It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 293
<< 290  291  292    294  295  296 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

renden

SubTruth
reply to post by renden

I am not sure they get those kinds of guns up north but we do get them here in the US. They are always packed in tons of grease. I also love the Romanian PSL.
edit on 7-4-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

My mosin came like that, I got a good laminated one also from centerfiresystems, here in US

edit on 7-4-2014 by renden because: (no reason given)

I love the Mosin it packs one heck of a punch and is very accurate. 7.62x54r is a great round and is better then .308 from what I have seen.

Also I might disagree with ya but there is always common ground. And don't let them get you down about your English skills I think you do just fine. I can barely speak and right one language.

P.S. My dream gun is a real Dragunov rifle all decked out with scope. I had to settle for a PSL.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Here's the beret emblem for the "concerned russian citizens" that are taking over buildings in Ukraine. Russian Special Forces Emblem
We can do this all day.

First of all I have never seen that emblem, and even in movies spetsnaz emblem was always some batman looking bat over a globe, second how exactly do you know that this particular emblem spetsnaz was the one taking over buildings in Ukraine? Have you seen photos of them or something?

The fact of the matter is, Putin is no less Fascistic as the minority right wing party in the Ukraine. You are just willfully or ignorantly regurgitating blatant Russian propaganda.

Speaking of right wing fascism, have you heard what Putin backed, right wing mobs do to homosexuals over in mother Russia?
edit on 4/7/2014 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

Comparing Putin to a Fascist is juvenile. He's a KGB man, get real. I don't even know how to estimate how ridiculous that notion is.

I have no idea about any right wing mobs and what they do to homos in Russia. None of that is any of my business, at all, no Russian mobs, especially homosexuals, and even less so of what any of them do to each other. I stay out of all of that.

Why on earth Russian homosexuals seem to concern or interest you, is strictly your business as well, but please keep me out of it.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

There are not nazis on both sides. It is not equivalent. Hard as it is for Americans to realize, there are unrepentant Nazis based in far western Ukraine.

en.wikipedia.org...

Look at Oleh Tyanybok giving the seig heil:
libcom.org...

Tyahnybok
en.wikipedia.org...

"On July 20, 2004, Tyahnybok was expelled from the Our Ukraine parliamentary faction[8][11] after he made a speech in the Carpathian Mountains at the gravesite of a commander of the Ukrainian Insurgent Army.[11] In the speech, which was aired on television in the summer of 2004, he made comments such as, [12]

"[You are the ones] that the Moscow-Jewish mafia ruling Ukraine fears most"[11]

and

"They were not afraid and we should not be afraid. They took their automatic guns on their necks and went into the woods, and fought against the Moskali, Germans, Jews and other scum who wanted to take away our Ukrainian state."[10]

Read about Right Sector:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by renden

How about LATVIA, each year they Celebrate Nazi anniversaries and BAN Russian Veteran Soldiers from entering their city in Russian Military uniforms. The reason the Russian Vet's visit Latvia, is to pay homage to their lost comrades who were killed Fighting (and Defeating) Nazi's during WW11. Latvia, Koldova, Ukraine, please Prof T - explain how they fought 'Against' Nazi'z during WW2?... Nazi'sF,ascist, UPN they are all wrong, so too are the scum like Golden Dawn in Greece Renden, PLEASE ACCEPT ONE STAR OF SUPPORT,,,

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

SubTruth

renden

SubTruth
reply to post by renden

I am not sure they get those kinds of guns up north but we do get them here in the US. They are always packed in tons of grease. I also love the Romanian PSL.

My mosin came like that, I got a good laminated one also from centerfiresystems, here in US

I love the Mosin it packs one heck of a punch and is very accurate. 7.62x54r is a great round and is better then .308 from what I have seen.

Also I might disagree with ya but there is always common ground. And don't let them get you down about your English skills I think you do just fine. I can barely speak and right one language.

P.S. My dream gun is a real Dragunov rifle all decked out with scope. I had to settle for a PSL.

I got dyslexia since I was a kid, my English doesn't bother me. I've always ran on sentences and made typos with letters from the words I'm thinking of ahead. I get the point across most days

OFFTOPIC

I love the .308, straight case stacks very well, but sure doesn't cycle as well as tapered case of the 54r. If you like PSL, try getting a hold of a 23" Vepr. A stock 23" Vepr in .308 out shoots a stock M14. A tuned Super Vepr in .308 will stand toe-to-toe with just about anything out there in .308, but Veprs do have heft to them. Accuracy wise it's as close to SVD as you gonna get. PSL is close, but pencil barrel flexes a bit to much, I'm sure you're seeing the spread opening up after 400 yards.

I got a good bead on Belomo/POSP scopes, picked some up not to long ago, now know the good ones from the bad ones. PM me if you wish.

As to the topic, I just hate Nazis man, both of my granddads fought them in WWII, so I don't care what colors and words Nazis hide behind, to me they all the same, just barely good enough for fish food.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

steaming
reply to post by renden

Renden, PLEASE ACCEPT ONE STAR OF SUPPORT,,,

Thank you, I appreciate the support!

I seem to recall NATO exercises in Baltics called Erna Raid, they have them every year since 1995 or something like that.

Originally Erna Raid was in 1941, when Waffen SS trained Estonian destruction battalions were shipped and parachuted by Germans to strike behind Soviet lines right before operation Barbarossa.

More here about it;

en.ria.ru...

Basically since 1995 NATO has been staging military training exercise to celebrate right where Russians were attacked for the first time right before operation Barbarossa.

