It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 254
<< 251  252  253    255  256  257 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
If this is true this pretty much confirms what most of us are thinking. An invasion into Eastern Ukraine looks highly likely. There are also reports of tanks and other Russian vehicles heading North from Simferopol in Crimea. From the looks of how Russia are positioning their military they could invade from Moldova, Crimea and on the borders so they may take the whole of South Eastern Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

Because that would not be the maidan (neonazis) trying to rile the situation up, no way...

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

ProfessorT
If this is true this pretty much confirms what most of us are thinking. An invasion into Eastern Ukraine looks highly likely. There are also reports of tanks and other Russian vehicles heading North from Simferopol in Crimea. From the looks of how Russia are positioning their military they could invade from Moldova, Crimea and on the borders so they may take the whole of South Eastern Ukraine.

Well didn't Obama actually tell Putin it was ok to invade yesterday when he said no troops but we can pressure him to stop. I would take that as a "Hay Putin, we were only mess'n around, you can have it back now."

A president should always chose their words wisely in times like this.....

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Barack Obama has shown himself to be weak in this instance because he immediately ruled out military action. This meant Vladimir Putin could plan his next move safe in the knowledge Obama will let him do it, even if it means invading large parts of Ukraine.

The picture below is allegedly from Belgorod. Taken from a bypass it shows 25 MI-24 attack helicopters.
Various Ukrainian news websites are displaying this image.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

ProfessorT
Barack Obama has shown himself to be weak in this instance because he immediately ruled out military action. This meant Vladimir Putin could plan his next move safe in the knowledge Obama will let him do it, even if it means invading large parts of Ukraine.

That's how I heard it also but that can also be a sleight of hand statement. Essentially daring Putin to invade to justify a more militaristic response from NATO.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Link

This cannot be good either...this is why Crimera is so important.

A large anti-submarine ship - the Admiral Levchenko, a large landing ship - the Olenegorsky Gornyak of the Russian Northern Fleet have begun joint maneuvers with big amphibious ships - the Kaliningrad and the Minsk which belong to the Russian Baltic Fleet. The four ships, which belong to an inter-fleet group of the Russian Navy, have been conducting joint maneuvers in the eastern part of the Mediterranean Sea, southwest of Cyprus, department chief of the press service of the Western Military District Vadim Serga told Itar-Tass on Wednesday.
The maneuvers are controlled from a command point on board the Admiral Levchenko. The ships of the Russian Northern and Baltic fleets have practiced joint maneuvers in navigation and changing positions with the use of visual and technical monitoring facilities and also conducted exercises to practice communication by means of radio signals in accordance with the international standards of radio communication, the press service said.
In the next 24 hours marines of the Northern and Baltic fleets will make air defense drills to rebuff assaults made from different altitudes. Exercises to ensure ships' survival at sea and practice search and rescue operations at the sea were scheduled as well, it said.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Now that the Svododa party are being publically a pain in the buttocks for the US and EU, they are now demanding that they be taken out, as they are incompatible with 1) the EU and 2) NATO.

This is why we will see more in svoboda party taken out, and now the gun grab on the streets.

They only have themselves to blame, by publically being a PIA to the coup makers. They served their purpose.

Ukraine is incompatible with the EU and NATO, especially due to their neo nazi type laws being pushed and death penalties and now the risk of the so called Russian "outcasts" to be persecuted.

Ukraine has no future in NATO (in fact even some members expressed alarm at them joining) and no future in the EU (due to their incompatible laws - even Turkey was forced to remove their draconian laws such as the death penalty to even get put on a list to join the EU at some future date).

Russia will just watch Ukraine tear itself apart, and regions run off to join the EU and Russia independantly (no international law preventing them deciding their own future).

