It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 406
<< 403  404  405    407  408  409 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Alec Luhn @ASLuhn
Awful news that our friend & colleague @simonostrovsky has been taken hostage in E Ukraine

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

#Ukraine Turchinov: anti-terror operation relaunched after discovery of 2 "brutally tortured" bodies, incl #Horlivka deputy V. Rybak

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

ЄВРОМАЙДАН @euromaidan В Луганську закрили аеропорт Hannah Thoburn @HannahThoburn Follow Airport closed in #Lugansk, east #Ukraine RT @euromaidan: В Луганську закрили аеропорт 7:40 PM - 22 Apr 2014

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Today, April 22, at Slavic unknown fired from small arms aircraft of the Air Force of Ukraine Antonov-30, which has an observation flight. Due to fire several bullets hit the plane.

Thanks to the professional actions of military pilots landing at the airfield basing them managed to carry out without consequences.

After a thorough examination and diagnosis, as in the evening on April 22 aircraft combat capability of the Air Force of Ukraine was fully restored.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dutzy

BREAKING A deputy frm #Horlivka, E. #Ukraine who was kidnapped by RUS insurgents,found dead near #Sloviansk. Glory to a Hero!-O.Bryhinets FB

This is the reason for the restart of the anti terror operation today. The torture and killing of the politician crossed the red line according to Turchynov.
edit on 22/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

I read that after I posted this

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

It was sad wad hmg the Ukranian troops give up their firing pins in dispatch 28. What a joke the Ukranian army is.

The Ukrainian Army is not even a speed bump to Russian forces. Being full of kids who for all intents and purposes do not have a valid leader right now who can really blame them. There is also the issue of many Pro Russians being some of the very people they lived next to in the same towns. Like any other civil war it pits brother against brother.

All in all it is very messed up and I fear that allowing Putin to get away with this will only embolden him. What is next? More popular "uprisings" coming to ever single Non-Nato country nearby. After that I suspect a NATO Country will be the next one to have yet another "popular uprising".

BTW Mods: I am really sick of seeing Jessie Venturas face on my screen. He looks like a Western Putin.

Time to tell Putin that the USA is sending "peacekeeping" troops to West Ukraine. Wonder if they would politely give up their firing pins.....

I don't want a WW3 but just like Putin told the USA to stay the heck out of Syria "or else" it is time to tell him to back the hell up.

For Putin it is not about the money. It is about his legacy as a Communist Leader. In the end it is about destroying the US economy. Given the opportunity I would shoot Putin myself, regardless the personal cost.
edit on 22-4-2014 by Mamatus because: added content.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

@PentagonPresSec : Nothing we've seen out of Moscow is deeslacating tensions in Ukraine or making anything more stable
4 mins ago 5 Retweets |

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutzy

Yup, but what are we going to do about it? More sanctions? They don't mean squat to Putin.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamatus

First of all, you're about Ventura's face on my screen, gettin kinda irritating.

Secondly, I don't know what to think exactly about those sanctions. Let's just hope they mean something, just enough to keep him still, cause I don't really like the looks of things now...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

What you should do about it is keep your nose out of Ukraine. Not only that but apoligise for your role in creating the mess in the first place. What are you going to do about it?...zilch.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I've lost count of how many times the Ukrainian government have started Anti Terror Operations in the past few weeks. Quite honestly they are making themselves look silly. As Vice President Biden said, they are being humiliated. I don't know how long diplomacy can continue to be used in the face of constant attacks by Russia and one of the strangest invasions since WWII. I hate to say it but it looks like Vladimir Putin has friends in Rada.
edit on 22-4-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutzy

I would feel better about it if we took a position as World leaders and forced Putin out. Lets see how bold he would be when the USA starts dropping troops into Western Ukraine. No need for permission, just freaking do it.

The USA wants to be a great country again it is time to put away the strongly worded but meaningless threats and do something. Even at 49 years old I would take up arms and risk my life to put Russia back in it's place.

This is about a lot more than just Russia and just the Ukraine. It is about losing our status as a world power to a thug like Putin.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dutzy
Let's just hope they mean something, just enough to keep him still, cause I don't really like the looks of things now...

If you can, please elaborate, I would really like your take on the current situation, thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

@foxnewspolitics: US troops arrive in Poland for exercises across Eastern Europe amid #Ukraine crisis t.co...
About 150 US soldiers based in Italy will start the exercises and it will include roughly 600 US soldiers during the next month. I think those guys should think about finding an army surplus store...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

What you should do about it is keep your nose out of Ukraine. Not only that but apoligise for your role in creating the mess in the first place. What are you going to do about it?...zilch.

