It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 267
<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Seems to me that the new government of Ukraine has started something that may get a lot of innocent Ukrainians killed. The normal working person in Ukraine probably will not benefit from the breakaway from allying with Russia, the businessmen will benefit though.

Wars are started to benefit the people who desire to get rich, not the ordinary citizen of a country. How come when this kind of stuff happens you have to choose sides....you are either with us or are our enemy is touted by the ones who want power, and people just parrot this, thinking they will get a good position under the new government...which is actually not true for most people.

It is not my country, I do not know the living conditions of most of the people involved either. I assume there are a lot of overworked people there who are near poverty. The promise of a better life usually never comes true for most people except initially when they have to rebuild the country from the war. That quick boost in jobs only lasts a dozen years. One thing is that war does control population, but it rebounds quickly as people from newly allied countries move in and take over the economy.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Ominously ... together with flash pro Russian demonstrations going on in the East..
There is anew moon tonight.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Matt1951
reply to post by ProfessorT

Do you have any substantiation for saying the snipers were Russian trained? Or are you deliberately spreading dis-information. It appears the work of the snipers, worked entirely to the benefit of the political opposition which seized power (Yatsenyuk and the others).
Yes, read this article: Exclusive: Photographs Expose Russian-Trained Killers in Kiev.

asen_y2k

ProfessorT

asen_y2k

ProfessorT

asen_y2k

Over 2,000 people demand referendum at rally in east-Ukrainian city of Lugansk, and 3000 in Donetsk.

Voice of Russia

Seems like only Russian media covering this.
edit on 30/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)
Russia Today were covering a rally in Ukraine yesterday. They blatantly lied about the number of pro-Russian people who attended. They said "1 million people" and the pictures taken showed a group of 50-100 people. Russian propaganda is so bad, it's funny. They are just cementing Vladimir Putin's pretext.

But the important question is, what is Russia's ulterior motive.
You know what? That's a good question because a lot of people have been second-guessing Vladimir Putin. I think if today's talks between Kerry and Lavrov get no where Russia will invade tonight. They already have Cossacks who are supposedly "ready to rescue Ukraine" near the border.

Couldn't agree with you more, seems like if there ever will be an invasion, it will be tonight, tomorrow or day after. After that its too late. Stagnant deployment costs money. And today is new moon(no moon) and Ukraine has absolutely no night fighting capabilities.

By the way, where did you read about the cosacks on the border, I seem to have missed it?
A British journalist from Sky News spent a day with the Cossacks. You can read his report here. Sky News also ran a TV report, it's very informative.
edit on 30-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

ProfessorT

Matt1951

Do you have any substantiation for saying the snipers were Russian trained? Or are you deliberately spreading dis-information. It appears the work of the snipers, worked entirely to the benefit of the political opposition which seized power (Yatsenyuk and the others).
Yes, read this article: Exclusive: Photographs Expose Russian-Trained Killers in Kiev.

asen_y2k

ProfessorT

asen_y2k

ProfessorT

asen_y2k

Over 2,000 people demand referendum at rally in east-Ukrainian city of Lugansk, and 3000 in Donetsk.

Voice of Russia

Seems like only Russian media covering this.
Russia Today were covering a rally in Ukraine yesterday. They blatantly lied about the number of pro-Russian people who attended. They said "1 million people" and the pictures taken showed a group of 50-100 people. Russian propaganda is so bad, it's funny. They are just cementing Vladimir Putin's pretext.

But the important question is, what is Russia's ulterior motive.
You know what? That's a good question because a lot of people have been second-guessing Vladimir Putin. I think if today's talks between Kerry and Lavrov get no where Russia will invade tonight. They already have Cossacks who are supposedly "ready to rescue Ukraine" near the border.

Couldn't agree with you more, seems like if there ever will be an invasion, it will be tonight, tomorrow or day after. After that its too late. Stagnant deployment costs money. And today is new moon(no moon) and Ukraine has absolutely no night fighting capabilities.

By the way, where did you read about the cosacks on the border, I seem to have missed it?
A British journalist from Sky News spent a day with the Cossacks. You can read his report here. Sky News also ran a TV report, it's very informative.
edit on 30-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

Lol how in hell can you say that those 3 photos are proof those people are Russians?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
And now we add Kharkiv to the list of cities with pro Russian protests today.

Link

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

An "exclusive" by the Daily Beast? Not verified by any other news source, such as the BBC?. How about a serious source, such as the US State Dept?
What you wrote is garbage.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Matt1951

An "exclusive" by the Daily Beast? Not verified by any other news source, such as the BBC?. How about a serious source, such as the US State Dept?
What you wrote is garbage.

