It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 270
<< 267  268  269    271  272  273 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

renden

dragonridr

Russia isnt a federation its a dictatorship

When is the last time you been to Russia?

probably never.
but all of the "news reports" couldn't be wrong, Russia must be a very nasty place.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

Here's the latest that I've been able to find...

Russian Platoon Withdrawing From Ukrainian Border, Russian Defense Ministry Says

Overnight, AFP reported that Russian forces have begun a gradual withdrawal from the Ukrainian border, citing a Russian defense ministry official. "In recent days, the Russian forces have been gradually withdrawing from the border," the Ukrainian defence ministry's general staff spokesman Oleksiy Dmytrashkivskiy said in a telephone interview. Moments ago, Reuters confirmed this story:

RUSSIAN DEFENCE MINISTRY SAYS ONE INFANTRY BATTALION IS WITHDRAWING FROM REGION NEAR UKRAINIAN BORDER - RUSSIAN STATE NEWS AGENCIES
And Bloomberg added:

RUSSIA: PLATOON HEADING BACK TO SAMARA REGION FROM ROSTOV: RIA
RUSSIAN PLATOON RELOCATING AFTER DRILL IN ROSTOV REGION: RIA

www.zerohedge.com...

So, this small withdrawal has been going on for the last couple of days, or just relocation as the full article says of the 'nuclear drill' they have been practising?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

So you said federations doesn't work.

Well I guess you didn't know or you weren't provided with relevant material that the US is also a federation, Germany too and so on.

Further, you want all federally regulated states to have central power, which I told you that those are characteristics of dictatorships.

So not only you're in support of dictatorships now you're uncovering your fascists feelings by telling me all regional governments needs to be dismantled in favor of one central gov.

Keep diggin the hole mate, I have nothing against that, it's only harming you.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

Well I guess you didn't know or you weren't provided with relevant material that the US is also a federation, Germany too and so on.

Further, you want all federally regulated states to have central power, which I told you that those are characteristics of dictatorships.

So not only you're in support of dictatorships now you're uncovering your fascists feelings by telling me all regional governments needs to be dismantled in favor of one central gov.

Well if your going to use such a broad definition the Roman Empire who aquired there states by force also applies. Oh and lets not forget the soviet Union was a federation. As they say grow up. What Russia wants is independent areas they can deal with instead of one government. This way they simply exclude the parts of Ukraine they dont want to deal with but apparently you cant figure out why they're pushing for it.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

dragonridr

zilebeliveunknown

Well if your going to use such a broad definition the Roman Empire who aquired there states by force also applies. Oh and lets not forget the soviet Union was a federation. As they say grow up. What Russia wants is independent areas they can deal with instead of one government. This way they simply exclude the parts of Ukraine they dont want to deal with but apparently you cant figure out why they're pushing for it.

Russian Federation consist of 46 oblast, 22 republics, 9 krais, 4 autonomus okrugs, 3 federal cities, 1 autonomus oblast.

Such a huge country is probably best managed from a single center and as a dictatorship, I don't know what were those Russians thinking when they organized their country as a federation.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
There are reports that three men, including the Deputy Mayor have been shot in Kiev tonight. Reports on Twitter seem to suggest Right Sector are to blame. The three men were reportedly in a restaurant called 'Mafia'. From what I can gather this news has just broke in the last 30 minutes or so.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

demus

demus

ProfessorT

asen_y2k

Over 2,000 people demand referendum at rally in east-Ukrainian city of Lugansk, and 3000 in Donetsk.

Voice of Russia

Seems like only Russian media covering this.
edit on 30/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)
Russia Today were covering a rally in Ukraine yesterday. They blatantly lied about the number of pro-Russian people who attended. They said "1 million people" and the pictures taken showed a group of 50-100 people. Russian propaganda is so bad, it's funny. They are just cementing Vladimir Putin's pretext.