Oh okay Ivan..... Just so you are aware, until quite recently I had that stance. However I am changing my mind as more and more becomes clear. Your little bomb blast at me means nothing as I did nothing to start the issues in the Ukraine.

Given what I have now seen and what has been proved to me I am more than willing to back the Ukrainians at this point.
BTW leaders on both sides suck. Let the Ukrainians that want to be Russian move to Russia.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

Well, first of all in the past few weeks we see a clear escalation in the amount of violent acts and provocations, in lack of a better word, from separatists detaining several journalists, the recent killings and torture acts, a Ukrainian army jet fired upon and the helicopter spreading leaflets during the weekend. In my opinion there are 2 possible options:

1. things didn't go as planned with the popular revolts and movements against the Kiev authorities and the separatists are becoming restless and try to force action.
2. everything including the paced escalation of violent acts is previously planned and in operation.

Even the rhetoric of the players involved is taken up a notch. Different Russian mouthpieces, saying things that officals can't say, talking about taking on NATO, the Russian patriarch talking during a sermon about how nothing can destroy Holy Russia and so on.

Maybe it's just me being paranoid and imagining things.
edit on Tue0000003011114 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

edit on Tueu3011114 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
You know there is one Country that would have a motive, and benefit from watching US
and Russia go at it.
And they might be using finacial sword of Damacles as well.

plus its what that Chinese sun zoo?? said too do.

,,well i'll let everyone decide,,

"China and the United States have agreed to build a cooperative partnership based on mutual respect and mutual benefit, according to a joint statement issued ..."

"And there is this aswell. "And they worshipped the dragon
which gave power unto the beast:
and they worshipped the beast, saying,
Who is like unto the beast?
who is able to make war with him?"

Ya who,,

edit on 4/22/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Anti-terrorist Center at the Security Service of Ukraine informs

Terrorist Center SBU is ready to interact with the representatives of the OSCE , which began its work in Ukraine , and to provide them with comprehensive information , providing immediate access to all materials and objects.

Today precedence over any military actions are actions conducted by the OSCE , and our main task - to provide an opportunity for international observers to promote disarmament and stop further escalation of violence in the region.

International observers should be allowed to personally monitor the implementation of Russia voiced in Geneva adminbudivel resignation and surrender of arms by militants .

Those who delivers weapons and continued to terrorize the population, and it is those who prevents to perform the Geneva Declaration. In the SBU is enough evidence that directly related to the following with the security services of Russia.

Ukraine , for its part , following the Geneva agreements , the Easter holiday has suspended the active phase of the ATO . However, despite these arrangements yesterday and the day before yesterday armed offenders resorted to provocation hostages ( including the head police department , journalists ), while clamoring for hostages weapons.

These actions are armed criminals and saboteurs cynically and blatantly violated the Four agreements. Ukrainian party strongly condemns the crimes that tarnish the possibility of a peaceful settlement.

However, the ATU subjects according to competence as defined by the current legislation of Ukraine in cooperation with the Armed Forces of Ukraine continued strong measures to counter armed attacks , hostage-taking and other crimes against civilians in the Donetsk region. Such opposition is under full international supervision of the OSCE.

Through the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine

Members of the guard stopped the attempted abduction of unidentified civilians boxes of ammunition from the military echelon

April 20 around 15:00 near the station " Sirohozy " that in Kherson during transportation of military equipment , ammunition and personnel of military units from one place to accomplish tasks custody was terminated attempted kidnapping by unknown civilians boxes of ammunition from the military tier and sabotage .

When you exit the station , military echelon " Sirohozy " Tankers driver noticed the attacker, who dropped tier of boxes of ammunition to BMP- 2. The soldier immediately tore the emergency brake valve train. After stopping echelon soldier immediately notified the chief tier, which is to delay intruders sent back group.

In pursuit of criminals , another soldier skillful actions detained one of them and held until the arrival of reinforcement.

One attacker was arrested and handed over to members of the investigation team of law enforcement agencies , who arrived on the scene. The rest - managed to escape.

As a result of the concerted action of the guard troops managed to prevent theft of ammunition . Military trains arrived at their destination at a specific time .

Leadership of the Ministry of Defence and the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine once again urges people not to get involved in provocative and illegal actions to support activities sabotage and intelligence groups of the Armed Forces in the eastern regions of Ukraine .

The leadership of the Defense Ministry considers it necessary to recall that during the execution of the tasks under the anti-terrorist operation which is currently in a certain region , the military have the right to use weapons in cases provided by law and the statutes of the Armed Forces of Ukraine .

In Donetsk soldiers paratroopers repelled an armed attack against important state facilities

April 20 around 20:00 near the Donetsk region Dobropilskiy military one part highly mobile amphibious forces of Ukraine , guarding important state facilities in a given area , repelled an armed attack masked men .