To be fair US State Dept is not far from Daily Beast.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
And we can also add Dnitropetrovsk and Odessa to the cities with pro Russian rallies demanding:
Russia save us
Entering Russian custom union
Entering Russia
Being occupied by Russia
Asking Yanukovich to save them

Ukrainian Pravda

TV clip from Kanal 24 here

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

asen_y2k
And we can also add Dnitropetrovsk and Odessa to the cities with pro Russian rallies demanding:
Russia save us
Entering Russian custom union
Entering Russia
Being occupied by Russia
Asking Yanukovich to save them

Ukrainian Pravda

TV clip from Kanal 24 here

Can you tell me about supply of food in shops, is there any shortage of some specific products?
How about supply of gas?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmonova

I am in the west, far from the hot spots. Here its life as usual, infact abundant supply of food, water, gas, etc....for now.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

asen_y2k

I am in the west, far from the hot spots. Here its life as usual, infact abundant supply of food, water, gas, etc....for now.

Thanks, do people still have access to Russian tv channels where you are?
Is there much concern around what is going to happen next, can you feel any ethnic division and tension toward eastern part of Ukraine where most of Russians live?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

cosmonova

asen_y2k

Thanks, do people still have access to Russian tv channels where you are?
Is there much concern around what is going to happen next, can you feel any ethnic division and tension toward eastern part of Ukraine where most of Russians live?

Yes I believe 3 Russian channels are off air.
Yes there is a huge concern about a Russian invasion but most feel that the western parts of Ukraine will be left alone.
Yes there is a somewhat suppressed hatred towards Russian speaking Ukrainians, at-least in the western part, where I am now. Infact few days back when me and a few Ukrainian friends were having a beer, my neighbour was watching TV and it was in Russian language. My friends were wanting to go there and knock on his door and let him know hes in Ukraine. I had to stop them from doing that. This nationalistic ferver started after the revolution. It was practically absent before. Ukrainian channels also regularly broadcast Russian movies, soaps etc.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Can you clarify me about this Black Moon thing? what is it exactly?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
On tweeter talks about USA being open to Russian proposal of federalization of Ukraine. Looks like an invasion may be averted!

The Guardian @guardian Russia clarifies Ukraine stance as Sergei Lavrov meets John Kerry in Paris gu.com/p/3z24b/tw 31 mins ago 16 retweets | 1 replies

Michael Weiss @michaeldweiss "Lavrov said Russia wants Ukraine's regions to have more autonomy" and says Obama is open to it. Also, Russia to decide Ukr NATO status. 48 mins ago 11 retweets | 2 replies

ian bremmer @ianbremmer Russia Foreign Ministry wants "Non-Bloc" Status for #Ukraine Constitution. #OrElse 4 mins ago 8 retweets | 1 replies

John Schindler @20committee Kremlin is on message and on point today...they may well get what they want in #Ukraine without invasion. #19thCenturyRules 8 mins ago 5 retweets | 2 replies

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

asen_y2k
On tweeter talks about USA being open to Russian proposal of federalization of Ukraine. Looks like an invasion may be averted!

So it was confirmed? Sources?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Only two things will trigger a Russian invasion of Ukraine. If the Ukrainian government suppresses eastern Ukraine with military force, or if Ukraine becomes unstable. Stability of Ukraine will not be known until after the May elections. Yatsenyuk took two positive steps. He addressed the nation in Russian, and he said he will not agree to the EU demand to close manufacturing in eastern Ukraine. There is no valid reason to close factories that sell to Russia. Invading Ukraine will exact high costs to the Russian economy, and they will only invade if they feel they have no choice.
Once the full impact of the EU imposed austerity is felt, Ukraine could become unstable. A better choice would be to follow Iceland. Default on the loans, and maintain independence.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

WhiteWine
reply to post by rigel4

Can you clarify me about this Black Moon thing? what is it exactly?

Just a New Moon where there is very little or No
light .. Ideal for night manoeuvrings by troops.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Yusomad

asen_y2k

So it was confirmed? Sources?

Thats the thing, no sources....still keeping me on the edge, its just a small hope.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Matt1951

It will be a good thing, as you mention Ukraine is not fully leaning towards the west, but can Ukraine stand alone and not heed to EU and IMF demands? Its they who got the current Ukrainian Gov into power.

new topics

top topics

<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join