying, "Pretty please President Putin don't start WW3 and we will pay you off in billions through the IMF and World Bank that you can siphon off into your Swiss bank accounts,"

Or something else...?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

KingJod

ABNARTY

Strategy wise its actually very important to the United States. It is Russia's back door, same way Hitler came in. Like you said they control that pipeline and I think the EU is tired of the threat that they can shut it off at anytime. Again, I think this may be a war for oil and also a strategic placement of a US base.

Russia economy is resource based, Gazprom is essentially the Russian economy if that goes bust so does Russia economy

Now here's where it gets interesting

Everybody knows that there is a huge war being fought in the Middle East with Sunni and Shiite Muslims.. You top two ME tug of war is Iran, which is a Shiite Muslim country

On the other end of the rope you have Saudi Arabia, who is a Sunni Muslim con try

Syria is a 90% Sunni Muslim country

Syria's government is 90% Shiite

They're a majority in power,

Putin and his mafia are keeping him in power because they know full well that should there puppet regime be replaced by a Sunni government that they would lose it I flu acne in the country and possibly is only Mediterranean naval base

Now not only that.... But most importantly the Saudis and Qatar want to build a super pipeline from the Middle East to supply Europe with very cheap gas and oil and surprise surprise are also flooding the country with western arms since they do billions a year in arms deal with there western friends, but idiots seem to think is the CIA lol just Sunni Muslims helping Sunni Muslims ... But any way let's get to the point... This pipeline is expected to run though

..... Yup Syria and Ukraine

SO GO FIGUR

Now we cAn justify Russia crazy hitler actions

At thee d of the day..

Over 200,000 people have died in what should have been a peaceful transition of power when Assad should have stepped down in Syria

Now Russia has invaded Ukraine to make sure more people suffer

But hey ho blame the west again lol
edit on 2-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

LookAtThisMarsRock

Liveleak video

its winter, 2.0c over there.
Doesn't look like it in the video's!
I'd love for Poland to be mobilizing but I don't think its true.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LookAtThisMarsRock

dont mind what i say check the post above me !

nice video but like some one in the coment point out Poland is in winter no green ground like that ...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Good point. Must be disinfo lol

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

LookAtThisMarsRock

Liveleak video

Hmmm all the ppl in Poland saying that video is BS because it showing summer in Poland...

Theres snow covering Poland atm.

link   
This article gave me insight that I haven't seen before about the players involved in this crisis. Maybe in this case Mr. Putin isn't the bad guy he is being portrayed to be. Let's hope things will calm down and avoid major bloodshed.

Thoughts?

"Let me make sense of what’s happening in Ukraine for you as that country descends into armed chaos, threatening to oust the legitimately elected Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich and place the country in the hands of rebel forces spearheaded by Ukrainian neo-Nazis and Chechen Islamist radicals."

www.wnd.com...

link   

"Moscow and Kiev signed a deal extending the lease on the base for 25 years after the current lease expires in 2017".

www.windowonheartland.net...

Did you forget that the current "elected" administration in Ukraine leased facilities to the Russians for an extended period of time ? Russia has always had troops in Crimea and I would argue 2000 troops is hardly a prelude to full out war. In addition to the agreement the current elected leader is in Moscow calling the shots. He may be considered a dictator but until elections he is still the recognized leader unless now the world will change its mind about elected leaders. I'm only saying there has not been a declaration of war on the part of Russia against any one...and since they have a vested interest in the area, it largely being made up of Russian ethnic p[people that they should be the ones to send in troops to stabilize the area and avoid further escalation of the civil unrest which has resulted in death and destruction which has helped no one....again there has not been any declaration of war. Would you prefer American boots on the ground under the guise of nation building ? Would you consider that to be a declaration of war on our part ?

And as an update there are an estimated 6000 troops from Russia in Crimea a part of the new force there....make no mistake that I am green lighting the operation by Russia but we in the West cannot cry foul when they may actually help the problem as tensions between the ethnic Russians in Crimea and Ukraine are ready to boil over into full scale civil war. Also I do not believe this to be the reason for Putins move....he is being proactive in protecting the home of his Black Sea Fleet home but also sees an opportunity to expand his empire at the same time.
edit on 3/2/2014 by DJMSN because: addition and correct a figure

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
So as the American People are watching the Oscars, World War Three is starting? Most of them with no clue?

This thread is making me very nervous.

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join