The attackers arrived on the scene at several motorcycles. Pidibravshys close to the guards , they opened fire with firearms on our troops .

In response, soldiers paratroopers used small arms.

In a shootout one of the attackers was wounded. Another two who tried to escape the vehicle , was arrested and handed over to the police.

From the Armed Forces of Ukraine victims. The protection of all objects in the region strengthened.

In Kharkov person detained on suspicion of spying

Citizens , like a beggar , a long time was near the territory of Kharkiv University of Air Force Ivan Kozhedub , constantly took notes in a notebook.

Citizen actions seemed suspicious personnel patrol, which has a service desk on the perimeter of the higher military educational institution. When communicating with the citizen soldiers began to get nervous and take time, not the usual characteristic homeless . In these circumstances , the chief of patrol , it was decided to transfer the detainee to law enforcement officers .

During the search of the unknown , he had found the paper with image of the hand of the scheme infrastructure Kharkiv University of Air Force .

At this time a detainee held the investigating actions and patrol personnel are encouraged by the decision of the supreme military command specific institution.

Through the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine

April 21, 2014 in the 13 regions of the country held 44 political events (associated with exacerbation of socio-political situation in the country ) with more than 5.1 million people.

Donetsk region

Donetsk city

In the building of Donetsk Regional State Administration continue to be about 500 pro-Russian citizens. Near the building is about 100 people. Around the administration established barricades.

Perimeter locked car tires and barbed wire. Requirements - a referendum on the status of the Donetsk region and south-eastern Ukraine .

Currently, the International airport " Donetsk" operates in normal mode.

Slovyansk

April 21, 2014 at 00:35 for the next part of the Slavic CF was reported on the surgical department of the City Hospital. Lenin that ambulance from outside of Celina Slavic delivered an unknown man aged 27-29 years with a gunshot wound to the abdominal cavity, unconscious. Circumstances of getting injured installed.

This fact is registered in the next part of the Slavic CF ZHYEO by number 5937 . Verification is conducted .

April 21, 2014 at 13.20 a Slavic CF CCA was reported MIA of Ukraine in Donetsk region that monitored the Internet site " Ukrainian Truth" revealed information that in Slavic separatists was captured activist " hundreds of women Maidan ," journalist J. Kratom .

The event is registered with the duty of Slavic CF to ZHYEO by number 5957 .

April 21, 2014 at 13:30 to the MoU Slavic CCA was reported MIA of Ukraine in Donetsk region that monitored the Internet site " Browser " found the information in Slavic separatists was captured Italian journalist Paul Gogo , who conducted the survey of the city.

The event is registered with the duty of Slavic CF to ZHYEO by number 5958 .

April 21, 2014 at 13:40 to the MoU Slavic CCA was reported MIA of Ukraine in Donetsk region that monitored the Internet site " Browser " found information that in Slavic separatists was captured Italian journalist Koss Attanasio , who conducted the survey of the town.

The event is registered with the duty of Slavic CF to ZHYEO by number 5959 .

Continued

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
part 2

April 21, 2014 at 13.20 a Slavic CF CCA was reported MIA of Ukraine in Donetsk region that monitored the Internet site " Ukrainian Truth" revealed information that in Slavic separatists was captured activist " hundreds of women Maidan ," journalist J. Kratom .

The event is registered with the duty of Slavic CF to ZHYEO by number 5957 .

April 21, 2014 at 13:30 to the MoU Slavic CCA was reported MIA of Ukraine in Donetsk region that monitored the Internet site " Browser " found the information in Slavic separatists was captured Italian journalist Paul Gogo , who conducted the survey of the city.

The event is registered with the duty of Slavic CF to ZHYEO by number 5958 .

April 21, 2014 at 13:40 to the MoU Slavic CCA was reported MIA of Ukraine in Donetsk region that monitored the Internet site " Browser " found information that in Slavic separatists was captured Italian journalist Koss Attanasio , who conducted the survey of the town.

The event is registered with the duty of Slavic CF to ZHYEO by number 5959 .

April 21, 2014 at 13:45 to the MoU Slavic CCA was reported MIA of Ukraine in Donetsk region that monitored the Internet site " Browser " found information that in Slavic separatists was captured Belarusian journalist Dmitry jackdaw , who carried out the shooting in the city.

The event is registered with the duty of Slavic CF to ZHYEO by number 5960.

April 21, 2014 at 23:10 in Kramatorske 20 unidentified people in masks and camouflage uniforms with guns entered the lobby, administrative building Kramatorskogo CF Interior Ministry of Ukraine , where they remained overnight.

April 21, 2014 at 22:40 in group number 20 unknown individuals captured space USBU (St. 19th Party Congress ).

