It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

it's the middle of the night there
Simferopol at night. Absolute ghost town.
edit on 2-3-2014 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

DJMSN
reply to post by TritonTaranis

"Moscow and Kiev signed a deal extending the lease on the base for 25 years after the current lease expires in 2017".

www.windowonheartland.net...

Did you forget that the current "elected" administration in Ukraine leased facilities to the Russians for an extended period of time ? Russia has always had troops in Crimea and I would argue 2000 troops is hardly a prelude to full out war. In addition to the agreement the current elected leader is in Moscow calling the shots. He may be considered a dictator but until elections he is still the recognized leader unless now the world will change its mind about elected leaders. I'm only saying there has not been a declaration of war on the part of Russia against any one...and since they have a vested interest in the area, it largely being made up of Russian ethnic p[people that they should be the ones to send in troops to stabilize the area and avoid further escalation of the civil unrest which has resulted in death and destruction which has helped no one....again there has not been any declaration of war. Would you prefer American boots on the ground under the guise of nation building ? Would you consider that to be a declaration of war on our part ?

1 Russia has authorised the use of its military on Ukrainian soil without the permission of Ukraine and against the wishes of the Ukrainian people

2 Russia has far more than 2,000 troops in and Eastern Ukraine & Crimea as they have many airbases and a naval port in Ukraine

3, ethnic people living within another country's boarders cannot ask there homeland to invade and steal land if that's the case then any country could seen half it's population on holiday and go claim it for themselves

The video of Russian forces penning in Ukrainian troops in there own country speaks louder than words, this is a clear invasion and an attempt to influence and capitalise on a destabilised Ukraine.... Only the peoples voices of Ukraine should matter here, not the Ukrainian governments or the Russia mafias

The people of Ukraine... They should vote and bring in a new government that serves them, and that be the majority of Ukraine, not ethnics and planted troops pretending to be Ukrainian nationals

Russia is in clear breach of UN law, that is undeniable

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

and Russia does not recognise the new Ukrainian gov.
and Crimea region ask for help ...
see both side of the situation there . Not saying Russia is right to be there but as for now help was asked like Kyiv ask EU and US help

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
as middle of the night almost the only sources of news are twitter

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR 3m
#Ukrainian soldiers are not allowed enemy to enter #Sevastopol MU No1656 & have refused to lay down weapons -KrymSOS FB|PR #CrimeaInvasion

twitter.com...

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR 2m
Soldiers from #Balaklava military unit No2382 in #Crimea ask journalists come at 8am to the unit to support the truth -KrymSOS FB |PR News

that is 3 hours

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAlive

Even in that instance, where our country was under attack and military action on our part was justified, I still do not see people of today agreeing to a draft. I actually laugh thinking about some inner city thug who hustles just enough to get thru the day getting draft orders. He would rip those orders up and then shoot whomever came to try and take him off to training! Then factor in the people who have an IQ over 75 and can see how war is unnecessary in this day and age. Even if we are invaded by a large army on our homeland - at that point it is more of an "every man for himself" situation - "army troops" would matter very little.

Sure, a rouge invasion on our homeland by another country's army would be the most efficient way for the gov to appeal to people for a draft but still, no way in hell anyone would ever go!

The day a draft is instated (which I will bet a slurpee from 7-11 will never happen) again is the day I purchase a serious weapon. You come to my door looking to bring me or my kids to war, youre gonna die before that happens... plain and simple. And normally, I'm not a violent man in the slightest!

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR 20s
#Russian BlackSeaFleet captain has warned #Sevastopol MU No656,if they refuse to layDown weapons,storming willStarts thisMorning -espreso.tv

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dolby_X

So what should I do if war broke out? Were does that lead the future for us. Is any were safe ? Russia is like china. It is a super power.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Dolby_X

TritonTaranis

DJMSN
I believe your title is misleading as Russia has never declared war on the Ukraine but the exact opposite, it is the Ukraine stating the Russian troops on the ground are tantamount to Russia declaring war.
l

Have you forgotten that Russia troops have surrounded Ukrainian military installations penning them in IN THERE OWN COUNTRY?

Have you forgot the Ukrainian government has asked countless times for Russia not to interviewed and withdraw along with the EU and the US ?

It's like your totally ignoring the illegal occupation of Ukraine and UN law

Sheesh some people are hard work

dude go see the afp timeline again they are there called by the Crimea leader asking for help

Lol and that blows right over your head... No surprise

Crimea is part of Ukrainian

A leader of Crimea does not have the right to call for a foreign army to invade and seize control it is illegal, there are plenty of Ukrainian bases in the region that are now surrounded buy Russia troops, and there was also NO riot or problems in the East the riots and protests where in the west

The fact is the Crimea is riddled with Russian intelligentsia and Russian troops and it is highly likely to be a Russian loyalist

Sorry but because of pro Russian ethnics demands in another country, you can't seize a country's regions, otherwise as I said before all you'll have to do is send and pay for people to go on holiday aboard and when you get enough of them there you automatically own it WTF?

