It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 251
<< 248  249  250    252  253  254 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Media: tonight there will be further attempts to arrest the extremist Right Sector members.

And here it begins, after winning the revolution, the infighting begins, Egypt 2.0.
edit on 25/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I reckon these are just Somali Pirates...

Fixed it for you. "Somali Self Defense Forces".

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Not sure if authentic or not

BREAKING NEWS: Russia adds 10,000 troops, air defense artillery, wheeled vehicles to positions near Ukraine eastern border. Via CNN

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

asen_y2k
Media: tonight there will be further attempts to arrest the extremist Right Sector members.

No shocker there. Putin has never particularly cared for opposition. Face it he is the kinda guy that would have a riot pussy thrown in jail, oops sorry I meant Pussy Riot thrown in jail.

The KGB (opps sorry I meant Crimea Self Defense Forces) will be taking opposition folks from their homes in the middle of the night real soon.....

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

@CNNSitRoom #BREAKING: US official: #Russia now has 30k troops near #Ukraine border, after adding 10k troops + air defense artillery & wheeled vehicles.
This is quite worrying. It seems despite all the requests for Russia to engage diplomatically with Ukraine they are simply not willing to. Why would you need 30,000 troops and air defence artillery at the Ukrainian border for weeks on end? It doesn't make sense unless you are planning more than training exercises.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Mamatus

asen_y2k

No shocker there. Putin has never particularly cared for opposition. Face it he is the kinda guy that would have a riot pussy thrown in jail, oops sorry I meant Pussy Riot thrown in jail.

The KGB (opps sorry I meant Crimea Self Defense Forces) will be taking opposition folks from their homes in the middle of the night real soon.....

I guess you did not understand, and my sincere appologies if I am mistaken.

The arresting will be down by the new Kyiv authorities, the new government who were bought in power by the right sector. And today after killing the right sector No. 2 they will start arresting more members.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Yup I misunderstood. I do not envy being where you are at this time. Good luck there.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

ProfessorT

@CNNSitRoom #BREAKING: US official: #Russia now has 30k troops near #Ukraine border, after adding 10k troops + air defense artillery & wheeled vehicles.
This is quite worrying. It seems despite all the requests for Russia to engage diplomatically with Ukraine they are simply not willing to. Why would you need 30,000 troops and air defence artillery at the Ukrainian border for weeks on end? It doesn't make sense unless you are planning more than training exercises.

I think that nobody can say - with a straight face - that those are just exercises.

They can be doing exercises, training and all that. But Russia is far from a small country, they aren't fooling anyone by placing 30,000+ troops near a neighbors border, just to do exercises.

I'm not fully convinced they will charge for an invasion. This might be just to put pressure on Ukraine. That, or they are preparing something that is still not operational for such an invasion.

Either way, it's not good.

I seriously hope they don't cross the border and start invading Ukraine, or even Ukraine and more countries like Moldava. If they do so, we are in for a global conflict. Maybe not to the extent of a World War, but at least a very serious regional war.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Mamatus

asen_y2k

You do know it isn't Putin doing the arresting here, right?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

khimbar

Mamatus

asen_y2k

Note above, I misunderstand his post.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Mamatus

khimbar

Mamatus

asen_y2k

Note above, I misunderstand his post.

Sorry, just seen that and was editing my other one.

As you were everyone...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

asen_y2k
Ukrainian drone has been shot down over Transnistria, Moldova.

Link

Thank you for the other video, those do look like T-72 with ERA blocks. The firs vid only had unarmed support vehicles.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Reuters World:ReutersWorld-Russian military holds exercises in breakaway Moldova region: agency t.co... 23 mins ago.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
What are the dates of the latest armor movements?

Since March 15 Ukrainian forces have been moving armor columns both by road and by train, they were intercepted and blocked by locals;

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Last Ukrainian naval ship in Crimea has been lost, russian tugboat pulls it towards the berth.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

asen_y2k
Reuters World:ReutersWorld-Russian military holds exercises in breakaway Moldova region: agency (nolink)rlrDtlyZoi 23 mins ago.

See... This is the kind of alarm bell I didn't want going off...
edit on 25-3-2014 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

GarrusVasNormandy

asen_y2k
Reuters World:ReutersWorld-Russian military holds exercises in breakaway Moldova region: agency (nolink)rlrDtlyZoi 23 mins ago.

See... This is the kind of alarm bell I didn't want going off...
edit on 25-3-2014 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

Please elaborate, I dont quite understand what you mean.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

The self-proclaimed leader of the Crimean port city of Sevastopol on Tuesday disbanded its pro-Russian militia and called on them to disarm according to Russian law.

Alexey Chaly, who has been in charge of the city for about a month, signed a decree to disband the "functions of people's militia units" which said they were "no longer useful".

"The revolution is over. We are starting to live according Russsian laws with the relevant consequences for illegal actions."

Some of the commanders are opposed to the move, however, and plan to stage a protest against it on Wednesday.

"Chaly didn't even say thank you," one of them, Vladimir Tyunin, told AFP. "He is trying to rule this city single-handedly."

Chaly, a vehemently pro-Russian politician, was proclaimed Sevastopol's mayor at the end of February by people at a rally in support of calls for the city - home to Russia's Black Sea fleet since the time of the tsars - to join Russia.

At the time, the city's new authorities under Chaly had called on citizens to join a "self-defence" militia, which then took part in the seizure of Ukrainian military bases and ships together with Russian troops. [AFP]

Al Jazeera Live Blog

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Kiev decides to tame eastern Ukraine by hiring foreign mercenaries

"Ukrainian authorities plan to attract US private military company Greystone Limited to suppress protest moods of the mostly Russian-speaking population in the east of the country.

According to Ukrainian Security Service, mercenaries will be engaged in political search and protection of state security over inability of Ukrainian law enforcement agencies to curb on leaders and activists of pro-Russian movement independently. This initiative was put forward by oligarchs Ihor Kolomoyskyi, a co-owner of Ukraine’s PrivatBank, and Serhiy Taruta, head of the industrial union of Donbass, a coal basin in eastern Ukraine, as these business tycoons were appointed as governors in central Ukraine’s Dnepropetrovsk region and eastern Ukraine’s Donetsk region, respectively. A source in Ukrainian Security Service which participated in recent special meeting chaired by parliament-appointed interim President Oleksandr Turchynov reported about this fact.

“Turchynov believes that law enforcement agencies in eastern regions cannot settle the issue of pro-Russian movement themselves, so they decided to attract foreign mercenaries,” the security official said. “In debates over action plan Kolomoyskyi proposed “not to re-invent a bicycle”, because there are real people who have a clear idea how much and how to pay,” he said."

More here;

www.phantomreport.com...

www.vesti.ru...

With this in play, and Ukrainian armor moved towards Russian border since March 15th, Russian military response is guaranteed.

extra source added
edit on 25-3-2014 by renden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

@MDFoundation - #Moldova's separatist region #Gagauzia's head, local parliamentarians have meetings in Kremlin today. Expect troubles pic.twitter.com/XDH8GakmP2
This tweet is extremely interesting. First meetings in the Kremlin and then Russian military exercises close-by?! I do think President Obama's words today didn't help and possibly the military exercises were as a result of this to show how strong Russia are.

new topics

top topics

<< 248  249  250    252  253  254 >>

join