That would be like lets say Japanese Navy staging navy exercises right next to Pearl Harbor, on the same date, to celebrate it.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Russias warning:

Masterminds and participants of such a provocation are taking a big responsibility for threatening rights, freedoms and lives of Ukrainian civilians and Ukraine’s stability. We urge to immediately stop all military preparations which could lead to a war

Quote from RT

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

6:35 AM was the start of Ukrainian government operation against pro-#Kremlin forces in #Kharkiv.

pro-#Kremlin coordinator in #Donetsk #Ukraine tells gunmen to take up positions in top windows of seized building (via radio chatter)

source

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Assault on #Kharkiv #Ukraine state administration building has been cleared. Ukrainian forces are in control of the building

Assault on pro-#Kremlin held building in #Kharkiv is over, it took less than 30 minutes but unclear whether there are injuries

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Kharkiv retaken, and Donetsk:

#Donetsk , Regional State Administration building, pro-#Kremlin forces: today storming is inevitable

pro-#Kremlin coordinator in #Donetsk #Ukraine tells gunmen to take up positions in top windows of seized building (via radio chatter)

edit on 7/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

It looks like the police in #Kharkiv #Ukraine were sidelined (seen as untrustworthy) as troops moved in to clear pro-#Kremlin barricades

~70 people arrested in operation that removed pro-#Kremlin separatists from #Kharkiv #Ukraine government administration building

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Internet here in Ukraine is extremely buggy, twitter, news sites etc not working, at times can get them for a few mins but very slow, sites dont open properly with pictures formatting not loading.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

darkorange
reply to post by rigel4

Hey there. You know, I would like to know more about 'modern world' views please.

I am Russian by nationality and a proud Canadian, just to avoid your pointless comments regarding members English language skills.

Yep, please, give me more on 'modern world' views. What would those be in few words.

Thanks bud.

edit on 7-4-2014 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

You asked: Putin = Seth Lord
/
edit on Tue, 08 Apr 2014 02:15:38 -0500152America/ChicagoTuesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

rigel4

You asked: Putin = Seth Lord
/
edit on Tue, 08 Apr 2014 02:15:38 -0500152America/ChicagoTuesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

Why is Putin, in your eyes, equal to the father of the bride (the wonderful Katherine Hepburn) in the Philadelphia Story again?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

ausername
reply to post by ProfessorT

It is quite possible that IF (not when) the Russians enter/invade the Ukraine they may not be faced with any widespread resistance, in fact there may be Ukrainian forces that stand down, surrender and even defect.

Get a Russian flag, wave it where they can see it IF they show up, and you'll be fine.

agree, in my opinion that could very well be outcome if/when Russia decides to go in.
it all depends a lot on the current government in Kiev and how much trust regular people have in them and the military of Ukraine.
with all defections in Crimea I think they are in a very bad position.
intentionally?
there is a big possibility for that.

I will say again: the less people get hurt - the better.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

SubTruth
I have to hand it to Putin and his ilk the plan is working.............I wonder if any of them factored in how much this is going to cost Russia in the long run. The cost of keeping this new land afloat is going to be pricy. They are already begging for money and saying they need help.

It would be like America taking over Cuba the cost would be off the chart. But I am sure Russia with all it's vast wealth can handle it...........Time will tell.

it could be cheap if they don't take the west of Ukraine.
seems to me they are planning to take "only the good part"...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Wookiep
reply to post by smurfy

and not have senior ministers taking about 'nuking Russia, far to arrogant.

Agreed. Russian talk show hosts who apparently have direct ties with Putin should also not make such statements against the U.S.
edit on 7-4-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

sorry for the star, wrong...

I mean, your analogy is completely wrong.

do you really think relations of Ukraine - Russia are even comparable to Russia - USA?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

ProfessorT

asen_y2k

ProfessorT

PutAQuarterIn

Bet that fire is from their fancy tire barricade.
Oh, indeed!

Are there any updates on who the victims are? I'm trying to scan through Twitter. There are a lot of reports about gunshots, grenades, flashbangs and a large fire. Russia's pretext has just been met by Ukraine.

No nothing on who died/injured. And yes indeed, Russian pretext has been met! Guess who may wake up to a Russian invasion tomorrow? Me....
Have you got any plans to leave Ukraine when Russia invade? I know you are in the west of the country but as we've seen in previous wars, conflict can spread quickly. Honestly though, I would expect NATO will be requested by Ukraine to enter the country should Russia intervene with another incursion.
edit on 7-4-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

are there any tactical reasons for Putin to take the whole country, together with west part?
could it be that Russia will only move into the regions that are revolting?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

rigel4

In all honesty they need banned.. i find them quite
offensive.

yeah, ban everyone who offer a view different from your own, especially if they signed up recently.

must be paid shills.

the truth is not black and white, so please don't try to paint it in those two colors only.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

SubTruth
reply to post by renden

I have to ask what is the deal with all the Nazi talk? Last time I checked Germany was pretty non Nazi.

I am honestly asking what is the deal it seems very out of place and kinda creepy. It is like I flashed back into 1940.

are you guys pretending not to understand what does it mean to be Neo -nazi?
who said anything about Germans?
Neo -nazi could be of different nationality, why you bring up Germans?

are there Neo - nazi groups in Ukraine? YES
did Neo - nazi groups supported violent overthrow of elected President of Ukraine? YES
do they have some support from Ukrainian people? YES

are all Ukrainian people supporting Neo - nazis or are they all Neo - nazis themselves? NO

so stop bringing Germans into this.

Matt1951

I have been on ATS a long time. I am an American. I have found your posts to sometimes be inaccurate and offensive, but I have not called for you to be banned. There is a strong Nazi element to the current government in Ukraine. No one said all people of Ukraine are nazis. You need to retract your statement that Renden said all Ukranians are nazis.

edit on 8-4-2014 by demus because: limiting the awerness

top topics

<< 290  291  292    294  295  296 >>

join