It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 404
<< 401  402  403    405  406  407 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
i had heard Ukraine released proof the Russians were behind the attacks in eastern Ukraine but havnt really seen any evidence posted. However i found this its a conversation between russian agents coordinating with Russia. Even explains how they killed the group of Ukrainians that were part of the anti terrorist operation. So looks like the russians are supplying guns as well acording to the taped conversation. But its blatantly obvious there russian forces.

facepunch.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Euromaidan PR @EuromaidanPR
#UN human rights observers in #Ukraine will cooperate w/ #OSCE monitoring mission by information exchange. unian.net |EMPR

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Just posted earlier another news taken from an SBU release, which includes a skype conversation between an FSB recruiter and a Ukrainian citizen, in which the latter was instructed to make contact with several people to set up a weapon smuggling operation, among those contacted being Sasha White, the Right Sector leader killed a while back.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutzy

I just want to jump in real quick and say thank you for the recent updates you have given. They have been the only actual updates for several pages, as most of the content in this thread lately has been the typical back and forth nonsense that I honestly don't think most people are looking for in this thread.

I have to apologize for not giving my usual social media and other alternative news updates lately as I've been pre-occupied with work and other things.

Thanks again though to those who provide UPDATES to the situation in Ukraine as the ones who have been following this story from day 1 are STILL watching.

edit on 22-4-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

It's my pleasure. I like to keep myself informed on the current situation in Ukraine, seeing as how in the worst-case scenario, that several here are pointing out to be the end game of this entire situation, my home country could be directly involved.

Regarding the dick-measuring contest/back and forth convo between the 2 most visible groups here on ATS, pro-west/pro-Russia, I tend to stay out of it and just share news with others as I find them and hold back from feeding the trolls, despite I am tempted to join, based on my own opinions of the situation and others in history that have directly involved my home country.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   

#Odessa separatists started erecting checkpoints on entry to the city. dumskaya.net |EMPR Photo pic.twitter.com/xPZjTYn8qd

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
More former Com-block countries take a stance against Russian state controlled/approved media. This time Moldova, formerly part of the USSR:
www.belaruspartisan.org...

This statement on the radio station Europa Libera made ​​Minister of Foreign Affairs and European Integration of Moldova, Natalia Gherman.

"We noticed in the summer of 2013 unusual activity in Moldova, the Russian press to promote alternative integration of Moldova. And this at a time when we are pursuing the goal of European integration, as an absolute priority domestic and foreign policy," - she said.

The diplomat noted that "we were unexpectedly under huge information campaign. Resources We studied and found that while the government works - explain the elements and stages of European integration and the use of its benefits - it was not enough to outweigh the message that came from the Russian side, and it was a warning to us, "writes gazeta.ua.

Recall, the Coordinating Council for Television and Radio has started the process off Russian TV channels broadcasting in Moldova. Initiator liberal reformer Ana Gutu motivated its request political events in Ukraine and the Russian aggression against the Ukrainian people.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
WOW. Comemorative coins related to the "return" of Crimea to Russia to be issued:

"In honor of joining" the Crimea to studio art weapons "Grand Art" has launched a series of commemorative coins weighing 1 kg and the size of your palm. Collection "Crimea 2014" of 25 silver and gold plated coins.

This is referring to the official website of the company, according to news reports.

"Arms workshop with Zlatoust (Chelyabinsk region) has started production of commemorative coins dedicated to the Crimea to Russia. The obverse of each coin depicts a bas-relief of Russian President Vladimir Putin," - said in a statement.

As the representative of the company, on the reverse of the coin depicts the outline of the Crimean peninsula, and on the obverse - bas Russian President Vladimir Putin.

www.ukrinform.ua...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Ukr. MP Mustafa Jemilev, former chairman of the Crimean Tatar Mejlis, banned from entering Russia, including Crimea, for 5 years:
interfax.com.ua...

According to the report, in the morning, April 22 M.Dzhemilev together with the deputy head of the Mejlis Omer Aslan Kyrymly left the Crimea to Kiev. When crossing the administrative and territorial borders with Ukraine, Crimea, M.Dzhemilev handed "Act notice of unauthorized entry into the Russian Federation."

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Russia refuses to return the Zaporozhye submarine to the Ukr. Navy:
zn.ua...

Russia has no plans to transfer submarine "Zaporozhye" Naval Forces of Ukraine. On it informs edition "Fleet of Ukraine", citing a source in the Russian Black Sea Fleet.

"57 crew" Zaporozhye "which remained to serve in Russia, now engaged in service systems submarine. Preparations for the transfer of" Zaporozhye "in the national navies are not provided," - said in a statement.

Recall that the submarine "Zaporozhye" need replacement batteries and repair of torpedo tubes. It also does not work the acoustic detection system noise objects MG-200, which is necessary for diving and surfacing submarine. In addition, the term came dock repair submarines. To resume the submarine, which is more than 43 years, you need about 20 million dollars.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Indirect, but very possible, relation between the following news:

www.pravda.com.ua...