What planet we on again?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
If Russia sets the precedent, expect all Mexicans in the USA to follow suit and annex a large portion of the US to become Mexico again....same difference.

(it wouldnt happen, but this is the Russian prescedent).

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

check i live in Québec separatist province in Canada. If we ever gonna be a contry Canada will not let this happen and will use army to keep us by force. What do you think will happen ? yup usa will come and try to protect us. kinda the same thing happen there.

A region of the contry does not recognise the new Ukrain gov. who was not there democraticly pushed bvy force, and ask help to protect itself from these tug who take power by the use of riot murder etc... i dont say the leader that was in place before was all white but at least he was elected.

Abavs dont know man your guess is good as mine

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dolby_X

The fact that Russians are surrounding bases then appear to be going to great lengths to deny there Russian is concerning. This means they can get away with using force and then claim it wasnt them. This gives them a freedom that they wouldnt have if they were truly just trying to help on a peacekeeping mission.I was following some tweets about the area as well and they all went down at the same time i hope this is just a coincidence.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

nop it's not .. they are all surround by russian troop even not marked they are sadly they give 8am local time to switch side or drop weapon after that i pray for them !

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I can't stop thinking about what Obama whispered to Putin that he would be more flexible in 2nd term. Here we are second term and Ukraine in upheaval and Putin sending troops in. Russia wants that port and will do anything to get it. This is all just to neat. Probably another government scandal. What a circus.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

With regard to a draft of U.S. citizens - although it is unlikely to ever happen again our sons still have to register with selective services at 18. I'm not sure why they still do this but my guess is - If they were running low on soldiers they get drafted.

Regardless - it won't happen in this regional dispute. Only if it spreads far and wide and there are not enough men and women to fill the demand.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Huh, thanks for the info. Looks like that is one type of registration I will not be complying with as my sons get older. Funny too because I'm the type to go under the speed limit and actually admit to officers that "yes sir, I didn't have a seat belt on, I threw it over my shoulder when you were walking up to my window".

But there are laws, fancy outfits with decorative pins and then there is war and reality. When it comes to war (or hints of my family contributing to war), Ill be the one making the final decisions on that.

Really though, I still maintain that if a war as serious as it would need to be to revive the draft were to happen, things would be in such shambles that even the gov would realize that organizing a draft was impossible.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Dolby_X

check i live in Québec separatist province in Canada. If we ever gonna be a contry Canada will not let this happen and will use army to keep us by force. What do you think will happen ? yup usa will come and try to protect us. kinda the same thing happen there.

A region of the contry does not recognise the new Ukrain gov. who was not there democraticly pushed bvy force, and ask help to protect itself from these tug who take power by the use of riot murder etc... i dont say the leader that was in place before was all white but at least he was elected.

Abavs dont know man your guess is good as mine

Your attempting to rewrite history there government removed Viktor Yanukovych they voted in there parliament who were elected to run the government. His main reason for fleeing was the parliament was going to bring his actions in front of the hague for crimes against humanity. Instead of facing these charges he ran to Russia at which time the parliament voted on a interim president and is scheduling elections. Either you are unaware of this or you are so biased you are trying to change the facts. Were you aware Viktor Yanukovych borrowed 63 billion dollars and guess what its missing gone when they looked at the books found out there broke. Were you aware he had a car collection worth millions of dollars in a tax payer funded garage on his property its like an automobile museum with placards. There calling this the Museum of Ukrainian Corruption.Hes been stealing from the people and not to mention murdering them in the streets come on man what else where they suppose to do of course they deposed him. In america we would have impeached a president for far less.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Sorry I just re-read your post and you mentioned that 18 year olds are required to sign up... so at that age my children can make that type of decision on their own. I just gotta do my job as a parent and they will be fine

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

sean
I can't stop thinking about what Obama whispered to Putin that he would be more flexible in 2nd term. Here we are second term and Ukraine in upheaval and Putin sending troops in. Russia wants that port and will do anything to get it. This is all just to neat. Probably another government scandal. What a circus.

Although none of us knew previously exactly what Medvedev and Obama were discussing, it was strange to hear. Don't think Putin isn't incredibly suspicious of that wicked (IMO) Angela Merkle, I know I am. Then there's the big banking IMF now offering "emergency services/money" to Ukraine. Then the billionaire banker in Ukraine who's been appointed to some form of political office and the very wealthy industrialist appointed to another political office as well, with more Ukranian oligarchs currently being recruited...etc, etc, etc.

This entire thing stinks Incredibly.
edit on 3/2/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join