It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 269
<< 266  267  268    270  271  272 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Agence France-Presse    @AFP 
#BREAKING: Lavrov says no US-Russia deal on Ukraine but "constructive" talks to continue

The Associated Press    @AP 
BREAKING: Kerry: We will not accept path forward where legitimate government of Ukraine not at table.

BREAKING: Russian foreign minister says Ukraine can't function as unified state, should be federation.

BREAKING: Kerry: Russian troop build-up is creating climate of fear and intimidation in Ukraine.

BREAKING: Kerry says US and Russia agree on importance of diplomatic solution to Ukraine crisis.

Sky News Newsdesk    @SkyNewsBreak 
Update - Reuters: Russian Foreign Minister saysMoscow and Washington agree to work with Ukraine's government and people to overcome crisis

UPDATE: The United States and Russia failed to reach a deal on Ukraine link

BREAKING: Kerry: Russian troop build-up is creating climate of fear and intimidation in Ukraine.

edit on 30/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

asen_y2k

#BREAKING: Lavrov says no US-Russia deal on Ukraine but "constructive" talks to continue

BREAKING: Kerry: We will not accept path forward where legitimate government of Ukraine not at table.

BREAKING: Russian foreign minister says Ukraine can't function as unified state, should be federation.

BREAKING: Kerry says US and Russia agree on importance of diplomatic solution to Ukraine crisis.

Update - Reuters: Russian Foreign Minister saysMoscow and Washington agree to work with Ukraine's government and people to overcome crisis

Russia really wants Ukraine to be a federation instead of a central government. They know with a federation that Ukraine would never agree on anything and the country would fall into ruin. Ukraine needs a strong central government and not a bunch of governors who sometimes agree to work together.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Russia are pushing their way into Ukraine right now!

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

US-Russia deadlock on Ukraine crisis

US Secretary of State John Kerry has announced no new deal on Ukraine, following four hours of "frank" talks with Sergei Lavrov.

Mr Kerry was speaking at a news conference after holding crisis talks with the Russian foreign minister in Paris.

He said the US still considered Russian actions in Crimea to be "illegal and illegitimate".

Earlier Mr Lavrov set out demands for a neutral and federal Ukraine.

From my BBC mobile app.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

So it's just the same old same old.. The situation remains stagnant as ever.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

This is what I feared. I was really really hoping for a positive outcome. Deeply saddened by the results and frankly quited scared what I will wake up to tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Ukraine needs a strong central government

Strong central governments are the characteristics of dictatorships, so thank you for uncovering your feelings.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

dragonridr

asen_y2k

Russia really wants Ukraine to be a federation instead of a central government. They know with a federation that Ukraine would never agree on anything and the country would fall into ruin. Ukraine needs a strong central government and not a bunch of governors who sometimes agree to work together.

It is too late for a strong central government, especially now when eastern part of Ukraine is pushing for federation and decentralization. As I said in another post, the priority issue for government should be to eliminate Right Sector completely (ban), remove paramilitary forces from the streets of Kiev as ethnic tensions can get out of control very easy. Right Sector is a burden for government in Kiev now and can bring no good to the country. Even EU has finally admit that.
The problem now is how to do it peacefully as Right Sector must feel cheated and betrayed right now, as they played a major role in violent coup and want a peace of cake as well.

edit on 30-3-2014 by cosmonova because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

Strong central governments are the characteristics of dictatorships, so thank you for uncovering your feelings.

You mean like in Russia, where the regional governments are appointed from Moscow?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

DJW001

zilebeliveunknown

You mean like in Russia, where the regional governments are appointed from Moscow?

Set......Point.......Match......Bravo. It is really weird the pro-Russia poster all seem to be on the same exact page as Moscow. You would think with all the back and forth some would dissent just a little.....Hmm really weird. I guess they must all just feel the same way?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

Really i think you told more about the way you think than i. By the way federations never work someone still has to ultimately get them to work to gether and thats what a central government does. But nice job carrying the water for Putin.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

DJW001

zilebeliveunknown

Russia isnt a federation its a dictatorship we seen what happens when local governments disagree with Putin he kills there people people while they're shopping.Still cant believe he got away with blowing up woman and children.But really whos going to challenge him in Russia ive been reading up on what happens to people that challenge his authority forced labor camps dont sound fun.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

SubTruth

DJW001

zilebeliveunknown

Set......Point.......Match......Bravo. It is really weird the pro-Russia poster all seem to be on the same exact page as Moscow. You would think with all the back and forth some would dissent just a little.....Hmm really weird. I guess they must all just feel the same way?