General Director of the international news agency "Russia Today" odious Russian journalist Dmitry Kiselev came to Crimea.

Reported by Radio "Svoboda".

Chairman of the State Council of the unrecognized Republic of Crimea Vladimir Konstantinov has met with Putin's chief propagandist.

"The key topic of discussion was the development prospects of the Crimean media market and the possibility of opening in the Republic of multimedia press center and RTR radio network," - said in a statement.

In addition, Kiselev spoke about the 12th annual Jazz Festival "Jazz Koktebel".

As you know, in late March, after the annexation of the Crimea, the organizers of the festival "Jazz Koktebel" said the festival moved to the Crimea.

Kiselev is the main promoter of the Putin regime, its programs on Russian television during and after the square there were blatant lies and distortion.

www.ukrinform.ua...

STRC "Crimea" forbidden to broadcast in its air Crimean Tatar leader Mustafa Dzhemileva and members of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people.

It was on his Facebook page spokeswoman Lily Muslimova Majlis, reports Ukrinforma.

"According to the staff of creative group of Crimean Tatar programs STRC" region "of today is forbidden to broadcast on air STRC" Crimea "leader of the Crimean Tatar people, MP of Ukraine Mustafa Dzhemileva, head of Majlis Refat Chubarova and members of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people," - said Muslimova.

edit on Tueu3011114 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Ukrainian journalists detail Yanukovich's most probable escape route out of Ukraine:
gazeta.ua...

The purpose of the visit was to get to the jet "Falcon" and escape to Moscow, according to journalists. However, the aircraft departure banned due to lack of proper documentation. As told by witnesses, scared Yanukovych wait for the car and disappeared into the residence Rinat Akhmetov. Already in the morning the former president set off on the route Mariupol. In the field, he waited several expensive cars and two helicopters. It was decided to go through the Crimea to Russia.

February 23 Yanukovych drove the SBU in Yalta, where part derzhohorontsiv written application for exemption. On the same day around midnight Cossack Bay Sevastopol Yanukovych met Jarhead 810-th separate brigade of marines BSF, put on a boat landing, and within days he reached the shores of Novorossiysk.

Recall that in Ukraine February 22 there was a change of government. Verkhovna Rada removed from power of President Viktor Yanukovych, has changed the constitution, initiating the duties of head of state on the speaker Alexander Turchinov. In late February, Yanukovych left the territory of Ukraine. At a press conference in Rostov-on-Don on February 28 said that was forced to leave under threat of physical violence.

In Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych relatively prosecuted. Yes, he is accused of involvement in the massacres at the Maidan and calling for the overthrow of the constitutional order or the seizure of state power by using the media.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Retweeted by KyivPost

Geoffrey Pyatt ‏@GeoffPyatt · 25m
.@VP Biden just had a productive meeting with Rada leaders from across #Ukraine pic.twitter.com/K0DHMgBqaW

Agence France-Presse ‏@AFP · 24m
Biden meets Ukraine leaders as Russia, US swap blame on crumbling deal u.afp.com...

edit on 22-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Financial Times ‏@FT · 14h
Europe should confront Russia's monopolistic position by creating an energy union, writes Donald Tusk, PM of Poland: on.ft.com...

jeremiah jacques ‏@js_jacques · 6h
Russia builds case for military intervention in Ukraine. goo.gl... @Ukroblogger

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Photo posted on Instagram by photographer Maxim Donyuk:

instagram.com...#

with the caption(via Google Translate):

Last footage Slovyansk forced to flee the city. # ukraine # donbass # kramatorsk # eastukraine # slavyansk

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Christiane Amanpour ‏@camanpour · 1h
TV channels in eastern Ukraine being replaced with Russian channels, just like in Crimea, @osce_rfom tells me: cnn.it...

KyivPost ‏@KyivPost · 1h
#Luhansk "people's assembly" says it will hold a two-stage regional referendum on its territorial status May 11, 18 www.kyivpost.com...

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 1h
#Ukraine sent a memo to #Russia's MFA on implementation of #Geneva agreement by Ukrainian side. #Russia's turn now. @ADeshchytsia |EMPR News

NATOSource ‏@NATOSource · 1h
Sweden to beef up air force to counter Russia m.thelocal.se... … pic.twitter.com/9qfk7CbDsN

Christiane Amanpour ‏@camanpour · 1h
U.S. is “very concerned about the Russian hand” in eastern Ukraine destabilization, top diplomat tells me: cnn.it...

Euromaidan PR ‏@EuromaidanPR · 1h
Ppl's guard created by pro-#Ukrainian activists in #Mariupol. Former InteriorMin officers, servicemen, volunteers are in. 0629com.ua |EMPR

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Russia ready to go to WTO regarding the ban on Russian goods:
www.pravda.com.ua...

If the relative products from Russia are restrictions imposed by other WTO member states, Russia is ready to defend its rights, Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev.

He said, speaking to a report in the State Duma on Tuesday, RIA Novosti reported.

We must respond to the imposition of restrictions on Russian goods, including the courts and the World Trade Organization, said Medvedev.

