It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 405
<< 402  403  404    406  407  408 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Kramatorsk Police Chief Kidnapped:
pressimus.com...

Ukrainska Pravda reports that the chief of police in Kramatorsk was kidnapped last night by armed men:

In Kramatorsk last night, people, in camouflaged outfits with automatic weapons, took over the town police department.

According to Kramatorsk.Info, the chief of the department, Vitaly Kolupay, was taken off in an unknown direction.

"The fighters, having captured the police department, demanded that they hand over their weapons to them. They behaved brazenly and brusquely", notes the publication.

Meanwhile, according to RIA Novosti, a group of armed men entered the Ukrainian Security Service building in Kramatorsk.

"Negotiations are under way between the Security Service staff and the supporters of federalisation", says their report.

They hung up the flag of the so-called People's Republic of Donetsk at the gates of the SBU. Earlier, supporters of federalisation had picketed the buildings of the SBU, the police, and the military guards at the airport, demanding that they not participate in military operations against the militia.

They have already held onto Kramatorsk city hall for a week.

Here is video footage of the Kolupay being lead away as a crowd chants "The police are with the people" and "Donbass!"

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Not sure how many sources and/or informations provided by @StateOfUkraine proved reliable, but this is fresh:

Ukraine Reporter @StateOfUkraine
#Russia is preparing ground for invasion to #Ukraine, #Lavrov: we are ready to stop #Ukrainian extremists in Russian-speaking regions of UA.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Not a very surprising statement, after the events of the past few weeks:
fakty.ictv.ua...

Armed Forces of Ukraine did not receive assistance from the staff of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine in Donetsk region This was stated in the Defense Ministry, says, "Interfax-Ukraine". "Unfortunately, we do not feel cooperate with the police Donetsk region ... The fact remains that we do not help when our troops are in a difficult situation," - said the deputy chief of the command center of the armed forces of Ukraine Oleksandr Rozmaznyn at a press briefing on Tuesday in Kiev.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
From Simon Shuster's Twitter page:

Simon Shuster ‏@shustry 23h

On separatist coordination in Ukraine: New hetman of Slavyansk was asked if he knew his counterpart in Donetsk. Said he'd never heard of him

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
There are not enough Ukrainian and White House briefing sources listed here, we sure need more of sell out corporate media disinformation here.

Mythical “Jew Registration” in East Ukraine a Media Sensation
Jason Ditz, April 17, 2014
Print This | Share This
| Comment

Determined not to let a good piece of rhetoric go to waste just because it was untrue and discredited nearly 24 hours ago, Western media outlets are running frenzied stories about Jews in the protester-held Eastern Ukraine cities being forced to register, providing a new chance to make World War 2 comparisons, and advancing the US narrative that the Russians, and not the “pro-West” protesters with swastika stickers on their helmets, are the “real anti-semites.”

Incredibly, the State Department is endorsing the myth as absolute fact, because what USA Today claims unnamed Israeli media claims they saw posted outside a synagogue in Donetsk is good enough for them.

antiwar.com...

Unprecedented Propaganda Blitz

Over the last year, we’ve documented that – despite all of the mea culpas for horrible Iraq coverage – the U.S. media’s coverage of Ukraine and Syria is just as biased, superficial and pro-war.

Former Associated Press and Newsweek reporter Robert Parry – who broke several of the biggest stories regarding Iran-Contra, and recipient of the George Polk Award for National Reporting in 1984 - writes that U.S. media coverage of the conflict in Ukraine is even worse than Iraq:

In my four-plus decades in journalism, I have never seen a more thoroughly biased and misleading performance by the major U.S. news media. Even during the days of Ronald Reagan – when much of the government’s modern propaganda structure was created – there was more independence in major news outlets. There were media stampedes off the reality cliff during George H.W. Bush’s Persian Gulf War and George W. Bush’s Iraq War, both of which were marked by demonstrably false claims that were readily swallowed by the big U.S. news outlets.

But there is something utterly Orwellian in the current coverage of the Ukraine crisis, including accusing others of “propaganda” when their accounts – though surely not perfect – are much more honest and more accurate than what the U.S. press corps has been producing.

There’s also the added risk that this latest failure by the U.S. press corps is occurring on the border of Russia, a nuclear-armed state that – along with the United States – could exterminate all life on the planet. The biased U.S. news coverage is now feeding into political demands to send U.S. military aid to Ukraine’s coup regime.

The casualness of this propaganda – as it spreads across the U.S. media spectrum from Fox News to MSNBC, from the Washington Post to the New York Times – is not just wretched journalism but it is reckless malfeasance jeopardizing the lives of many Ukrainians and the future of the planet.

www.washingtonsblog.com...

