It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 253
<< 250  251  252    254  255  256 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

MyMindIsMyOwn

demus
let's say US agrees to do it in summer and Russia move into Eastern Ukraine, wouldn't that make US more likely to react?
edit on 26-3-2014 by demus because: decyphering announcments

Absolutely, it would force the US' hand in that IF Russia decides to hold off on going further into Ukraine. But the timing is what I am questioning here. If Ukraine is jumping up and down, yelling that they fear Russia will be invading within days, why set up the military exercise for summer?

Does any of that make any sense? It's a working theory, so I'm still trying to sort it out in my own head and therefore I fully realize that I may not be presenting it clearly to the rest of you.

Just my thoughts, for what it's worth.
This is all for the public, what is truly happening behind the scenes may be quite different.
Earlier in this thread there was talk of U.S. assets being directed to the area, so I imagine if something was to "go down" the U.S. would be in a position to respond fairly quick.
edit on 26-3-2014 by Im2keul because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
This is another video from YouTube circulating the internet allegedly showing more Russian tanks, trucks and armoured vehicles on a train in the Bryansk Oblast region near to Ukraine.
No doubt in my mind Vladimir Putin takes his army's training exercises very seriously! Or could these be the 'Crimean Self Defence Forces'?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

if they asked to hold military drills with US immediately, that could be too much of a "provocation".

the difference is like: do not attack, please vs. DO NOT ATTACK

but who knows what is actually happening in the heads of those madman and psychopaths...?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Im2keul

reply to post by demus

Thank you both for your input, it has helped me to put things in a different light in my own mind and on my way to better understanding the situation.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Ukraine will hire foreign mercenaries to suppress pro - Russian protests in parts of Ukraine...

Greystone =? Blackwater

Ukrainian authorities plan to attract US private military company Greystone Limited to suppress protest moods of the mostly Russian-speaking population in the east of the country.

Kiev decides to Hire US...

Des Mercenaires US De Greystone Ltd/Blackwater Comme Police

FirstNews

Greystone Limited
edit on 26-3-2014 by demus because: supressing negativity outburst

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

ProfessorT

Is there any follow-up information regarding that picture? Novozybkov is roughly 20 miles away from Ukraine's border...

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

Its actually closer to Belarus than Ukraine. On goigle map the city is at the northern most part where Ukraine meets Russia, near Belarus. Its actually quite close to Kiev.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

asen_y2k

Its actually closer to Belarus than Ukraine. On goigle map the city is at the northern most part where Ukraine meets Russia, near Belarus. Its actually quite close to Kiev.

what can we expect in next 1 - 2 weeks, do you have any ideas/speculations?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

demus

asen_y2k

what can we expect in next 1 - 2 weeks, do you have any ideas/speculations?

As this pics show us, Russia keeps on deploying troops and armor near the border, it does cost a lot to deploy and maintain deployment. They have also been steadily increasing the numbers near the border. Well why would they if they did not have intentions to engage. The numbers they had a week or so back was enough to put pressure on the kiev government, but they did not stop at that. They are keeping on increasing.
Also Ukrainian border patrols reports increasing number of buzzing and drone activity at the border.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Apparently some Ukrainian news sites are reporting that the ex-President Viktor Yanukovych is apparently going to lead Russian armed forces in an assault on the South East of Ukraine in order to try and regain power. No word on when this will take place but it's fair to assume with the continuous military build-up its likely to be very soon. Click here for the original article.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

ProfessorT
Apparently some Ukrainian news sites are reporting that the ex-President Viktor Yanukovych is apparently going to lead Russian armed forces in an assault on the South East of Ukraine in order to try and regain power. No word on when this will take place but it's fair to assume with the continuous military build-up its likely to be very soon. Click here for the original article.

Yes I have heard about this too, but not sure how real this is.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Can we expect Ukraine to act? and when is the question. I never thought Russia would push and push even more military at the border. Personally I thought they was going to stop at Crimea and be it that the international community would condemn but accept that Crimea was lost to Russia.

In the long run Russia has be side slapped with Sanctions but it Russia can easily slap sanctions on the west, so there is no Win, Win situations here.

So lets say Ukraine has already drawn it's red line? or Can they afford to? Their not pushing for an immediate military response to me they seem to be sitting back and waiting for something big to happen.

Their daring Russia of the consequences before them if they even step one boot into mainland Ukraine. Subsequently Russia is not really shaking in their boots when it comes to military might and therefore think they can just ride in.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

it seems exactly that is happening.
in my opinion the most important was/is the speed of actions by Russia/Putin.
Political decisions, military deployments, statements - everything done so fast that "The West" cannot even comprehend the last move and the next move is already being played.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Video embedded below.
If this video can be verified it means that Russian forces are less than an hour away from Kiev. Extremely worrying.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Considering that western ukraine has become a hotbed of neonazis and western interests you cant really blame russia for shoring up the defenses. Unless ofcourse you really think the ukranian government is legitimate, wich is another issue alltogether.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

asen_y2k

ProfessorT

Yes I have heard about this too, but not sure how real this is.

If this is true than I fear if the west does nothing than Putin will have unchecked power. If the west does something, all hell will break lose.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

This is not good.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

demus

it seems exactly that is happening.
in my opinion the most important was/is the speed of actions by Russia/Putin.
Political decisions, military deployments, statements - everything done so fast that "The West" cannot even comprehend the last move and the next move is already being played.

lol i'm pretty sure that the west has thought of all those scenarios and more . Frankly there are people paid to do exactly that. Military maneuvers , strategies, tactics are thought out well in advance. Each and every possible scenario is mapped and counters developed so that in real time its not a ****up.. You can't hide information these days. US intelligence is at least capable of that. Its in fact that intelligence that gives such credence to US military might.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

(Reuters) - Neutral Switzerland took a cautious stance in the Ukraine crisis on Wednesday, saying it would not be "abused" by those wanting to circumvent Western sanctions against Russia but stopping short of adopting its own measures.

link

new topics

top topics

<< 250  251  252    254  255  256 >>

join