Im sure its just a coincidence and not some kind of propaganda campaign.I mean we just happen to get alot of new Russian posters at the time this started im sure its nothing. And they all seem to only watch RT maybe thats all there allowed to watch? As far as everyone in Russia agreeing i posted earlier a russian website where they are calling out traitors who disagree with the party line. Im guessing theyll be rounded up soon enough.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

dragonridr

SubTruth

DJW001

zilebeliveunknown

Im sure its just a coincidence and not some kind of propaganda campaign.I mean we just happen to get alot of new Russian posters at the time this started im sure its nothing. And they all seem to only watch RT maybe thats all there allowed to watch? As far as everyone in Russia agreeing i posted earlier a russian website where they are calling out traitors who disagree with the party line. Im guessing theyll be rounded up soon enough.

my friend, Russia these days is a bright star on the sky, a balance of power majority of the world is waiting for.
For me it is not because it is Russia, I would support any other country who can stop aggressive foreign policies, bullying, globalism, violent revolutions sponsored and coming from US&EU. At the moment it is Russia, tomorrow might be someone else.
Putin did a lot for Russia in a last 15 years, I know you do not like the fact that 'they are back' but you have to accept reality and the end of US domination in the world as it was in a last 15-20 years. It is a better outcome for whole world.
What they do in Russia, I could not care less, people seems to be happy, they are proud to be Russians again, living standard is much improved in a last 15 years, economy is doing well, no foreign debt, etc, good for them. I believe it is quite opposite in 'Land of Free'.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmonova

For me it is not because it is Russia, I would support any other country who can stop aggressive foreign policies, bullying, globalism, violent revolutions sponsored and coming from US&EU. At the moment it is Russia, tomorrow might be someone else.

"who can stop aggressive foreign policies"? I'm not what you call a supporter of the recent western foreign behavior in the last couple of decades, but I think you are stretching it a bit. Russia will not stop anything bad in the world, at least, not more than any other nation on Earth.

Ukrainian relations with Russia were so bad in the past at some points, that when Nazi troops invaded Ukraine they were received as heroes, liberating them from the barbaric orders and sacrifices forced by Stalin. How bad do you think things have to get before you consider Nazi troops as a good sign? Some historians even consider that Ukrainian troops could have tipped the Russian battle in favor of the Nazi's. However, racism got in the way and instead of using the local support from Ukraine and reinforce their troops to fight the Soviets, they decided to send them to concentration camps.

As much as I disagree with many U.S. operations around the World - or NATO's for that matter -, I'm not blind to the realities of politicians. If Russia had the same resources and capability, they would do exactly what the U.S. has done. They aren't any better, and in some aspect's they can be worst. U.S. and Russia's philosophies might be on opposite sides of the idealogical spectrum, but they are two different ways of achieving the same sort of power.

Considering this sort of behavior somewhat acceptable is very dangerous. History is a good teacher.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
If the policies of today's Russia had the ability to influence the west in the same manner as they influence the Russian population, then the debate happening here, in this thread, would not have been without violent attempts to shut it down.

Those dissenting members would be hunted down, arrested, sent to Siberian prisons and, after their release, would still face continued harassment.

I doubt very much that ATS would even be allowed to exist.

Putin wants to reclaim the Imperialist ideals of Catherine the Great and rebuild an Empire. This is his long-term goal and little will sway him from that desired outcome. Nationalism, militarism and the false sense of honour attached to all sides have been the foundation stones for both previous world wars and, once again, they are obvious on both sides of this present crisis.

Let me quote Henry James after the outbreak of WWI:

The intense unthinkability of anything so blank and so infamous in an age that we have been living in and taking for our own as if it were of a high refinement of civilization - in spite of all conscious incongruities; finding it after all carrying this abomination in its blood, finding this to have been what it meant all the while, is like suddenly having to recognise in one's family circle or group of best friends a band of murderers, swindlers and villains- it's just such a similar shock.

Lubbock, Letters of Henry James, 389.

We are, all of us, guilty of the smugness, pride and uncaring attitudes which constantly bring us to this precipice. Whether we once again follow our basest instinct into a bloodbath or decide to postpone a nuclear conflagration for a later date, it looks to me as if there is a worrying kind of inevitability about it all. I don't know what will come, but I do fear for the future of mankind.

Is it time to put away nationalism and strive towards a single world government? Are we ready to look to the stars for a united future or will we be better off suffering through another 'Age Of Darkness', cowering in fear of each other?
edit on 31/3/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

please join us back in reality:

Patriot Act

Guantanamo Bay

(not trying to say that USA is less free than Russia.)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

Reality is exactly what I'm talking about... that there are no innocent parties, no matter which nation states are involved. It's time we evolved.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

masqua
reply to post by demus

Reality is exactly what I'm talking about... that there are no innocent parties, no matter which nation states are involved. It's time we evolved.

I agree with that.

on topic: I don't like the silence about Ukraine, last time we had few news about Crimea the most important things were happening.

it almost make you think that world media networks are very well connected and/or instructed...

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

dragonridr

Russia isnt a federation its a dictatorship

When is the last time you been to Russia?

new topics

top topics

<< 266  267  268    270  271  272 >>

join