1 million people?
care to provide some more information on this one?
I was trying to find where exactly RT said this?
or you're just making things up?

proffesor T, please reply.

you should reply this.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

ProfessorT
There are reports that three men, including the Deputy Mayor have been shot in Kiev tonight. Reports on Twitter seem to suggest Right Sector are to blame. The three men were reportedly in a restaurant called 'Mafia'. From what I can gather this news has just broke in the last 30 minutes or so.

On tv here, no deaths, only injuries.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

That's what RT are reporting too.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

demus

dragonridr

zilebeliveunknown

Russian Federation consist of 46 oblast, 22 republics, 9 krais, 4 autonomus okrugs, 3 federal cities, 1 autonomus oblast.

Such a huge country is probably best managed from a single center and as a dictatorship, I don't know what were those Russians thinking when they organized their country as a federation.

And what happens when an area decides to leave? See Russia is a dictatorship dont cross Putin by wanting independence from Russia. Putin sends in military and kills woman and children when they are shopping.

On 21 October 1999, a Russian short-range ballistic missile strike on the central Grozny killed more than 140 people, including many women and children, and left hundreds more wounded. Eight days later Russian aircraft carried out a rocket attack on a large convoy of refugees heading into Ingushetia, killing at least 25 civilians including Red Cross workers and journalists.[75] Two days later the Russian forces conducted a heavy artillery and rocket attack on Samashki. Some claimed that civilians were killed in Samashki in revenge for the heavy casualties suffered there by Russian forces during the first war.

Yeah Russian federation is so friendly they use force to keep all those republics in line so is it really a federation? If Putin decides what they do and when they do it by threat of force i believe thats what Dictators do. Oh and in case they left this out of your history book feel free to read this.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

ProfessorT

Yes I could see this coming if you read my posts because the right wing is an embarrassment to the rich elite that want to rule the country on their own with a little help from banker friends.

Next it will be the gas pipes that get blown up and people will then take to the street to fight the right, the left, anyone because half are upset about the way power was seized and everyone is upset about the IMF loans being tied to cutting public sectors pay by 65%, pensions by 50% and Gas going up 50%

You might find this hard to believe but at one stage the right wing leaders were asking Muslim terrorists to help to keep Russia in check so you can see how desperate these groups were to join anyone that would help depose the elected leader of the once peaceful country known as the Ukraine.

it's going to be a blood bath with blowback for the west for financing the coup in the first place and will possibly end in partition of the country and Russia being flooded with refuges fleeing the country

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
There are now lots of pictures popping up on a Twitter of heavily armed Special Forces surrounding the alleged unofficial headquarters of Right Sector and additional reports of medics going inside. I really hope Ukraine doesn't capitulate into civil war.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

ProfessorT
There are now lots of pictures popping up on a Twitter of heavily armed Special Forces surrounding the alleged unofficial headquarters of Right Sector and additional reports of medics going inside. I really hope Ukraine doesn't capitulate into civil war.

This all started with the assassination of the right sectors leader.Means one of two things someone saw him as competition or they were covering up their tracks. Im leaning for option two someone didnt want him to talk. I will say things obviously arent going the way right sector wants so im guessing now they're going to see if they can start another revolution. Wait if right sector takes control ive seen there videos they want to take on Russia. There thinking guerrilla warfare civilians be damned.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

dragonridr

demus

dragonridr

zilebeliveunknown

And what happens when an area decides to leave? See Russia is a dictatorship dont cross Putin by wanting independence from Russia. Putin sends in military and kills woman and children when they are shopping.

On 21 October 1999, a Russian short-range ballistic missile strike on the central Grozny killed more than 140 people, including many women and children, and left hundreds more wounded. Eight days later Russian aircraft carried out a rocket attack on a large convoy of refugees heading into Ingushetia, killing at least 25 civilians including Red Cross workers and journalists.[75] Two days later the Russian forces conducted a heavy artillery and rocket attack on Samashki. Some claimed that civilians were killed in Samashki in revenge for the heavy casualties suffered there by Russian forces during the first war.