April 21, 2014 at 18:25 Mariupol MU addressed to M. Lesohor 1965 AD. , Member of the Independent Association of Journalists of Ukraine , with the message that same day at 17:00 in the city park on the street. B. Semenihina unknown appealed to him to stop recording and delete the information from his digital camera and verbally threatened to publish compromising false information about the applicant.

The event registered in Mariupol regular part of MU ZHYEO by number 1029.

Prequalification - art. 171 Part 1 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine .

Yenakievo

April 20, 2014 p. Kutuzovka Dobropolye Donetsk region at 19:50 to the checkpoints 95th separate airmobile brigade Zhytomyr Armed Forces of Ukraine on a motorcycle " Dnepr" arrived three unknowns. They unidentified weapon made ​​several shots in the direction of said checkpoints . Soldiers of the specified response used firearms , resulting in one of the offenders were injured ( hospitalized ), and the other arrested.

Established that a vehicle were locals from the village. Dobropillya 1981 BC. , 1973 AD. and 1992 AD. As a result of clashes wounded taken to the military hospital in Kharkiv. Detained were taken to the anti-terrorist center in Kharkov for further parsing circumstance .

During the review of motorcycle detected device like a grenade " RGD- 5", which is not withdrawn due to its danger .

April 21, 2014 about 11:00 a group of armed people (about 10) captured the training ground / h Office 3037 East Territorial Command VV MVD Ukraine (p. Vasilevka Yasinovatskiy area). Weapons being stored at the landfill . Protection landfill conducted 11 military personnel with special tools unarmed.

One serviceman , Senior soldier BB MIA of Ukraine, during an attack by assailants fled and reported the event, the location of the other set .

At the scene, left 10 workers MS and 40 servicemen of the Internal Troops of Ukraine . Determined the location of military personnel.

Lugansk region

of Perevalsk

April 21, 2014 at 10:30 am at the cafe "Tornado " (in Perevalsk str. Dzerzhinsky 4-A ) began meeting for discussion of the political situation in Ukraine .

To ensure the protection of public order during the specified events involved 12 employees Perevalsky RVs, including head of the sector of public order police major who was dressed in uniform , equipped with special means and Scheduled armed with firearms.

At the scene, a man with a video camera has a record of public rallies . At the same time , unknown persons prevented holding the video camera and tried to snatch from the hands of a police officer , causing him bodily injury (reference Perevalsky RTMO on 04/21/2014 ).

Injury caused to a citizen in 1964 BC.

Last Perevalsky delivered to PB to establish the circumstances of the event.

Rubizhne

April 21, 2014 from 12:15 to 12:30 Sq. Near the building Rubizhne city administration representatives of the "Fatherland " (80 persons) held a rally to preserve the territorial integrity of the state .

During the meeting a group of unidentified people ( 200 people ) tried to commit acts of provocation , while a police officer inflicted injuries ( hospitalized ).

Said fact registered to ZHYEO Rubizhne CF number 2044 of 21/04/2014 . Verification is conducted .

April 21, 2014 for the next part Rubizhne CF was reported from I. Polupanova 1978 AD. , Editor of NTRK " Irta " that during the next meeting of the Executive Committee of the ave. Kirov unknown persons damaged his or her camera and prevented to perform his duties.

The event is registered with the duty of Rubizhne CF ZHYEO by number 2046.

SB MB Rubizhne open criminal proceedings , which is registered to YERDR by number 12014130330000659 on the grounds of a criminal offense under Part 1, Art. 171 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine. Ongoing preliminary inquiry .

Through the State Border Service

During the holidays, the State Border Service perform its task in the continued complexity of the socio -political situation in the south- eastern regions of Ukraine and Crimea's annexation by Russia. In general, a significant increase in passenger traffic flow on the Ukrainian -Russian border area was not observed . However, the increase in passenger traffic of 1.5 times was observed at the administrative border of the Crimea. Despite this , border guards managed to rhythm crossing operations , to avoid provocation and infiltration of the state of persons who may participate in the activities of destabilization . In general, the simplified procedure under international treaties executed about 5 thousand people living in the border areas. From April 17 - the date of strengthening border controls citizens of Russia, Ukraine to follow , denied crossing the border more than 1 thousand people.

Among other attempts are marked with trafficking in Crimea prohibited items and military equipment. So , on April 19 at checkpoints " Kalanchak " when checking truck with packages guards together with employees SBU found banned for trafficking two and four body armor helmets. In a more detailed examination of cargo was also found 8 aircraft rescue kits, which include a machete (blade 30-40 cm).

LINK: www.kmu.gov.ua...
edit on Tue0000003011114 by Dutzy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 403  404  405    407  408  409 >>

join