It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 250
<< 247  248  249    251  252  253 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Russian troops in Crimea are attacking the last Ukrainian naval ship Cherkasa. Gunfire and explosions heard.

Link 1

Link 2

Please note that the ships name is being google translated to Odessa, but in original Ukrainian language its Cherkasa.
edit on 25/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

ProfessorT
The following picture has been taken in Russia showing artillery pieces facing towards mainland Ukraine.
So, I think it's a question of 'when', not 'if' the Russian army will be invading Ukraine. Also, Ukraine Special Forces Unit that had their base stormed in Crimea has been relocated to Kherson. Ukraine believe that at present Russia could invade 6-8 Oblasts.

How can you tell what's being pointed where, and how are these cannons Russian?

Yes yes, invade invade, it will happen with out a doubt, right now, because, well, oh who cares, it just will.

Is this just a game to you fellas? Like super bowl or something? ...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

asen_y2k
Russian troops in Crimea are attacking the last Ukrainian naval ship Odessa. Gunfire and explosions heard.

More info pls.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

renden

asen_y2k
Russian troops in Crimea are attacking the last Ukrainian naval ship Odessa. Gunfire and explosions heard.

More info pls.

Done, see original post.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

asen_y2k

renden

asen_y2k

More info pls.

Done, see original post.

Thank you. Any other sources? 24 and UP are both Ukrainian pro-West oligarch owned propaganda sources.
edit on 25-3-2014 by renden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Here is another video stating Russian tanks moving towards Bryansk 15 km from the Ukrainian border.

Note link from iPad not working. You can find it here also.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

renden

asen_y2k

renden

asen_y2k

More info pls.

Done, see original post.

Thank you. Any other sources? 24 and UP are both Ukrainian pro-West oligarch owned propaganda sources.
edit on 25-3-2014 by renden because: (no reason given)

No, I am sorry, i am in Ukraine, so all I can give you is Ukrainian sources, and whats on TV.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

asen_y2k
Here is another video stating Russian tanks moving towards Bryansk 15 km from the Ukrainian border.

Link doesn't work

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Ukrainian drone has been shot down over Transnistria, Moldova.

Link

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Wookiep

asen_y2k

Link doesn't work

Video Here

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

asen_y2k
I'm sorry where are the tanks? Yet another grainy video. /sarcasm.

Video embedded:
Asen, in relation to the Ukrainian ship currently being attacked are any news channels covering it in Ukraine? I note that Pravda are reporting an explosive substance being placed on board. Has this been confirmed? As always, thanks for your updates.
edit on 25-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

ProfessorT

asen_y2k
I'm sorry where are the tanks? Yet another grainy video. /sarcasm.

Video embedded:
Asen, in relation to the Ukrainian ship currently being attacked are any news channel covering it in Ukraine? I note that Pravda are reporting an explosive substance being placed on board. Has this been confirmed?

Videos not mind, so no guarantees, but i think I did see tanks on the trains.

And, yes TV reports confirms that Cherkasa is being attacked but she is maneuvering to avoid attackers. Nothing more yet. Confusing reports of either there are explosions onboard or explosives have been hitched onboard.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

That worked, thanks.
That's a lot of tanks.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 25-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Here is another video of Russian tanks (allegedly) on a stationery train in Somovo, Voronezhskaya oblast.
Before the anti-west crowd pipe up; no I wasn't there when the video was recorded and no I am not a geographer so do your own research. Anyways, these are quite clearly Russian tanks. They aren't going to be Ukraine's are they?!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
More info,
Right sector just released statement reads that the leader was assassinated by the Ukrainian ministry of internal affairs. He was handcuffed, checked to see if he had a bullet proof vest on and then shot twice into the chest. All done by Ukrainian special forces by order of Ukrainian minister of internal affairs, top cop, Avakov. They say they have security camera video of the event and have vowed revenge against Avakov.

Also reports of Russian raiders have boarded the Ukrainian Naval Ship Cherkasa while the crew have barricaded themselves. Also reports of a tugboat trying to/have rammed the ship.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Just in: Contact with the Ship Cherkasa has been lost.

"Minesweeper" Cherkasa "lost motion. Ship stormed. Lost contact with the ship, "- said in a statement. "Sources say that in the minesweeper " Cherkasa "heard explosions and bright flashes seen" - said a spokesman for the Defense Ministry of the Crimean Vladislav Seleznev.

That was the last remaining Ukrainian flagged ship in Crimea.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Asen, Stay safe. Things over there could have taken a very nasty turn. I was so hoping this would be a "peaceful" takeover.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

@PalkotLondon- #Ukraine Defense Ministry confirms to #FoxNews #Russian assault team on board last #Crimea hold-out ship #Cherkasy. Shots, explosives fired
There are other Tweets on Twitter suggesting a Russian attack helicopter was also following the ship and the rudder of the ship has been damaged - all unconfirmed reports. I reckon these are just Somali Pirates...
edit on 25-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

demus

so you're trying to say Yanukovich was considering loans and membership in NATO?

He was not only considering it, he was going for it. That's why I've the opinion that both sides are to blame in this.

There were two parts to this situation. Pre-revolution (in Ukraine) and post-revolution.

The pre-revolution situation was pretty stable, Ukraine had been for years negotiation it's membership in the EU and the possibility of joining NATO. Neither subject is connected, but they usually walk hand-in-hand with each-other.

Everything was going pro-EU in Ukraine, until certain movements started to point out severe problems in joining EU, like for instance, what has been happening to countries in the EU who needed financial assistance. Questions regarding the future state of Ukraine were raised, as to what would happen when such financial aid would arrive. Would Ukraine be, for decades, in debt with the EU or/and IMF? People started to question if that was really the best path.

Until that moment, Yanukovich followed all the right steps, and until that moment, Yanukovich was seen as a good leader for not going alone in his decision, and allowing the people to express itself.

The turning point was when Russia offered an alternative. They seized the opportunity of doubt regarding the EU membership of Ukraine, to instill discussion, and they did that by simply saying "we will give you billions, with little to no interest rates".

That was when it all cracked. Some people believe it was plotted by Putin, others believe that the Western influence pushed for the EU membership process. When doubt and division started to appear in Ukraine's society, some people took advantage of it.

Now, we can all discuss who and what did when, but let's be honest about something.:Yanukovich might be everything bad he is accused of being, but he did all the plays by the book.

In any country, if protests get out of control, police forces are brought in, and if there are enough agitators inside the protesting groups, things will get out of control and governments will always be in the position of taking defensive measures.

A revolt either has 100% population support and unity, or it's going to fail. Why? Because of cases like Syria. Just a percentage of population is enough to consider any revolt invalid, and the people who do not agree with it have all the right to ask for protection. This debate is simply to extensive to be argued around in a forum. At least, without making multiple-paged posts.

Who instigated the severe protests in Ukraine, why they did it... we will only know that 10 or 20 years from now. And if there is an escalation in conflict, and if there is something like a World War, then we will only truly find out 30 or 40 years from now... If ever. Let's not forget that History is written by the winning side, not by truth itself.

new topics

top topics

<< 247  248  249    251  252  253 >>

join