"We are 17 years old, in fact, kept" in the hallway "where we strongly argued that worthy to enter into the world trading community and meets his standards. Now we had every right to demand compliance with the rules of other countries - participants of the WTO - on Russian goods "- said the Prime Minister.

"There is no need to be ashamed of. Justified and if it is legal - you can" show their teeth. "We will appeal to the courts, including the Dispute Settlement Body of the WTO," - said Medvedev.

Medvedev also said that the laws are designed to protect the interests of Russian business affected by sanctions.

"I think also to prepare proposals for the adoption of laws aimed at protecting the interests of Russian business affected by the application to it of illegal sanctions", - said the Prime Minister.

In the markets of member countries of the World is now operating more than 70 restrictive measures against Russian goods.

The U.S. and EU have introduced against a number of individual sanctions because of its position in the Crimea, approving lists of persons who are prohibited from entering this country, and froze their assets.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
Not sure if it's been mentioned but there are reportedly photos that have surfaced showing Russian special forces members active in Eastern Ukraine:

www.bbc.com...

Some of the pictures:

These photos prove what I have been saying from day one. Duck Dynasty are Russian special forces. Their stance on gays should have been a massive red flag but it appears US intelligence has dropped the ball once again.
edit on 22-4-2014 by john452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Isn't it ironic that we now have Joe Biden advisng that Ukraine must root out endemic corruption. I would first ask, why is the Ukraine any of your business? I suppose that is a fruitless question as why anyone would listen to the USA on an issue of soveriegnty or indeed geo-politics is beyond me. I thought John Kerry was bad enough now we have Biden. I suppose we should at least be thankful that Hilary Clinton isn't on the scene. Don't the american people see that those are the faces that are representing them on the world stage? Can't they see the blatant hypocrisy of these people?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Central Bank of Russia seizes entire infrastructure of Privat Bank in Crimea:
interfax.com.ua...

The Central Bank of Russia took the course to capture the largest infrastructure Ukrainian Privat ( Dnipropetrovsk) in the Crimea, the press service said on Tuesday Privat .

" Instead of designing a proper legitimate client service procedures , together with the National Bank of Ukraine CBR unilaterally actually began raider seizure Privat branch network in the Crimea, thereby taking full responsibility for the economic and legal implications of these illegal activities ," - said in a press release Bank.

According to the press release, since the annexation of the Crimea Russian power PryvatBank held consultations with representatives of all the parties to find a legal compromise that would enable the restore operation on the peninsula branches of Ukrainian banks.

"Unfortunately, the constructive position of the bank's management was not supported by the Crimean and Russian authorities initially configured for option power capture infrastructure assets and the largest bank in the Crimea " , - emphasized in the press release.

In the press release notes that Privatbank has all the resources to customer service in the Crimea, with the exception of the legal framework .

"Attempts by force to establish control over offices in Crimea are Privat raider seizure of the bank and in the current circumstances cast doubt on the ability to perform its obligations to the bank of the peninsula " , - summarized in a press release.

According Privat , its banking service network is the largest in the Crimea peninsula has 2 branches and 337 bank branches , 483 ATMs and 773 self-service terminal .

While serving in the Crimea PryvatBank over 790,000 private customers and 12,000 corporate clients : the total amount of the bank's investments in infrastructure and support for the Crimean economy more than $ 1 billion

Russian President Vladimir Putin said last week that borrowers Privat in Crimea can not repay the loans , but promised to pay off depositors of the bank. At the same time Putin said that Russia already has a database of investors and in Privatbank and Oschadbank .

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
SBU announces the anti-terrorist operation continues:
24tv.ua...

Terrorist Center SBU is ready to cooperate with representatives of the OSCE mission, which began its work in Ukraine .

At the briefing said spokesman SBU Marina Ostapenko, UNN .

She said today precedence over any military actions are actions conducted by the OSCE.

" And our main goal - to enable international observers to promote disarmament and stop further escalation in the region " - said Ostapenko.

She said the anti-terrorist operation in the eastern regions continues.

" Antiterrorist operation continues. The main task for today - to determine the security perimeter . International observers should be allowed to personally monitor the implementation of Russia voiced in Geneva adminbudivel resignation and surrender of arms by militants . In the SBU is ample evidence that Russian security services are directly related to the escalation of the conflict in eastern Ukraine . Ukraine , following the Geneva agreements , the Easter holiday has suspended the active phase of the ATO . However, contrary to the agreement yesterday and the day before yesterday armed offenders resorted to provocation , taking hostage police department manager and journalists , with the required weapons for hostages , "- she said.

Ostapenko stressed that Ukraine condemns commandos who violated Four agreements.

" Ukrainian party strongly condemns the crimes and actions of saboteurs and criminals who have violated the Four agreements. Meanwhile ATU subjects in collaboration with the Armed Forces continued strong measures to counter armed attacks , hostage-taking and other crimes against civilians. Such opposition is under the full OSCE international control "- she said.

top topics

<< 401  402  403    405  406  407 >>

join