But hey, lets pile on more of the thick BS gravy and just chow down. When the vomit will start to come up lets just chalk it it to bits and pieces of truth that just cant stay down.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: renden

Determined not to let a good piece of rhetoric go to waste just because it was untrue and discredited nearly 24 hours ago, Western media outlets are running frenzied stories about Jews in the protester-held Eastern Ukraine cities being forced to register

Not surprising at all. Just look how long that "123%" rubbish hung around, long after it was shown to be a complete lie.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

This one effected me, the most,,being as i was born pre-mature,,and turned me too whole heartedly against, Iraq and its system of Government,,the Bathist Party.

To find out later it was complete utter bull#tt,,was a slap in the face, then a kick in the nuts.

So i guess we await the Incubator story for the Ukraine. Lies once told, make it harder too accept what is true.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Yep. Great points guys. Also lets point out that this has got to be the record for the slowest invasion ever.

- The Russian are coming! The Russians are coming!

- Where? Where are they at?

- Well, they are breeding right? So some of them gotta go somewhere eventually....

Moooore! I want more scary bad anti-Russian propaganda!

Tell me how unfair and bloodthirsty Russians are, and how Chinese communists are like totally cool, soft warm and cuddly (just like pandas) because they make iPhones for us and all other stuff.

Gazprom sucks, Foxcon rulez!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

zerohedge @zerohedge UKRAINE MILITARY PLANE HIT BY GUNFIRE FROM REBEL TOWN: AFP. This should send S&P to ATH 4 mins ago 21 retweets | 2 replies

Ukraine military plane hit by gunfire above rebel-held town of #Slavyansk Antonov An-30, safely made an emergency landing, per MoD UKR |EMPR

edit on 22/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

#Sloviansk #Ukraine "People's Mayor" said that his men took American @vicenews journalist @SimonOstrovsky hostage.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

Vice news journalist was taken hostage, well #.

That guy give us good video info about what is happening there.
Hope at least his camera man got away so he can give any kind of info.

It seems strange so much reporters are being kidnapped recently in Ukraine, perhaps something BIG is on the way... Hope not

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

RUSSIA EXPELS FIRST SECRETARY AT CANADIAN EMBASSY IN MOSCOW - RUSSIAN NEWS AGENCIES QUOTING FOREIGN MINISTRY SOURCE

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

#Sloviansk #Ukraine "People's Mayor" said that his men took American @vicenews journalist @SimonOstrovsky hostage.

That's no good. Let's hope he gets out of there ok, maybe he can get some "secret" footage..

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Latest

#Sloviansk People's Mayor: @SimonOstrovsky parents called and were assured that their son is OK. He is now with us working on new material

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

The Truce Is Over: Ukraine President Urges Restart Of Military Action tinyurl.com/lpn2tty

Agence France-Presse @AFP #BREAKING: Ukraine president orders restart of military operation against rebels 1 min ago 19 retweets | 1 replies

edit on 22/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Oh hell! I have been following his Russian Roulette series on Vice since it started. I knew he was playing with fire but fully supported his style. In the latest dispatch he was actually walking about proving that many(but not all) of the Pro Russian supporters were indeed local.

His was the most unbiased reporting I have seen. It is safe to say I even admired him for both his style and integrity. Bastards better let him go unharmed.

IMO it is time for the USA to be a super power and deal with the Russians. Economic sanctions my ass. Like the Cuban Missile Crisis IMO it is time to take a military stand.
edit on 22-4-2014 by Mamatus because: fixed!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Ukraine Reporter @StateOfUkraine #Lugansk: pro-#Russian forces led by Mozgovoy decided to launch attack on West #Ukraine and announced it on FB facebook.com/photo.php?fbid… 17 mins ago 19 retweets | 2 replies

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mamatus

Oh hell! I have been following his Russian Roulette series on Vice since it started. I knew he was playing with fire but fully supported his style. In the latest dispatch he was actually walking about proving that many(but not all) of the Pro Russian supporters were indeed local.

His was the most unbiased reporting I have seen. It is safe to say I even admired him for both his style and integrity. Bastards better let him go unharmed.

IMO it is time for the USA to be a super power and deal with the Russians. Economic sanctions my ass. Like the Cuban Missile Crisis IMO it is time to take a military stand.

I have to say I tend to agree. I like Simon and his Russian dispatches are the best! You won't see anything like that on Fox or CNN. This will go from bad to worse. Every time I see these Russian separatist thugs talking tough and bossing their way around I wish a bunch of US Marines wound walk up and make them piss their pants. It was sad wad hmg the Ukranian troops give up their firing pins in dispatch 28. What a joke the Ukranian army is.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k
Latest

#Sloviansk People's Mayor: @SimonOstrovsky parents called and were assured that their son is OK. He is now with us working on new material

In other words we have your son working on propaganda and if he does not we will kill him or he will dissapear or be found dead.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

BREAKING A deputy frm #Horlivka, E. #Ukraine who was kidnapped by RUS insurgents,found dead near #Sloviansk. Glory to a Hero!-O.Bryhinets FB

new topics

top topics

<< 402  403  404    406  407  408 >>

join