Also what I found interesting reading on here was people referring to USSR and Ottoman empire aggreements about handing back Crimea, well, those empires no longer exist and as such those aggreements no longer hold.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Obama the US have to step easy very easy. If Obama puts action into hes Words. Russia just might demand that the EU have to buy oil in Russial rubles. Russia have the US/EU by the balls when it comes to this conflict. There is nothing they can do that will hurt Putin.

The G7 seven summit is actually a joke. It is more often canseled than it is held, It is the G20 that actually means something.
The US /EU dont have the Power to shut Putin from the G20 summit.

When it comes to the G7 i dont even know why the US is allowed to show up. They are broke.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The United States Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel held a news conference with the United Kingdom's Defence Secretary Phillip Hammond during which he stated that Russia has continued to build up its military forces on Ukraine's borders, despite Russia's Defence Minister stating that they will not invade Ukraine. As I write this Barack Obama sounds like he is giving a Sir Winston Churchill type speech in Brussels!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

spy66

Obama the US have to step easy very easy. If Obama puts action into hes Words. Russia just might demand that the EU have to buy oil in Russial rubles. Russia have the US/EU by the balls when it comes to this conflict. There is nothing they can do that will hurt Putin.

The G7 seven summit is actually a joke. It is more often canseled than it is held, It is the G20 that actually means something.
The US /EU dont have the Power to shut Putin from the G20 summit.

When it comes to the G7 i dont even know why the US is allowed to show up. They are broke.

Russia will allow the EU to pay in ANY currency, Euro or Pound Sterling (not that it is backed by Sterling anymore
), but knowing the EU, they will cave in to the US and stick to US Dollars instead. Russia will not demand payment in Rubles at all, it was stated that they will accept ANY currency, thus making the resources CHEAPER depending on the exchange rates but the resources will NOT be pegged against the US Dollar, and rightly so.

The G summet series are a joke and nothing but a high cost and pain to those countries hosting them (same as a US presidental visit, a total joke).

There are plenty of mechanisms, WTO et al that can be used for aggreements, Russia will use that time they booked for the G8 in Sochi for relaxation and saunas and pedicures. Honestly, not going to a G8 summet will save Russia money.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Obama just confirmed that should Russia enter further into Ukraine, no military action by NATO will take place. He's promising more sanctions which, I believe is giving Putin a green light to advance further. So far, it doesn't seem like Russia cares about sanctions..
edit on 26-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
There is something different about President Obama's speech. He is pretty much killing Vladimir Putin's argument for going into Crimea and Putin's anti-West agenda. I've listened to many of Obama's speeches but this one just sounds so different, as if he's talking with conviction! I wonder if Putin will respond in kind?!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

ProfessorT
There is something different about President Obama's speech. He is pretty much killing Vladimir Putin's argument for going into Crimea and Putin's anti-West agenda. I've listened to many of Obama's speeches but this one just sounds so different, as if he's talking with conviction! I wonder if Putin will respond in kind?!

Who wrote it for him?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I just came across this post on Facebook via Twitter. I'm not sure how accurate this is so don't all jump on me. However, if Russian tanks are 10km away from the Ukraine border what does this signal? No way are you going to be conducting military exercises that close to another countries border. That is just far too close.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Foxtrot7x

demus

it seems exactly that is happening.
in my opinion the most important was/is the speed of actions by Russia/Putin.
Political decisions, military deployments, statements - everything done so fast that "The West" cannot even comprehend the last move and the next move is already being played.

lol i'm pretty sure that the west has thought of all those scenarios and more . Frankly there are people paid to do exactly that. Military maneuvers , strategies, tactics are thought out well in advance. Each and every possible scenario is mapped and counters developed so that in real time its not a ****up.. You can't hide information these days. US intelligence is at least capable of that. Its in fact that intelligence that gives such credence to US military might.

if you are right and they are not surprised by each and every move Putin had/will make why it seems like they are completely confused and unsure how to behave and what to do next?
the fact that Russia is One and NATO/EU consist of many nations with non - uniform interests might be part of the problem.

like we're seeing bunch of thugs trying to get Bruce Lee, he is outnumbered, but he knows business.

now, when I think about it, it seems like Russia took advice of Bruce Lee: "Be Water..."

sorry for mixing everything up - sort of mind flow...