Yeah Russian federation is so friendly they use force to keep all those republics in line so is it really a federation? If Putin decides what they do and when they do it by threat of force i believe thats what Dictators do. Oh and in case they left this out of your history book feel free to read this.

en.wikipedia.org...

what would happen if militants organized in the USA asking for independence and territory?

I know very well about Chechen Wars but you should acknowledge who the other side is.

how would USA fight insurgency?

what if a strategically important area of USA "decides to leave"; government would probably send in flower throwers to celebrate an event?

Im fully aware of Russia sins but your black - and - white point of view is very naive to say the least.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

ProfessorT

see, I'm trying to get you to reply to me about the "1 million" demonstrators that you have mentioned before.
so if you can clarify that.

I can see you're trying to avoid the reply.

if that is the case I can say I cannot trust anything you post here.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

demus

dragonridr

demus

dragonridr

zilebeliveunknown

en.wikipedia.org...

what would happen if militants organized in the USA asking for independence and territory?

I know very well about Chechen Wars but you should acknowledge who the other side is.

how would USA fight insurgency?

what if a strategically important area of USA "decides to leave"; government would probably send in flower throwers to celebrate an event?

Im fully aware of Russia sins but your black - and - white point of view is very naive to say the least.

Did reality just slap you in the face? So now Russias not a federation its a central government protecting its territory. See the problems with definitions so maybe next time keep the snarky comments to yourself. As far as what would happen in the United States they wouldnt kill woman and children attending the local market as a threat.Or massacre a town as revenge or blow up a passenger ship with journalists. As far as calling them insurgents as you put it they considered themselves freedom fighters. And it isnt over now that Putin was all for Crimean independence just wait he opened a huge mess because the Chechens will try to get their freedom again.So dont play off like Russia is some humanitarian country when the truth is they are just like every other country, only with less morals because people in Russia cant complain about their government they go to jail or worse.

Now as far as Ukraine Russia better wise up quick Ukraines right on its border and hes creating millions of enemies right on his front door over Crimea. Dont think Ukrainians are going to forget this they wont and ill bet that eventually your going to see them attack Russian infrastructure the same as the chechens. You dont have to be the biggest guy to hurt people its all about timing.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

demus

renden

dragonridr

Russia isnt a federation its a dictatorship

When is the last time you been to Russia?

probably never.
but all of the "news reports" couldn't be wrong, Russia must be a very nasty place.

Also this just came in; Cat named Tom is apparently really set on trying to catch mouse named Jerry. It's true I tell you, I saw it on TV

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   

dragonridr

demus

dragonridr

zilebeliveunknown

en.wikipedia.org...

Really? Weak sauce.

Oh looky at those bad Russians fighting a war on terror against Muslin terrorists, USA would never bomb innocent people, that job is reserved for American drones, Apache gunships, white phosphorous, A-10 / spookys and B-52 carpet bombing strikes, which are totally democratic because all those strikes take place thousands of miles away from USA, but Russian strikes are like evil and stuff because their strikes are INSIDE Russia. That's right, Chechen terrorists inside Russia deserve Red Cross, Human Rights International, United Nations and so forth, but anti-American terrorists everywhere including the Moon must be immediately and democratically blown up by remote strikes.

Yeeeap.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by renden

Oh looky at those bad Russians fighting a war on terror against Muslin terrorists, USA would never bomb innocent people, that job is reserved for American drones, Apache gunships, white phosphorous, A-10 / spookys and B-52 carpet bombing strikes, which are totally democratic because all those strikes take place thousands of miles away from USA, but Russian strikes are like evil and stuff because their strikes are INSIDE Russia. That's right, Chechen terrorists inside Russia deserve Red Cross, Human Rights International, United Nations and so forth, but anti-American terrorists everywhere including the Moon must be immediately and democratically blown up by remote strikes.

So what you are saying is that if someone else robs and cheats people, its okay for you to rob and cheat people. Great philosophy you have there.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

URGENT: #NATO 'does not see a Russian troop withdrawal from the border with #Ukraine'

BBC
edit on 1/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 267  268  269    271  272  273 >>

join