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

demus
reply to post by deviant300

it seems exactly that is happening.
in my opinion the most important was/is the speed of actions by Russia/Putin.
Political decisions, military deployments, statements - everything done so fast that "The West" cannot even comprehend the last move and the next move is already being played.

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
"He will win who, prepared himself, waits to take the enemy unprepared. "

Art of War.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

ProfessorT
I just came across this post on Facebook via Twitter. I'm not sure how accurate this is so don't all jump on me. However, if Russian tanks are 10km away from the Ukraine border what does this signal? No way are you going to be conducting military exercises that close to another countries border. That is just far too close.

Thats from 2nd of March, non the less, none of what is mentioned have stopped since then, infact buzzing and drone activity has increased.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
In Ukrainian news media:

Russia concentration elite troops on Ukrainian borders.

Russia continues to concentrate troops on the border with Ukraine, which has tank and tighten elite Guards units. Reported by "Dumskaya." Reportedly, in the southwest of the Bryansk region was seen machinery 12 Tank Regiment 4th Guards Tank Division Kantemyrivskoyi. This is the elite of the Russian Army, which regularly takes part in the parade on Red Square.

This compound vyvantazhylos in the area Novozybkov-Klimova and can be employed to attack straight on through Chernigov Kyiv.
In the area of ​​human settlements Kalynivka and ammonium in the Kursk region (15 and 7 km from the state border, respectively) focuses battalion task force of another legendary connection - 2nd Guards Taman Motorized Infantry Division.

Sources publications have reported about 400 troops in armored personnel carriers and infantry fighting vehicles, armored mouth (10 tanks) and communications center.
On military training ground in the vicinity of settlements Belgorod, Syevyernyy and Stroyityel are three battalions 76 th Pskov landing assault divisions and two battalions of the 106th Parachute th Tula Airborne Division.
Total is about 1100 employees and 120 units of cars and armored vehicles.

To bypass Belgorod recorded over 25 attack helicopters Mi-24.
As you know, State Border Service said that the number of provocations by Russian soldiers near the Ukrainian border increases.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Ukrainian ministry of defence: Russia deploys military camps on the border.

Foreign Ministry concerned rearrangement of Russian troops in the border regions of Ukraine.
This was at the briefing said Director of Information Policy Minister Predrag Eugene, according to Ukrainian news .
"According to law enforcement agencies, ongoing rearrangement of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation in the border areas of Ukraine, especially in the Bryansk region," - he said.
The diplomat noted that there is a cluster of military equipment in the vicinity of the settlement Churovichi Klymovske region Bryansk region, about 18 km from the Ukrainian border.
He said that on 25 March at the station "Klimovo" in Bryansk arrived 2 military echelons total of 60 cars with personnel and equipment.
In addition, Predrag said that was fixed deployment of communication and management platform with modules identified for accommodation of personnel, equipment staff, medical facilities and military field bases.
He stressed that Russia is actively using drones for aerial reconnaissance and monitoring the situation in the border regions.
It was reported that Russian Defense Ministry says its troops stay in the south-eastern border with Ukraine carrying out planned exercises to April.
In the State Border Service reported that the number of provocations by Russian soldiers near the border increases.
Ukrainian border guards estimated that just over the past day at different sites were reported more than 40 cases of occurrence near the border of the Russian unmanned aerial vehicles.
In addition, the observed 11 violations of the procedure for the use of the airspace over the territory of Crimea.

edit on 26/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Based on that info it looks like there are plans to go into Kiev... Well we know NATO won't do jack, I wonder how Poland feels about that though?

new topics

top topics

<< 251  252  253    255  256  257 >>

join